How to get the square root sign inside a xlabel?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello
A am having difficulties putting the square root sign inside
a xlabel, the greek symbols a working though. What am i
doing wrong? I sure it can be done!?

figure
plot(xData,yData,'*'),
ylabel('\Delta\theta','HorizontalAlignment','center','FontSize',13),
xlabel(' \square{f}','FontSize',13)

The \Delta\theta sign works great (however it would be nice
to have horisontal text), but i cannot figure out how to get
square sign inside the figure, Matlab just replies: Warning:
Unable to
interpret TeX string
"\square{f}"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
Reply larsve.nospam (8) 3/9/2008 10:45:10 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Lars Olav Vestland" <larsve.nospam@mathworks.com> wrote in
message <fr1p9m$ekn$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello
> A am having difficulties putting the square root sign
inside
> a xlabel, the greek symbols a working though. What am i
> doing wrong? I sure it can be done!?
>
> figure
> plot(xData,yData,'*'),
> ylabel
('\Delta\theta','HorizontalAlignment','center','FontSize',13
),
> xlabel(' \square{f}','FontSize',13)
>

> The \Delta\theta sign works great (however it would be
nice
> to have horisontal text), but i cannot figure out how to
get
> square sign inside the figure, Matlab just replies:
Warning:
> Unable to
> interpret TeX string
> "\square{f}"
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this

xlabel('$$\sqrt{f}$$','Interpreter','latex','FontSize',13)

hth

Yi

0
Reply y.cao (356) 3/9/2008 10:58:03 PM

> Try this
>
> xlabel('$$\sqrt{f}$$','Interpreter','latex','FontSize',13)
>
> hth
>
> Yi

Oh, sweet its works perfect.

Thanks a bunch Yi!
0
Reply larsve.nospam (8) 3/9/2008 11:08:02 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to get the square root sign inside a xlabel? #2
Hello A am having difficulties putting the square root sign inside a xlabel, the greek symbols a working though. What am i doing wrong? I sure it can be done!? figure plot(xData,yData,'*'), ylabel('\Delta\theta','HorizontalAlignment','center','FontSize',13), xlabel(' \square{f}','FontSize',13) The \Delta\theta sign works great (however it would be nice to have horisontal text), but i cannot figure out how to get square sign inside the figure, Matlab just replies: Warning: Unable to interpret TeX string "\square{f}" Any help ...

How to get all roots of a square root?
For example. Matlab returns 0+1.0000i for >> sqrt(-1) what should I do if I want to get both 0+1.0000i and 0-1.0000i? Thanks a lot! On 3/4/2012 8:50 PM, Yuheng wrote: > For example. > > Matlab returns 0+1.0000i for > >>> sqrt(-1) > > what should I do if I want to get both 0+1.0000i and 0-1.0000i? > > Thanks a lot! by convention, most programs return the positive extraction of the root. (this is called the principal root). sqrt(4) gives 2, not 2 AND -2 even though both are valid square roots for the number 4. I do not know right now how t...

Square root of a square
Hi all, Mathematica evaluates FullSimplify[Sqrt[x^2]] to Sqrt[x^2], while it tells me that FullSimplify[Sqrt[x^2] == x] is True. Are these the expected answers? -- m FullSimplify[Sqrt[x^2] == x] True This is wrong since for real x, Sqrt is always non-negative and x could be = negative. x = -3; Sqrt[x^2] == x False Bob Hanlon ---- "Mariano Su=C3=A1rez-Alvarez" <mariano.suarezalvarez@gmail.com> wrote:= ============= Hi all, Mathematica evaluates FullSimplify[Sqrt[x^2]] to Sqrt[x^2], while it tells me that FullSimplify[Sqrt[x^2] == x...

Getting a % sign inside a \url{...} ?
I need a footnote with a URL containing a % sign; if I use "\footnote{\url{...%20...}}", LaTeX complains ! File ended while scanning use of \@footnotetext. and if I use \footnote{\url{...\%20...}} I get "\%20" instead of "%20" in the typeset output. What's the magic formula to make this work? (I can't use \verb in \footnote, and I like the way \url breaks long arguments.) -- It is probable that television drama of high caliber and produced by first-rate artists will materially raise the level of dramatic taste of the nation. (David Sarnoff, ...

How do I get my python program to get the root password ?
I want to make a python program that I can run as a normal user that changes the permission on some device files. It will need to ask me for the root password and then run chown as root in order to do this. How do I accomplish this (easily) ? Thanks On 2009-01-24, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@gmail.com> wrote: > I want to make a python program that I can run as a normal > user that changes the permission on some device files. It > will need to ask me for the root password and then run chown > as root in order to do this. > > How do I accomplish this (easily) ? The...

