How can I remove DICOM file information from image?

Hi,

When I run this code which is given by Matlab Tutorial;

%
info = dicominfo('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm');
Y = dicomread(info);
figure, imshow(Y);
imcontrast;
%

I can see the DICOM file. But I want to remove the information which is located the environment of the object .When you run this code, you see some information like date,some datas, patient name vs...

Is it possible to remove this information?

Thanks
0
sakirae (23)

If we can't do this in Matlab, Could you propose any free or open source DICOM viewer for editing DICOM file?
0
sakirae (23)
4/2/2012 12:29:11 PM

"elysion87 " <sakirae@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When I run this code which is given by Matlab Tutorial;
>
> %
> info = dicominfo('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm');
> Y = dicomread(info);
> figure, imshow(Y);
> imcontrast;
> %
>
> I can see the DICOM file. But I want to remove the information which is
> located the environment of the object .When you run this code, you see
> some information like date,some datas, patient name vs...
> Is it possible to remove this information?

Look at the DICOMANON function introduced in release R14:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/ref/dicomanon.html

http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/rn/bqnw2fy-1.html#bqnw7ro-1

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
4/2/2012 1:33:56 PM
"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <jlc9s4$sfc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "elysion87 " <sakirae@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I run this code which is given by Matlab Tutorial;
> >
> > %
> > info = dicominfo('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm');
> > Y = dicomread(info);
> > figure, imshow(Y);
> > imcontrast;
> > %
> >
> > I can see the DICOM file. But I want to remove the information which is
> > located the environment of the object .When you run this code, you see
> > some information like date,some datas, patient name vs...
> > Is it possible to remove this information?
>
> Look at the DICOMANON function introduced in release R14:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/ref/dicomanon.html
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/rn/bqnw2fy-1.html#bqnw7ro-1
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

I tried this code and I see the same thing;

%
dicomanon('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm', 'out.dcm');
I = dicomread('b.dcm');
imshow(I);
imcontrast;
%
0
sakirae (23)
4/2/2012 3:12:11 PM
On 4/2/2012 11:12 AM, elysion87 wrote:
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <jlc9s4$sfc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>>

>> "elysion87 " <sakirae@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > When I run this code which is given by Matlab Tutorial;
>> >
>> > %
>> > info = dicominfo('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm');
>> > Y = dicomread(info);
>> > figure, imshow(Y);
>> > imcontrast;
>> > %
>> >
>> > I can see the DICOM file. But I want to remove the information which
>> is > located the environment of the object .When you run this code,
>> you see > some information like date,some datas, patient name vs...
>> > Is it possible to remove this information?
>>
>> Look at the DICOMANON function introduced in release R14:
>>
>> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/ref/dicomanon.html
>>
>> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/rn/bqnw2fy-1.html#bqnw7ro-1
>>
>> --
>> Steve Lord
>> slord@mathworks.com
>> To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
>> http://www.mathworks.com
>

> I tried this code and I see the same thing;
>
> %
> dicomanon('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm', 'out.dcm');
> I = dicomread('b.dcm');
> imshow(I);
> imcontrast;
> %

You wrote to out.dcm using dicomanon, but then you read from b.dcm using
dicomread on the next line.

--
Steve Eddins
http://blogs.mathworks.com/steve/
"Steve Eddins" wrote in message <jlcft2$o7a$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> On 4/2/2012 11:12 AM, elysion87 wrote:
> > "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> > <jlc9s4$sfc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >>

> >> "elysion87 " <sakirae@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> is > located the environment of the object .When you run this code,
> >> you see > some information like date,some datas, patient name vs...
> >>
> >> Look at the DICOMANON function introduced in release R14:
> >>
> >> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/ref/dicomanon.html
> >>
> >> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/rn/bqnw2fy-1.html#bqnw7ro-1
> >>
> >> --
> >> Steve Lord
> >> slord@mathworks.com
> >> To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
> >> http://www.mathworks.com
> >

