How to get inimum value from 16 values available

Dear all,

I've a specific problem. Hope some one will answer me.

I have a color image, say img1, of 512 X 512 size in CIELAB space. For each pixel in img1, I've 16 sample pixels approximated as follows (E1 is another image obtained by some process)
        Lp1(x,y) = img1(x,y,1);
        ap1(x,y) = img1(x,y,2) + E1(x,y);
        bp1(x,y) = img1(x,y,3);

        Lp2(x,y) = img1(x,y,1);
        ap2(x,y) = img1(x,y,2) +  E1(x,y)/sqrt(2);
        bp2(x,y) = img1(x,y,3) +  E1(x,y)/sqrt(2);

        Lp3(x,y) = img1(x,y,1);
        ap3(x,y) = img1(x,y,2);
        bp3(x,y) = img1(x,y,3) + E1(x,y);
        :
        :
        Lp16(x,y) = img1(x,y,1);
        ap16(x,y) = img1(x,y,2) -  E1(x,y)/sqrt(2);
        bp16(x,y) = img1(x,y,3) +  E1(x,y)/sqrt(2);
Let C be a
nother color image in YCbCr space
X1 = C(:,:,2) - ap1;
X2 = C(:,:,2) - ap2;
:
:
X16 = C(:,:,2) - ap16;

Finally I have to find

Y = min(X1,X2, X3... X16).

Can anyone give me some idea to code the above problem. I also would like to know whether there is any logic that complete the 16 samples identifying  with minimum no.of steps ?
Thanks in advance

Awaiting response..

For your LAB images, you have the code already.  What else do you
think you need?

For the minima of your "Xn" YCrCb images, I think you'd do this:

Y = min([X1(:),X2(:), X3(:) ... etc. up to X16(:)]). But that might
make a huge intermediate image, so you might want to take the min
beforehand

min1 = min(X1(:));
etc.
min16 = min(X16(:));
Y = min([min1, min2, min3,  ... etc. up to min16]);
0
imageanalyst (7621)
6/10/2011 12:53:14 PM

"Mee " <meekrishna144@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I've a specific problem. Hope some one will answer me.
> I have a color image, say img1, of 512 X 512 size in CIELAB space. For
> each pixel in img1, I've 16 sample pixels approximated as follows (E1 is
> another image obtained by some process)
>        Lp1(x,y) = img1(x,y,1); ap1(x,y) = img1(x,y,2) + E1(x,y);  bp1(x,y)
> = img1(x,y,3);  Lp2(x,y) = img1(x,y,1); ap2(x,y) = img1(x,y,2) +
> E1(x,y)/sqrt(2); bp2(x,y) = img1(x,y,3) +  E1(x,y)/sqrt(2);

Don't name your variables like this. See the question about creating
variables A1, A2, etc. in the Programming section of the newsgroup FAQ for
alternatives you should use instead.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)

getting offset of the value instead of the value
Hello all, I am very new to assembly programming. I'm trying to make a simple program that has a "graph" feature in it. There is an array declared in the DATA section, with length 26. It will contain the values for drawing the graph. The graph is a 26 green column, the height of each column will be loaded from the array. The problem is: When I load the value from the array, I don't get the value, instead, I get the offset of the value. At least that is what I think, I might be mistaken, and as I said, I'm new to assembly, and very poor in debugging. (BTW, what debugger do you recommend?) // .. BEGIN OF CODE .. // TITLE "PROJ" ..MODEL SMALL ..DATA STAT DW 26 DUP(0) ..CODE MYSTART MACRO MOV AX,0A000H MOV DS,AX CLD MOV AX,12H INT 10H ENDM MYEND MACRO PUSH AX MOV AH,1 INT 21H MOV AX,3 INT 10H POP AX ENDM DCOLUMN MACRO X, H ; This macro needs the position of the column and the height ; It will draw a green column.. I did test it with ; immediate values and it works fine PUSH SI PUSH BX PUSH CX PUSH DX MOV SI, X MOV BX, 440 SUB BX, H MOV DL, 2 MOV CX, H CALL BLOCK MOV AX, H POP DX POP CX POP BX POP SI ENDM DTEXT MACRO X, Y, C, STRING PUSH AX PUSH BX PUSH DX PUSH SI PUSH ES MOV AX, @DATA MOV ES, AX MOV BX, Y MOV SI, X MOV DL, C MOV DI, OFFSET STRING CALL PTEXT POP ES POP SI POP DX POP BX POP AX ENDM ..STARTUP MYSTART ; Fill the array with values 26 to 0 ; Question: Do I have to change DS to @DA...

