How to add an overall title to subplot

Hi,

I was wondering if it were possible to label an entire subplot plot. For example, if I have a plot with 4 subplots, I can put titles individually on each subplot, but how can I add a title (or text) that is on top of all the subplots?

Thanks!

-Steven
0
Steven

Steven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it were possible to label an entire subplot plot. For
> example, if I have a plot with 4 subplots, I can put titles individually
> on each subplot, but how can I add a title (or text) that is on top of
> all the subplots?

Try the following...

 >> h=subplot(3,2,1);
 >> text(.75,1.25,'This is an overall title on subplot')
 >> title('Subplot title')
 >> % salt to suit; also doc gtext

dpb
6/4/2010 4:56:02 PM
dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <hubbbk$3oe$1@news.eternal-september.org>...
> Steven wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if it were possible to label an entire subplot plot. For
> > example, if I have a plot with 4 subplots, I can put titles individually
> > on each subplot, but how can I add a title (or text) that is on top of
> > all the subplots?
>
> Try the following...
>
>  >> h=subplot(3,2,1);
>  >> text(.75,1.25,'This is an overall title on subplot')
>  >> title('Subplot title')
>  >> % salt to suit; also doc gtext
>
> --

% One other possibility is to
% download & try mtit from the MATLAB FEX at:
<<http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/3218-mtit-a-pedestrian-major-title-creator>>

% You can't go wrong with an us program!
0
someone
6/4/2010 6:23:22 PM
Another option:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/7772-suplabel
0
ImageAnalyst

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with the program 'mtit.m' by 'us'. It does the job simply enough. For anyone else who wants to use it, once you have the figure handle, h, containing the subplots, just do:

mtit(h,'This is the title');

which is really easy.
0
Steven
6/4/2010 10:07:19 PM
Here it is (the simplest way):
suptitle('I'm a super title');
(Just type: doc suptitle or search it in MATLAB help)

What it looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/gvSGs.png
0
Peyman

How to add a title to subplot?
I want a title for subplot. Here is my code: figure(1); subplot(2,2,1); plot([1:10]); subplot(2,2,2); plot([1:10]); subplot(2,2,3); plot([1:10]); subplot(2,2,4); plot([1:10]); title('My first subplot'); Any idea how to add a title to subplot? Thanks, Robert Hi, if you need to add a title to each subplot, simply add a "title" function after each "plot". if you need a unique title over all the subplots, search in the File Exchange : <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFileList.do?objectType=search&criter...

How to Add title in a Figure with several subplots?
How to add the title to a Figure with several subplots? for example, figure(1) subplot(2,1,1) plot(x1,y1) title('Subplot 1') subplot(2,1,2) plot(x2,y2) title('Subplot 2') This gives each subplot a title. How to give the plot (as a whole) a title? Jack Hi, search in the File Exchange : <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=7772&objectType=FILE> J�r�me try gtext Jack wrote: > > > How to add the title to a Figure with several subplots? > > for example, > > figure(1) > subplot(2,1,1) > plot(x1,y1) &g...

HELP multiple subplots and overall title
I want to put an overall title above a series of six plots that I made with SUBPLOT(611), SUBPLOT(612)... SUBPLOT(616). When I try to make a handle to the overall figure with GCF or FIGURE, I seem to get only the last subplot I made. I want to put a TITLE at the very top. Is there a way to do this, or do I need to create seven subplots (e.g., SUBPLOT(711) to make room for a nice title)? Thanks! go the the central file exchange and search for "suptitle". it does what you need. ...

adding an overall title to a multiple-subplot figure
Hi, I am plotting multiple spectra on several pages as subplots. Each subplot has an individual title, the channel number. I have tried to provide an overall title for each figure page using "title" and "text", but have been unable to do it. Is there a way to place a title at the top of the figure on each page of multiple subplots? Thanks. d.h.neuhart@larc.nasa.gov wrote: > Hi, > > I am plotting multiple spectra on several pages as subplots. Each > subplot has an individual title, the channel number. I have tried to > provide an overall title for each f...

Is there a Matlab function that gives the overall plot title?
Hello everyone, I am curious if there is a function that will plot the overall or main title of the subplots. For example, subplot(1, 2, 1); plot(1:100, rand(100, 1), 'r'); title('red color'); subplot(1, 2, 2) plot(1:100, 2*rand(100, 1), 'b'); title('blue color'); title('This is the overall title'); %something like this I know there is sublabel toolbox, but does Matlab do this natively? Do I have to download a toolbox for something as simple as an overall title? Thanks! I think almost every other language can has an overall title...

Overall title/labels for interactive subplot- figure
Hello altogether, I'm producing nice figures with several subplots, and want to have an overall title for the figure - and overall x/y- labels. The script "suplabel" does a very fine job in principle, but one is not able to zoom anymore, after using it - I think the reason for this are the new/selected axes, which suplabel uses. And the figure has to be interactive... how can it be done? I tried it with annotation('textbox',...), but the results are far from useable - the positioning of those annotations is a mess, imho. Any hints? Thanks a lot, Hinnerk Am Tue, 29 ...

