how to call matlab file to another matlab file

Hey friends,
i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i
have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i
want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i
use the result of one file to another....

eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want
to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in
separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m
file.....

waiting for ur valuable suggestion
thanks

My problem with matlab script node is related to calling function in matlab.  I created an m-file function that takes an imput temperature (from DAQ) and defines a material property.  My matlab script node doesn't seem to recognize my function.  I have placed the function in the folder the vi is currently located, but it doesn't read it.  How do I get matlab script node to read the functions I create in matlab? Add the directory to matlab path, or call the .m file with it full name ( D:\..... \myfile.m) Let me clarify,   I have pasted my matlab code into the matlab scrip node.   In this code, I have called a subfunction that I have created.   Example k(n)=k_c(T(n)) where k_c is a subfunction I have created.   How do I get my code in the node to sucessfully read the subfunction k_c?       As indicated, you need to add the directory where the .m file containing the function resides to the list of paths that are read in. This is your startup.m file. The other option is to do a "cd" command prior to calling your function to change to the directory where the .m file containing the function resides. Thanks for reiterating the information.  My matlab script node is working properly.  I had never used the "cd" command in matlab.  I always set the working directory when I open the program, and put all the m files into t...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks.
undefined ...

convert a .mat file (Matlab 6.5) to a .mat file(Matlab 4)
Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 version. I want to convert it my file but i son't know why....I've proved with save as..but i had no chance. What i have to do?Someone can help me? Thank you very much! Bye!! Michael wrote: > Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to > this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from > matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 v...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks. #2
undefined ...

Matlab abort when calling system generator function from a normal matlab file
Hi, I implemented some functions using system generator (simulink) and I need to perform some statistical analysis on these functions which involves multi-colouring test. I wrote a matlab file to call these functions inside of a for loop. But for some reason, after a few runs, Matlab just automatically quit without any warning or error messages. Does anyone know why this is happening? At least any suggestion on whether it's Matlab's problem or system generator's problem? Any help would be appreciated. Joy ...

Compiling Matlab file which contain call to exe file
I have a matlab file which contains a call to an .exe file by: eval(['program.exe']); When I run this from matlab, 'program.exe' works perfectly well. Further when I compile the matlab function, the compiled program do not run smooth when it comes to the call to 'program.exe'. Is there a problem compiling a matlab program wich already has a call to an executable file? I do not have the source code for this 'program.exe'. Do you have a solution to this? That is the error message? Is it during the execution of the mcc command? What version of MATLAB do you have?...

How to call or pass MATLAB file pointer in C Mex file?
Hello all, 1. I am trying to read large binary data files (~1 GB size), process the information and dump the outputs (which are also of incredibly big size) to MATLAB workspace. I wrote a mex file to do the same (so that I have faster program execution speeds). 2. The C mex file that I wrote works very well and can dump all the variables to MATLAB workspace for smaller size files. However for larger binary files, the MATLAB gives OUT OF MEMORY error as the size of the variable space is simply too big. 3. Often I am not interested in all portions of the file and don't need all the variab...

MATLAB files (M-files)
Hello All, Could anyone explain with me why MATLAB files (M-files) execute slower than compiled written in other languages such as C,C++ and Fortran? Give me the significant slow of M-files to be compiled Thank you. ...

MATLAB COMPILER: compiling multiple m files that calls other m files
HI! I'm trying to compile a program writen in one m file which serves as a menu and it calls other m files (GUI's). The problem is that i have several functions (m files) in several directories (wich i�ve included in the first menu), so i want to compile all the m files wich are called by the first and so on. I�ve tryed to compile the menu doing: mcc -m menu.m, but it gives an error when i push a button to open another GUI. Can someone tell me how to compile a GUI wich calls other GUI's? Thanks Rui Deus : > > You need to tell the mcc compiler where these other m-files are...

