How Convert TXT data format to MAT data format

I have a EEG's data in txt format..
but now, i want to convert it to mat data format
can i do that?

this is because of Matlab can read more faster if the data i convert to MAT data format
5
Putrisia
8/5/2010 3:26:04 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 209998 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Putrisia Hendra wrote:
> I have a EEG's data in txt format..
> but now, i want to convert it to mat data format
> can i do that?
>
> this is because of Matlab can read more faster if the data i convert to
> MAT data format

Although it would be theoretically possible to do the conversion outside
of matlab, the amount of time it would take to write and debug the
appropriate program would be completely unproductive. Just enter matlab
and load the file; if you will need to load it again another time then
it might be worth saving the contents as a MAT file.
0
Walter
8/5/2010 4:29:23 AM
On Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:26:04 AM UTC+3, Putrisia Hendra  wrote:
> I have a EEG's data in txt format..
> but now, i want to convert it to mat data format
> can i do that?
>
> this is because of Matlab can read more faster if the data i convert to MAT data format

hello Putrisia.

Im having the same problem.but im not convert the eeg text file to mat file.

how did you convert this?

I hope,you help me.Thank you so much.
0
gorkemsvs (4)
12/26/2012 1:19:48 AM
I am trying to save .mat format.
But matlab have an error.
"Error using load
Unable to read MAT-file myeegdata.mat: not a binary
MAT-file.
Try LOAD -ASCII to read as text."

can u help me?
thank you.
0
gorkemsvs (4)
12/26/2012 1:29:33 AM
On 12/25/2012 7:29 PM, gorkemsvs@gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to save .mat format.
> But matlab have an error.
> "Error using load
> Unable to read MAT-file myeegdata.mat: not a binary
> MAT-file.
> Try LOAD -ASCII to read as text."

Well, clearly it isn't a recognizable .mat file.

Did you try Matlab's suggestion?

Was the file written from Matlab or is it just a stream file or some
other format from some other source?

none1568 (7453)
12/26/2012 1:47:15 AM
> Well, clearly it isn't a recognizable .mat file.
>

> Did you try Matlab's suggestion?
>

> Was the file written from Matlab or is it just a stream file or some
>
> other format from some other source?

My file is a text file.I opened the text file with matlab an i saved the file .mat format.But then i didn't open the .mat file in matlab.
My file contains numeric data.I guess I was an error saving the file.

sorry for my english thank you
0
gorkemsvs (4)
12/26/2012 5:22:08 AM
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:22:08 PM UTC+13, gork...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Well, clearly it isn't a recognizable .mat file.
>

> > Did you try Matlab's suggestion?
>

> > Was the file written from Matlab or is it just a stream file or some
>

> > other format from some other source?
>

> My file is a text file.I opened the text file with matlab an i saved the file .mat format.But then i didn't open the .mat file in matlab.
>
> My file contains numeric data.I guess I was an error saving the file.
>

> sorry for my english thank you

What do you mean when you say "I opened the text file..."?
Do you mean:
fid=fopen('myfile.txt','rt'):
If so, what did you do then?

Before you can save the data to a .mat file, you must read them into Matlab using something like textscan.
Then you can write them off to a .mat file using save.
0
mulgor (3006)
12/26/2012 8:00:25 PM
Thanks for helping.

 fid =3D fopen('mydata.txt');
            C =3D textscan(fid, '%s%s%f32%d8%u%f%f%s%f');
            fclose(fid);

the code ,that you gave me which was wroten at the top of this sentence,is =
only used for matrixes which columns and lines are specific. but I have a l=
ot of matrixes which have different numbers of columns and lines in my text=
scan. So I need a code which can sense all different types of matrixes auto=
matic.

Thank you for all helping.

