How can I fill additional region with color on the colored map

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I use surfm with caxis [a b] and additionally should fill a certain region
on the map with the certain color. I can do it with help of functions fillm,
patchm, patchesm etc. These functions require as the arguments of the vector
of the apexes of the polygons, but I have only array of data grid. I can
calculate the vector of the apexes with help of  C = contourm(Z,R) . But in
C values there isn't NaN values, which are necessary for function fillm for
limiting the subregions. The simple version of substitution in data grid NaN
values out of the region and the repeated use surfm does not approach -
spoils initial colormap. I assume this sufficiently standard situation (in
other products layers are used). Cannot someone help?

Thanks in advance.

0
Reply bsstrukov (1) 4/14/2006 12:14:35 PM

See related articles to this posting

How to change the color bar under fill/back color icon on toolbar and use last color setting
I created custom toolbar icons that look and function similar to the standard MS Access Fill/Back Color and Fill/Fore Color toolbar icons. My custom icons call a function that uses the Terry Kreft and Stephan Lebans 'aDialogColor' function. I modified the function slightly to open the full color palette with CC_FULLOPEN + CC_RGBINIT and pass to the function the color that I want to set initially before calling ChooseColor. My issue is, I would like to set the color bar that appears beneath the actual Fill/Back Color and Fill/Fore Color icon on my custom icons exactly like it does on ...

Map a PANTONE color to a CMYK color
Hi. I would need some help here please. This might be a stupid question; is there any algorithm to determine the CMYK color that is nearest to a given PANTONE color? I doubt. If not, are there any public mapping tables available out there that maps PANTONE colors to their nearest CMYK representation, respectively? Thank you, Dennis >This might be a stupid question; >is there any algorithm to determine the CMYK color that is nearest to a >given PANTONE color? The Pantone colours are not systematic; you would have to work with a table of colours and find the closest one. "C...

Monitor color, PS color, Web color
I need a reality check. If I have a web page and set the background to, say, #009933 (allegedly a web-safe color) and then specify in CS the same color, then is it true that they CS image exported as a GIF will not necessarily match? What of colors that work better in the CMYK space, or does it matter? Sorry, but I've a new monitor for web work and I am realizing that perhaps my success in this regard may have been dumb luck or delusion! TIA In article <11ckv4icdet2v74@news.supernews.com>, "johnboy" <okaynow@nospam.no> wrote: > If I have a web page and ...

Color bar colors not matching Image colors
Hi all, I'm having trouble getting colors in a 2D data array to agree with my color= bar range. How can I set a Min and Max value for colors in an image without= requiring the data be scaled to use the whole range? i.e. My color bar goes from -500 (blue) to 500 (red) and the values in the = field only range between 100 and 400. How do I set the colors in the field = to match their corresponding colors in the colorbar? I know they are not cu= rrently corresponding because I am getting blue colors in field even though= there are no negative values. I tried setting Min =3D -5...

How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors?
I'm trying to learn SAS graph. My question is to how to find out what the colors that start with "cx" = translate to. For instance, in experimentation I have found out that: cx000000 =3D black=20 cx010000 =3D black cx590000 =3D brown=20 cxff0000 =3D red=20 1. Is there a list of the major cx characters somewhere? 2. Is there some way to get what the cx color number is from knowing = the RGB and hue numbers? For instance, I can determine in MS Access = that light blue is: Hue=3D120, Sat=3D240, Lum=3D180, Red=3D128, Green=3D255, Blue=3D255 (MS = access color 16777088...

Re: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors?
--On 2/7/2008 11:28 AM -0600 Mary wrote: > My question is to how to find out what the colors that start with "cx" > translate to. > > For instance, in experimentation I have found out that: > cx000000 = black > cx010000 = black > cx590000 = brown > cxff0000 = red [...] > 2. Is there some way to get what the cx color number is from knowing the > RGB and hue numbers? For instance, I can determine in MS Access that > light blue is: > > Hue=120, Sat=240, Lum=180, Red=128, Green=255, Blue=255 (MS access color > 16777088) > > Would there ...