Matlab v7 data file in Matlab v6.5
Hi there I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5 (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved data file as a corrupt file. Thanks in advance, rehan Rehan Ahmad wrote: > > > Hi there > > I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I > save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5 > (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved > data file as a corrupt file. > > Thanks in advance, > reh...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

Get variable from another m-file and place it in current m-file in Matlab
Hi there, How I have a matlab file that calculates a variable "l".Now i want to call this "l" variable in another matlab file I am working on. How do i do this please? Urgent!! On 11/14/2012 4:39 AM, Francis Etu-Menson wrote: > Hi there, > How I have a matlab file that calculates a variable "l".Now i want to call this "l" variable >in another matlab file I am working on. How do i do this please? Urgent!! > The first function A() will return this variable "L" as its return value. Then you can pass this variable "L" to the second function B() as an argument. Like this L = A() B(L) ...

How to call another .m file within a matlab program
Hello - I have two programs - one main one that is supposed to call another one. How do I call the smaller matlab program within the main one? I get error. Do I have to import it or something? Thanks! On May 4, 3:48=A0pm, samantha <samdomvi...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello - I have two programs - one main one that is supposed to call anothe= r one. How do I call the smaller matlab program within the main one? I get e= rror. Do I have to import it or something? Thanks! -------------------------------------- samantha: No, you just call it. Just put the name of the m file on a lin...

How to call member function of class in another m file in matlab?
How can call class function,and initialize object of class in another file.m , when calling from command window its work but I wanna call function from m file. i have folder:@myClassName. "foozhan " <hani.hasani@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:lrve3a$gu7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > How can call class function,and initialize object of class in another > file.m , when calling from command window its work but I wanna call > function from m file. > > i have folder:@myClassName. If it's a static method, use the class name. If it's an i...

Differences in XML File generated in Matlab vs Outside Matlab
Hi, I have a java class, which generates the XML file. I am using the same class in both Matlab session and in Eclipse. Following is the code I am using to genate the XML file public static void saveDocument(Document doc, File file) throws Exception { DOMSource source = new DOMSource(doc); OutputStream stream = new FileOutputStream(file); StreamResult result = new StreamResult(stream); Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer(); transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.INDENT, "yes"); transformer.setOu...

Convert MatLab-files into Xfig files
Hello, Can you please help me on the following? I know that the .fig format of MatLab and Xfig are different though have the same endings. Nontheless I would like to convert my pictures from MatLab into Xfig pictures to edit them further - if possible. If it isn't possible, then does someone of you know which (well known) program I can use to draw graphs and convert them into xfig? Is it possible for Mathematica? Kind regards Lena Malinowski Hello Lena, you can use gnuplot to draw graphs (http://www.gnuplot.info/) and save them to xfig FIG files. Or you can use the program pstoedit (...

load5
After lots of hunting around with old friends, I was able to locate Windows libraries of Matlab 6.5. In addition, I have put a couple "extras" into the load5 command. As soon as it appears in the file exchange (and i notice it), i will update the file to a .zip file which will contain both Windows and Linux versions of load5. Note that if you use this MEX file with R14 in linux, you will need to copy the libz.so.1.2.2 to either the matlab directory and modify the symbolic links libz.so and libz.so.1, or put it in your path and make sure the LD_LIBRARY_PATH has your directory prece...

Matlab installer didn't generate any matlab executable file
I did the installation exactly as stated in the manual, but can't find any matlab executable file, only a mex in /usr/local/bin As anyone had this issue before? Please contact support@mathworks.com Stuart "David" <dsbatista@fc.ul.pt> wrote in message news:eef43a1.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > I did the installation exactly as stated in the manual, but can't > find any matlab executable file, only a mex in /usr/local/bin > > As anyone had this issue before? ...

problems with code to convert ncs file in matlab under Matlab R14(2004)
Hello to everyone, Ill try to run Nlx2MatCSC ( a code from neuralynx than convert continuous file to matlab variables) in Matlab R14 (2004), and it doesn't work: When I type: >> [Timestamp, ChanNum, SampleFrequency, NumValSamples, Samples] = Nlx2MatCSC(Filename, [1 1 1 1 1], 0, 3, [0 4 9]); ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT Nlx2MatCSC as a function. I heard that this code is running in Matlab 2007a and newer, but...what about this old version? Any help, Cheers ...

