How to control the size of subplot?

Hi, I have a question for the size of plot. How to control the size
of a sublpot? For example, I want to plot three subplots in a figure.
How to control the size(such as height) for each of them?

Jack
-1
xsun1 (29)
6/27/2006 9:42:23 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 18 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Jack wrote:
> Hi, I have a question for the size of plot. How to control the size
> of a sublpot? For example, I want to plot three subplots in a figure.
> How to control the size(such as height) for each of them?

g = subplot(1,3,1) will size a plot so that 3 will fit in the figure
window. g is then an object handle which can be used to
manipulate properties such as height.

The property you are interested in is 'Position', which is a
4-vector [left bottom width height]. So to change the height, you
could do this for instance:

   p = get(g,'position');
   p(4) = p(4)*1.10;  % Add 10 percent to height
   set(g, 'position', p);

The units of the position vector are usually normalized by
default (a fraction of the figure window).

If you know the parameters you want, you could create these
axes directly with a call to AXES instead of going through
SUBPLOT and modifying:

   g = axes('position', p);

                   - Randy

1
poespam-trap (1550)
6/27/2006 10:08:37 PM
There is a second way documented in the help to subplot:

subplot(2,2,[1 2])
subplot(2,2,3)
subplot(2,2,4)

This will create a asymmetric distribution of subplots.

Sebastian
1
hoelz1 (119)

controlling .eps figure size from matlab print -deps
For some reason, when I export from .fig to .eps using print -deps, the resulting .eps figure size is not fixed (i.e., it varies from figure to figure). Is there a simple fix to this (perhaps an option for output size, or maybe I should be fixing resolution)? Thanks in advance. "Jacek" <dmochowski@gmail.com> wrote in message <gupv22$evj$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > For some reason, when I export from .fig to .eps using print -deps, the resulting .eps figure size is not fixed (i.e., it varies from figure to figure). Is there a simple fix to this (perhaps an option...

how to set the figure size and subplot size
My matlab script will generate a figure with left half a listbox using uicontrol and right half three subplots. It looks crowded if I did not adjust the size of the figure. In addition, those subplots are rectangular with high aspect ratio, I want to adjust them to rectangular with aspect ratio close to 1, meaning that x and y look the same. Does anybody know how to set the 1. figure size 2. subplot size 3. aspect ratio using matlab command? Many thanks, Jane Hi Jane, how to set the > 1. figure size set(handleOfFigure,'Position',[x y w h]) see also the property units > 2. subp...

Control of Matlab event loop from C or Matlab
I was wondering if there is a way to control Matlab event loop? Is there a way to make Matlab be able to respond to key presses in Matlab GUI or call from C (via engine) and to either pause or stop its execution. I know that Matlab can execute items on its 'event queue' when pause() or drawnow() etc are called, but that means that I have to explicitly put those in the code. Is there some way that would be more elegant? Second question is about the 'event queue.' How does one add things to the event queue? How can I add a call from, say, C engine such as evalString() to the ev...

Controlling line size and page size procedure output
I often save listing output from SAS PROCs by cutting and pasting from the Output Window to a Word document. (I know this is low-tech, but I just want to save the output in a readable and reasonably compact form with a minimum of effort.) This usually works OK except when I have wide output, which SAS wraps within each page, making the output hard to read. For some reason, SAS seems to ignore the linesize and pagesize options I set. For example, when I specify the following options (designed to fit on a landscape page using SAS Monospace 8-point font) options nocenter nonumber nodate; opti...

Using ExecWB to control font size in a WebBrowser control
Hello, I'm muddling my way through some simple development in vba for access xp. At one point I wanted to set the font size in a web browser control to the smallest available size (zero). I found the relevant kb article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304103 However when I tried the following code (based on the examples in the kb article) it didn't work: Private Sub SetZero_Click() Dim Z As Variant 'Z is the value to hold the zoom level. WebBrowser.ExecWB OLECMDID_ZOOM, OLECMDEXECOPT_DONTPROMPTUSER, Null, Z If Z > 0 Then Z = 0 End If WebBrowser.ExecWB OLECMDID...

Issues with resizing subplots: limits to maximum subplot size?
I'd like to create a 1x4 subplot where figures are spaced evenly. To do this I expected to execute a simple script like the following: clear all x=-1:0.1:1; for n=1:4 h(n)=subplot(1,4,n); plot(x,x.^n) set(h(n),'units','points','position',[100*n 50 50 50]) end which makes the four subplots correctly spaced However, when I, say, double the size of the individual subplot (and double the spacing) by adjusting the corresponding line above to: set(h(n),'units','points','position',[200*n 100 100 100]) only t...