Re: Value if _page_ value into another value??
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:25:03 -0500, SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I am trying to get my Mtitle and Footer with in the dataset Instead of >getting them as title and Footnotes the reason My boss requested (there is >Other reason ) For that I am doing something like this > >My Problem is trying to get Titles in the Dataset, When I trying something >like this The second title is Over writing the First one. But I need my >Report some thing like this . Is there is something similar to *compute >before _page_ or can I have value of _page_ into some other value.* > >MYPHARMA >Page 1 of 3 . >PEN 20007 > > > Table 14.1.4 > Demographic >Characteristics > Modified Intent-To-Treat >Subjects > >/* CREATE REPORT */ >ods rtf file = "&dir1.T14_1_2_MXXX_1303.RTF" style=autoexec; >title "" ; >Footnote"" ; >proc report data= &Program. nowd missing split='?' >style(header)=[protectspecialchars=off]; > columns ("&border" (page _userFoot _PageNo _lastLine Sec Row Col0 Col2_1 >Col2_1 Col2_2 Col2_3 Col2_4 )); > define _userFoot / order Noprint ; > define _PageNo / order Noprint ; > define _lastLine / order Noprint ; > define page/ order order=internal noprint; > d...

href values and value-of

Values depending on other values
Hi all, I have to insert some rows in a database and some values in this rows depends on the values of other rows in the database. This new value must continue up to date dependig on the value of the origin data. �How could I do this? I�ve been thinking of using triggers that update the variable values but, is there any other way? Thanks in advance NegreT wrote: > Hi all, > > I have to insert some rows in a database and some values in this rows > depends on the values of other rows in the database. > > This new value must continue up to date dependig on the value of the > origin data. > > �How could I do this? I�ve been thinking of using triggers that update > the variable values but, is there any other way? > > Thanks in advance You should almost never store the result of a calculation in a relational database. Why not calculate the value on the fly for display on screen or in reports? -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply. The situation is : - I've got a table with records (each record is a state of a sensor). - I've got a form that reads those records and can add more. What I have to do: - Users must be able to insert records with the current value of the sensor (easy). - Users must be abl...

Re: Value if _page_ value into another value?? #2
Tom, Thank you for the Reply, I know what you are saying defining Footnotes and Titles Outside would send it RTF Part. But my Medical Writers are having a Problem while doing their changes to delete the header and footer part when it is written Out by RTF , That is Reason I need Footnotes and titles inside the Dataset so that it would be easy for them thanks Kumar On Dec 4, 2007 5:11 AM, Tom Hide <tom.hide@dehiworld.com> wrote: > On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:25:03 -0500, SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> > wrote: > > >I am trying to get my Mtitle and Footer with in the dataset Instead of > >getting them as title and Footnotes the reason My boss requested (there > is > >Other reason ) For that I am doing something like this > > > >My Problem is trying to get Titles in the Dataset, When I trying > something > >like this The second title is Over writing the First one. But I need my > >Report some thing like this . Is there is something similar to *compute > >before _page_ or can I have value of _page_ into some other value.* > > > >MYPHARMA > >Page 1 of 3 . > >PEN 20007 > > > > > > Table 14.1.4 > > Demographic > >Characteristics > > Modified Intent-To-Treat > >Subjects > > > >/*...

Get x values for specific y value of the histogram
I have the histogram of an image and I want to know the x values that corresponds to specific y values. For example I want the x values that corresponds to the values that I stored in an array A. P.S: the x values of histogram are 0:255 (for Matlab is 1:256) and the y values can be any number from 0 to hundrends Thank you for your help ...

