How to get rid of obsolete function warning

Hi all,
Since I'm using randint function I receive:
Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the
future.
         Please use RANDI instead.
         To disable this warning, type
         warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');
but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');"
How can I get rid of that warning permanently?

Elnaz
0
ebsadeghian (142)

"Elnaz " <ebsadeghian@gmail.com> wrote in message <kjvlb2$6op$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
> Since I'm using randint function I receive:
> Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the
> future.
>          Please use RANDI instead.
>          To disable this warning, type
>          warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');
> but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');"
> How can I get rid of that warning permanently?
>
> Elnaz

Why not just switch to randi?

It won't be long before randint does disappear, and
then you will need to do so anyway.

John
0
woodchips (7944)
4/9/2013 12:07:09 AM
On 4/8/2013 6:54 PM, Elnaz wrote:
> Hi all,
> Since I'm using randint function I receive:
> Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the
> future.
> Please use RANDI instead.
> To disable this warning, type
> warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');
> but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do
> "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');"
> How can I get rid of that warning permanently?

Update your code to use RANDI instead, maybe???  It'll only get worse
when TMW actually removes it.

none1568 (7453)
4/9/2013 12:24:34 AM
Yes; I agree. Thanks.
Elnaz
0
ebsadeghian (142)

Getting rid of pointer to function cast warning
Is it possible to get rid of the warning below generated at compile time without resorting to any compiler directive trickery? (ie. pragmas and the likes) Both g++ and clang++ report the following warning when casting a void * pointer retrieved from dlsym (after loading an SO dynamic library.) warning: cast between pointer-to-function and pointer-to-object is an extension [-pedantic] if(!(fn_main = reinterpret_cast<Omnisource* (*)(void *)>( ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Relevant bit of code: if(!(fn_main = reinterp...

How to get rid of a "function" warning message
Hello All, Does anyone know how to get rid of the following messages in GUIDE: -Function 'x_callback' appears to be unused. -Input argument 'hobject' appears unused, but a later argument is used. format is : function x_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance, Mathew Mathew: I'm not sure what you mean by "in GUIDE." Here's a snippet of code I use to turn off runtime warnings that get displayed in the command window in red: % Turn off this warning "Warning: Image is too big to fit on scree...

How to get rid of the annoying compiling warning on virtual function
Hi, I'm using Intel C++ compiler 9 to compiler a project. But, there are a lot of warning saying like "virtual function override intended....". I searched old messages in Google groups, someone already talk about this issue. But I still confused.. This is the simple test code I copied from these messages //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// class Base { virtual void foo(); //*position A* }; class Derived1 : Base { virtual void foo(int); //*position B* }; class Derived2 : Derived1 { void foo(int); ...

How to get rid of "hex/oct constants > sys.maxint" warning?
I'm getting tired of seeing meaningless warnings from my code, but I can't figure out how to get rid of them: For example: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80,s) causes FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up Firstly, I have no idea what that error means in this context. 0xc0047a80 isn't intended to be an integer (either positive or negative): it's just a chunk of 32 bits. Googling the newsgroup came up with the suggestion that putting an "L" on the end of the constant would eliminate the warning, but it cau...

Why do i get this Warning in Matlab?
Hello, When calling a DLL file from Matlab i get this error: Warning: Message from C preprocessor: lcc preprocessor warning: C:\MATLAB\work\lab\F.h:5 No newline at end of file The header file F.h which I am using has only one code line: /* Function Declaration */ EXPORTED_FUNCTION int MyFunction(int iSize, double *pdSignal, double dSmooth, double dPhase, double *pdFilter); Does anyone knows the reason of the warning I am receiving? Thank You, Miguel Shapper wrote: > > > Hello, > > When calling a DLL file from Matlab i get this error: > > Warning: Message from C p...

How to get rid of warnings?