0
gorkemsvs (4)
12/26/2012 10:20:43 PM
On 12/26/2012 4:20 PM, gorkemsvs@gmail.com wrote:

>              C = textscan(fid, '%s%s%f32%d8%u%f%f%s%f');

> the code ,that you gave me which was wroten [written] ...
> ... I have a lot of matrixes which have different numbers of
> columns and lines in my textscan. So I need a code which can sense all
> different types of matrixes automatic.

No can do if it's arbitrary unless you have additional
information--either a header record in the file that identifies the file
structure that can then be used or read a line and identify fields on a
field-by-field basis before reading the rest of the file.

There's no magic elixir, sorry...

none1568 (7453)
12/26/2012 10:53:15 PM
yes you can..

try this

s=fopen('file_nam.tax','r');
val=fscanf(s,'%f');
fclose(s);
save('mat_file_nam.mat','val');
0
2011eec11

Data Entry Online, Data Format, Data Conversion and Data Entry Services through Data Entry Outsourcing
Now a day IT companies may needs to process rapidly growing amount of information. So it's becoming trends to outsource data entry work to reliable professional experts who gives excellent output with cost effective and time bound. Data Entry is the procedure of handling and processing over data. There are different forms of data entry like data entry for survey forms, legal services, entry for medical claim forms. Data for keeping track for credit and debit card transactions. Data entry can be differentiate in two forms online form data entry and offline data entry. Data Entry Online is mostly preferred by IT based organization or company. There are several reasons behind that. Most important reasons is its reliable and cost effective using online data entry services so company can focus on their core processes and remove management headaches. Data entry online services include entering data into websites, e-books, entering image in different format, Data processing and submitting forms, creating database for indexing and mailing for data entered. It also used in insurance claim entry. Procedure of processing of the forms and insurances claims are kept track of data entry services. Scanned image are required for file access and credit and debit card entry. Moreover, Large Company have large volume of data and storing them is very difficult. Managing these data is multiple formats are headaches. Data Entry Outsourcing covers entire scale of data entry services which is...

[...]

Advantages of Data Conversion, Data Formats and Data Entry Services by Data Entry India
Now a day's paper has become outdated and organizations are using online services to avoid paper work. For any organization, its biggest and most important asset is its data and more important is perfect accessibility of that data when it is needed. Sometimes it becomes really very difficult to manage such a large amount of data, especially for firms with large amounts of information, multiple formats, and complex system requirements. In order to avoid such situations of mismanagement conversion services are like bliss. Conversion services allow these organizations to systematize their data by putting it into one format which can be used across many different platforms. However, with the coming of conversion service, the task of converting data in a desired form has become much easier. In fact, these days, most of the business and work is conducted over the Internet and maintaining data and records in a hard copy has just become a formality thanks to the conversion service. This is how we acquire any information on internet through this service at a click of a mouse. It helps in a simple search on one of the popular engines and the results will be available at a moment's notice. The same efficiency expectancy holds true for any information regarding conversion service that offers the conversion values for various measurements such as area, length, mass, temperature, speed and volume. Moreover, by using modern technology and highly skills professional staff, your uns...

Re: convert data format for longitudinal data analysis with
Here's a DOW solution with temporary arrays that should do it in one pass. data have; input ID disease$ months; cards; 100 No . 101 Yes 3 101 Yes 5 103 No . 104 No . 105 Yes 1 105 Yes 3 105 Yes 6 ;run; data want(drop=_:); array temp_month {6} _temporary_; do _i_ = 1 by 1 until (last.id); set have; by id; if disease =: "Y" then temp_month[months] = months; end; do _n_=1 to 6; disease = ifc(missing(temp_month[_n_]),"No","Yes"); months = _n_; temp_month[_n_] = .z; output; end; run; proc print;run; 2009/1/16 Newstat <chunyuanfei@gmail.com>: > We follow up the children from birth until 6 months, and the outcome > of interest is respiratory diseases. Now my data set looks like as > follows (simple version). > > ID disease age (months) (at which the disease occured) > 100 No . > 101 Yes 3 > 101 Yes 5 > 103 No . > 104 No . > 105 Yes 1 > 105 Yes 3 > 105 Yes 6 > ..... > ..... > ..... > ... > > I want to create a new data set, with each row corresponding to one > observation-month fo...

