how to get started at matlab

plez tel me what is the fastest way to learn matlab
0
rehma123 (2)

"Ram syed" <rehma123@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jbfne4$sms$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> plez tel me what is the fastest way to learn matlab

http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/learn_matlab/bqr_2pl.html

Bruno
0
b.luong5955 (6401)
12/4/2011 12:35:09 PM
"Ram syed" <rehma123@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jbfne4$sms$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> plez tel me what is the fastest way to learn matlab

The fastest way to learn a tool is to use it. Take the tutorial.
Next, try solving some small problems. I like PE as a source
of some neat problems. The first 50 or so are not difficult,
and the first 10 or so are downright easy. If they are too
difficult, then there are good texts teaching matlab, and
they will have good problems to get you started.

http://projecteuler.net/about

But USE IT. You won't learn anything until you start to use it.

John
0
woodchips (7944)

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Need help for a matlab mini project

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

get command of matlab GUI
Hello, I have a problem .I want to read data through a text box of GUI of matlab and this data happens to be in decimal and I want to convert into HEX data then I need to print that data in to text file in HEXADECIMAL format. This i m doing as below for get I m using following command tio read data from text box X = get (hObject,'value'); then i m reading this value and converting it in to hex by following command X1 = dec2hex (X); then i am writing it to text file by following code fprintf (fid, '%d ',X); after doing this i should see result in text file but I m not able to see hex codes intead I m getting "0" answers. Where is the problem. "amey patil" <ameypatil28@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <jm9d62$hg0$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > I have a problem .I want to read data through a text box of GUI of matlab and this data happens to be in decimal and I want to convert into HEX data then I need to print that data in to text file in HEXADECIMAL format. > This i m doing as below > for get I m using following command tio read data from text box > > X = get (hObject,'value'); > > then > i m reading this value and converting it in to hex by following command > > X1 = dec2hex (X); > > then i am writing it to text file by following code > > fprintf (fid, '%d ',X); > > after doing this i should see result in text fil...

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

problem when starting matlab V7
Hi, When I restart matlab 7, the main window (with command window, workspace window, etc.) is not located where it was last time -- e.g., if I position the window to occupy the right half of my screen, and let meditor to occupy the left half. Then I quit matlab, then restart it. Almost always I find that the main window has changed its position, sometimes it was occupying the left half screen, or sometimes it's on the left but a little to the lower right. But the meditor windows has its correct location. I am annoyed that each time I have to re-position the main window. Anybody knows why this is happening? Thanks. Once you get your layout how you like it, go to Desktop -> Save Layout and name it whatever you please. Whenever you start Matlab, go to Desktop -> Desktop Layout and it should be at the bottom of that list, under a divider. - Jesse Pinpress wrote: > Hi, > > When I restart matlab 7, the main window (with command window, > workspace window, etc.) is not located where it was last time -- > e.g., if I position the window to occupy the right half of my screen, > and let meditor to occupy the left half. Then I quit matlab, then > restart it. Almost always I find that the main window has changed > its position, sometimes it was occupying the left half screen, or > sometimes it's on the left but a little to the lower right. But the > meditor windows has its correct location. I am annoyed that each > time I have to re-pos...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Get MATLAB complex numbers into java
I realize that eventually the real and imaginary parts will need to be separated to fit into a java complex class, but is there any slick way to push that work into java and not clutter matlab functions/scripts? Everything I've tried just results in the imaginary part being stripped off. ...

Starting matlab in Slackware Linux machine
Hi All, I installed Matlab R13 in a Slackware linux standalone machine without the License manager. When I tried to run the matlab, by typing 'matlab' in the command prompt, it gives an error message like this, /home/matlab_r13/bin/glnx86/fvwmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory /home/matlab_r13/bin/glnx86/matlab: error while loading shared libraries: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Basically, I dont have the X-Windows installed as I am using this machine remotely. Can anyone please help me to fix it, I have been trying for long to fix this. Thanks Newbie Newbie <smilebalu@yahoo.co.in> wrote: > I installed Matlab R13 in a Slackware linux standalone machine >without the License manager. When I tried to run the matlab, by >typing 'matlab' in the command prompt, it gives an error message like >this, > >/home/matlab_r13/bin/glnx86/fvwmfix: error while loading shared >libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file >or directory >/home/matlab_r13/bin/glnx86/matlab: error while loading shared >libraries: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file >or directory > >Basically, I dont have the X-Windows installed as I am using this >machine remotely. How can you use it remotely without Xwindows being installed? Just through telnet? >Can anyone please help me...