> > I tried this code and I see the same thing;
> >
> > %
> > dicomanon('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm', 'out.dcm');
> > I = dicomread('b.dcm');
> > imshow(I);
> > imcontrast;
> > %
>
> You wrote to out.dcm using dicomanon, but then you read from b.dcm using
> dicomread on the next line.
>
> --
> Steve Eddins
> http://blogs.mathworks.com/steve/

Sorry for this mistake.But I tried the codes again but I see the same result;

dicomanon('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm', 'out.dcm');
 I = dicomread('out.dcm');
 imshow(I);
 imcontrast;
0
sakirae (23)
4/2/2012 3:47:10 PM
On 4/2/2012 11:47 AM, elysion87 wrote:
> "Steve Eddins" wrote in message <jlcft2$o7a$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> On 4/2/2012 11:12 AM, elysion87 wrote:
>> > "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
>> > <jlc9s4$sfc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/rn/bqnw2fy-1.html#bqnw7ro-1

>> > I tried this code and I see the same thing;
>> >
>> > %
>> > dicomanon('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm', 'out.dcm');
>> > I = dicomread('b.dcm');
>> > imshow(I);
>> > imcontrast;
>> > %
>>
>> You wrote to out.dcm using dicomanon, but then you read from b.dcm
>> using dicomread on the next line.
>>
>> --
>> Steve Eddins
>> http://blogs.mathworks.com/steve/
>

> Sorry for this mistake.But I tried the codes again but I see the same
> result;
>

> dicomanon('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm', 'out.dcm');
> I = dicomread('out.dcm');
> imshow(I);
> imcontrast;

The information you are seeing is burned into the image data itself and
so can only be removed by doing some image editing.

Also, the text included on the image does not include the patient name.

--
Steve Eddins
http://blogs.mathworks.com/steve/
0
steve.eddins (785)
4/2/2012 4:20:48 PM
"Steve Eddins" wrote in message <jlcjl0$9r6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> On 4/2/2012 11:47 AM, elysion87 wrote:

> >> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/images/rn/bqnw2fy-1.html#bqnw7ro-1

> >> You wrote to out.dcm using dicomanon, but then you read from b.dcm
> >> using dicomread on the next line.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Steve Eddins
> >> http://blogs.mathworks.com/steve/
> >

> > Sorry for this mistake.But I tried the codes again but I see the same
> > result;
> >

> > dicomanon('CT-MONO2-16-ankle.dcm', 'out.dcm');
> > I = dicomread('out.dcm');
> > imshow(I);
> > imcontrast;
>
> The information you are seeing is burned into the image data itself and
> so can only be removed by doing some image editing.
>
> Also, the text included on the image does not include the patient name.
>
> --
> Steve Eddins
> http://blogs.mathworks.com/steve/

How can I do this "image editing" ? Could you propose any method or tool?
0
sakirae (23)
4/2/2012 5:16:11 PM
On Apr 2, 1:16=A0pm, "elysion87 " <saki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I do this "image editing" ? Could you propose any method or tool?
--------
You could probably adapt my salt and pepper removal code give here:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/33104-need-code-for-median-f=
iltering-on-color-images

Just find the letters.  Easy to do because they are probably all black
or all white.  You might have to restrict your search to a certain
part of the image or do other tricky stuff to make sure you get only
black/white letter pixels and not black/white pixels in the actual
image that are NOT letters.  So then you have a binary mask of letter
locations.  Then you just do
% Initialize
noLetterImage =3D originalGrayImage;
% Replace letter pixels with the corresponding pixels from the median
filtered image.
noLetterImage(binaryLetterMask) =3D
medianFilteredGrayImage(binaryLetterMask);
0
imageanalyst (7621)