How do I get rid of this warning?
Patterned after the solution suggested in the perlmodlib man page, I wrote the following code: ==================== This is file b.pm #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; package b; sub f { print "BBBBBBBB @_\n"; } eval join('', <main::DATA>) || die $@ unless caller(); 1 __END__ package main; b::f(@ARGV); ================================= When called this from the command line, say: b.pm X it works fine. But when I use it as a module, say from this context: ===================== This is file p.pl #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use b; b::f('X'); ====...

Getting rid of warnings
Hello all, I usually try to get my code clean enough so that no warnings remain at compile time. So I'm annoyed by the 2 following warnings which I can't get rid of. Suggestions (in the form of code rewrite or #pragma) are welcome. Exemple 1: #define MAX_TRACES 100 int NbTraces=0; // Set somewhere else in the program void F(void) { int i, Idx[MAX_TRACES]; for (j=0; j<MAX_TRACES; j++) Idx[j]=0; // Doesn't change anything for (j=0; j<MAX_TRACES; j++) GetSomething(&Idx[j]); for (j=0; j<NbTraces; j++) i = Idx[j]; } The last line gives me: Warning: Local 'Idx'...

get rid of warning
After I download some software from a place like macupdate, I install it and then I try it out. But first I get a warning: "such and such app" was downloaded from the internet are you sure you want to open it? Yes, I *know* I downloaded it from the internet. I chose to. And yes, I *do* want to open it � that's why I double clicked it! Is there a place where I can choose to not have those warnings? (iMac, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 10.5.7) -- Michael Fogler http://MichaelFogler.com In article <guitarist-6DC91C.08070308072009@netnews.insightbb.com>, Michael Fogler <gui...

Getting rid of warnings
I am trying to get rid of a few annoying warnings in my project - I have got rid of most of them but a few remain which I cant seem to get rid of. The first one is while using FD_SET/FD_CLR for adding and clearing sockets. I get the warning: warning C4127: conditional expression is constant The other one is using SetWindowLongPtr. I did have two warnings for this but managed to cast the result to get rid of one warning. I cant get rid of the last warning though. My code is: mOldWndProc = (WNDPROC)(long long)SetWindowLongPtr(mHwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, (LONG_PTR)SkinWndProc); ...

softly interrupting a MATLAB function
Does anyone know if there is a way to interrupt a long-running MATLAB function in such a way that one can execute a separate set of commands in a "catch"-type environment? Basically, I'd like to combine Cntl-C with error trapping, so that Cntl-C executes a catch block (i.e., try-catch-end), since it doesn't occur naturally. I have done something similar to this in a GUI environment, but in this case, it is in batch mode. Thanks, Mark Mark Abramson wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to interrupt a long-running MATLAB > function in such a way that one can exec...

Warning from Amos: how to get rid of it
Hi! My Amos lisence expired. I removed the program since the next version is available soon. Now a window (blue stripe above with text "SPSS for Windows" and a yellow ! triangle on gray background with remark "One of the required keys (launch or Menu) for application Amos4-0 was missing. No menu item will be added for it." Followed by OK button) appears in every start. Clicking OK-button in the box lets me to continue, but I would like to have it normal again. Suggestions? Erkki _________________________________________________________________ gsm 040-5024491 <http://www.helsinki.fi/people/Erkki.Komulainen/> "Erkki Komulainen" <Erkki.Komulainen@Helsinki.REMOVE.Fi> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:beodq9$gl6$1@oravannahka.helsinki.fi... > Hi! > > My Amos lisence expired. I removed the program since the next version is > available soon. Now a window (blue stripe above with text "SPSS for > Windows" and a yellow ! triangle on gray background with remark "One of > the required keys (launch or Menu) for application Amos4-0 was missing. > No menu item will be added for it." Followed by OK button) appears in > every start. > > Clicking OK-button in the box lets me to continue, but I would like to > have it normal again. > > Suggestions? > > Erkki > _________________________________________________________________ > gsm 040-5024491 <...

