How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1

How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1
my GUI have 2 *.fig and 2 *.m and first GUI pass result to the second
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Can Matlab 6.5 automatically convert GUI-based Matlab program to stand-alone applications?
Hi all, I am using Matlab R2006a on Windows XP. I can use mcc to automatically convert GUI-based Matlab program into stand-alone applications. But can Matlab 6.5 do the same thing? Suppose the matlab GUI program was built using "guide" in Matlab 6.5, can Matlab 6.5 's mcc convert it into a standalone application automatically? I don't have a Matlab 6.5, but does anybody have experience on that? We need a special feature from Matlab 6.5... Thanks a lot! "Mike" <housing2006@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eui4uo$31f$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi ...

PROBLEMS with using a 6.5 GUI on MatLab 6.1
Hi I have a strange problem with transfering a GUI programmed in MatLab 6.5.0.180913a R13 to MatLab 6.1.0.450 R 12.1 ! To transfer the GUI I had to export the figure-file as described in the MatLabHelp. Now here are used different operationsystems. On the slow, old, Windows NT PC the GUI opens and works (if you take some time). But on the new, fast Win XP PC's only a small window with the Toolbar (File Edit View ...) opens. I can't find the rest of my GUI. All of the UI Controls are listed in the Property Editor. What happend? How could I use my GUI on the fast PC ? ...

Matlab 6.5.1 R13 with CVF 6.6?
I have a fortran file which I've been mex compiling using Compaq VF 6.5 under Matlab 6.5.1, and it works fine. I just upgraded to CVF 6.6 (using the free 6.5->6.6 upgrade from Compaq's webpage), and discovered that my file will no longer compile properly. To be specific, it compiles/links fine, but when I try to run I get: Unable to load mex file: <my extension>myfile.dll The specified procedure could not be found When I dug a little deeper, it seems that this only happens on files that use dynamically allocated memory. In particular, when I compared the two different .dll&#...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Matlab 6.5.1 and MSVC++ 6.0
Hi all! Please help me get a clearer picture of what i have read so far... I'm into a project which requires the usage of Matlab computation and i have a program in VC++.. I want my VC++ program to run and use the *.m files without the running of Matlab. In addition, i already written the .m files in Matlab. I have set up my env with mbuild -setup. here's my questions: is [mcc] used to convert .m to .c? (eg. mcc -e bp_meter.m bp_detect.m) can the convert .c files be imported into my VC++ project and compiled into stand alone application without the need to run Matlab? what is th...

Matlab 7 ----> Matlab 6 GUI conversion
Hi, I have a question related to whether it is possible to convert a .fig file that was created in Matlab 7 into Matlab 6. I am running on my machine Matlab 6 and when i am trying to run the gui created in a recent version of Matlab, it fails Thanks George close your pc and go to sleep magka moy ...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Is there a universal code to pass data between GUIs in both matlab 6.0 R12 & 6.5 R13?
I am wondering if there is a code that I can pass data between two or more GUI's so that I can use it in both matlab 6.0 R12 & matlab 6.5 R13. Or is it possible that R13 is backwards compatable? From what I've seen, I will receive errors in one if I try it in the other's format. Is there anyway to get around this? Matt ...

load5
After lots of hunting around with old friends, I was able to locate Windows libraries of Matlab 6.5. In addition, I have put a couple "extras" into the load5 command. As soon as it appears in the file exchange (and i notice it), i will update the file to a .zip file which will contain both Windows and Linux versions of load5. Note that if you use this MEX file with R14 in linux, you will need to copy the libz.so.1.2.2 to either the matlab directory and modify the symbolic links libz.so and libz.so.1, or put it in your path and make sure the LD_LIBRARY_PATH has your directory prece...