Re: Value if _page_ value into another value?? #3
Check out the ODS RTF TEXT=, which allow you to write stuff in the main body of the document. But text is still put into a cell like thing. you will see a border around the text, but it wil be invisible when you print it out. Not sure if it will solve your problem. HTH Yu On Dec 4, 2007 8:23 AM, SAS_learner <proccontents@gmail.com> wrote: > Tom, > > Thank you for the Reply, I know what you are saying defining Footnotes and > Titles Outside would send it RTF Part. > > But my Medical Writers are having a Problem while doing their changes to > delete the header and footer part when it is written Out by RTF , > > That is Reason I need Footnotes and titles inside the Dataset so that it > would be easy for them > > thanks > Kumar > > On Dec 4, 2007 5:11 AM, Tom Hide <tom.hide@dehiworld.com> wrote: > > > On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:25:03 -0500, SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> > > wrote: > > > > >I am trying to get my Mtitle and Footer with in the dataset Instead of > > >getting them as title and Footnotes the reason My boss requested (there > > is > > >Other reason ) For that I am doing something like this > > > > > >My Problem is trying to get Titles in the Dataset, When I trying > > something > > >like this The second title is Over writing the First one. But I need > my > > >Report some thing like this . Is there is ...

Checking if a value is between other values
Hi Everyone, Suppose I have a matrix A, and a column vector B, where the number of rows in A and B are equal. Now suppose I wish to determine for each row in B, if the value in B lies between the smallest and largest value in the corresponding row in A. If yes, then in a column vector C, I wish to place 1 in the corresponding row, and if not, then I wish to place 0. Example: A = [-1 0 1;5 3 2] B = [-2;4] C = [0;1] How might this be done neatly? Regards, Ulrik. "Ulrik Nash" <uwn@sam.sdu.dk> wrote in message <j359u1$c9j$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi Everyone, > > Suppose I have a matrix A, and a column vector B, where the number of rows in A and B are equal. > > Now suppose I wish to determine for each row in B, if the value in B lies between the smallest and largest value in the corresponding row in A. If yes, then in a column vector C, I wish to place 1 in the corresponding row, and if not, then I wish to place 0. > > Example: > > A = [-1 0 1;5 3 2] > > B = [-2;4] > > C = [0;1] > > How might this be done neatly? > > Regards, > > Ulrik. My suggestion: C = min(A,[],2)<B & max(A,[],2)>B regards Grzegorz ...

24-bit RGB values to 16-bit values algorithm
Hi , I have a different problem here. I have a 24-bit RGB value. I would need to convert it to 16-bit value as per the design in 'C' language . Consider the below to be the 32-bit representation : R G B XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX - 24 bit Below is the desired output of 16-bit : R G B XXXX____ XXXX____ XXXX____ - 16 bit And the point to consider is that there should be minimal loss of quality (Loss of RGB) in this method of implementation. I need an efficient algorithm interms of Memory as i need to integrate with my embedded application based on Coldfire. Kindly share your views regarding this . Tonnes of Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru "karthikbg" <karthik.balaguru@lntinfotech.com> writes: > Hi , > > I have a different problem here. I have a 24-bit RGB value. > I would need to convert it to 16-bit value as per the design in 'C' > language . > > Consider the below to be the 32-bit representation : > R G B > XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX - 24 bit > > Below is the desired output of 16-bit : > R G B > XXXX____ XXXX____ XXXX____ - 16 bit > > > And the point to consider is that there should be minimal loss of > quality (Loss of RGB) in this method of implementation. > > I need an efficient algorithm interms of Memory as i need to integrate > with my embedded > appl...

return a value from a table if value from another table is between two values
I'm really unsure about what this might be called: i have a table (tblMdfRate) with feilds MdfRateUpper, MdfRateLower and MdfRateAmt i want to return MdfRateAmt when a customer's sales (SalesAmt in table tblSalesByDateRange) are between MdfRateUpper and MdfRateLower. I think i have done this before but i dont work with access on a daily basis and i have forgotten.... im sure it is a simple thing? SELECT tblSalesByDateRange.SalesAmt, tblMdfRate.MdfRateAmt FROM tblSalesByDateRange INNER JOIN tblMdfRate ON ( tblSalesByDateRange.SalesAmt >= tblMdfRate.MdfRateLower AND tblSalesByDateRange.SalesAmt <= tblMdfRate.MdfRateUpper ) ...

