How to clear comand history from command window?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is there a command like clc(for screen of command window) and clear all(for variables) to write in command window so that he clears automatically my command history?

I know in menu edit i can clear but i'm interested if there is a command window (command) to clear my history commands in matlab.

Thank you!
0
Reply mihaispr (1095) 3/27/2009 11:13:01 AM

See related articles to this posting

"Sprinceana " <mihaispr@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gqicbt$dmd$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Is there a command like clc(for screen of command window) and clear all(for variables) to write in command window so that he clears automatically my command history?
>

> I know in menu edit i can clear but i'm interested if there is a command window (command) to clear my history commands in matlab.
>
> Thank you!

com.mathworks.mlservices.MLCommandHistoryServices.removeAll

Yair Altman
http://UndocumentedMatlab.com

0
Reply altmanyDEL (1141) 3/27/2009 11:55:03 AM

"Yair Altman" wrote in message <gqieqn$od4$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Sprinceana " <mihaispr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi,
I guess below command would full fill your requirement.
com.mathworks.mlservices.MLCommandHistoryServices.removeAll

regards,
Harish
0
Reply harishli2020 (2) 2/21/2013 10:48:06 AM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

using DM commands to clear results window when ODS commands put
Below the ==== is a SAS program structure that I use for most programs. I use DM or Display Manager commands to do a lot of things that I, in my everyday work flow, cannot always be trusted to do. Most of the DM commands below are commented for those who don't use them and, after seeing the "magic" decide to try it out. The purpose of this post, however, is to touch on one problem I have with these commands when I am also using ODS statements to create RTF output. In the program below I have commented out the ODS lines. As the program is now, when you run the code...

Re: using DM commands to clear results window when ODS commands
Kevin, I think that the command(s) you are looking for can be found in the thread at: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0310c&L=sas-l&P=35375 HTH, Art --------- On Dec 3, 3:29 pm, Kevin.F.Spr...@DARTMOUTH.EDU ("Kevin F. Spratt") wrote: > Below the ==== is a SAS program structure that I use for most programs. > > I use DM or Display Manager commands to do a lot of things that I, in > my everyday work flow, cannot always be trusted to do. > > Most of the DM commands below are commented for those who don't use > them and, ...

Why does "History and Command Window" dock figures & Help window?
In Matlab 2013a, under the Layout menu, I chose "History and Command Window= ". It docks everything, including figures and the Help window. Very distra= cting and very disruptive. My question is why the menu item is interprette= d in this way, and also how to *really* pull up the history window at will = alongside the command window without messing with any other window. And wi= thout diving into preferences or somesuch. Thanks. ...

clear command window
Simple problem: How can I clear the command window before I start a routine? Best regards Try, >> help home Also, you probably know about this one already, but try, >> help clear daniel ennis wrote: > > > Try, > >>> help home > > Also, you probably know about this one already, but try, > >>> help clear OR >> help clc HOME preserves past commands so you can scroll up, CLC clears the scroll bar. Lex <laux5101@gmx.net> writes: > Simple problem: > > How can I clear the command window before I start a routine? cl...

command window history
How to increase the size of the command window history? Or at all how to remove this limit, so the command window history will be unlimited? Thanks ...

No Command history for R11 in windows
I am using R11 in windows xp and the command history is non-existent. I put a file called history.m in the prefdir directory but this didn't work. Is there no command history in R11? Jeramy Ashlock: <SNIP Is there no command history in R11... not in the r12+ sense; you'll have to use up-/down-arrows (if i remember correctly) us ps: be happy your r11 runs under xp at all! us wrote: > > > Jeramy Ashlock: > <SNIP Is there no command history in R11... > > not in the r12+ sense; you'll have to use up-/down-arrows (if i > remember correctly) > > us...

How to clear history of commands in unix
Hi users, I would like to clear the history of commands I typed in the shell. I did some research and concluded that the history of commands are in the .sh_history file. So I removed the file .sh_history. But still when I type h, i see a history of commands. Could anyone tell me what to do to clear the history of commands. Second question is how can I find out which unix shell I am working on? Thanks astrorail 2004-09-8, 09:10(-07), astrorail: > I would like to clear the history of commands I typed in the shell. I > did some research and concluded that the history of commands are i...

