How to define functions with composite arguments ?

Am trying to call a self-defined function from a program running under the parallel computing toolkit. This function has composite arguments. If I define the function call in the usual way, I get the error message, "??? Undefined function or method '<function name>' for input arguments of type 'Composite'."

How to I pass codistributed (composite) arguments to a function? How does such a function have to be defined?

Spent quite some time reading documentation but was unable to find a solution.

Thank you for whatever insights you can offer.
0
Peter
3/18/2011 9:15:20 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207190 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Re: how to retain user defined format after transposing #2
I believe you are mistaken. Try this: data eleven; set sashelp.class; where age=11; format weight 6.1; run; proc transpose data=eleven out=t; var weight; run; You will see that the two transposed variables, COL1 and COL2, do inherit the 6.1 format. Now comment out the VAR statement and rerun the PROC TRANSPOSE. All three numeric variables are transposed, but they do not have the same format. There is no obviously correct format for the new varriables, so they are given the default (BEST12.). Now change "weight" to "_numeric_" in the FORMAT stat...

About typedef -- define the function pointer or define function model?
What's the difference between these two declarations ? 1) typedef void (*pf)(void); 2) typedef void f(void); the first declaration is define a function pointer, what is the second ? define a function model? And can use the second declaration to define a function pointer as follow: typedef void f(void); f *pf; Whether the two declarations of pf1 are both pointer to a function? 1) typedef void (*pf)(void); pf pf1; 2) typedef void f(void); f *pf1; if yes, which is better? and I saw many codes used the second declaration, what is its' advantage or disa...

Can I define my own BlockType ?
Hallo NewsGroup ! Can I define my own BlockType ? I shouldn't like to use the S-Function block. I should like to use my own defined BlockType (such as Gain block) in my modells. My wish is to reduce the entries for the block in the modell description file(*.mdl). Thank and best regards Matthias ...

two defination ?
two class with same name exist in different dynamic linked library: a.so class REGION() { public: .... ~REGION() {} } b.so class REGION() { public: .... ~REGION() {} } this breaks ODR ? my problem is that a.so's ~REGION be linked to b.so's ~REGION defination. moving the defination of ~REGION in a.so to a .cxx, wrongly linked reverse (why not inline ~REGION()?) thanks scl wrote: > two class with same name exist in different dynamic linked library: > > a.so > class REGION() { > public: > ... > ~REGION() {} > } > > b.so > class REGION() { > pub...

Locate function for logical array
I am seeking a function that is like the "index" function for strings, except for a 1-D logical array. Is there an intrinsic function or more elegant coding method to do this, rather than an explicit loop? It "seems" to me that there ought to be a nicer way in fortran. integer i, p logical x(6) x = (/.false.,.false.,.true.,.false.,.true.,.false./) p = 0 do i = 1, 6 if (x(i)) then p = i exit end if end do --Dave Hello, findloc() is the intrinsic. It's part of f08, added in response to a comment m...

Problems defining anonymous in scripts.
I've tried to create a script that will load a variable from a *.mat file and then define some anonymous functions that wrok on that data, as such. load mydata mydata then is a 237 x 2 double according to the Workspace browser. If then in the same file I define the function myfun = @(i) = (mydata(i,1) + 28.59 * mydata(i,2)); so that the mfile looks like load mydata myfun = @(i) = (mydata(i,1) + 28.59 * mydata(i,2)); If I run this script and then try to call myfun(2); I get the error ??? Undefined command/function 'mydata'. If I then define the same anonymous function in t...

US-PA-Horsham: Telecomm Branch Eng., Expert Magix/Definity PBX, 5+yrs exp; 4M (45334257604)
US-PA-Horsham: Telecomm Branch Eng., Expert Magix/Definity PBX, 5+yrs exp; 4M (45334257604) =========================================================================================== Position: Telecomm Branch Eng. Reference: SMC01846 Location: Horsham PA Duration: 4M Skills: Certified Avaya partner. Must be expert with Magix and Definity PBX systems. Must be able to work with phone vendor dispatched to site for break/fix situations. Must be able to plan and complete moves, adds and changes. ...