can upload text files but not image files
Hello Im using the following code to upload image files and a text file The text file itself contains the image file name. The code opens the text file reads it .and if it finds the image file name it PUTs it to a remote website folder. It then PUTs the text file and deletes it from the local machine. The code runs fine and the text file is uploaded but the image files do not. The file name is being located as it is displayed in the message box. Ive checked the obvious stuff like the existence of the folder on the remote site etc and everything seems fine. But I cannot see why the images are not uploaded. Im not aware that image files have to be treated any different to other files using the Internet transfer control. Can anyone help ********************************************** Private Sub cmdPut_Click() On Error GoTo myerror Dim fso As New FileSystemObject, txtfile, fil1 As File, ts As TextStream Dim sFile As String Dim sBuffer As String Dim MyImgFile As String sFile = App.path & "\Uploads\" & Me.txtUploadFile Set fil1 = fso.GetFile(sFile) Set ts = fil1.OpenAsTextStream(ForReading) Do Until ts.AtEndOfStream sBuffer = ts.ReadLine If Left(sBuffer, 11) = "INSERT INTO" Then GoTo nextloop Else MyImgFile = App.path & "\Images\" & sBuffer Inet1.Execute , "PUT " & MyImgFile & " htdocs/images/DBimages/" & sBuffer MsgBox "Uploading...

Can I atomically include files to the ctf file of the Matlab compiler?
Hi, My problem: I've a function myHelperFcn.m which needs myData.mat and myImage.jpg at runtime. I can include the needed files with the -a option of the mcc command, like this: mcc -m myFcn.m –a myData.mat -a myImage.jpg But I'm searching for a mechanism like the function pragma (%#function myCallbackFcn) for non m-files, which atomically includes the needed files to the ctf file. thanks, Martin ...

Multiple DICOM images in single DICOM file Java API
I am looking for Java API that will read multiple DICOM image that are contained in a single DICOM file. We want to convert these images into lossless JPEG and store them as separate images Any help would be appreciated. ...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

Can not save excel file when dispose excel because the file is read-only. How can I do it?
I can not save an excel file generated by report generation toolkit in LV becaues it is a read-only file. How can I generate a un-read-only file? Thanks. Is my question clear enough? What I want to do are: 1. create or open a file in LV (use Open/create/replace File.vi), generate a new report, write data to the report, save report to file before dispose it. 2. use subvi to enter file's path and name, don't use labview's file dialog box or Excel's menu because we are using touch screen and they are not big enough for fingers. What I encountered are: got error message after Save Report to File.vi function, which is "Error -2146827284 occurred at Exception occured in Microsoft Office Excel, Cannot access read-only document 'file name'.. Help Path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\xlmain11.chm and context 0 in Excel_Save_Workbook.vi->Save Report to File.vi This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input." 2.Excel open and I can see the data was written in it, after a few seconds later , got message from Excel which is "File Now available. 'file name' now available for editing, please select read/write for editing." something like that. 3. the data is written to Excel, but not saved before dispose report. so when reopen that file from excel, it is empty. Does anyone know how to figure it ou...

How can I remove periodic noise from images?
Hi! How can I remove vertical periodic noise from image? I need to matlab code for that process. Thank you! Jaquan Quen wrote: > > > Hi! > How can I remove vertical periodic noise from image? I need to > matlab > code for that process. > Thank you! Assuming that your periodic noise can be modelled as addititive and not multiplicative noise, then frequency domain filtering is the text book solution to your problem. What you need to construct is a model of your noise image (e.g. a series of vertical bars) which have exactly the same spatial frequency, phase and amplitude as the noise polluting your image, and whose size is exactly that of your image. Fourier transform both your original image and your noise model. Now subtract the two transform images. If you have done it all properly then the result of the inverse transform should be a good approximation to your image less the noise. In some cases it is possible to estimate the model of the noise directly from the Fourier transform of the original image. Because the noise is periodic, it may be very compact and obvious in the Fourier domain (a series of very bright spots) and occasionally it is possible to remove them by inspection. It is not my policy to supply code to solve a problem, especially given such a non-specific problem definition. However I hope that you will find the posting gives you a helping hand towards writing your own code. Regards Dave Robinson My noisy image is like this one...