Using Matlab 6.5 To load Matlab 7.0 Figures
As suggested in my subject I am trying to use Matlab 6.5 to load a Matlab 7.0 updated .fig file. The command I am using is: hgload filename; the error I recieve is: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file z:\xbr_prop\proptool\V7.0.6\PROP\xbr_tool_prop_fig3.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them. Error in ==> \\Resbed-easrv\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\matlab\iofun\hgload.m On line 45 ==> fileVars = load(filename,'-mat'); Error in ==> z:\xbr_prop\proptool\V7.0.6\PROP\prop_7_gui.m On line 2 ==> hgload xbr_tool_prop_fig3;...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

convert a .mat file (Matlab 6.5) to a .mat file(Matlab 4)
Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 version. I want to convert it my file but i son't know why....I've proved with save as..but i had no chance. What i have to do?Someone can help me? Thank you very much! Bye!! Michael wrote: > Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to > this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from > matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 v...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

ode45 & events : error in Matlab 7 SP1, oke in Matlab 6.5
I wrote a program some time ago, which was working fine with Matlab 6.5 . I've upgraded to Matlab 7(SP1) and now it's not running anymore. I've getting an error while integrating a differential equation. I'm having the following error : ??? Error using ==> horzcat All matrices on a row in the bracketed expression must have the same number of rows. Error in ==> ode45 at 393 teout = [teout, te] Error in ==> flo_zoek_punt_doorsnede>controle at 211 [tijd,trajectorie,te,ye,ie] = ode45(@opl_aantr,[0 teind],[startpunt],options,LIAP_INSTAB,LIAP_STAB); It has something to do with the event function, but I don't know who to solve it. Do I have to change something to my code? Thanks Liesbeth Luyckx PS My code is the following : options = odeset('event', @zoek_nul); [tijd,trajectorie,te,ye,ie] = ode45(@opl_aantr,[0 teind],[startpunt],options,LIAP_INSTAB,LIAP_STAB); ------------------------------ function [value,isterminal,direction] = zoek_nul(t,y,LIAP_AANTR,STAB_LIAP) WAARDE = Liapunov1(y'); % Liapunov1 is a function WA1 = WAARDE - LIAP_AANTR; WA2 = WAARDE - STAB_LIAP; value = [WA1; WA2]; isterminal = [0 ; 1]; direction=[0; 0]; ------------------------------- function out1 = opl_aantr(t,y,LIAP_AANTR,STAB_LIAP) gegevens; % the parameter values are in this file % g and mu_d are both functions out1 = zeros(4,1); out1(1) = y(2); out1(2) = - 2 * dzeta1 * y(2) - g(y(1)) - g(y(1) - y(3)) - mu_d(y(1)); out1(3) = y(4); out1(...

issues involved in moving from MATLAB 5.3 (Release 11.0) to MATLAB 6.0.
Hi, I,ve found the reason for a problem I had (and posted last week), passing from M 5.3 to 6. In "Programming and Data Types Issues" I found that: "Attempting to assign a structure to a field of another structure now results in an error if both of the following conditions are true: The field being assigned to has been initialized to an empty matrix. The field being assigned to is referenced in the assignment using an array index. For example, mystruct.emptyfield = []; mystruct.emptyfield(1) = struct('f1', 25); ??? Conversion to double from struct is not possible. Th...

slider in a matlab 6.5 gui
I have this function to get a graph with a slider to change the axes values: function scrollplotdemo x=0:1e-2:2*pi; y=sin(x); dx=2; a=gca; p=plot(x,y); set(gcf,'doublebuffer','on'); set(a,'xlim',[0 dx]); set(a,'ylim',[min(y) max(y)]); pos=get(a,'position'); Newpos=[pos(1) pos(2)-0.1 pos(3) 0.05]; xmax=max(x); S=['set(gca,''xlim'',get(gcbo,''value'')+[0 ' num2str(dx) '])']; h=uicontrol('style','slider',... 'units','normalized','position',Newpos,... 'callba...

running executable from Matlab 6.5
I need to use Matlab to run an executable file, but the executable needs to be run by typing a few commands into a prompt window. Basically, to run the program, I click on an icon that opens up a prompt window, which i type in a few commands separated by spaces. For example: c:\ "diana datafile.dat command.com output" (the things in the quotes are what i need to type in). And this will make the program run. I would like to automate this procedure to run multiple times and so i would like to automate it in Matlab. Is there any way that I can have matlab open up the prompt window and...

Learning MatLab 6.5.1 (any suggestions)
Hello: I want to learn how to use MatLab 6.5.1, and would like to know how I should approach learning this program. What is a good tutorial? or a good book for a beginner. Regards, Friend On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 03:22:31 +0000, Friend wrote: > Hello: > > I want to learn how to use MatLab 6.5.1, and would like to know how I > should approach learning this program. What is a good tutorial? or a good > book for a beginner. > > Regards, > > Friend You can start with the documentation that comes with Matlab. Start up Matlab, type &...