How to make a shortcut to clear all command histories
com.mathworks.ide.cmdline.CommandHistory.deleteAllHistoryForDesktop; this one does not work with matlab 7.0.1 R14 SP1 Just to be clear, the command that you are using to clear the history is undocumented and not guaranteed to work for other releases. But, I did have our support group update the SWAT for this to show how to do this in R14: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-1BM76.html?solution=1-1BM76 We hope to provide an m-interface to allow you to do this in a future release. Out of curiosity, why do you want to clear the history contents? Kristin ----------------...

Re: How to clear history of commands in unix
Hi stephane, my shell is tcsh. i restarted the shell but the h command still shows the history commands. May be I am not deleting the proper history file. I have deleted the .sh_history file. exec "$0" returns with a message -tcsh: Command not found. help, astrorail astrorail <srinee@gmail.com> wrote: > exec "$0" returns with a message > -tcsh: Command not found. grep $LOGNAME /etc/passwd|awk -F: '{ print $7 }' This will tell you how to invoke your shell. > my shell is tcsh. > i restarted the shell but the h command still shows the histor...

The clear command does not work for graphs window
Hi there, I need to clear all the figures in the graph window that I created. But the clear command which ususally works well for the output window failed to do so. Anyone has the idea of that? Thanks! gim Gimmy, Take a look at: http://www.asu.edu/sas/tips/graph/clear_graphs.html HTH, Art -------- Gimmy Tang wrote: > Hi there, > I need to clear all the figures in the graph window that I created. But the > clear command which ususally works well for the output window failed to do > so. Anyone has the idea of that? > Thanks! > gim ...

command history behavior in windows and linux
Does someone know if there is a setting in the python Unix world to make the command history behave as it does in the Windows intepreter? Specifically, I like the fact that the command history remembers which of a sequence of commands is the one that I last issued. For example, suppose that I typed the following lines into the interpreter: import foo for e in foo.container: print e In Unix, I would have to tap up arrow 3 times for each line: up up up gives me "import foo". I press enter. up up up gives me "for...". I press enter. up up up gives me " print...&qu...

"clearing command history" ?
Do you know any command for 'clearing command history' (= menu EDIT, CLEAR COMMAND HISTORY)? Thanks. dota wrote: > Do you know any command for 'clearing command history' (= menu EDIT, > CLEAR COMMAND HISTORY)? Thanks. There's no command to perform a task equivalent to the "Delete Entire History" item on the Command History's context menu. However, note that the command history is stored in a file, history.m, in your MATLAB preferences directory. Removing this file while MATLAB is running won't clear the history (MATLAB should just rewrite it wh...

clear previous line in command window
Hello, is there any way to clear only the previous line in the command window? Thanks, Tobias Waumans ...

clear previous line of Command Window
Hi all, i'm printing a computational percentage in each step pf an iteration. So at each iteration I know the status of the computation. I'm doing this using the disp.m function. Now, the question is: is there a way to clear, at each iteration, the previous line in the command window, so that the new status percentage replaces the old percentage, without printing it each time in a new line? thanks to all Daniel Daniel C.: <SNIP command line eraser... one of the solutions <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=1436&objectType=FILE>...

Shell command history (Windows XP)
Hi I would like to be able to use the up/down arrow keys to scroll through previous history of my shell commands. Is this possible? (Presently the up key just moves the cursor up the page) Best Regards >>>>> pflancer <pflancer@googlemail.com> writes: pflancer> I would like to be able to use the up/down arrow keys to scroll pflancer> through previous history of my shell commands. Is this possible? pflancer> (Presently the up key just moves the cursor up the page) Binding the up and down key to the same command as M-p and M-n might do the trick (...

Make Command History window wrap text?
Is there such an option? ...