Can we read excel file with matlab ?
hi, I wanted to know if we can extract datas from an excel (microsoft) file with matlab. I have 826 lines and 12 columns in my file, and I would want to put those datas in a matlab array. Does anyone know how to do it (function to use ...) ? Thank you for your help Nicolas wrote: > > > hi, > > I wanted to know if we can extract datas from an excel (microsoft) > file with matlab. I have 826 lines and 12 columns in my file, and I > would want to put those datas in a matlab array. Does anyone know > how > to do it (function to use ...) ? > > Thank you for your help Search for "Excel" in the on-line help and you will find xlsread if you have a recent version of Matlab. / per per isakson wrote: > > > Nicolas wrote: >> >> >> hi, >> >> I wanted to know if we can extract datas from an excel > (microsoft) >> file with matlab. I have 826 lines and 12 columns in my file, and > I >> would want to put those datas in a matlab array. Does anyone know >> how >> to do it (function to use ...) ? >> >> Thank you for your help Go to File , Import Wizard and navigate to the file, this will open it in Matlab Array Editor. Ade > > Search for "Excel" in the on-line help and you will find xlsread if > you have a recent version of Matlab. > > / per Nicolas wrote: > > > hi, > > I wanted to know if we can extract datas from an exce...

Multi-frame DICOM Image files
HI I am trying to display a multiframe image of dimension 128 X 128 X 1 X 16 in just one single frame collectivly. 'montage' is putting all the frames in one image but as an array (placing each frame side by side) and not as just one image of 128 X 128. 'imlincomb' is adding all the frames and giving a 128 X 128 image but its of no use as its white and black because of addition. Kindly help.. how to display this multi frame DICOM image in one frame. I already was able to display single frame dicom image. Thank you very much Tanuj <tanujpuri82@gmail.com> wrote in message <17421874.1210866680915.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum. org>... > HI > > I am trying to display a multiframe image of dimension > 128 X 128 X 1 X 16 in just one single frame collectivly. > > 'montage' is putting all the frames in one image but as an array (placing each frame side by side) and not as just one image of 128 X 128. > > 'imlincomb' is adding all the frames and giving a 128 X 128 image but its of no use as its white and black because of addition. > > Kindly help.. how to display this multi frame DICOM image in one frame. > > I already was able to display single frame dicom image. > > Thank you very much figure,imshow(image,[]) Using the '[]' scales the image for display. ...

how can remove ^M from Expect log files.
Hi All, I find there are many "^M" in my Expect log file. I'm using Solaris. Could you tell me how can do some configure to remove them? Thanks. Franklin "Franklin Li" <pengtaoli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ch1h9a$3id@netnews.proxy.lucent.com... > Hi All, > > I find there are many "^M" in my Expect log file. I'm using Solaris. > > Could you tell me how can do some configure to remove them? > > Thanks. > > Franklin > > On Unix you can use the translate tool: tr -d "\015" <logfilename >newlogfilename Barron Hulver Barron.Hulver@case.edu I don't know too much about Expect, but you can always use "dos2unix" command to remove "^M". HTH, Jim Franklin Li wrote: > Hi All, > > I find there are many "^M" in my Expect log file. I'm using Solaris. > > Could you tell me how can do some configure to remove them? > > Thanks. > > Franklin > > "Franklin Li" <pengtaoli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ch1h9a$3id@netnews.proxy.lucent.com>... > Hi All, > > I find there are many "^M" in my Expect log file. I'm using Solaris. > > Could you tell me how can do some configure to remove them? > > Thanks. > > Franklin Man I hate those! You can use tr from the command line to translate the line endings. "Franklin Li" <pe...

Dicom File which contains image with Hounsfield Units
I have an image in dicom extension and i want to visualize it in matlab. My dicom file contains an image in Hounsfield Units. Dicom info rescal slope =1 Rescale intercept=-1024 Window center = 800 Window weigth = 100 When i write x=dicomread(filedicom) imshow (x,[]) I can see the image . But is it the real image? Or i have to apply a linear transformation because of the hu scale? Thank you ...