Re: convert data format for longitudinal data analysis with #3
All of the information can be obtained from age. There is really no need for the variable DISEASE. This method uses PROC SUMMARY to EXPAND the data into 6 ages, the observation counter variable _FREQ_ will contain a boolean for the former variable disease. You can attach a value format is you like (value YN 1='Yes' 2='No';) data test; input (ID disease)(:$3.) age; cards; 100 No . 101 Yes 3 101 Yes 5 103 No . 104 No . 105 Yes 1 105 Yes 3 105 Yes 6 ;;;; run; data age; if 0 then set age; do age = 1 to 6; output; end; stop; run; proc summary data=test nway classdata=age; by id; class age; output out=expanded(drop=_type_ rename=(_freq_=disease)); run; proc print; run; On 1/16/09, Newstat <chunyuanfei@gmail.com> wrote: > We follow up the children from birth until 6 months, and the outcome > of interest is respiratory diseases. Now my data set looks like as > follows (simple version). > > ID disease age (months) (at which the disease occured) > 100 No . > 101 Yes 3 > 101 Yes 5 > 103 No . > 104 No . > 105 Yes 1 > 105 Yes 3 > 105 Yes 6 > ..... > ..... > ..... > ... > > I want to create a new data set, with each row corresponding to one > observation-month for one child....

Re: convert data format for longitudinal data analysis with #2
Sorry, just noticed we can do this with fewer variables data want; array temp_month {6} _temporary_; do until (last.id); set have; by id; if disease =: "Y" then temp_month[months] = months; end; do months = 1 to 6; disease = ifc(missing(temp_month[months]),"No","Yes"); temp_month[months] = .z; output; end; run; proc print;run; 2009/1/16 karma <dorjetarap@googlemail.com>: > Here's a DOW solution with temporary arrays that should do it in one pass. > > data have; > input ID disease$ months; > cards; > 100 No . > 101 Yes 3 > 101 Yes 5 > 103 No . > 104 No . > 105 Yes 1 > 105 Yes 3 > 105 Yes 6 > ;run; > > data want(drop=_:); > array temp_month {6} _temporary_; > do _i_ = 1 by 1 until (last.id); > set have; > by id; > if disease =: "Y" then temp_month[months] = months; > end; > do _n_=1 to 6; > disease = ifc(missing(temp_month[_n_]),"No","Yes"); > months = _n_; > temp_month[_n_] = .z; > output; > end; > run; > proc print;run; > > 2009/1/16 Newstat <chunyuanfei@gmail.com>: >> We follow up the children from birth until 6 months, and the o...

converting general date format data into short date format
hello, i am doing a date comparation and i have reallize that the data i have in my database (general date format) it is causing me problems, and because i don=B4t need the time data i would like to convert all the general date data into short date format, so i would like to delete the time part of the data, it is any way i can do that ???? Thank you in advance and sorry for my english carlos=20 converting general date format data into short date format to delete the "time" portion of a date/time value, you can use an Update query, as UPDATE TableName SET TableName.DateTimeField = DateValue([TableName].[DateTimeField]); replace TableName and DateTimeField with the correct names of the table and date/time field in the table, of course. i strongly recommend that you back up your database before running the Update query; it pays to be safe with your data. to ensure that all *new* values entered in the field do not include a specific time, make sure you use the Date() function rather than the Now() function anywhere that you set the value of the field in any record. hth "savigliano" <savigliano@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164594905.573574.229670@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... hello, i am doing a date comparation and i have reallize that the data i have in my database (general date format) it is causing me problems, and because i don�t need the time data i would like to convert all the general date data into short date format, so i woul...