Equivalent of uipanel in Matlab 6.5.1
I have been using Matlab7 for my gui and have been using uipanel to group uicontrols and make the gui better. Now when I want to run my program in Matlab 6.5.1, it causes problems because the earlier version does not support uipanel. Can anyone suggest me an alternative to use uipanel in Matlab version 6.5.1? Thanks, Sree. ...

Matlab 6.5.1 for Linux (Fedora)
I have just switched from windows XP Pro to Linux (Fedora Core 1) and am trying to download the necessary version of Matlab, but don't see it. Here are the options that I am given when I try: Windows, Digital UNIX, IRIX/IRIX64, Solaris, HP-UX 10, HP-UX 11, Mac OS X, AIX I don't see a Linux option. I am new to Linux ... is one of these usable for me? Also, I thought that it might not be available in 6.5.1, so I checked earlier versions, and I have the same download options. Hi. I've found R13 (6.5.1) of Matlab on the Internet. And i downloaded it as a Linux comp. ve...

MATLAB version 7.5.0 error on kernel 2.6.24.5 on Slackware 12.1
Dear users, On Slackware 12, I was using MATLAB without any problem. Now I updated to Slackware 12.1, kernel 2.6.24.5...My old kernel was 2.6.21...Matlab gives the following error while startin: Warning: Initializing Handle Graphics failed in matlabrc. This indicates a potentially serious problem in your MATLAB setup, which should be resolved as soon as possible. Error detected was: MATLAB:badsubscript Attempted to access monitors(1,:); index out of bounds because size(monitors)=[0,4]. > In matlabrc at 104 Can you help me with this? Thank you in advance... Ekin Hi th...

Why is Matlab 7 excruciatingly slow (compared to Matlab 6)?
Hi, I've just installed Matlab 7 and it's incredibly slow when starting up and also when closing. Once the Matlab program window opens, it looks like as if it has started but it says "Initilizing..." in the Status bar at the bottom and the Start button is disabled. Basically you can't do anything. I never had such problems with Matlab 6. Don't have any virus program running either. Is there any setting I need to adjust to prevent this from happening? Cos it takes nearly 2-3 mins just to complete initialization!! I tried installing it on two notebooks and they both ...

Matlab Gui #6
Hi, I am using the "guide" interface in Matalb and I am trying to create a button that when pressed will display a stored value in a textbox. My problem is that it continues to display the variable name rather than its value. And sometimes it does not work at all. thanks Jay Maybe you wrote set(handles.my_text,'String','variable') instead of set(handles.my_text,'String',variable) If that's not the case you should provide some of your code that all the experts (I am not one of these...) here can help you. Good luck Bernd Jason wrote: > > > ...

Web resources about - How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Execute (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Execute is the debut album of So Solid Crew members, Oxide & Neutrino . It includes the Casualty sampling number 1 single " Bound 4 Da Reload ...

eXecute by J.P. Morgan on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about eXecute by J.P. Morgan. Download eXecute by J.P. Morgan and enjoy ...

Occupy Wall Street Protester Wants To Execute "White Collar Criminals" - YouTube
A protester at Occupy Wall Street tells National Review's Charles C. W. Cooke that he wouldn't want to be president because of his "dark side," ...

Taliban gunman publicly executes woman near Kabul
A man, Afghan officials say is a member of the Taliban, shot dead a woman accused of adultery in front of a crowd near Kabul, a video obtained ...

How Indonesia will execute death row inmates
Bali Nine drug traffickers Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran will have some small choices in the way they die and those who execute them will ...

Pakistan to execute 500 terror convicts
Pakistan plans to execute about 500 militants in coming weeks after the government lifted a moratorium on the death penalty in terror cases following ...

North Korea 'executes' leader's ex (00:47)
According to South Korean reports, the ex-girlfriend of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un was put to death on pornography allegations.

Mentally ill Brazilian Rodrigo Gularte fit to execute: Indonesia
A Brazilian man whom the Attorney-General has proclaimed fit to execute with the Bali nine organisers was first diagnosed with a mental illness ...

North Korea ‘executes’ army chief of staff Ri Yong-gil
NORTH Korea has reportedly executed its army chief of staff Ri Yong-gil, the latest in a series of executions, purges and disappearances under ...

Fury as Indonesia executes foreigners
The execution of five foreign nationals in Indonesia has caused outrage in countries who had pleaded for clemency for their citizens.