Finding a function within an arbitrary expression
I am trying to figure out what that pattern is for the following. The difficulty here is that I can think textually, but not in Mathematica patterns. I am looking for a function u[1,0] within a list of expressions. The function might not be defined yet. For example, a list of expressions might be: {3*u[1,0], u[0,0]/10., 1/u[1,0], ...} I want to find all the expressions that have the function u[1,0] in it. There is certainly a way to do this "textually". How would one do this with patterns? Is it possible? Thank you. Am Sonntag, 30. Juni 2013 09:27:11 UTC+2 schrieb ama...

functions and vector
I am working on this assignment i am stuck on this part I have created a function that finds height of the ball where ,hin=initial height rin=rebound coefficient nn= number of bounces function myheight=height(hin,rin,nn); myheight=[hin].*[rin].^[nn]; How do i use my height function to find the vertical distance after n bounce. I am getting vertical distance =6 but that is distance at first bounce with 20,.3,1 not the total distance. function [mydist]=vdist(h,r,n); [mydist1]=height(h,r,n); mydist=sum(mydist1) How can i get a answer in array which will give me height in increments afte...

how to create such a function??
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3B39E.C40EE120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there,=20 I want to create a function and a trigger, but I don't know how... :(=20 I need something that would work when I update the table 'stock' , by inser= t some integer value into 'sold'. Then the integer value in field 'stock' h= as to be decreased by that inserted value. example of my problem: -table 'stock' before updating 'sold' ...

How to define
I have a pair of tables which have foreign key dependencies on each other. Is there any better way to define them than to create both of them then, after both are defined, 'alter add' the constraints? I have basic distrust of separating the table creations from the constraint definitions, probably irrational. "Robert Stearns" <rstearns1241@charter.net> wrote in message news:10bg278fn24lo43@corp.supernews.com... > I have a pair of tables which have foreign key dependencies on each > other. Is there any better way to define them than to create both of...

ANNOUNCE: SCons 0.94 adds command-line argument features, fixes key bugs
SCons is a software construction tool (build tool, or make tool) written in Python. It is based on the design which won the Software Carpentry build tool competition in August 2000. Version 0.94 of SCons has been released and is available for download from the SCons web site: http://www.scons.org/ Or through the download link at the SCons project page at SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scons/ RPM and Debian packages and a Win32 installer are all available, in addition to the traditional .tar.gz and .zip files. WHAT'S NEW IN THIS RELEASE? This rele...

Removing Copy Constructor functionality
Hi, I need to see the output of the program when no copy constructor is used. Since by default, there is an implicit one, how should i perform the override, so as to totally remove the copy constructor functionality. Consider the following code. class Employee { private: char* designation; int experience; public: Employee(char* dsgn, int exp) { experience=exp; designation = new char[strlen(dsgn)]; strcpy(designation, dsgn); ...

null function pointer?
Seems like, to make sure that a pointer doesn't point to an object/function, NULL (or simply 0) is good enough for both kind of pointers, data pointers and function pointers as per 6.3.2.3: 3 An integer constant expression with the value 0, or such an expression cast to type void *, is called a null pointer constant.55) If a null pointer constant is converted to a pointer type, the resulting pointer, called a null pointer, is guaranteed to compare unequal to a pointer to any object or function. 4 Conversion of a null pointer to another pointer type yields a null pointer of that type. Any...

software defined radio
i'am a student of ece studying IV year of b.tech.if anyone can find the matlab code for software defined radio plsssssssssss email it to www.dazzling_dolls77@yahoo.co.in ...

what's the ifc corresponding argument for -bp in absoft f90
Hi there, We are having some problem porting our fortran 90 code from absoft f90 compiler to intel ifc compiler . Both are on the same platform: Intel + Linux To demostrate the problem, let's look at the follwoing code: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! program ifctest real*8::x real::y x=1.0d0 y=1.0 print *,dsin(x),dsin(y) end program !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem is dsin(y) where y is a single precision floating point while the expected argument of dsin is a double precision. Basically this is the code's problem. But we have a way to overcome this pr...