How to Get Rid of Orange Warnings
I ran this exact code earlier this week and it took awhile, but it finally worked. Now when I try and run it, it gives me an error. Can anyone figure out what would be going wrong? Thankss! clear clc theta1=.3; k=18.4; alpha=k/1703703.704; N=.5; for h=50:90; for j=100:500; for LR= 100:250; for l= 1:150; L=l*.01; V=.0001*j; a1=(V*L)/alpha; a0=((2*h*L)/k)*(LR); lmda1=(a1 + (sqrt((a1^2)+4*a0)))/2; lmda2=(a1 - (sqrt((a1^2)+4*a0)))/2; c1=(theta...

Get Rid of Warning Box
Hello: I just upgraded to VB 6.0 (late bloomer)..anyway, I am using the datagrid control and when the user does not fill in a specific cell, I don't want the changes saved. So, I put a procedure in the "BeforeUpdate" event and allow the user to choose to fill in the cell or not save the newly inserted (or changed) information. However, after the msgbox asks the user to make a decision, the system also sends a popup that says "Action is Cancelled"...I don't want that "Action is Cancelled" popup...how do I suppress it? I also noted that there is no "SetFocus" for controls on a Grid. CAn you set the focus to a specific cell in the grid? If so, how do I do that? If the user says they want to fill in the cell they missed, I could set them back in that specific cell. Anyway, any assistance would help. . . and Thanks in advance. JP ...

How to get rid off warnings/errors
Hi members, I'm using the barrayserver which works perfect for my use. I use it the following way : auStruct := {{"van", "N", 10, 3},; {"tot", "N", 10, 3},; {"wanddikte", "N", 5, 2},; {"diameter", "N", 10, 3}} SELF:ohoogte:=bArrayServer{auStruct,,BINACTIVE} SELF:ohoogte:Append() SELF:ohoogte:van:=5.1 Now in an attempt to clean up my code i set the compiler in the "warnings as error" mode. Now it complains that : 1. Variable VAN in entity xxxx is not ...

What is the meaning of this warning, and how do I get rid of it?
I have a portion of code along the following lines: volatile unsigned char x ; unsigned int f(unsigned char *y) ; When I do unsigned int z = f(&x) ; the compiler issues the following warning: warning: passing arg 1 of `f' discards qualifiers from pointer target type What does this exactly mean? How do I change my code so that the compiler is happy about it? James H. Newman wrote: > I have a portion of code along the following > lines: > > volatile unsigned char x ; &g...

(Matlab) How to get inverse function?
Hi all, The function may be too complex to get inverse function, like y=x*2^x*log2(x). I used to use C do inverse function. The procedure is: (1) get x->y pair matrix (2) qsort(y), i.e quick sort y (3) bsearch(y) to get x Is there any good method to get inverse function in Matlab? Best regards, Davy In article <1142390302.403944.281930@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Soho" <zhushenli@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > The function may be too complex to get inverse function, like > y=x*2^x*log2(x). > > I used to use C do inverse function. > Th...

Getting rid of old, obsolete kernels
I've looked and looked, but have had no luck finding a method of removing old kernels from the boot list. I've been working with UNIX/IRIX/etc for 20 years and learned a long time ago that obsolete kernels are nothing but disk-eating blobs and can be hazardous to your health if accidentally booted. The kernel that is currently booted and fully functional is the only kernel of any real worth and importance. Yes, I know you can edit '/etc/lilo.conf', then run 'lilo' and they go away from the startup menu, but that doesn't remove the old files from /boot and /usr/lib and any other places that might harbor old and useless files. Is there a utility or executable that will accomplish this quickly, safely, and elegantly? Matt In comp.os.linux.setup, Matt McKnight uttered the immortal words: > Yes, I know you can edit '/etc/lilo.conf', then run 'lilo' and they go > away from the startup menu, but that doesn't remove the old files from > /boot and /usr/lib and any other places that might harbor old and > useless files. Is there a utility or executable that will accomplish > this quickly, safely, and elegantly? If you've installed your old kernels via the package manager then you can remove them via your package manager. Unfortunately you didn't say which distro and version you're using so I can't offer any further help WRT package managers. If you installed the ...