How can i put the image file to the db ? (mssql)
Hi, i have a little problem. i hope u guys give me a clear solution (: db: mssql i just want to put jpeg file to the image field at the mssql db. and after that i want to call it back.. how can i do this ? i tried this code ; $image = $_FILES['form_data']['name']; $image_yol = $_FILES['form_data']['tmp_name']; $newdata = "$image_yol"; $data = addslashes(fread(fopen($image_yol, "r"), filesize($image_yol))); to put image to the db... but it gave me an error like "'PHP Warning: mssql_query(): message: Line 7: Incorrect syntax near 'Japanese'. (severity 15) in d:\www\docs\php_viva\functions.php on line 3 PHP Warning: mssql_query(): message: The identifier that starts with 'vG!��k�ZJ{�������vUt&#376;�\\\'_�~&#8217;�����z&#8240;&#8250;n&#381;�a��{W&#8249;_&#8216;~M��\\\"�[c&#338;��$&#8217;~j#n&#710;�-�l��r�����&#8249;$�s&#8212;QҾ��^����e�r�}����_9{U�L�����&#8249;' is too long. Maximum length is 128. (severity 15) in d:\www\docs\php_viva'is too long. Maximum length is 128" do you have any idea? Thanks, "Alper Adatoz" <allper@myway.com> wrote in message news:eae08b72.0311110522.62b12fd3@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > i have a little problem. i hope u guys give me a clear solution (: > > db: mssql > > i just want to put jpeg file to the image field at the mssql db. >...

Matlab can not found files from the current working folder
Hi, Matlab can not found files from the current working folder. There seems to be only one folder where Matlab finds the functions. However, when I change the current working directory and try to use some functions of that, Matlab do not find them. Dir command lists the functions, although Matlab do no found them. Help command also gives information of the functions. I have also restarted Matlab, but it did not help. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. Best Regards, Maria Obviously I can't reproduce that because it works like it should for me and virtually all others. Can you copy and paste your command window here when you say this: clc ver pwd dir *.m test_m_file % Replace test_m_file with name of some script that showed up in the dir listing. Do that and copy all the stuff in the command window and paste it back here in your response so we have some chance at debugging your system. Hi, Here is the copy of the command window: EDU>> ver ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.10.0.499 (R2010a) MATLAB License Number: STUDENT Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_12-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.10 (R201...

Can't save files with Matlab in crontab
Hello, I'm having a problem with matlab and crontab. This is the first time I use crontab and I've been able to make it run matlab, but I can't make it save the files that the m script generates. I've also done this using the comand line and it works fine and the files are generated well, but in crontab it doesn't.... Any idea? Thanks, Laura "lsa79" wrote in message <jq34hi$jbm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello, I'm having a problem with matlab and crontab. This is the first time I use crontab and I've been able to make it run matlab, but I can't make it save the files that the m script generates. > I've also done this using the comand line and it works fine and the files are generated well, but in crontab it doesn't.... Any idea? > Thanks, > Laura I forgot to show how I'm calling it. I use the following line in my bash script: /usr/local/bin/matlab -nosplash -nodisplay -nojvm -r "run myscript.m; quit" I have tried different cmbinations and nothing seems to work, I really don't understand... ...

can I create a picture file from a graph or chart image?
Hi! I have an assignment at school to make an oscilloscope in Lab View 8.2 and I thought it would be cool if the user could create picture files at certain moments of time with the plot shown, smth like archives.Is there a way the image can be exported and how can I control the type and name of those files?Thanks! The graphs/charts have a "Get Image" method that returns the image data. You can feed this to one of the VI that save the data to a BMP or PNG file. To get that method, right-click on the graph and select "Create -&gt; Invoke Node -&gt; Get Image" Example_VI_BD3.png: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/316902/1/Example_VI_BD3.png You may want to make these pictures printer friendly (white background, dark reticle).&nbsp; It is fairly straightforward to do this.&nbsp; In the event which handles creating the picture (you are using the event structure, aren't you?), do the following: - Using a property node of the graph, get the current colors for the plot area and X and Y scale grid colors (yes, we buried them pretty deep :smileysad:&nbsp;- look on the properties page to get names for things you want to change).&nbsp; Also fetch the plot colors (colors of the traces). - Using another property node, change the plot area and grid colors to something more printer friendly (white and a light gray are good).&nbsp; You may also want to change the plot colors to something darker so they print well. - Grab the im...