convert data format for longitudinal data analysis with discrete responses
We follow up the children from birth until 6 months, and the outcome of interest is respiratory diseases. Now my data set looks like as follows (simple version). ID disease age (months) (at which the disease occured) 100 No . 101 Yes 3 101 Yes 5 103 No . 104 No . 105 Yes 1 105 Yes 3 105 Yes 6 ...... ...... ...... .... I want to create a new data set, with each row corresponding to one observation-month for one child. ID disease age (months) 100 No 1 100 No 2 100 No 3 100 No 4 100 No 5 100 No 6 101 No 1 101 No 2 101 Yes 3 101 No 4 101 Yes 5 101 No 6 103 No 1 103 No 2 103 No 3 103 No 4 103 No 5 103 No 6 104 No 1 104 No 2 104 No 3 104 No 4 104 No 5 104 No 6 105 Yes 1 105 No 2 105 Yes 3 105 No ...

Re: convert data format for longitudinal data analysis with #4
Nice. I knew there was a classdata solution after you posted one a while ago for a similar problem, however the disease variable in this question threw me off using it. Really minor note: if 0 then set age;; should be if 0 then set test; 2009/1/16 ./ ADD NAME=Data _null_, <iebupdte@gmail.com>: > All of the information can be obtained from age. There is really no > need for the variable DISEASE. This method uses PROC SUMMARY to > EXPAND the data into 6 ages, the observation counter variable _FREQ_ > will contain a boolean for the former variable disease. You can > attach a value format is you like (value YN 1='Yes' 2='No';) > > > > > data test; > input (ID disease)(:$3.) age; > cards; > 100 No . > 101 Yes 3 > 101 Yes 5 > 103 No . > 104 No . > 105 Yes 1 > 105 Yes 3 > 105 Yes 6 > ;;;; > run; > data age; > if 0 then set age; > do age = 1 to 6; > output; > end; > stop; > run; > proc summary data=test nway classdata=age; > by id; > class age; > output out=expanded(drop=_type_ rename=(_freq_=disease)); > run; > proc print; > run; > > On 1/16/09, Newstat <chunyuanfei@gmail.com> wrote: >> We follow up the children from birth until 6 months, and the outcome >> of interest is respiratory diseases. Now my data set looks like as >> follows (simple version). >> >> ID di...

Re: convert data format for longitudinal data analysis with #5
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 00:29:22 -0800, Newstat <chunyuanfei@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >We follow up the children from birth until 6 months, and the outcome >of interest is respiratory diseases. Now my data set looks like as >follows (simple version). > >ID disease age (months) (at which the disease occured) >100 No . >101 Yes 3 >101 Yes 5 >103 No . >104 No . >105 Yes 1 >105 Yes 3 >105 Yes 6 >..... >..... >..... >... > >I want to create a new data set, with each row corresponding to one >observation-month for one child. >ID disease age (months) >100 No 1 >100 No 2 >100 No 3 >100 No 4 >100 No 5 >100 No 6 > >101 No 1 >101 No 2 >101 Yes 3 >101 No 4 >101 Yes 5 >101 No 6 > >103 No 1 >103 No 2 >103 No 3 >103 No 4 >103 No 5 >103 No 6 > >104 No 1 >104 N...

Data, data, data,
I have been tasked to dump around 400GB of data in physical files into a flat files and the transfer them from an iSeries 810 V5r3 to a windows server. I was going to CPYTOIMPF to a stram file and then copy over to the Windows server from the IFS. Anyone have a better idea or any suggestions? Thanks, Thad Rizzi Hi Thad If you have loads of free disk space on your 810 then your method is fine but if not you may consider Simply FTPing or iSeroes Access file transfering the files directly from the iSeries files to Windows Text file. You can get the either FTP or iSeries Access to carry out...

formatting data in cell format
hello, i have an excel file that i'm trying to load into matlab. a simplified version looks like this: dog 7/23/08 3.2 dog 7/22/08 3.2 dog 7/21/08 4.5 cat 7/23/08 3.4 cat 7/22/08 2.2 cat 7/21/08 3.0 when i do xlsread, however, only the last column, the numbers, show up because those are in double format. the dates and animals are cells, and will not show up along with the numbers. my problem is, i'm trying to use matlab to format the data into: date dog cat 7/23/08 3.2 3.4 7/22/08 3.2 3.2 7/21/08 4.5 3.0 would there be ...