Apparantly a rich pig. He gets a % of the artists who get signed.
> Naked Gonad <bodro...@yahoo.co.uk> clouded the waters of pure thought with:> On Apr 19, 4:44 pm, =A7=F1=FChw=A4=A3f <snuhw...@netscape.net> wrote: > > > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:02:07 -0700 (PDT) > > > Naked Gonad <bodro...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > > > > Tell the truth now! > > > > Gonad > > > Simple Simon...guy on that american ilde show... > > Yeh, Simon is a pig. > Apparantly a rich pig. He gets a % of the artists who get signed. > --www.defenders.org Can't argue with that. Gonad On ...

square root
How can I find the square root of a large number which is well outside the range of longint ? Rex wrote: > How can I find the square root of a large number which is well outside > the range of longint ? > Hmmm... I don't think reals or doubles can hold the square root of an int64/qword. Perhaps grab a bignum library? -- The science of economics is the cleverest proof of free will yet constructed. Eli Gottlieb a �crit: > Rex wrote: > >> How can I find the square root of a large number which is well outside >> the range of longint ? >> > Hmmm.....

Root is root no more
Hi All, Has anyone had this problem, and If so any ideas what happened. I was asked to add three users to a Solaris 9 server, these users were to have uid of o(root) as they were the accounts these users were to use if they required root access. No problem I thought, and copy and pasted the root entry three times into the passwd file, changed the user name cchsu etc, cchsu being the first root uid account. pwconv'd the file, added the passwd for these accounts, changed the $HOME and though no more about it. This morning I come in, logged in as root, and was checking some file and notic...

Square root?
What library gives me sqrt? Ray Reeves rayreeves wrote: > What library gives me sqrt? irb(main):001:0> Math.sqrt(2) => 1.4142135623731 rayreeves wrote: >>> What library gives me sqrt? >> >> irb(main):001:0> Math.sqrt(2) >> => 1.4142135623731 > > Much obliged for your attention. As you can tell I am new to Ruby. > Your tip works ok but I am not sure what I am doing, I thought I > would have to 'require alibrary'. What I need now is 'floor' and > that doesn't seem to be a Math method. Some modules, like Math, ar...

Get Relaxed and Get free Heritage passes ---Sign Up is must
Visit the link below: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2863058-10437698 To get Relaxed Visit the link: http://anujbatta.blogspot.com ...

Apparantly a rich pig. He gets a % of the artists who get signed. #2
> Naked Gonad <bodro...@yahoo.co.uk> clouded the waters of pure thought with:> On Apr 19, 4:44 pm, =A7=F1=FChw=A4=A3f <snuhw...@netscape.net> wrote: > > > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:02:07 -0700 (PDT) > > > Naked Gonad <bodro...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > > > > Tell the truth now! > > > > Gonad > > > Simple Simon...guy on that american ilde show... > > Yeh, Simon is a pig. > Apparantly a rich pig. He gets a % of the artists who get signed. > --www.defenders.org Can't argue with that. Gonad ...

Square Root
Is there a way to get an accurate square root? This means that a negative number should return the appropriate complex number. I have been having some trouble with this in a program that solves quadratic equations recently. Ideally but not necessarily it should be able to get the square root of complex numbers as well. NB Neither -2**0.5 or Math::sqrt(-2) return appropriate answers. (-2 and an error respectively) Thanks in advance. Hello Angus, 2010/5/29 Angus Hammond <angushammond@hotmail.co.uk>: > Is there a way to get an accurate square root? > This means tha...

gets gets
I'm a little surprised at this. In irb, I tried puts gets gets. Why? I don't know. but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! myString = gets gets puts myString On Mar 26, 2007, at 3:17 AM, John Joyce wrote: > I'm a little surprised at this. > In irb, I tried puts gets gets. > Why? I don't know. > but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! > myString = gets gets > puts myString It's not surprising at all. First, let's insert the parentheses so we can see it as Ruby does: puts(gets(gets())) Now we see th...

Get Relaxed and Get free Heritage passes ---Sign Up is must
Visit the link below: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2863058-10437698 To get Relaxed Visit the link: http://anujbatta.blogspot.com ...

Square Root
I need to calculate the roots of a quadratic equation by formula.But how do I use the math.sqrt thing? f2prateek wrote: > I need to calculate the roots of a quadratic equation by formula.But > how do I use the math.sqrt thing? Do a google search on java math.sqrt The first link will give you the class definition which you can use. Basically, this should be in the comp.lang.java.help newsgroup as it is pretty much rank beginner stuff, and that group is more for people just getting started with java. However, giving you the fish as well as teaching you to fish, code like: double a, ...