Can CCD camera output more than just intensity information of image?
Dear all, I am curious about how CCD works to pick up images... more specifically, I wonder CCD camera can output more than just pixel intensity information of an image? For example, I want to know the "variation" property of a block of an image, for example, a 8x8 block... roughly classified into "smooth" block and "non-smooth" block, two classes... I want to know if CCD can judge this very roughly and output some currents to indicate this? Anagolous to human eyes, human eyes can tell which part of the image is "highly non-smooth" at one glance... can CCD do that? Thanks a lot, -Walalla "walala" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bq9c7q$5id$1@mozo.cc.purdue.edu... > I want to know if CCD can judge this very roughly and output some currents > to indicate this? Anagolous to human eyes, human eyes can tell which part of > the image is "highly non-smooth" at one glance... can CCD do that? I don't know of any CCD camera that does on board image processing as you describe, but if there is one I'd expect it to be expensive. There's all sorts of IP software that does what you want to a greater or lesser extent, including mine. regards, Stewart DIBBS ======================================== Developer of the FreePiXCL 4.48 PiXCL 5 and geoPiXCL 5 Image Processing Languages for Windows 2000/XP www.vysor.com Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA ======================================== walala w...

Can I remove unwanted lv and fs in /image.data before running mksysb?
Hello All, In the rootvg of our system, another admin guy create two logical volumes that I don't want to have it in the boot-tape. Can I remove them from /image.data (all their associated lv_data and fs_data stanzas) before running mksysb? Furthermore, I cannot un-mount the file systems that are associated with these two lv in rootvg? Or is/are there any better way to create a booted tape w/o unwanted lv/fs? Thanks for all your help, Bob. Hi, you may have a look to /etc/exclude.rootvg. In this file you can specify filesystems to be excluded from mksysb with regular expression format. For example, if you want not to backup /dummy_filesystem, you have to insert a line in this file like this : ^./dummy_filesystem Beware if you have a FS called /abc and another one called /abc123, if you put the line ^./abc in this file, both of them won't be backuped up, as AIX use those entries as regular expressions. Regards Piotr "Bob Bale" <balebob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6385ed14.0409010903.61c1358d@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > > In the rootvg of our system, another admin guy create two logical > volumes that I don't want to have it in the boot-tape. Can I remove > them from /image.data (all their associated lv_data and fs_data > stanzas) before running mksysb? Furthermore, I cannot un-mount the > file systems that are associated with these two lv in rootvg? > > Or is/are there any better way to create ...

Image filing system for .ADF files.
Am I re-inventing the wheel when suggesting, that some time in the future once UMoria was complete, to create an image filing system that can mount ADF disc images as if they were real hardware. I have ADF Imager, this is good for taking sector copies off floppy discs and presenting them to a PC for emulation purposes. To extract files from an ADF, I need a floppy disc to write the ADF file to, before copying the files I want from the FDD to the HDD. There MUST be a smarter way than this, the obvious thing to do would be to write a image filing system as mentioned above, unless someone hasn't already done so. The sort of thing I'm thinking of would do exactly what ADF Imager does now, but add the facility to mount these ADF files as PC based emulators do (at least read only) on RISC OS hardware, thus eliminating the writeback stage. This would make the sort of development I do easier to do on my laptop PC away from home. (At home, I just use real hardware.) I'd just take an ADF of the transfer floppy I use to move project files to and from the club and mount it on the emulator. Then just copy the file back to the A7000+ before mounting it and reading the changed files back to the HDD. If, as I suspect, the data in the ADF file is just a low level dump of what's on an ADFS disc, surely it's just a matter of convincing ADFS to mount a file rather than a physical device, for read only at any rate. Writing might be a different story depending on how much ex...

how can I view Wavelet Video Images ( .rdb and .60d files) On my PC (made from a security VideoCam)
I have a CD with .rdb and .60d files recorded from a Security VideoCam, and I need to convert these file to a regular video format, or, have a software on my PC that can play these Video files. Please Help. You can e-mail me at zvi4u@yahoo.com Sincerely, Zvi ...