reset a search form, GET values override posted values except on a new search
I have a search form for this sql query: $sql="SELECT bu, cart_id, nationalDrugCode, error_flag "; $sql.="FROM cart_inventory_complete "; if ($bu!=''){ $sqlWhere="WHERE bu ='$bu' ";} if ($cart_id !='') { $sqlWhere.="AND cart_id='$cart_id' ";} if (($zoneid !='') && ($zonenm!='')) { $sqlWhere.="AND zoneid ='$zoneid'AND zonenm='$zonenm' ";} $sqlWhere.="AND error_flag='1' "; $sqlLimit="LIMIT $startPage, 25"; This query worked on the first page of the search, but not on the second page, because the page numbering system is based on the GET value for the current page number. The filtered value is lost for the $sqlWHERE on the 2nd page, so I added the $sqlWhere values to the GET string in the page numbering section at the bottom. I solved it by setting the values of the vars first to the GET value and if no GET then take the POST value. It works now to show all the pages of the current search :-) The only issue I have now is if the user changes the search on the current page. He has seen the values displayed and wants to do a totally new search. I have to change the PAGE current page number and reset the the GET values to "". for ( $p=1;$p<=$noPages;$p++ ) { echo " <a href='$me?page=$p&error_flag=1&nRecs=$nRecs&bu= $bu&zoneid=$zoneid&zonenm=$zonenm&...

Find a closest value of array and test which of the values gives the highest function value as below...
Hello all, i have one problem, if someone helps me, i will really appreciate. So please, HELP ME ! I have one array, let's say it is is like this: A=[3, 5, 4, 6.2, 7.1, 7.8, 9.3, 10, 11, 13] I have to find the closest value of 7 (<=7). And then, i have to search in this vector for all values that are smaller than the closest value that we found (from the value that we found in descending order one by one search till the first value of array), and to see that which of these values gives as maximum value of function f(i), the function is like below: f(i) = 5/i+i/6+7/i So, i have to test every value that we found (below the closest value) in the function below, to see which of these values gives us the highest value of f(i). PLEASEEEEE HELP ME, I WILL really appreciate Thanks in advance Regards Luki On 6/21/2012 9:15 PM, luan HAKAJ wrote: > Hello all, i have one problem, if someone helps me, i will really > appreciate. So please, HELP ME ! I have one array, let's say it is is > like this: > A=[3, 5, 4, 6.2, 7.1, 7.8, 9.3, 10, 11, 13] > I have to find the closest value of 7 (<=7). And then, i have to search > in this vector for all values that are smaller than the closest value > that we found (from the value that we found in descending order one by > one search till the first value of array), and to see that which of > these values gives as maximum value of function f(i), the function is > like below: &g...

Selection the value as threshold value
Hi Please, I want to select one value from the distance vector as a threshold value.. how can I chose the value as a threshold? is it arbitrary? or there is some methods using to select the threshold value? please, any one answer me thanks On Jan 17, 5:43=A0am, "fatin abbas" <fatinmahdi2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi > > Please, I want to select one value from the distance vector as a threshol= d value.. how can I chose the value as a threshold? is it arbitrary? or the= re is some methods using to select the threshold value? please, any one ans= wer me > > thanks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ----------------------------- What is "the distance vector" and why would that necessarily have units of gray levels, which is the units of an intensity threshold? Are you able to interactively set a threshold, for example with my thresholding app http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/?term= =3Dauthorid%3A31862 ...

Value greater than value issue
Hello, I know this will be an easy fix--but as of now I'm banging my head against the wall. I need a fresh perspective from the group to see what my problem is: This is a simple accounting application, and the code below is checking to see if a user's withdraw request is greater than their available balance: $withdraw_request = $_REQUEST['withdraw_amount']; // 543.21 $withdraw_maximum = $user['available_balance']; // 543.21 if($withdraw_request > $withdraw_maximum) { echo "Insufficient funds."; } else { echo "Processing..."; } In my application, both values are equal (543.21), but $withdraw_request > $widthdraw_maximum still evaluates to TRUE, and thus shows "Insufficient funds." If the two values are whole numbers, like "543", then they evaluate the way I expect them to. I've tried everything I can think of, like $withdraw_request = floatval($_REQUEST['withdraw_amount']); $withdraw_maximum = floatval($user['available_balance']); as well as doing an "isnumeric" check on both values (they both return true), but still no luck. If $withdraw_request is less than (<) the $withdraw_maximum--ie 543.20 < 543.21, the script works fine. Also, if I hard code the values, the script works fine. Somewhere between pulling the maximum from the database and getting the $_REQUEST variable things are getting lost in translation. Thanks for any advice Acrobatic <jbnun...