Error getting MATLAB Javabuilder to work
I am new to MATLAB Javabuilder. I am trying to deploy a MATLAB program that I can use in my java program. I have followed the steps in the instruction video of MATLAB JavaBuilder JA. I can successfully deploy .prj file from MATLAB and create .jar file. Then when i go to Eclipse and create a new project and class upto which things are fine. The problem starts when I am trying to include javabuilder in the Build Path of eclipse project. I could not select the javabuilder.jar to add in the Build path of Eclipse from the path /Application/MATLAB/MATLAB_R2010b.app/toolbox/javabuilder/jar/ because I am on Mac so the application MATLAB_R2010b is not shown as a folder but rather an app icon. But I could manage to add by deployed jar file path and MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v714/toolbox/javabuilder/jar in the path. So when ia write program in java I dont get any compile time error. But when I am running the program I get the following error message from Java program : Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to find the library libmwmclmcrrt.7.14.dylib, required by MATLAB Builder JA, on java.library.path.This library is typically installed along with MATLAB or the MCR, its absence may indicate an issue with that installation or the current path configuration. The MCR version that this component is trying to use is: 7.14. at com.mathworks.toolbox.javabuilder.internal.MCRConfiguration$ProxyLibraryDir.get(MCRConfiguration.java:167) ...

Getting Matlab script server to reintialize
Is there a way to reinitailize the matlab scipt server if it crashes during run-time of a labview application? The problem is that when the matlab window is closed by the user the link is broken and the application stops working. Is there a way to catch this error and then reload the matlab script server window/ connection during runtime so that the app does not have to be halted, closed and reopened to reestablish the funcitonality &nbsp; Thank for any input &nbsp; Bryan S Could you package the Matlab Script Node code into a subVI and&nbsp;call that subVI dynamically using VI Server? The idea would be that you could poll the error output from the Matlab Script node to see if the Matlab window has been closed, thus&nbsp;closing the link. If it does occur, terminate the dynamic subVI and call it again from the main VI. This should completely emulate "closing and reopening the app." <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361A-01/lverror/matlab_and_hiq_script_code/" target="_blank">Here</a> is a link on getting started using VI Server to call VIs dynamically. The Help document references LabVIEW 8, but the process is the same for earlier versions. Here's an example of what I mean. There are two VIs, main VI.vi and Dynamic subVI.vi. Main VI calls Dynamic subVI, which should simulate your script node code, and then polls the error output of the subVI. If the subVI generates a specific error, the main VI a...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Help! Cannot start MATLAB in Fedora 8 #2
help! My MATLAB r2008a is installed at "/usr/local/matlab2k8a/". I start MATLAB from the terminal: [root@localhost matlab2k8a]# matlab There is an error: /usr/local/matlab2k8a/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libXp.so.6: undefined symbol: _ZTVN8EasySoap16SOAPHTTPProtocolE what's wrong with is? Thanks a lot! ...

Execute m-file without starting Matlab
Hello, I would like to execute a Matlab m-file several times from LabView. I want to start Matlab only once at the beginning and then leave it opened. If I use the SystemExecution.vi, I can use the system instruction to execute the script, but this also starts Matlab. I don't think that using Math Script Node is a good idea, since the Matlab code is huge and consists of lots of m-files, therefore I don't want to paste the whole code into the Script Node. How can I do this? Regards, Gerald Hi Gerald, &nbsp; Some alternatives to consider: - You could try invoking your .m file script from MathScript by calling it from the MathScript node rather than inserting the entire script. To do&nbsp;so, you would save your script(s) in a folder that's part of the MathScript search path. (See the help for&nbsp;the path command (<a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvtextmath/msfunc_path/" target="_blank">here</a>) for more info about this search path.) - LabVIEW includes a "MATLAB Script&nbsp;Node" that allows you to call on an installed copy of The Math Works Inc. MATLAB� software to execute your m file scripts. This node coexists with LabVIEW graphical code as a "script node," a rectangular region that you can add to your LabVIEW block diagrams and use to enter or load .m files. When the node executes, LabVIEW calls the MATLAB software to execute the .m file script. See this &l...

how to get the imregionalmaxmex.dll code, which is used in matlab
Hi, Can anyone suggest me how to get the imregionalmaxmex.dll function code in form of *.m or c.. Regards ...