Best color to colorize
I have a rather large clip art collection, including web page backgrounds. Recently, I discovered a backgrounds web site from which you can download the same backgrounds in different colors. Me, I prefer to download one color of the background and colorize it to my needs at the given time. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but what's the best color background to colorize without losing detail in the background? (Or is a greyscale background the most colorizeable?) Any info is appreciated. Thanks! -- ============================ - Dave http://members.cox.net/grundage/ On Sat,...

code for color ordering and color mapping in palette images
i am doing project in adaptive data hiding using color ordering and color mapping in palette images.can any one tell about it immediately. ...

Can a Color Box display the transparent color [16777216]?

FW: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors?
The RGBDM function works in the other direction too. You can get the RGB value for a color: init: txtClr=rgbdm("cxf00000"); put txtClr=; txtClr=rgbdm("red",rgbcolor); put txtClr= rgbcolor=; return; SAS log: txtClr=ORANGE txtClr=RED rgbcolor=CX800000 -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Randy Herbison Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:07 PM To: Mary; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: RE: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors? If you have SAS/AF, you can use the SCL function...

Is there any library that can convert RGB colors to ANSI colors?
Convert RGB colors to the closest ANSI colors. For example, given RGB color FF0000, it should print [31m. On Nov 30, 4:39=A0pm, ZelluX <zel...@gmail.com> wrote: > Convert RGB colors to the closest ANSI colors. For example, given RGB > color FF0000, it should print [31m. Maybe ... but you could write it yourself quickly enough; the code is a trivial loop over a list of the RGB values of the 8 possible colours, and would fit easily on a 24x80 terminal :-) Why don't you have a try at it and come back if you have any problems? Cheers, John On Nov 30, 8:04=A0pm, John Machin <...

Marker fill color and different marker edge color
Dear all, using gnuplot I try to plot data from a file with points such us squares or circles and I would like to achieve a certain fill color, let's say red, but a different marker edge color, say black. As terminal I use postscript eps enhanced color. Do you have any hints? Best Regards, Henning In article <g69vba$fl0$1@news.albasani.net>, Henning Haida <losmintos@midnightallstars.de> wrote: >Dear all, > >using gnuplot I try to plot data from a file with points such us squares >or circles and I would like to achieve a certain fill color...

Best color to colorize
I have a rather large clip art collection, including web page backgrounds. Recently, I discovered a backgrounds web site from which you can download the same backgrounds in different colors. Me, I prefer to download one color of the background and colorize it to my needs at the given time. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but what's the best color background to colorize without losing detail in the background? (Or is a greyscale background the most colorizeable?) Any info is appreciated. Thanks! -- ============================ - Dave http://members.cox.net/grundage/ On Sat,...

How can I plot line with a color gradient instead of a solid color?
How can I change the 'RED' color below to a gradient instead? (a RedBlue gradient for example) ------------------------ LayeredGraphPlot[{1 -> 2, 1 -> 3}, EdgeRenderingFunction -> ({Red, Arrow[#1, 0.1]} &)] ------------------------ ...

Mapping grayscale image into a colored image with two primary colors
Hey guys, For a problem I need to work out some way to map a grayscale image into a colored image with two colors- lets say blue and yellow. To make it more clear lets say we have a grayscale image and we want to make it colored but it only consists of blue and yellow ( or any other colors). However, I want to preserve the details of the image, so hue and saturation must stay the same and all shadow effects and such still available in transformed picture. Just lets say all the dark parts of the image map to blue and light parts map to yellow . something like that . any1 has any idea how to d...

Help!! How to measure the color value of segmented region of a color image??
Hi: I have segmented a color image with the watershed segment algorithm and attained the label matrix.But I confused : 1.How to measure the color value of the different regions?? 2.Do the different regions appear in the orignal image?? I could send anyone my code and thanks to attention to this question. Lin On Jun 22, 8:54=A0pm, "lin " <wangchen...@163.com> wrote: > Hi: > =A0 I have segmented a color image with the watershed segment algorithm a= nd attained the label matrix.But I confused : > =A0 =A01.How to measure the color va...