How do you get rid of dynamic linker warning
I have just ported a large application suite to sco 5.0.7. The application suite runs fine. It's passed our many regression test. The only annoyance is when we run a program, we get the "warning": dynamic linker: prog123: warning: copy relocation size mismatch for symbol Xpcs_work_int How do you stop the dynamic linker telling me this every time I run a program? Surely there is an environment variable to tell it "I'm not interested, I know there is a coding problem, I don't want to fix it, stop telling me this." I'm using the same code on AIX, HPUX, Linu...

Is this compiler warning impossible to get rid of?
Hi all, I'm talking about of the following warning: "myClass.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details." Usually when this warning occours for a LinkedList or for other linear structures, is sufficient to declare the type, e.g.: LinkedList<Integer> list = new LinkedList<Integer>(); and the warning disappears. but in my case, I have an array of Java's LinkedLists, and I didn't find the way to get rid of the warning! Does anyone have an idea? My declaration (the structure is a separated chaining hash ...

get result from an matlab function in c#
hi! I wrote a MATLAB function and i was compiled it for C# in C# I wrote this codes: MWArray[] argsout = null; argsout = freq.freq_calc(1,data); argsout is a MWArray object and I coulde not to get result from it and show them in object like DataGridView. Is it possible? If yes what? ...

how to use get rid of the for....end function
Hello everybody: I am a quite new learner in Matlab. now i have some problems while i am doing the follow calculations: for i = 1 : 127 dd = F > i-1; capacity = i * sum(dd); total= total + capacity; end i supposed to get the final value of "total", where F is a sparse matrix with the size 15172*15172, then i use function sum to get the value capacity. it did work, however, i wanna make my coding more effective, which means, i want to use other functions instead of using the for...end loops..do any one have some suggestions. in fact, i want to get different matrix d...

Is this compiler warning impossible to get rid of?
Hi all, I'm talking about of the following warning: "myClass.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details." Usually when this warning occours for a LinkedList or for other linear structures, is sufficient to declare the type, e.g.: LinkedList<Integer> list = new LinkedList<Integer>(); and the warning disappears. but in my case, I have an array of Java's LinkedLists, and I didn't find the way to get rid of the warning! Does anyone have an idea? My declaration (the structure is a separat...

getting warning messages about gem obsolete
I uninstalled my old ruby (v 1.8521 I think it was), and installed 1.8522 (windows installer). When the interactive Ruby console comes up it states: C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead. C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead. C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead. It states this three times like above. Is there something I need to do ? Rae Rae wrote: > I uninstalled my old ruby (v 1.8521 I think it was), and installed > 1.8522 (windows installer). > When the interactive Ruby console comes up it states: > > C:0:Warning: requir...

Web resources about - How to get rid of obsolete function warning - comp.soft-sys.matlab

The Obsolete Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" The Obsolete Man " is an episode of the television series The Twilight Zone . It deals with themes of Orwellian totalitarianism , euthanasia ...

Search Twitter - obsolete
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh Christine @ c_connn 1m Voicemails are weird cuz they're obsolete to like 98% of the world but there's that last ...

Obsolete iPhone - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

[obsolete] FlaschBier (Commodore 64 PAL) TAS 9:54 - YouTube
This has been obsoleted by a faster TAS. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o3XhzAQ67s This time a tool assisted speed run of a rather minimalist ...

The good, the bad and the obsolete: technology in the federal budget
The government has looked to old-fashioned cuts and efficiency dividends rather than innovative use of technology to achieve savings in the federal ...

Black boxes like the one on flight MH 370 will soon be obsolete
Airlines have been dumping valuable data for too long when it could be saving money and lives.

Every iPhone accessory you own is now obsolete
... iPhone accessories you own, the stuff that plugs into the bottom of the device - speakers, docks, chargers etc. They're about to become obsolete. ...

Don't worry, your iPad is not obsolete
Don't worry, your iPad is not obsolete

The NBN: why it's slow, expensive and obsolete
Comment: The delays and cost blowouts have been much worse under the Coalition.

Does science make belief in God obsolete?
The predominance of scientists among preachers of the new gospel of atheism might lead to the assumption that science has rendered religious ...