Writing a Matlab add-on in a Matlab clone?
What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab software in? I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab add-ons. I am aware of Scilab and GNU Octave. The former seems to be more popular. -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy The F#.NET Journal http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?usenet Jon Harrop wrote: > > > > What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab > software > in? > > I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab > add-ons. I > am aware ...

title for one figure, titles for several subplots
Hi I have one figure that has five subplots. I'd like to write titles for each subplots AND one title for this whole figures at the top. I wrote a code as follows, but the 'BIG TITLE' was not appeared. Could you help me how to make 'BIG TITLE' be appeared? figure (1) title('BIG TITLE'); for i=1:5 subplot(1, 5, i) plot(x, y, 'or'); lsline; title('small titles'); end Thanks! "Young Ryu": <SNIP looking for the bit title... a hint: this FEX snippet does what you want http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile .....

How to add any title (not titles of section or subsection in thesis) to contents in LATEX2E?
Hello I know that \tableofcontents command shows the titles of sections or subsections of your thesis in Latex2e. How can I add any title ( not titles of section or subsection in thesis) such as curriculum vitae page's title to contents in LATEX2E. Thanks in advance. gilevgi wrote: > Hello > I know that \tableofcontents command shows the titles of sections or > subsections of your thesis in Latex2e. > How can I add any title ( not titles of section or subsection in > thesis) such as curriculum vitae page's title to contents in LATEX2E. > Thanks in advance. > ...

Matlab title
Is there anyway i Ian change the title on the main matlab window ( where you see MATLAB written ). I normally work with more than one instances of matlab running at a time, so it would be helpful if the title of the window can be changed so that I don'type a command in the wrong window. Thank you Kranthi ...

Add to a subplot
Hi, The subplot help states that invoking subplot(m, n, p) deletes the contents and I have found myself unable to add to a subplot without deleting the contents. How does one do it? (E.g. on a figure that was obtained with the help of an open() command.) Thanks, Aaron Aaron Fude wrote: > The subplot help states that invoking subplot(m, n, p) deletes the > contents and I have found myself unable to add to a subplot without > deleting the contents. How does one do it? >> help subplot If a SUBPLOT specification causes a new axis to overlap an existing axis, the exis...

matlab subplot
I would like to just have one title for my x-axis for four subplots in quadrants - is this possible? Thanks On 10-11-08 03:06 PM, J G wrote: > I would like to just have one title for my x-axis for four subplots in > quadrants - is this possible? Probably the simplest thing to do is to create the subplots, find the position of the upper boundary, and text() a title in to place at an appropriate distance from that upper boundary. Chances are that when the subplots were created, some whitespace was left above the subplots. If you find the above to not be robust enough, then ...

Title in Subplot
In Matlab, how do I create a MAIN title for a figure with four subplots? I know how to create a title for each of the four individual graphs, but don't know how to create a main one to put at the top centre. Thanks in advance. One way would be to use gtext('your title') This will place your text with the help of your mouth at your desired position CK wrote: > In Matlab, how do I create a MAIN title for a figure with four > subplots? I know how to create a title for each of the four > individual graphs, but don't know how to create a main one to put at > the top...

Subplot Titles
Morning all, I'm currently working on some automated subplotting routines and I can't seem to create a title for the overall subplot. The 'title' only works on the particular subplot figure, which is ok, but I'd also like one overall title at the top. Is this possible (other than using the text command)? Regards, Ben Michell Dunlop Motorsport Ben Michell wrote: > Morning all, > > I'm currently working on some automated subplotting routines and I > can't seem to create a title for the overall subplot. The 'title' > only works on the partic...

Web resources about - How to add an overall title to subplot - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Susan Sarandon Calls Donald Trump the ‘Drunk Uncle at Your Wedding’ Who’s ‘Normalized’ Racism
Susan Sarandon “can’t believe for a second that America would make Donald Trump president,” and described him as “your drunk uncle at your wedding” ...

Georgia Education Official Fired Over Racist and Homophobic Facebook Posts – VIDEO
A top Georgia state education official was fired on Tuesday after a series of racist and homophobic Facebook posts were brought to light. 11 ...

Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides mobile apps embrace real-time commenting
One of the key components of the Google Apps productivity suite has been the tech giant’s focus on providing collaboration tools so that people ...

Oscars‪‪/Academy Awards 2016 Controversy: President Barack Obama And Hillary Clinton Weigh In
President Barack Obama speaking on the recent 2016 Oscar/Academy Award nominations and backlash is evidence that the Oscars have has created ...

iPad Air 3 rumored to pack 4GB RAM and a 4K screen
As with any launch from a big company like Apple, there are lots of rumors and speculations about what we can expect from the iPad Air 3. The ...

Arrested Oregon occupation leader tells everyone to go home
Ammon Bundy, the leader of the armed occupation of a Federal wildlife reserve in Oregon, has told the rest of them to leave it following his ...

Kanye West's Insane Rants Directly Linked to LeBron James Playing Good Basketball
Kanye inspired me earlier. I decided to research Lebron's averages following a Yeezy rant. Here are the numbers! pic.twitter.com/j04wQbidSg ...

Zika virus is spreading 'explosively' and may be international health emergency, WHO warns
The World Health Organization (WHO) warned Thursday that the mosquito-borne Zika virus is spreading “explosively” throughout the Americas, and ...

Flint Has No Plans to Replace Its Corroded, Lead-Filled Water Pipes
The corroded lead water pipes ferrying tainted tap water to the city of Flint, MI will stay as is for now, officials said this week. Read more... ...

News: Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
Apple has issued a voluntary recall covering some of its AC wall plug adapters and world travel kits. The recall affects AC wall plug adapters ...