How to handle global variables in Matlab script file using Matlab Compiler?
Dear All: I am trying to using Matlab Compiler 4.0 to make our Matlab application to a Stand-Alone application. But I meet one problem, that is in our Matlab program we used a script file to call several functions, so this script file works as a main interface file. And we need declare few global variables to perform some functions. But as you know, the compiler can not work with Matlab script file, but if I put my Matlab script file into a function, it seems the global variables not work any more. Does anyone know how to handle this problems? Thanks so much for your help! Thanks ..............

Can't i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?
Hello, I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it. Should Matlab be installed only in the root? How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab? Thanks, shapper > I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i > choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it. That is true > Should Matlab be installed only in the root? You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a space in the path. > How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab? You ca...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

batch file processing of text files in matlab
Hi, Can somebody guide me if we can do batch processing on text files in matlab..if yes, any guidelines will be appreciated.. Cordially, safee ...

convert matlab file to execution file (.exe)
Hi all... can I convert matlab file to execution file (.exe)?? if yes kindly tell me how? thanks Ibtesam On May 9, 1:20=A0pm, "Ibtesam Saleh" <bossy_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all... > > can I convert matlab file to execution file (.exe)?? > if yes kindly tell me how? > > thanks > Ibtesam ------------------------------------------------------------- Your first step: buy the compiler product: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/compiler/ Give it a shot, and then come back with any implementation questions. "Ib...

Web resources about - how to call matlab file to another matlab file - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Adam Eaton 'uncomfortable' bringing father to camp after LaRoche issue
CBSSports.com Adam Eaton 'uncomfortable' bringing father to camp after LaRoche issue CBSSports.com The Adam LaRoche situation just keeps getting ...

Paris attacks suspect Abdeslam captured in Brussels
Top Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam, Europe's most wanted man, was wounded and captured in a dramatic raid by armed police in the Belgian ...

Minecraft Gets Samsung Gear VR Treatment, New Headset Impresses At Game Developers Conference
More Minecraft fans will find it more difficult to stay away from their games once the title has been fully ported to the Samsung Gear VR, and ...

The Price of Hulk Hogan's Privacy: Here's How Much of the $115 Million He'll Probably Get
E! Online The Price of Hulk Hogan's Privacy: Here's How Much of the $115 Million He'll Probably Get E! Online Today, a jury awarded former ...

"You are all gonna FREAK OUT": Microsoft program managers tease new Windows 10 features
Major new features have been a bit thin on the ground in recent Windows 10 previews - but a couple of Microsoft program managers say that some ...

Smaller Apple iPad Pro Starting At $599, Coming In 32GB And 128GB
While Apple is set to unveil a new iPhone and iPad Pro during this year’s spring event, it has been reported that the new 9.7-inch Apple iPad ...

IL County Attorney on Extraordinary Court Order Mandating 'Late Voting' Next Week in Adams: 'BradCast' ...
I'm joined on today's BradCast by Adams County, IL State's Attorney Jon Barnard to discuss the extraordinary court order [PDF] issued just last ...

Spartans, other upsets mean time to reboot NCAA Tournament
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Nobody wants an NCAA Tournament mulligan more than Michigan State.

EU Braced for Refugee Setbacks as Turkey Deal Meets Skepticism
Bloomberg EU Braced for Refugee Setbacks as Turkey Deal Meets Skepticism Bloomberg A woman sits on the side of a road after being detained ...

Twitter Sticks To 140-Character Limit
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey made an appearance on The Today Show today in order to celebrate the micro-blogging company’s 10th anniversary. While ...