Advantages of Data Conversion and Data Formats Services by Data Entry India
Now a day's paper has become outdated and organizations are using online services to avoid paper work. For any organization, its biggest and most important asset is its data and more important is perfect accessibility of that data when it is needed. Sometimes it becomes really very difficult to manage such a large amount of data, especially for firms with large amounts of information, multiple formats, and complex system requirements. In order to avoid such situations of mismanagement conversion services are like bliss. Conversion services allow these organizations to systematize their data by putting it into one format which can be used across many different platforms. Data Conversion Service offers flexibility, responsibility and ability to cater to any new process. If you have a data conversion requirement or want to convert bulk documents than take advantage of conversion services. That enables you to handle large volumes of data. As conversion services cover a multitude of formats it is ideal for corporations, educational institutions, library and business. In conversion quality of work is very essential to get outstanding result. Data conversion service prevents access, downloads or copying of confidential documents or information as it customize software for data capture and workflow. By Converting Data into many different formats like mainframe data, excel worksheets, FoxPro, dbase, paradox, text files etc. Data formats deliver output through FTP, VPN. For priva...

Pls help
Hi, I have a text file that has 544 entry information like this: entry-1: A/L R/K N/M D/F C/P Q/S E/T G/W 4.35 4.38 4.75 4.76 4.65 4.37 4.29 3.97 4.17 4.36 4.52 4.66 4.44 4.50 4.35 4.70 Here, A has 4.35 value, L has 4.17 value, R has 4.38, K has 4.36 an so on. Now, I want to convert this text file into the MAT file(double array or matrix). In this MAT file A,R,N,D,C,Q,E,G,L,K,M,F,P,S,T,W should be the rows and the related values should be the columns. It's easy for one entry but my text file composed of 544 entries like...

matlab data format
Hello, I want to be able to read *.mat files by means of another programming language. Is there any documented format of the data that are output into those files? Thanks. Hi, you will find informations there : <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/pdf_doc/matlab/matfile_format.pdf> J�r�me ...

How to convert data format
Hello SAS-Ls, I have a data set with repeated variables in each row. I need to do the longitudinal analysis. I wonder how I can convert the data to longitudinal format without lossing the covariate data. My original data format is: id var1_1 var1_2 var2_1 var2_1 covar1 covar2 1 22 33 3 5 3 20 var1_1 means the var1 at the 1st time point, var1_2 means var1 at the 2nd timepoint. Same thing as for var2. I need to convert it to below format, and add a new count variable: id count var1 var2 covar1 covar2 1 1 22 3 3 20 1 2 33 5 3 20 Could someone help me about it? Thanks much. Jane __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com ...

How to extract required data from pcap files & store them in .mat (MATLAB) format
Hi all i am new to this group. i have pcap trace files containing netflow data. i want to extract src ip & dst ip address columns from the pcap files & store the extracted data in .mat format. The .mat format is the format which MATLAB reads. the whole idea is to extract src ip & dest ip addreses , then try some compression algorithms to compress these data. For trying compression algorithms, i need to work in MATLAB, that's why the need to extract the required data from pcap files & store them in .mat (MATLAB) format. Hope someone has a solution for this ...