How to clear the command history in Red Hat Linux 8
How to clear the command history in Red Hat Linux 8 Pandi K wrote: > How to clear the command history in Red Hat Linux 8 > Wrong question. Red Hat Linux 8 does not store a command history. Most (perhaps all) the shells do. You might read the documentation for the shell you are using. -- .~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User 85642. /V\ PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939. /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org ^^-^^ 06:10:02 up 14 days, 7:22, 3 users, load average: 4.12, 4.20, 4.09 Jean-David Beyer wrote: >...

Prevent command-history pop-up window from showing with up/down arrows
Hi, I recently updated to R2014a. When I press the up arrow to scroll through t= he command history, a window with the command history pops up. Is there a w= ay to set the preference to prevent Matlab from showing that window? I know= I can close it pressing command-W, but I'd prefer it to not show at all. I= did not find a way to deactivate this feature in the General, Command Wind= ow, or Command History preferences. (I'm running Matlab R2014a under Mac OS= X 10.7.5, Java version 1.6.0_45). Thank you in advance, Jomar "Jomar Bueyes" <jomarbueyes@hot...

changing default colors of `current directory' and `command history' windows
Hi, is it possible to not only change the colors of the command window but also those of the `current directory' and `command history' windows? I prefer working with dark barkground colors... I couldn't find anything in the online help nor googling. TIA, Patrick BTW: Not sure if it's relevant -- OS: Linux. -- Linus: I'll throw the ball, see? Then you go bounding after it and bring it back! Snoopy: Maybe we should think about this a little more. Patrick Drechsler wrote: > Hi, > > is it possible to not only change the colors of the c...

if there is a command "clear lot" in IDLWAVE like "Ctrl+Y" in Windows
I am a new user of IDLwave under redhat, I don't know if there is a shortcut command to clear log like "ctrl+Y" in IDLDE under windows, any help will be appreciated. On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:50:45 -0700, xuwd9397 wrote: > I am a new user of IDLwave under redhat, I don't know if there is a > shortcut command to clear log like "ctrl+Y" in IDLDE under windows, any > help will be appreciated. Not an explicit one, but you can delete any portion of the command log just like editing a normal Emacs buffer. C-x h C-w will zap the whole buffer (beware of read-only...

Visual SlickEdit 10: open file from command line without clearing project state history
Hi, Using VS10 on Windows, I am trying to solve a real annoyance that I have when I launch VS to edit a file from the command line. This happens via an association setup for txt files, a VS shortcut I have in my "SendTo" menu, etc. If VS is already running, then the file is opened in a new buffer within my current workspace. This is great and exactly what I expect. However, if VS is not running, then VS will launch with my previous workspace active, but the new file buffer completely replaces and wipes out the workspace's previous state history. Is there anyway t...

US-TX-Austin: Configuration Eng., C/C++,windows,unix,clear case,GUI, command lin (45349257604)
US-TX-Austin: Configuration Eng., C/C++,windows,unix,clear case,GUI, command lin (45349257604) ============================================================================================== Position: Configuration Eng. Reference: ZYD00010 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Design and develop advanced SCM system using Rational ClearCase UCM/Windows. Migrate the current (UCM) project repository to a new repository.Work with IT, the ClearCase server �owners�, to ensure our SCM needs are met. Customize Clea...

US-TX-Austin: Configuration Eng., C/C++,windows,unix,clear case,GUI, command lin (45349214407)
US-TX-Austin: Configuration Eng., C/C++,windows,unix,clear case,GUI, command lin (45349214407) ============================================================================================== Position: Configuration Eng. Reference: ZYD00010 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Design and develop advanced SCM system using Rational ClearCase UCM/Windows. Migrate the current (UCM) project repository to a new repository.Work with IT, the ClearCase server �owners�, to ensure our SCM needs are met. Customize Clea...

US-TX-Austin: Configuration Eng., C/C++,windows,unix,clear case,GUI, command lin (45349632410)
US-TX-Austin: Configuration Eng., C/C++,windows,unix,clear case,GUI, command lin (45349632410) ============================================================================================== Position: Configuration Eng. Reference: ZYD00010 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Design and develop advanced SCM system using Rational ClearCase UCM/Windows. Migrate the current (UCM) project repository to a new repository.Work with IT, the ClearCase server �owners�, to ensure our SCM needs are met. Customize Clea...