Expectation Value or Most Probable Value???
Dear Matlab Community, This is a question that has bothered me for a long time. Let's say I have a model... y = f(t) = A*exp(-B*t) + C; where, A is an amplitude, B is a rate parameter and C is a constant. Let's say that an experiment collects samples of the signal y up to time t << infiniti. I would argue that if samples are collected up to time t << infiniti, then the constant C should not be estimated by the model using nonlinear least squares fitting because it is only at t = infiniti, that the first term goes to zero and can give you y = C. So, let's say that the model is not used to find C. However, let's say that there is information in the data that lets you estimate C from a probability density function using maximum likelihood. Let's say that the PDF is not gaussian, rather some other PDF where the mean (expected value or 1st moment) does NOT equal the mode (the most probable value or the value with highest density). What distribution descriptor would you use to substitute for the value of C? Would you use the most probable value or the expected value? Thanks, Eric bump "Eric Diaz" wrote in message <jieju7$1be$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear Matlab Community, > > This is a question that has bothered me for a long time. > > Let's say I have a model... > y = f(t) = A*exp(-B*t) + C; > where, A is an amplitude, B is a rate parameter and C is a constant. > ...

Cluster member names for use with "get control value" or "set control value"
Is it possible to directly access individual elements of a front panel control cluster using the "get control value" or "set control value" methods? If so what name should&nbsp;I wire to the "control name" input? &nbsp; For example, if I have a cluster labeled AAA and it contains a numeric labeled BBB and a string called CCC and if I want to access the string directly with the aforementioned methods, what do I&nbsp;use for the control name? &nbsp; I've tried "AAA. CCC" based on what shows up in&nbsp;an event structure tied to a data change event of CCC but that does not work. &nbsp; Or is this a matter of not being able to get to the parts of the cluster, just the whole thing? ...

Must GET/POST Parameters Have Values? (And What is the Syntax for GET, If NOT)
Are GET and POST parameters required to have values, i.e. are either of these legal? http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this&that http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this=&that= In my application, I have a GET/POST parameter that is significant just by its presence (it doesn't need a value), and rather than say this=1&that=1 I was wondering if it is legal to specify them without values. Thanks, Dave. David T. Ashley wrote: > Are GET and POST parameters required to have values, i.e. are either of > these legal? > > http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this&that > > http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this=&that= > > In my application, I have a GET/POST parameter that is significant just by > its presence (it doesn't need a value), and rather than say this=1&that=1 I > was wondering if it is legal to specify them without values. > > Thanks, Dave. yes thats ok, but they need an equals sign at the end still like in your second example, i havent tried it without, also empty($_GET['this']) this is fine if you simply want to see if it doesnt have another value, i use stuff like this for links to member logins, that way they can be returned back to the same page after a successful login and ensure everything was there that was before. Flamer. I've used like your first example (no equals signs) with no problems many times. All one must do to see if it is there is: isset($_GET['this']) I...

To check if a value is inside a set of values.
Regularly, I have to check if a value is inside a set of values. Here is my solution to do that. I'm curious to see others solutions, with readability as important goal. Charles _________________________________________________________________ \ check x [IN i j k l ... IN] : [IN ( x -- ) postpone depth postpone 2>r ; immediate : checkin ( n*v x depth-before -- flag ) depth swap - 1- ( n*v x n ) 0 swap 0 ?DO ( n*v x f ) >r swap over = r> or LOOP nip ; : IN] ( -- flag ) postpone 2r> postpone checkin ; immediate \ ---------- : test ( -- ) 10 0 DO i . i [in 1 3 5 7 9 11 in] IF ." In set" ELSE ." Not in set" THEN cr LOOP ; \\ eof Dear Charles, > Regularly, I have to check if a value is inside a set of values. > Here is my solution to do that. Hmmm. Does it make sense to make the set a sorted array and use binary search? Best regards, Bill You seem to be working with lists. BTW Lisp and Prolog are good at that. Maybe you find this link interesting: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~williams/archive/forth/lists/ Cheers, Andreas http://www.minforth.net.ms/ In article <4242ce4b$0$10334$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, Charles Melice <mail@forthcad.com> wrote: >Regularly, I have to check if a value is inside a set of values. >Here is my solution to do that. > >I'm curious to see others solutions, with readability as important go...

