how to get approximate differential value from pure mesh values

I have function numerical values on a uniform mesh points. But I do
not know the explicit form of this function. Now the approximate
value of first or second order derivative is wanted.

Does there exist a Matlab funtion to do this? Otherwise any
suggestions are welcome.
0
suniuin (8)

suniuin wrote:
> I have function numerical values on a uniform mesh points. But I do
> not know the explicit form of this function. Now the approximate
> value of first or second order derivative is wanted.
>
> Does there exist a Matlab funtion to do this? Otherwise any
> suggestions are welcome.

finite differences
You might fit three neighboors with a second degree polynomial, and
then recover an estimate of the derivative as a multiple of the
highest degree coefficient. It is equivalent to make finite
differences.
The trick hold if you want to do it for two dimensions.
Regards
Carlos
0
clv2clv (96)