Re: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors? #5
If you have SAS/AF, you can use the SCL function RGBDM to get the color associated with an RGB value: init: txtclr=rgbdm("cxf00000"); put txtclr=; return; SAS log: txtclr=ORANGE The SCL can easily be parameterized and optionally wrapped in a macro for convenient use within a SAS program. Let me know if you are interested, and I'll provide example code. -Randy -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Mary Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:28 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to find ou...

Re: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors? #6
Thanks to all very much. I did find a site that shows the HEX numbers = for the standard MS color wheel- it is: http://html-color-codes.com/ In SAS Graph, one refers to these with cx in front of them, such as: cframe=3D"cx80FFFF"; for light blue.=20 -Mary Mary wrote: > Thanks to all very much. I did find a site that shows the HEX > numbers = for the standard MS color wheel- it is: A final note, in your SAS install root, there should be a folder "graph\sasmacro" containing the file "colormac.sas". In your SAS session simply submit %colormac(HE...

Re: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors? #4
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Mary > Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:28 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors? > > I'm trying to learn SAS graph. > > My question is to how to find out what the colors that start > with "cx" translate to. > > For instance, in experimentation I have found out that: > cx000000 = black > > cx010000 = black > > cx590000 = brown > > cxff0000 = red > > &g...

Re: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors? #7
Thanks to everyone who helped- I thought you might want to see the = resulting code (light blue frame, red box in box plot with blue median = line, green outlier points). I've come far since yesterday, thank to = everybody's help. proc gplot data=3Dbox_set; plot age*aaa_pheno_cat =3D type/ haxis=3Daxis1 vaxis=3Daxis2 vref=3D10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 cframe=3D"cxCCFFFF"; symbol1 i=3Dboxft c=3D"cxFF0000" bwidth=3D5 width=3D2 cv=3D"cxFF0000" = co=3D"cx003399"; symbol2 i=3Dnone v=3Dstar c=3D"cx009933"; format aaa_pheno_cat aaa_ph...

change the color of 'fill' (define the rgb color)
Hello, Is it possible to define the color of 'fill' as in the following code : # define my color MyColor= set style fill solid MyColor thank you In article <e45f5740-dade-4920-97cd-2324b0b89af0@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, D.GH <dariush.ghorbanzadeh@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > > >Is it possible to define the color of 'fill' as in the following >code : > ># define my color >MyColor= >set style fill solid MyColor No. The color is a property of the individual object, not a property of the fill style. -- ...

Re: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors? #3
Here is a routine I wrote some time ago to take a look at RGB colors. *Go here for really useful information about WEB colors; * http://www.unplug.com/great/ ; data ann1 ann2 ann3 ; length function style text color $ 8 xsys ysys hsys when position $ 1 ; length rc gc bc $ 1 ; xsys='3' ; ysys='3' ; when='B' ; hsys='3' ; line=0 ; position='3' ; yy=90 ; xx=0 ; do b=1 to 2 ; do r=1 to 6 ; do g=1 to 6 ; rc=substr('0369CF',r,1) ; gc=substr('0369CF',g,1) ; bc=substr('0369CF',b,1) ; color='cx'||rc||rc||gc||gc||bc||bc ; function=...

Re: How to find out which CX color codes map to what colors? #2
Thanks much- yes that did work (now I have to remember my HEX :-) ) I did just look and found a site that listed many of the colors. It is: http://www.december.com/html/spec/color1.html I've tried out a few and they do work! -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Dave Scocca=20 To: Mary=20 Cc: SAS(r) Discussion=20 Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 11:39 AM Subject: Re: [SAS-L] How to find out which CX color codes map to what = colors? --On 2/7/2008 11:28 AM -0600 Mary wrote: > My question is to how to find out what the colors that start with = "cx"...

Changing font color from current font color to black color
Hi, Is it possible using RMagic, that if you have a image file ".bmp" and that file got "hello" in red color or any other color and to change that color to black color. Example of the image attached. How we can do that. ? Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3292/image.zip -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. ...