How can I get FRF from Impulse Response in Matlab?
I want to get FRF of IIR Filter from Impulse Response. So, I got FRF using two method. One is FREQZ, another is FFT of impulse response. But two results are different. Why? My source code are below : clear all close all clc fs=2048; % Sampling Frequency N=65536; % Buffer Size t=[0:N-1]'./fs; % Time f = [0:N/2]'*fs/N; % Frequency x = zeros(N,1); % Impulse Input Signal x(1)=1; % 1 pole butterworth highpass filter with 2.7 Hz Cutoff [B, A] = butter(1, 2*2.7/fs, 'high'); [h, f] = freqz(B, A, N, fs); h = abs(h(1:N/2+1)); h_mag = 20*log10(h); f = f(1:N/2+1); % Impulse Response y = filter(B, A, x); % Calculate FFT with impulse Response h_fft = fft(y, N); h_fft = abs(h_fft); h_fft = h_fft(1:N/2+1); figure, semilogx(f, h, 'b', 'LineWidth', 2), hold on, semilogx(f, h_fft, 'r-.', 'LineWidth', 2) xlabel('Frequency(Hz)'), ylabel('Magnitude') grid, legend('From FREQZ Function', 'From Impulse Function') h_fft = 20*log10(h_fft); figure, semilogx(f, h_mag, 'b', 'LineWidth', 2), hold on, semilogx(f, h_fft, 'r-.', 'LineWidth', 2), grid, xlabel('Frequency(Hz)'), ylabel('dB'), title('Compare h1'), legend('FREQZ Function', 'Impulse Function') figure, freqz(B, A, N, fs); In my opinion, the results of FREQZ are correct. And the results of FFT are not correct. Could you say what I wrong...

problems getting MATLAB data in C++ program
Hi I am using the MX functions to get read MATLAB data in C and have been able to read the MATLAB data for MATLAB arrays and structures (created using the keword struct) but am having issues reading the data from a MATLAB structure array like test(1).dataelement1, test(1).dataelement2. Does anyone know what mx method to use? Also I think MATLAB must store additional information about the structure array as if I set the variable that I bring over to C to the first element in MATLAB I can read only the first value of the structure array. Any ideas? "Paul" wrote in message <jdd3rc$km1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi I am using the MX functions to get read MATLAB data in C and have been able to read the MATLAB data for MATLAB arrays and structures (created using the keword struct) but am having issues reading the data from a MATLAB structure array like test(1).dataelement1, test(1).dataelement2. Does anyone know what mx method to use? Also I think MATLAB must store additional information about the structure array as if I set the variable that I bring over to C to the first element in MATLAB I can read only the first value of the structure array. Any ideas? Use mxGetField. E.g., if you pass in the structure as the first argument: mxArray *test_dataelement1, *test_dataelement2; : test_dataelement1 = mxGetField(prhs[0],0,"dataelement1"); test_dataelement2 = mxGetField(prhs[0],0,"dataelement2"); James Tursa "James Tursa&...

How to get current dir (complete path) in Matlab?
How to get current dir (complete path) in Matlab? /current dir/path in command window; /function saveas(figure_handle, file_name, 'emf'); saves files to "c:\matlab\work" although I've set my work directory to "c:\prj". dr Dzekyl wrote: > > > How to get current dir (complete path) in Matlab? > /current dir/path in command window; > > /function saveas(figure_handle, file_name, 'emf'); > saves files to "c:\matlab\work" > although I've set my work directory to "c:\prj". > > > help pwd or help cd brian wrote: > > > dr Dzekyl wrote: >> >> >> How to get current dir (complete path) in Matlab? >> /current dir/path in command window; >> >> /function saveas(figure_handle, file_name, 'emf'); >> saves files to "c:\matlab\work" >> although I've set my work directory to "c:\prj". >> >> >> > > help pwd ...

Web resources about - how to get started at matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Can't Stop This Thing We Started - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Can't Stop This Thing We Started " is a song by Canadian singer and songwriter Bryan Adams . The song was written by Adams and Robert John ...

Facebook On Advertising, Monetization During 3Q Earnings Call: We’re Just Getting Started
A common theme during Facebook’s third-quarter earnings call Tuesday was the fact that many of the social network’s monetization efforts launched ...

Almost finished with the first building. So let’s get started on another!
A little more than a year ago, we announced that Altoona would be the home for our newest data center. Since then, more than 460 people, mostly ...

Getting Started with the Facebook SDK for Android v3.0 - Facebook-Entwickler
%FB(devsite:image &#123;&quot;src&quot;: &quot;[asset:469109233122209]&quot;, &quot;width&quot;:136,...

Facebook Exchange: what it is and who to work with to get started
... they did not reply to our requests for information. AdRoll Self-serve software or managed services? Both. Minimum spend or cost to get started? ...

tonyhaile.com - Revolutions Started, Alligators Wrestled, Uprisings Quelled
I should say this is a story about an expedition, a grand adventure, a test of human endurance. I should say that. This is a story about failure. ...

Getting started with login verificati
... whose accounts have been compromised... Skip to main content Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs Getting started ...

iPhone 7 rumours have started already with facial recognition log-in
Of course, this won&#39;t come as a complete surprise to the biometrics industry as it has been predicted for some time and no doubt Samsung ...

How do I get started in angel investing?
Answer (1 of 9): For dealflow, check out Y Combinator and the other incubators that are popping up all over the world. Also check out AngelList. For ...

Twist and Go - Everything you need to get started on a scooter on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Twist and Go - Everything you need to get started on a scooter. ...