data management- Data format problem
SAS-Ls, =A0 My data file=A0includes some numeric data with comma data format, like 1234= ..5 was formated as 1,234.5. Could someone help on fix the comma problem? = =A0Most data are in right numeric format, only some are with comma format. = How do I correct them to right number format? =A0 Thanks much. =A0 my data: 1,234.5 I want: 1234.5 =A0 Jane =A0=0A=0A=0A On 6 Aug, 16:33, jn_...@yahoo.com (jn mao) wrote: > SAS-Ls, > =A0 > My data file=A0includes some numeric data with comma data format, like 1234= > .5 was formated as 1,234.5. Could someone help on fix the comma problem? = > =A0Most data are in right numeric format, only some are with comma format. = > How do I correct them to right number format? > =A0 > Thanks much. > =A0 > my data: 1,234.5 > I want: 1234.5 > > =A0 > Jane > > =A0=0A=0A=0A It looks like your program is using a comma format (COMMAw.d ). You can search for the line that has the comma format (eg. comma12.4) and replace it with a w.d format (eg. 12.4). You may find this useful: http://support.sas.com/rnd/web/intrnet/htmSQL/formats.html ...

Re: data management- Data format problem
As you are doing probably home work or learning SAS i have here a program to understand. You have concept to understand a variable has a name a length a type and eventually a informat and or a format I have read yout two numbers and make variation upon: a value in memory is quite different as what could appear due to an applied format. HTH Andre * reading the comma and the dot for value; data a; informat value comma7.1; input value value1; cards; 1,234.5 1234.5 ; run; * formatting the second variable which was readed without comma; data b; set a; format value1 commax7.2; run; title 'with your commax format '; proc print data=b; var value1; run; title 'without comma how to avoid the formatting '; proc print data=b; var value1;format value1; run; * clearing of all formats in the data'; data c; set b; format _all_ ; run; proc format; picture salary low-high='00,000,000.00' ; run; * viewing with comma and dot; proc print data=c; var value; format value salary.; run; jn mao a �crit : > SAS-Ls, > > My data file includes some numeric data with comma data format, like 1234.5 was formated as 1,234.5. Could someone help on fix the comma problem? Most data are in right numeric format, only some are with comma format. How do I correct them to right number format? > > Thanks much. > > my data: 1,234.5 > I want: 1234.5 > > > Jane > > > > > > > -- Andr� WIELKI INED (Institut National d'...

Gnuplot inline data and time data format?
Hi. I have a problem. I have data in two columns (UNIX timestamp and float number). I would have = time on X-axis. When data are in a file, then I haven't problem. But when if data are inlin= e, then gnuplot get me an error message: test2.plt", line 11: Need full using spec for x time data" What's wrong? Content of test1.plt (no problem with it): set terminal png size 1600, 600 set output "graf.png" set title "Aktu=C3=A1ln=C3=AD cena" set ylabel "cena [$]" set xlabel "=C4=8Cas" =20 set xdata time set timefmt "%s" set format x "%d%b%Y:%H:%M:%S" set xrange ["1366476024":"1366493178"] plot 'b:/.../cpu.dat' using 1:2 Content of cpu.dat: 1366476024 123.1 1366476052 123.1 1366476080 123.23 1366476122 123.32 1366493178 126.28 Content of test2.plt (result in error message): set terminal png size 1600, 600 set output "graf.png" set title "Aktu=C3=A1ln=C3=AD cena" set ylabel "cena [$]" set xlabel "=C4=8Cas" =20 set xdata time set timefmt "%s" set format x "%d%b%Y:%H:%M:%S" set xrange ["1366476024":"1366493178"] plot "-" 1366476024 123.1 1366476052 123.1 1366476080 123.23 1366476122 123.32 1366493178 126...