Square root
What is the method of finding the square root of a number? f2prateek wrote: > What is the method of finding the square root of a number? java.lang.Math.sqrt() f2prateek wrote: > What is the method of finding the square root of a number? > Here's one, that takes me back to high school: http://www.qnet.fi/abehr/Achim/Calculators_SquareRoots.html J. David Boyd wrote: > f2prateek wrote: >> What is the method of finding the square root of a number? >> > > Here's one, that takes me back to high school: > > http://www.qnet.fi/abehr/Achim/Calcul...

square root
Could someone tell me roughly how long the square root of a 32 bit floating point takes? (i.e. how many processor cycles) I'm trying to figure out how fast I can make a program that ray-traces a bunch of spheres. I think the slowest part of the process is the square root (for solving the quadratic of the ray/sphere intersection), but I'm not sure. Thanks. Whatever algorithm you find, the fastest is NOT to take any square root. In most cases you use the square root to compute a distance and then compare it to something: r = sqrt(x^2+y^2+z^2) if r>d then you can do the same ...

square root
Hii, Can anybody suggest some good algorithms to find square root of an integer(e.g 8bit) to its nearest integer(4bit) (e.g root(65<=n<=80)=8)?Is it possible to have square root(of 8bit integer)in fully combinational manner?I need any sloution other than lookup table or ROM or Karnaugh map based solution.I appreciate any help , Thanks, snehashis "snehashis" <snehashis_iitkgp@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:0b72b78c38d90ce65410ce941394039b@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com... > Hii, > Can anybody suggest so...

Zend: How to get POST/GET/Session variables inside a PHP module ?
Hi, Can we get the POST/GET variables directly in a PHP module ? Do the Zend API provide this functionality ? Same question for the Session... Of course a solution is to pass it as a parameter: dl("mymod.so"); mymod_foo($_POST); But I am curious if we can access it directly from the module (in C/C++) or not, as I was doing this in a ASP (COM) extension. Mickael. ...

Earn $24.00 per Sign-Up!...Get Paided on all FREE MEMBERS!....{Sign-Up FREE}
Earn $24.00 per Sign-Up!...Get Paided on all FREE MEMBERS!....{Sign-Up FREE} http://tinyurl.com/3eybq2t Earn $24.00 per Sign-Up!...Get Paided on all FREE MEMBERS!....{Sign-Up FREE} http://tinyurl.com/3eybq2t Earn $24.00 per Sign-Up!...Get Paided on all FREE MEMBERS!....{Sign-Up FREE} http://tinyurl.com/3eybq2t ...

multiplot, alignment and square ratio : anyway to get the actual size after a set size square ?
Hi, I'm trying to use gnuplot to plot a 2D spectrum with its projections. My problem is that I'd like to have the 2D contour plot in square ratio but then I cannot properly align the projections since I don't know what the actual size used by gnuplot is!!! For more details, here is how I proceed : First, I splot the 2D spectrum in contour mode. I save the contour drawing with the table terminal as proposed in another post, to be able to align the 2D plot with the projections. # I set margins to 0 to align borders set rmargin 0 set lmargin 0 set tmargin 0 set...

apt-get install as root or su -c 'apt-get install' as user
apt-get install needs to be executed as root. What is the difference regarding security of my computer of the both possibilities? Tilo On 2008-01-12, Tilo Baumann <2007@eene.mine.nu> wrote: > > > > apt-get install needs to be executed as root. > > What is the difference regarding security of my computer of the both > possibilities? > When you use su -c or sudo, root privileges are dropped as soon as the command is complete. /var/log/auth.log shows what command was executed, instead of just showing when someone logged in as root. O...

root X clients from ssh -X ...su root shell get "wrong authentication" error
[openssh-3.5p1, SuSE Linux 8.2] I use: ssh -X -l george remotehost to connect to a remote machine where I need to work. X clients work fine. But when I "su" to root and try to run emacs, I get: 3901: X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication. Connection lost to X server `localhost:11.0' What's the best way to deal with this? I can do "xhost +" on my local machine, but that's grossly insecure... Is there some command I can run on the remote machine that will extend the X authentication to my root login? -- George George Young <gr...

Getting this error Document root element"taglib", must match DOCTYPE root "null"
I have a webapplication up and running on Iplanet webserver 6.0 then i moved my application to Sun one webserver 6.1. I am getting this error on server start up. I am using struts1.1 in the application. can any body know the reasion and fix for the above error mail to seshu_madala@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance -- Message posted via http://www.javakb.com ...