how to handle multilple return values from a matlab function in java (using JA builder)

Hi, I wanted to know how to handle multilple return values from a
matlab function in java using JA builder, thanks, best regards Fahad
0
sfahad46 (1)

Fahad,

Wrap each return value into a java object and then pass them into any java method should do the trick.

Ed.
0
ekyu88 (83)

Java program using Matlab JA Builder can not find matlab libraries
Hi all: We are trying to run a java program calling Matlab. When we run our program, we get the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to find the library libmwmclmcrrt.7.10.dylib, required by MATLAB Builder JA, on java.library.path Therefore we proceed and add the following VM argument: -Djava.library.path=/Applications/MATLAB_R2009a.app/bin/maci/ Now we get a different error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.LinkageError: dlopen (/Applications/MATLAB_R2009a.app/bin/maci/libnativemcl.jnilib, 9): Library not loaded: libt...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

Using JA Builder on function that uses Java
When I compile my project using JA Builder in Matlab 2009a, I get the following error "Unable to determine function name or input/output argument count for function in M-file .../myscript.m" the simplest myscript.m that produces this error is javaaddpath . import MyClass So, my question is -- is it possible to compile m-scripts that dynamically load Java classes? ...

matlabrc error after building java component using Matlab Builder JA
I am new to using Matlab Builder JA toolbox. I tried to learn using it by running sample java applications from its help. I implemented the procedure given in its help, builded the java component and then compiled it in command prompt without any error. But when I tried to run the application using java command in command prompt i get an error: ??? Undefined function or variable 'matlabrc'. Exception: com.mathworks.toolbox.javabuilder.MWException : An error occured while initializing the component. I got the same error even for the running the spectral analysis example but before...

Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to call matlab from java (in windows), but not by calling the java code from matlab. I want to use a different JVM than the one matlab uses. In linux it is simple since I can use input/output redirection, is there a way to do this in windows (I have matlab 5.3, pretty old version). Thanks a lot, Nili. ...

trying to get matlab java builder to return a java object
hi all, I'm trying out matlab java builder, one of the things I'm trying is to compile a matlab function that returns a java object, and call that function from a java app. So Matlab function -> calls java function -> returns java object another java function -> calls matlab function -> gets back ? i.e. is this possible and if so, how do i extract the object from the returned MWArray object. Thanks! Nick Nick, This is possible in R2007a. Your code would look as follows: <m-code> function x = foo x = java.lang.String('hello'); <java code> Foo f = new Foo(); Object[] r = f.foo(1); MWJavaObjectRef j = (MWJavaObjectRef)r[0]; String x = (String)j.get(); - Rachel Schiff <nicholas.choo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174055452.976379.171620@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > hi all, > I'm trying out matlab java builder, one of the things I'm trying is to > compile a matlab function that returns a java object, and call that > function from a java app. So > > Matlab function -> calls java function -> returns java object > another java function -> calls matlab function -> gets back ? i.e. is > this possible and if so, how do i extract the object from the returned > MWArray object. Thanks! > Nick > ...

Call a Matlab function from Java running in matlab.
Hi guys. I really apologize for asking this question, since I'm sure it is either basic or not possible, but I have been reading through the documentation and can't seem to figure this out, since the examples look like they just send and receive variables from the Java methods. Could anyone give me a short example of how to call a method from a Java object that causes some sort of action to be performed in MATLAB? For example, I would like to: 1) make a new object of MyClass from MATLAB called MyObject. 2) run MyObject.DoSomethingInMatlab() 3) have a statement in DoSomethingInMatlab...

Using Matlab functions in Java
I have a simulation that is written in Java. In this simulation I need to use a function from the Optimization toolbox of Matlab. I was wondering if there is a way to invoke Matlab funcitons in java? From reading Matlab documentation the best way I have found is using web services in Matlab. But that requires significant time to be spent to create the interface. I was wondering if there is an easier solution? Thanks, Pedram Hi Pedram, How about JNI <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/> nd compiler? If you need C/Fortran code directly (to avoid the compiler) you can con...

