how to compile a matlab dll to be called from C# application

hello,

I have two questions:

1. is it possible to create a *.dll from a matlab code using the
"mcc" command. this code does compile and run as a stand-alone matlab
application.

2. where do I find documentation for this process (as mentioned
above)

3. do I need any other matlab components in order to do so, or does
the matlab compiler component is enough (licenses...)

thanks alot,

Ohad.
0
nospam21 (19047)

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help On Nov 28, 10:03 am, "Paeo Campigotto" <campigo...@dit.unitn.it> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. > I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a > machine with matlab installed. > Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler > tool or the matla...

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

problem of call matlab compiled dll in C++
Hi, guys, I got a problem when calling a matlab compiled dll in my C++ problem. the matlab version is 7.2.0 release 2006, compiler is 4.0 I got the following warning message: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// class com/mathworks/jmi/nativematlab not found--unable to register native methods. Failed to set up java output streams Disabling java support cannot load class com/mathworks/jmi/opaqueJavaInterace. Matlab java services cannot be initialized ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// after I hit OK button, my program crashed!!!! I searched th...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++ #2
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help ...

Conversion from MATLAB to C/C++ using MATLAB compiler
I am working on conversion of .m files to c/c++. I am using the MATLAB compiler version 3.0 and MATLAB version 6.5.1. There seem to be a few functions which do not seem to get converted. The error i got while using functions like TRAIN, NETWORK and INIT (all neural-networks related functions used in the general neural network programs, newpnn.m etc) is The MATLAB compiler does not currently support MATLAB object oriented programming and the functions TRAIN , NETWORK and INIT would produce a run-time error. Could anyone please tell me as to how i can circumnavigate this problem or solve this...

matlab calling DLL vs. .exe calling matlab engine
Hello, I'm writing an 3D image recognition which sends commands via RS232 to a Robot which moves to the point in 3D. The problem is the serial interface: sending string commands via serial/fprintf is very slow (I really don't know what matlab makes before sending them) in comparison to e.g. Windows hyperterminal. My question is if it is better to execute a dll out of Matlab-code doing the serial things or viceversus writing a program in c++ which uses the matlab-engine ? What could be the fastest way? What are advantages/disadvantages ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanc...

How do I call a MATLAB Compiler generated shared library from a C# application?
Well, I know how to do it with just one double, but now i am trying to use more vars and arrays of doubles. thanks to <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-X1PFC.html> I knew how to call a function from a matlab generated dll. I am using function [bis, ais, isf, nbiq, qformat] = FLT(f0, f1, beta0, beta1, number_of_txfs, ftype), and the bis, ais, f0, f1, beta0, beta1 and ftype are all arrays of doubles. but when i call the function mlfFLT( 5, ref mxais, ref mxbis, ref mxisf, ref mxnbiq, ref mxqformat, mxf0, mxf1, mxbeta0, mxbeta1, mxnumber_of_txfs, mxftype); all the ref v...

Compiler: communication between C++(matlab) library and the calling application (Qt4 GUI)?
Hi. I'm creating a GUI application in Qt4 that will be calling some matlab functions I've compiled into a shared C++ library. In particular, the Matlab code I'm using is primarily for plotting, so these library calls bring up a Matlab figure window. I want to be able to communicate to the Qt application when I click on the figure (for example); I want a) the Qt app to know that the figure was clicked, and b) be able to figure out the location of the clicked point. Is there any way to create a Matlab callback function, MEX'd or otherwise, that can communicate to a calling applic...

How to call matlab functions directly from C++ /without calling matlab engine
How to call matlab functions directly from C++ without calling matlab engine. as it is described in this tutorial: http://www.codeproject.com/samples/matlab_cpp.asp I have tried to do something similar in Visual Studio 2005 [Matlab 7, r14] #include <mclcppclass.h> .... mwArray A, B, C; A = magic(mwArray(5)); B = transpose(A); .... but it doesn't compile. I got following errors: error C3861: 'magic': identifier not found error C3861: 'transpose': identifier not found etc... I was looking for header files with declarations of this functions in matlab directory...

How do I call a MATLAB Compiler generated DLL from the Borland C++ Builder 6 IDE?
How do I call a MATLAB Compiler generated DLL from the Borland C++ Builder 6 IDE? Thanks! ...

Building Graphics Applications from Matlab Compiler to c/c++
Hi! I have a matlab version 6.0; so i want to build a stand- alone graphics application on C/c++. In this graphical application a connection through a Database-Application is necessary. So the functions <database exec, fetch and logintimeout> in the library: [C:\MATLAB6p1\toolbox\database\database\@database] should be used...... By running the Command: mcc -B sgl guifilename.m, these errors appear on the Matlab workspace: ----------------------- Warning: The MATLAB Compiler does not currently support MATLAB object-oriented programming. References to the method "fetch" will p...

invoking a matlab DLL from a matlab compiled program
Hello: I have developed a compiled version of a matlab program. Now I want to add new functionality but without a new compilation. I have means to modify the callbacks from the old buttons, so I have just have to solve: a) which format/technology to invoke from matlab another compiled (DLL?,COM??) object or alike b) how to pass information from one framework to the other Any hints? Regards Carlos ...