Problems defining a primary key !!
--0-1087829140-1065523112=:93703 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi , i'm doing the planification of the courses in a university. I have definned the following tables: 1- Table DAY representing a day (day_id,year,month ...) 2- Table PERIODE representing an hour of a day (periode_id,starting,ending,periode_number) 3- Table TEACHER representing a teacher (teacher_id,name,phone,address ...) 4- Table ROOM representing a ROOM in the university (room_id,description,name ...) 5- Table COURSE representing a course given by a teacher (course_id,name,...) Now i have to ...

inline function vs function-like macro
Suppose I am using a compiler which is C99 compliant. Function-like macros have the disadvantage if an argument with side- effects is passed. For example, #define SQUARE(x) ( (x) * (x) ) If SQUARE(x++) is called, it results in undefined behaviour. Instead we can use the C99 feature of inline function. Am I correct ? Given this, is there any reason for still preferring function-like macros over inline function feature of C99 ? subramanian100in@yahoo.com, India wrote: > Suppose I am using a compiler which is C99 compliant. > > Function-like macros have t...

Basic question on transfer function
Hallo all, I've calculated a transfer function of my model: Delta_Output(w) f(w) = -------------------------- Input(w); If I'd like to get the transfer function of my model: Output(w) f_total(w) = ------------------- , Input(w) where Output(t) = C + Delta_Output(t), C is a constant, how could I obtain the f_total(w) on the basis of f(w). Thanks in advance for any tips, Jun ...

default schema resolution for user-defined functions?
SQL Server 2005 64-bit 9.00.3042 SP2 When I map a database user to a login, I can specify a default schema for that user. After that, any SQL from that user w/o an explicit schema will be resolved to that default schema. I would like for this to happen in regards to user-defined functions (in this case, a scalar-valued function). However, it looks as if I must always explicitly specify the schema when using the function. In other words: I have a function foo() and a table bar in schema myschema. My default schema is myschema. This works: select blah from bar And this works: select...

Using Greatest function on 2 dates, one can be null
Hello, I have been searching this newsgroup and trying some code for a few hours but so far have been beating my head against a wall it seems. I need to get the greater value of two date fields, one of which might be null. I've tried using greatest(date1, nvl(date2,0)) and select greatest(date1, decode(date2,date2,null,0)) but neither are working since dates and numbers are not the same datatypes. I've been trying to find out how to convert a date to a simple number but cannot find that either. I think that Oracle's starting date is Jan 01, 1970; do I have to do som...

How to define a defining word
In the "Extending the Compiler" chapter of "Starting Forth" (on-line version) it shows how one could define VARIABLE and CONSTANT: : VARIABLE CREATE 0 , ; : CONSTANT CREATE , DOES> @ ; That's fine. Makes sense. But then later, in explaining the code for CONSTANT, it says (in some shaded boxes): compile-time portion CREATE Create a new dictionary entry (example TROMBONES) , Compiles the value for the constant from the stack into the constant's parameter field. run-time portion ...

movavg function
I am trying to run the function 'movavg' with no success. What should i include to be able to run it? which package? Thanks Tim Jones wrote: > I am trying to run the function 'movavg' with no success. > What should i include to be able to run it? which package? > > Thanks Never heard of it. Type: which movavg and tell us what it says. I don't know of any built-in function called "movavg" unless it is from a toolbox or something. I have used the function filter to do a moving average. Try: filter(ones(1,windowSize)/windowSize,1,data) where data i...

Can you use a [XMLHTTPSRequest] callback function in a Bookmarklet?
Can you use a [XMLHTTPSRequest] callback function in a Bookmarklet? Anytime I try to do this, the callback function source code is this only thing that appears in the new window??? chris.schwalm@gmail.com wrote: > Can you use a [XMLHTTPSRequest] callback function in a Bookmarklet? > Anytime I try to do this, the callback function source code is this > only thing that appears in the new window??? A bookmarklet is a javascript: URL and that is supposed to load the result of the script into the browser window. If you don't want or need to display a result finish the bookmark ...

Help executing function
I need to write a function that buys a stock at the max and sells at the minimum points. Assume I use all my money to buy a stock and that I could buy fractions of a stock. This is as far as I could get. I was wondering how I would actually go about buying and selling the stock now. %Lets find the critical points, where we may want to purchase the stock rowloc=[]; locationsize = 1; for i = 1:(i) if y(i) < y(i+1) rowloc(locationsize)=1; else rowloc(locationsize)=0; end locationsize = locationsize+1; end rowloc(locationsize)=0; %Now that we have found where we ...