Can I specify log file in config file ?
Greetings - I have read through the man page, the web support site, and have been following the mailing list for months, but I have not seen an answer to this question so I thought I would try here. Please forgive me if it has been answered elsewhere, then point me to where I can find it, since it seems like such a simple question. I have a lot of ntp messages cluttering up my general syslog file (var/log/messages) and I would like to have the ntp messages go to a specific ntp log files such as var/log/ntpmsg. I was hoping to be able to define the log file for ntp in my configuration file, but I do not see any information detailing how I would do that. I did notice that I can specify a log file as an argument when starting ntp from the command line, but I do not want to have to remember that each time I have to start/restart ntp. So the important question is: how can I specify in the configuration file a unique log file to send all my ntp log messages to? Thanks for any help. Jeff Boyce www.meridianenv.com _______________________________________________ questions mailing list questions@lists.ntp.isc.org https://lists.ntp.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/questions jboyce@meridianenv.com (Jeff Boyce) wrote: > like such a simple question. I have a lot of ntp messages cluttering up my > general syslog file (var/log/messages) and I would like to have the ntp > messages go to a specific ntp log files such as var/log/ntpmsg. I was > hoping to be abl...

Spool file to windows directory and imaging file....
I would like to send a spooled file to a windows folder and then to an imaging file. Any suggestions on how to do this? Is it possible to send a spooled file to an imaging device as a virtual printer?. I am looking for the simplest method without purchasing a new piece of software. Thanks for your input. John Hi John, Not exactly sure what you want. What do you mean by 'imaging file'? If you want to print to PDF you can set up a PDF printer, e.g. with PDF995, which is inexpensive or even free if you don't mind the sponsor popup (which you can suppres in your browser), and have a Client Access 5250 emulated printer print to it. I guess if you have an imaging device that will behave like a printer, you should be able to set that up as well, but there might be a problem in picking the Host Transform personality... Regards, Ren� -- <nazard99@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:1102880115.839311.57090@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I would like to send a spooled file to a windows folder and then to an > imaging file. Any suggestions on how to do this? Is it possible to > send a spooled file to an imaging device as a virtual printer?. I am > looking for the simplest method without purchasing a new piece of > software. Thanks for your input. > John > Rene, I would like to get it to a pdf or imaging device. I don't want to go through the copy spool file etc..on the 400. Is there a way to automate this with copying it t...

What happens to file identifier when the file it points to is removed
Hi, I was hoping someone can help me understand what happens when you open a file for writing, remove the file and continue to use the file identifier. In the example below I would expect fprintf to rise an error as the file doesn't exist. % Opens new file fid = fopen('foo.txt','w'); % Remove new file ! rm foo.txt % Write to removed file fprintf(fid,'Where does this text go?'); I'm trying to work out the best way to log a processes. If the process log gets to big, I would to be about to discard the existing content without interrupting the process. What would be the best way to archive this? Thanks Matt I don't know how long logging goes on in the open file. Does it log hundreds of megabytes and you want to purge it near the end of that? Why can't you just check the size before you start logging and delete it if it seems too big? Or if you've logged too much stuff in your current run, just close it and either delete the file or start up a new file with a different name, and then start logging again. I suppose you could just try your code and see what happens. If a process thinks another process has a file open, it may refuse to delete it or open it or move it. On 4/2/2012 7:37 PM, Matthew wrote: > Hi, > > I was hoping someone can help me understand what happens when you open a > file for writing, remove the file and continue to use the file > identifier. In the example below I would expec...

can i create .exe file of my .php file
is there any way using which i can create .exe file of my php files. actually i am putting my php files on a web server and i don't want my files to be copied and modified by someone else/even not by administrator of web server. if i am putting php files then administrator has right to copy file and he may modify it as per his requirements.. if i put exe file then he can't modify file. if there is any other alternative to solve this problem then let me know. In a binary format similar to .exe, yes. Zend makes an encoder to go along with their long list of PHP products: http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-encoder.php > is there any way using which i can create .exe file of my php files. vishal wrote: > is there any way using which i can create .exe file of my php files. > > actually i am putting my php files on a web server and i don't want my > files to be copied and modified by someone else/even not by > administrator of web server. > > if i am putting php files then administrator has right to copy file and > he may modify it as per his requirements.. > > if i put exe file then he can't modify file. > > if there is any other alternative to solve this problem then let me > know. > http://www.priadoblender.com vishal wrote: > is there any way using which i can create .exe file of my php files. > > actually i am putting my php files on a web server and i don't want my > files to ...