Selection the value as threshold value #2
Hi Please, I want to select one value from the distance vector as a threshold value.. how can I chose the value as a threshold? is it arbitrary? or there is some methods using to select the threshold value? please, any one answer me thanks ...

[Syntax] Convert between value labels and values
DATA LIST FREE ("-", ":") /name (A10) gender (F1.0) points (F3.0). BEGIN DATA Sarah - 1 : 98 Paul - 2 : 87 END DATA. VALUE LABELS gender 1 "female" 2 "male". EXECUTE. * Version 1: Does not work SELECT IF (gender = "female"). EXECUTE. * Version 2: Does work SELECT IF (gender = 1). EXECUTE. For clarity, and to avoid typing/lookup errors, I'd prefer to express comparisons via value labels rather than numeric codes. Any hints how to achieve this? P.S. The example is, of course, made up. I get the data from a larger database that uses numbers to encode nominal values. -- Andreas Jaeger MMF GmbH, Herdecke, Germany (Mail: use my surname at domain supplied) Use STRING (here: A6) instead of numeric (F1.0): .... /name (A10) gender (A6) points(F3.0) .... Sarah - female : 98 Paul - male : 87 .... Another way: STRING sex (A6). RECODE gender (1 = "male")(2 = "female") INTO sex. (Hope it works ...) Peter Sopp Am 14.07.2010 11:13, schrieb Andreas Jaeger: > DATA LIST FREE ("-", ":") > /name (A10) gender (F1.0) points (F3.0). > BEGIN DATA > Sarah - 1 : 98 > Paul - 2 : 87 > END DATA. > VALUE LABELS gender > 1 "female" > 2 "male". > EXECUTE. > > * Version 1: Does not work > SELECT IF (gender = "female"). > EXECUTE. > > * Version 2:...

some value index is fast, and for some value it is slow
When ISNODE is 0 then full table scan is fast. But when it is 1 index is fast. Now what can I do here to full index when it is useful, who to maintain it according to query. It is using CBO in 9.2.0.8 on Windows XP. SQL> SELECT TC.PRODUCTID, TC.COUNTRYCODE FROM TC WHERE TC.PRODUCTID IS NOT NULL AND TC.ISNODE = 0 ORDER BY TC.PRODUCTID; 679449 rows selected. Elapsed: 00:00:43.54 Execution Plan ---------------------------------------------------------- 0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=5268 Card=340335 Byt es=6126030) 1 0 SORT (ORDER BY) (Cost=5268 Card=340335 Bytes=6126030) 2 1 TABLE ACCESS (FULL) OF 'TC' (Cost=3944 Card=340335 B ytes=6126030) Statistics ---------------------------------------------------------- 0 recursive calls 6 db block gets 41008 consistent gets 26442 physical reads 0 redo size 11424430 bytes sent via SQL*Net to client 498763 bytes received via SQL*Net from client 45298 SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client 0 sorts (memory) 1 sorts (disk) 679449 rows processed SQL> SELECT /*+ INDEX(TC IND_ISNODE) */ TC.PRODUCTID, TC.COUNTRYCODE FROM TC WHERE TC.PRODUCTID IS NOT NULL AND TC.ISNODE = 0 ORDER BY TC 679449 rows selected. Elapsed: 00:01:02.25 Execution Plan ---------------------------------------------------------- 0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=22619 Card=340335 By ...

eliminate redundant values from a value list
Hello, I have a drop-down on a form (call it LName) which selects its values from the last names of students I enter in another table. Is there any way that I can make this drop-down eliminate redundant values? i.e. right now I have an Emily Smith and a Joe Smith in my Student table, so this drop down displays two elements "Smith"--even though choosing one is just as good as choosing the other. I'd prefer to just have the drop down display one Smith. thanks, Sheel I don't think you meant a 'value list' if you're getting the data from a table. The RowSource type should be Table/Query. Then change the RowSource from Select etc. to Select Distinct etc. -- Fred Please reply only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail. "Sheel Ganatra" <ganatra@fas.harvard.edu> wrote in message news:bhujs4$d9v$1@news.fas.harvard.edu... > Hello, > > I have a drop-down on a form (call it LName) which selects its values from > the last names of students I enter in another table. Is there any way that I > can make this drop-down eliminate redundant values? i.e. right now I have an > Emily Smith and a Joe Smith in my Student table, so this drop down displays > two elements "Smith"--even though choosing one is just as good as choosing > the other. I'd prefer to just have the drop down display one Smith. > > thanks, > Sheel > > Sheel, > I have a drop-down on a form (call it LNam...

