How to convert a ".p" file to ".m" file

I got a algorithm package. But the matlab file is in p-file. How can
I convert these file to m-file so that I can read the source code of
the algorithm.
Does anyone can help me
thanks
0
fcen (1)

tinyloop wrote:

> I got a algorithm package. But the matlab file is in p-file. How
> can
> I convert these file to m-file so that I can read the source code
> of
> the algorithm.
> Does anyone can help me
> thanks

Cannot be done and should not be tried / per
0
poi3 (1061)
6/12/2004 7:50:42 PM
tinyloop <fcen@ee.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote:

> I got a algorithm package. But the matlab file is in p-file. How
> can I convert these file to m-file so that I can read the source
> code of the algorithm.

If you had tried http://groups.google.com you would have found
coutless of answers to this question.  This is definitely a FAQ.

Peter

--
If I made a copy of the The Digital Millennium Copyright Act,
would that be a violation of it?

He has developed an algorithm he does not want you to see. He has
worked many hours on it and wants to protect his intellectual
property.

You should respect this. Decompiling would most likely be a criminal
offence anyway. You have to look into the license.

I like the idea of open source but someone also has to have the right
to charge for software. P-code makes this possible and I am happy
about it. Otherwise one would have no incentive to develop new stuff.
Everyone of us has to pay his daily bills.

Benjamin
Thanks for input Benjamin.. I didnt know P file is some means of
hiding the actual source code.

                I guess I better spend time trying to implement my
own algorithm than trying to see the actual Matlab file from a pfile
Ok, the problem is that i have a file thats a p file, and i want to
execute it, but everytime i do that, it gives me an error message
"Input argument plots is undefined"

How do i pass input arguments or declare them if thats the problem.

Please Help

Rahul
Manoj wrote:

> Thanks for input Benjamin.. I didnt know P file is some means of
> hiding the actual source code.
>
> I guess I better spend time trying to implement my
> own algorithm than trying to see the actual Matlab file from a pfile
0
rc421 (1)
7/9/2004 2:35:31 PM
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:35:31 -0400, Rahul wrote:

> Ok, the problem is that i have a file thats a p file, and i want to
> execute it, but everytime i do that, it gives me an error message
> "Input argument plots is undefined"
>
> How do i pass input arguments or declare them if thats the problem.

The same way you would pass them to an m-file.  My guess is that you are
not passing your function enough input arguments.

When people provide a .p file, they typically also give you a .m file of
the same name that contains the help.

Dan

> Please Help
>
> Rahul
> Manoj wrote:
>>

>> Thanks for input Benjamin.. I didnt know P file is some means of
>> hiding the actual source code.
>>
>> I guess I better spend time trying to implement my
>> own algorithm than trying to see the actual Matlab file from a pfile

0
dan4519 (925)