FTP PDF File
Hi We are having problems with our QNTC connection, therefore I have to use FTP to save PDF reports into our network drive(Sharepoint connection on one of our Network servers) I have a list of multiple PDF reports that we save daily, all of them FTP OK and could be open in the destination drive except one PDF File. This file could be open from our AS400 drive without any problems, but when we try to open the same file on the network we get the following msg: =93Adobe Reader could not open =91ABCINVOICE_289825_0020.pdf=92 because it is either not supported file type or because the file has been damaged(for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn=92t correctly decoded).=94 All of the PDF files were converted from Spool Files using Brand Stone SPL2STMF command. File in Error is an *AFPDS Here is the source for the FTP: ABC\USER PWD namefmt 1 CD Reports MkDir PRT319 CD PRT319 MkDir 2010.10.03 CD 2010.10.03 Put /PDFTemp/PRT319/2010.10.03/ABCINVOICE_289828_0020.pdf Quit Can someone help me??? I have no Idea why it does not work. Same PDF file opens on AS400 without any problems. Thank you in advance. Gary On Oct 4, 2:44=A0pm, Gary Segal <segalg...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > We are having problems with our QNTC connection, therefore I have to > use FTP to save PDF reports into our network drive(Sharepoint > connection on one of our Network servers) > > I have a list of multiple PDF reports that we save daily, all of them > FTP OK and could ...

Image Processing: How to remove shades/reflection/shadow on an image
Hi all, I have a question to ask. I am doing a project to detect signboard in an image. After detecting the signboard, I need to perform image enhancement techniques on the image. The reason for that is after detecting the signboard, it has some shadows of other images on the signboard. For example, the signboard is partially covered by something which has some shades on it. Another exmaple is the signboard has the shadow of tree leaves on it. so, how can I actually remove all this things from the signboard image? I am stuck with this problem and do not know how to proceed on wit this. Here are the sample images picture: http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7826/reflectionshadowimages.png Thanks, melvin ...

Web resources about - How can I remove DICOM file information from image? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Tiahleigh Palmer murder: Police launch fresh appeal for information
The detective in charge of the hunt for Tiahleigh Palmer's murderers has launched a fresh appeal for information in the wake of the search of ...

Hair testing positive results: AFL pleads for patience, won't release more information
The AFL has rejected Jeff Kennett's call for all illicit drugs results from the summer hair testing of players to be released, declaring the ...

Hair testing positive results: AFL pleads for patience, won't release more information
The AFL has rejected Jeff Kennett's call for all illicit drugs results from the summer hair testing of players to be released, declaring the ...

Apple Has Problems with Its Cloud Infrastructure, Says The Information
... reports last week Apple ( AAPL ) has started using Alphabet ’s ( GOOGL ) Google division for some cloud computing infrastructure, The Information ...

Swedish startup Truecaller fixed a flaw in its app that left 100 million users' information vulnerable ...
... in its app after Chinese company Cheetah Mobile discovered a flaw that left over 100 million users vulnerable to having their personal information ...

Valeant focus of Ackman information request
U.S. legislators have asked William Ackman's hedge fund for information on Valeant, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Networks Ignore LAT, WashPost Stories Providing New Information on Hillary’s E-Mail Scandal
Networks Ignore LAT, WashPost Stories Providing New Information on Hillary’s E-Mail Scandal

IDG Contributor Network: Taking the pulse of your information security culture
Anyone who has been a manager in a company of a reasonable size understands the concept of corporate culture. Investopedia refers to corporate ...