Selection the value as threshold value #3
Hi Please, I want to select one value from the distance vector as a threshold value.. how can I chose the value as a threshold? is it arbitrary? or there is some methods using to select the threshold value? please, any one answer me thanks ...

How to get Tooltip value
Is there a way to extract the value of a variable and display it with Tooltip? Example: f[x_] := 1/x^2 Plot[Tooltip[f[x],"Value of x is:" "(wish I knew)"],{x,0,100}] Thanks... Jim On Oct 4, 9:04 pm, "James Brown" <J...@SETI.Net> wrote: > Is there a way to extract the value of a variable and display it with > Tooltip? > Example: > f[x_] := 1/x^2 > Plot[Tooltip[f[x],"Value of x is:" "(wish I knew)"],{x,0,100}] > > Thanks... Jim Here's an ugly hack: f[x_] := 1/x^2 p = Plot[f[x], {x, 0, 100}]; data = p[[Sequence @@ Position[p, Line[__]][[1]]]][[1]]; ListPlot[Tooltip[#, #] & /@ data, Joined -> True] But there are probably nicer solutions (eg use a locator constrained to the curve that follows the mouse that dynamically returns the position...) Simon Use a Locator and put the Tooltip on the locator. You might want the Locator to be constrained to the curve. You can also use the position locator from DrawingTools. David Park djmpark@comcast.net http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/ From: James Brown [mailto:Jim@SETI.Net] Is there a way to extract the value of a variable and display it with Tooltip? Example: f[x_] := 1/x^2 Plot[Tooltip[f[x],"Value of x is:" "(wish I knew)"],{x,0,100}] Thanks... Jim Am 04.10.2010 12:04, schrieb James Brown: > Is there a way to extract the value of a variable an...

Web resources about - How to get inimum value from 16 values available - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Fiorina Interrupted a Reporter Asking Cruz About Infidelity to Call Trump a ‘Serial Philanderer’
Last week, The National Enquirer accused Ted Cruz of having no less than five affairs. Cruz responded that the allegations were false, but it ...

North Carolina mother charged with murdering her daughter ordered photos of girl
Exactly a month after Macy Grace's death, Jeanie Ditty went to Pennsylvania photographer Sunny Jo and asked for images depicting her reading, ...

Inspired Haunted Mansion stretch gallery/Star Wars mashup
Karen Hallion, a frustrated Disney animator, has updated her brilliant Princess Leia/Haunted Mansion mashup from 2014 with an inspired, complete ...

Foxconn agrees to buy Japan's Sharp Corp. for $3.5 billion
The Taiwanese company that assembles Apple's iPhones agreed Wednesday to buy control of financially struggling Sharp Corp. for $3.5 billion in ...

‘Batman V Superman’ Will Remain The Main Event With $58M-$66M 2nd Weekend As Major Studios Take A Holiday ...
None of the major studios have any wide releases this Friday and spring break is still in full swing. This only provides a quintessential opportunity ...

Watch: Minneapolis Officer Won't Be Charged in Shooting Death of Jamar Clark
Minneapolis police officers involved in the fatal shooting of 24-year-old Jamar Clark will not be charged in his death, prosecutors announced ...

Hamptons Festival Enlists Oscar Winners to Mentor Up-and-Coming Writers
The Hampton International Film Festival has corralled filmmakers including Alexander Dinelaris, the Academy Award winning co-writer of “Birdman,” ...

Brussels police officer ‘too drunk’ for attacks crisis meeting
The chief of a district within Ixelles couldn't answer questions.

Amazon cracks down on crappy USB-C cables and adapters
I've been whining for months about the crap sandwich Apple and Google created by adopting USB-C for their new laptops without supporting the ...

James Corden Carpool Karaoke Special Ratings OK, ‘Flash’ Picks Up Post-Crossover Speed, ‘The Voice’ Dips ...
There was some Elton, some Bieber, some Adele of course and a whole new segment with Jennifer Lopez last night on CBS’ The Late Late Show Carpool ...