Re: How to convert data format
Hi, Jane, It looks like this is what you had in mind: data inset; input id var1_1 var1_2 var2_1 var2_2 covar1 covar2; cards; 1 22 33 3 5 3 20 run; data set1; set inset; var1=3Dvar1_1; var2=3Dvar1_2; count=3D1; keep id count var1 var2 covar1 covar2; run; data set2; set inset; var1=3Dvar2_1; var2=3Dvar2_2; count=3D2; keep id count var1 var2 covar1 covar2; run; data mergeset; set set1 set2; run; proc print data=3Dmergeset; run; -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: jn mao=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 3:12 PM Subject: How to convert data format Hello SAS-Ls, I have a data set with repeated variables in each row. I need to do = the longitudinal analysis. I wonder how I can convert the data to = longitudinal format without lossing the covariate data. My original data format is: id var1_1 var1_2 var2_1 var2_1 covar1 covar2 1 22 33 3 5 3 20 var1_1 means the var1 at the 1st time point, var1_2 means var1 at = the 2nd timepoint. Same thing as for var2. I need to convert it to below format, and add a new count variable: id count var1 var2 covar1 covar2 1 1 22 3 3 20 1 2 33 5 3 20 Could someone help me about it? Thanks much. Jane __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best ...

convert data into SAS format
Hi, all I have some data saved in Oracle database. I want to convert them into SAS format and saved them. Since the data set names have common character, like: abc_d_gghgh abc_d_iiuej abc_d_kkldld Does anyone has some easy way to convert all data set with file name as "abc_d_*"? Right now, I just manually input every file name by myself. Thank you very much! Jane Jane Easiest method to do this is: Assign a libname to your oracle DB Use proc copy with select statement using the 'starts with' structure. Example (untested) Libname fred Oracle use=xxx pass=xxx path=Oracle_SID schema=xxx ; Proc copy in=Fred out=SASLIB ; Select abc_d: ; Run ; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jane Sent: Tuesday, 6 November 2007 3:57 a.m. To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: convert data into SAS format Hi, all I have some data saved in Oracle database. I want to convert them into SAS format and saved them. Since the data set names have common character, like: abc_d_gghgh abc_d_iiuej abc_d_kkldld Does anyone has some easy way to convert all data set with file name as "abc_d_*"? Right now, I just manually input every file name by myself. Thank you very much! Jane ******************** NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY This communication including any information transmitted with it is intended only for the use of the addressees and is confidential. If you are not an intended recipient or responsible ...

Re: data management- Data format problem #3
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:10:35 -0700, karma <dorjetarap@GOOGLEMAIL.COM> wrote: >On 6 Aug, 16:33, jn_...@yahoo.com (jn mao) wrote: >> SAS-Ls, >> =A0 >> My data file=A0includes some numeric data with comma data format, like 1234= >> .5 was formated as 1,234.5. Could someone help on fix the comma problem? = >> =A0Most data are in right numeric format, only some are with comma format. = >> How do I correct them to right number format? >> =A0 >> Thanks much. >> =A0 >> my data: 1,234.5 >> I want: 1234.5 >> >> =A0 >> Jane >> >> =A0=0A=0A=0A > >It looks like your program is using a comma format (COMMAw.d ). You >can search for the line that has the comma format (eg. comma12.4) and >replace it with a w.d format (eg. 12.4). > >You may find this useful: http://support.sas.com/rnd/web/intrnet/htmSQL/formats.html note that this does change nothing in your data! The numeric (internal) representation is all the same, independant of the format. If "look and feel" of you data do not match your needs, you might change it where you want, e.g. in your reporting proc. It is NOT necessary to rewrite the data. If you want to see it e.g. in FSVIEW, use ======> format number "12.1" in the FSVIEW command line. ...

Web resources about - How Convert TXT data format to MAT data format - comp.soft-sys.matlab

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer [Video]
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer for iPhone
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

The Galaxy S7 Edge may have just made me a Samsung convert
Historically, I've had a begrudging respect for Samsung flagships. I can objectively acknowledge the company makes very good, extremely popular ...

This modular robot tank converts into a tracked hoverboard
Filed under: Etc. , Videos , Autonomous , Military , Off-Road The unmanned vehicle is equal parts hoverboard and tank.