Size of control/logic vs Size of data/storage
Hi, In the Von Neumann model, we see a separation of control/logic from data/storage. I have a query which slightly deviates from the above. I want to know if thought has been applied to arrive at size of control/logic versus size of data/storage. Can readers of this forum point me to the theory on size of control/logic part versus the size of data/storage part ? Basically, I wanted to learn the space complexities of control/logic and data/storage. Relevant to comp.arch is the concept of amount of resources dedicated to functi...

matlab subplot
I would like to just have one title for my x-axis for four subplots in quadrants - is this possible? Thanks On 10-11-08 03:06 PM, J G wrote: > I would like to just have one title for my x-axis for four subplots in > quadrants - is this possible? Probably the simplest thing to do is to create the subplots, find the position of the upper boundary, and text() a title in to place at an appropriate distance from that upper boundary. Chances are that when the subplots were created, some whitespace was left above the subplots. If you find the above to not be robust enough, then ...

subplot sizes?
Hi A fairly simple question today: I have a figure that shows a variable number of subplots, arranged in a square. For example, for n=24 images: for k=1:n subplot(ceil(sqrt(n)),ceil(sqrt(n)),n); imagesc(pics(n).imdata); end This works satisfactorily, but most of the space in the figure is taken up by the large margins between the individual subplots. I know that a solution would be to place the axes for each subplot individually, instead of using the subplot function, but that's pretty ugly. Is there a simple way to tell Matlab to place its subplots closer together? &qu...

Size of controls
After I have made my previous posting "Changing the size of a control" I found out that it is likely to be impossible to change the height of a wxChoice (at least on the Mac). Nevertheless, find it pretty useful. When using mini frames standard sized controls (like buttons, choices, text controls etc.) look pretty bad. Therefore, it would be nice to have controls that somehow fit to the concept of a mini frame. On the Mac the Interface Builder offers three choices for the control's size: regular, small and mini (small is the likely choice for a well sized control ...

Problems resizing, increasing font size, control size etc
Hi there I need to provide a facility whereby my Clarion program (Clarion 5b) maintains it's design size no matter what resolution the user is using (with a minimum of 800x600, the design size). I've got this working perfectly for window size and control size, I've even got the font sizing done ok. What I'm falling over on are the following items; 1. MESSAGE() window size. No matter what I try, the font might get bigger but the window never increases in size to accomodate the actual text (it looks terrible too). Designing my own message window isn't an option, even by ...

subplot size
Hello I am using the following command to create a 3*1 subplot. subplot(3,1,k). This command is in a loop with k change from 1 to 3. The subplot command geneartes a figure which is approximately 10cm*10cm on my screen. What is the command to enlarge this size to, say, 15*15 cm? Try to use set(gcf,'Position',[x0 y0 width hight]) where [x0 y0] is the position of the bottom left corner of the figure, whilst the third and fourth numbers are the width and hight of the figure. HTH. Yi "Leyo Joseph" <leyo.joseph@nsn.com> wrote in message <hlh5bc$nol$1@fred.mathwork...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

Re: Controlling line size and page size procedure output
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, John Faustini wrote: > I often save listing output from SAS PROCs by cutting and pasting from > the Output Window to a Word document. (I know this is low-tech, but I > just want to save the output in a readable and reasonably compact form > with a minimum of effort.) This usually works OK except when I have > wide output, which SAS wraps within each page, making the output hard to > read. For some reason, SAS seems to ignore the linesize and pagesize > options I set. For example, when I specify the following options > (designed to fit on a land...

Web resources about - How to control the size of subplot? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Subplot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In fiction , a subplot is a secondary strand of the plot that is a supporting side story for any story or the main plot. Subplots may connect ...

Origin subplot: Rating the Broncos-Rabbitohs Maroons connection
Origin subplot: Rating the Broncos-Rabbitohs Maroons connection

Here’s Rogue’s X-Men: Days Of Future Past subplot and why it was cut
This article contains many spoilers for X-Men: Days Of Future Past.Despite appearing on many of the film’s promotional images, Anna Paquin’s ...

This hidden subplot of 'Game of Thrones' spells out the real trouble for the Lannisters
Season 5 of "Game of Thrones" premieres on Sunday, April 12 at 9PM ET on HBO. To get you ready for the big event, we put together an economic ...

The German Election: A Surprising Subplot
Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) Bloomberg's David Tweed reports on the mathematics of the German elections and the green's decline in popularity that could ...

Germany vs. Argentina: Subplots
A look at notable storylines as two soccer superpowers clash for the World Cup championship

Emanuel-Rauner ties create campaign subplot
Just a few months before announcing plans to become Chicago's next Democratic mayor, Rahm Emanuel strolled down the gravel path to a Montana ...

Rogue's Deleted Subplot From X-Men: Days Of Future Past Finally Revealed
When shaping a final draft of any movie script, some really good moments and lines are bound to be cut. Occasionally, a scene that lends more ...

Daniels-Williams subplot spices up Game 5
The Troy Daniels-Mo Williams confrontation at the end of Game 4 is one of the intriguing subplots to Game 5 on Wednesday night.

The 9 subplots of 'Love Actually,' ranked and lacerated
Society harbors the delusion that Love Actually should be enjoyed rather than burned in the fireplace along with the Yuletide logs.