Newbie Question : Can I call MatLab functions from my C/C++ application?
Is there a header file or something that will allow me to utilise MatLab function in my C/C++ application? If so, which header file(s) contain the functions that will allow me to find the inverse and determinate of an C/C++ array, and other 'matrix' operations to be performed on two dimensional arrays? (Left divide would be extremely useful too!) Is there something 'special' that needs to be done for the C/C++ application which is using a two dimensional array to be interpreted as a MatLab matrix, or are they treated the same? Where can I learn more about using MatLab ...

Calling a matlab DLL from C#?
Hello. Need some help with the calling of a matlab compiled DLL (C++ under deploytool). The matlab function takes three strings and return a fourth. I know I have to do something like the pasted code below. I am unsure of the correct usage here, since I couldn't find any examples using strings. Is the return and input correct, or is there some 'int nargin' and REF and OUT keywords? I appreciate any help and hints. -Henrik Gundersen [DllImport("mclmcrrt76.dll")] private static extern bool mclInitializeApplication(string options, Int32 count); [DllImport("mclmcrrt76....

call C# dll from MatLab
All, Can MatLab call a function in a DLL written in C# as easily as calling into a DLL written in C? If so, how? TIA, Bill Bill If I remeber rightly, there are a couple of articles on codeproject.com that cover this. Do a search for Matlab in the C# category and you should find them Ok. Cheers Barry On 4 Jun, 21:03, "Bill Grigg" <wgr...@earthlink.net> wrote: > All, > > Can MatLab call a function in a DLL written in C# as easily as > calling into a DLL written in C? If so, how? > > TIA, > > Bill Barry, Thanks for that fast repsonse. I already have googled it and found codeproject references. Unfortunately, they all had to do with calling MatLab from C#, not C# from MatLab. Any other thoughts? Bill > > > Bill > > If I remeber rightly, there are a couple of articles on > codeproject.com that cover this. Do a search for Matlab in the C# > category and you should find them Ok. > > Cheers > Barry > > On 4 Jun, 21:03, "Bill Grigg" <wgr...@earthlink.net> wrote: >> All, >> >> Can MatLab call a function in a DLL written in C# as easily as >> calling into a DLL written in C? If so, how? >> >> TIA, >> >> Bill > > > Bill Sorry - I could've sworn I saw a project there a while back that covered what you wanted. I'll take a look and see if I can find it. Cheers Barry On 4 Jun, 21:28, "Bill Grigg" <wgr...@ea...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; int MAX_NB_CLUST = 20; double *SF, *km, *new_data; int size, dim, K, nbm, aux_size, count_bis, count_aux; double diam_max, diam, vec1_p, vec2_p, dist_min, dis; int combi[1000000][2]; int dist_aux[1000000][2]; /* Check for proper number of arguments. */ if (nrhs != 5) { mexErrMsgTxt("5 input required."); } else if (nlhs > 1) { mexErrMsgTxt("Too many output arguments"); } // Input parameter (MATLAB) new_data = mxGetPr(prhs[0]); size = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[1]); dim = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[2]); K = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[3]); km = mxGetPr(prhs[4]); // Output parameter (MATLAB) plhs[0] = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,1,mxREAL); SF = mxGetPr(plhs[0]); // Other variables nbm = size/dim; // Number of points printf("Taille: %d\n",nbm); printf("Dimension: %d\n",dim); //#############################...

Converting Matlab code to C using Matlab Compiler
Hello All, Please can I get some guidance on how to Convert a structure from Matlab code to C code using Matlab Compiler. Kind regards Sammy ...

Develop web application with Matlab (calling matlab from PHP)
Hi all, I am doing a course project. Try to make phone upload some data to server through PHP script and make Matlab read this file (.txt or any file), process, and write a result file on server. After that, my phone can download the result. The key part is that can I use PHP to call matlab function? Or any mechanism I can use to call Matlab through server-end script? My server will be the local hosted server on Mac computer. Also, Matlab is installed on my mac too. Thanks you very much. On Oct 7, 11:54=A0am, Lucas Sun <feng...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am doing a co...

Calling matlab compiled shared library in matlab console
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone has tried to call a shared library compiled using matlab compiler 4 within matlab? I did this because it is easier to debug within matlab since all my code is in matlab. I can then provide the library for others to use after I fully debug the library. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Jerry ...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash #2
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; in...

Calling a MATLAB compiled dll from Delphi
Hi All, Am trying to compile a function in MATLAB (to a dll) and then call this function from my Delphi program. When I try to compile my Delphi Application I get an entry point error....im guessing I need some kind of import library and a way to correctly define the mxArray which the function would be returning. Anyone know how to do this or has done it before? Cheers, - Suresh ...

Calling matlab from C/C++
SUBJECT : Using matlab Engine. (Or Calling matlab from C). I have a problem in Calling matlab from C. Did any body used it before. I'm getting problem while Linking at Runtime.(During Build.. not while compiling). It Shows The Following Error Message. Error LNK2001 unresolved External Symbol. Even I couldn't Run the example program given by matlab. I tried engdemo.c and engwindemo.c given in $matlab/extern/examples/eng_mat/ I will truely, apprieciate all your help in this regard. Thanks, Kiran Chintal. hello, which compiler do you use? I tried BloodShed, and it didn't co...

Web resources about - how to compile a matlab dll to be called from C# application - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...