Compiling Matlab Function with mcc to use in other versions of Matlab
I am new to using mcc, mbuild, and mex - I'm attempting to use these to compile a function in matlab into a dll or exe so that I can re-use it in Matlab just as if it was still an m file. First, I wanted to verify that the code works, and I have received a demo license of the Matlab Compiler to test. As a simple example I've written the following function: function [output_var] = this_is_a_test(input_var) output_var = input_var*2; return I've tried multiple combinations of the mcc call in attempts to compile this function, some compile, some don't. First I tried this call: m...

How to handle global variables in Matlab script file using Matlab Compiler?
Dear All: I am trying to using Matlab Compiler 4.0 to make our Matlab application to a Stand-Alone application. But I meet one problem, that is in our Matlab program we used a script file to call several functions, so this script file works as a main interface file. And we need declare few global variables to perform some functions. But as you know, the compiler can not work with Matlab script file, but if I put my Matlab script file into a function, it seems the global variables not work any more. Does anyone know how to handle this problems? Thanks so much for your help! Thanks ..............

How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab?
How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab? Maybe it is not a good question but the situation is that I have got a MatlabR2008b on my laptop but the PCs of the university got only MatlabR2007b. I just want to use one particular function in the MatlabR2008b on the university machine. How can I do that? Just copy the toolbox? Or can I build the function as a .dll? Thanks! p.s: Of course I can not persuade the university to buy one MatlabR2008... I am also not the administrator; thus, I can not setup my MatlabR2008 on the university machine even I got th...

Compilation Error using Java builder for Matlab
Hello, I was trying to compile a matlab function stored in an m-file to a java class, following exactly the steps given in the help section. I have tried both my own functions as well as the example with the 'magicsquares' class given in the help section. However, the following message is displayed in the deploy tool output box: Build output( 2009-01-25 10:15:27). mcc -F 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007b\javabuilder_examples\Untitled1.prj' mcc -W 'java:Untitled1,Untitled1class' -d 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007b\javabuilder_examples\Untitled1\src' -T 'lin...

JA Builder, run Matlab code in java
I have written an application in Matlab and compiled it into Java code using the JA builder. I'm really stuck from here as to how to integrate it into my application. How do I handle data type conversion, call the functions, etc. The algorithm that I wrote in Matlab is for image processing, how can I pass a java buffered image to that function? "Rebecca" wrote in message <ihpamb$acv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have written an application in Matlab and compiled it into Java code using the JA builder. I'm really stuck from here as to how to integrate it into my ...

Get a result from Matlab to Java (Call Matlab from JAVA
Hi all, I am having trouble getting the return value from matlab to JAVA. I have tried Kamin Whitehouse 's code(matlabcontrol.java) and get working for eval and feval, but having trouble using blockingFeval function which returnts the value of matlab. The problem I am having is it returns some value valid only in matlab workspace and when I play around with the return value in matlab, it works fine but in Java program it is just junk data. I corresponded with Kamin and he thinks that jmi.jar has been changed since he developed the class. The matlab library now returns the handle of t...

the value initial problem while using matlab embedded function
take a simple controller for example, I wrote the embedded matlab function like followings: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% function y = fcn(p_actual, p_desired, v_actual) % p_actual: the actual position % p_desired: the desired position % v_actual: the actual velocity % actual velocity v_actual = (p_actual - p_last) *1000; %store the actual position for the next step p_last = p_actual; %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% in C/C++, I can initialize this p_last to zero before using it, but how to do it in matlab embedded functions? Thanks. Sorry, I made a mistake when calling ...

How to notify Matlab about Java object change in Matlab Java Interface?
Hello, Does anybody has any idea how to update Matlab function about Java object change ? It could be done by polling: while JavaObj.getValue()=='not done yet' pause(1); end But polling is evil. There should be more elegant way to do this job ... I've checked 'Matlab Java Interface' docs : http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f6671.html , but found nothing on the subject :( Thanks in advance for your help, Could you use javacomponent to set up the object, and set a callback to repond to the changed value? On Apr 21, 5:44=A0pm, &...

Using the GINPUT function in compiled matlab function
Hi all I have a stand alone matlab function that working with a.net window form. The matlab function gets from the .net data and plots it in the matlab figure. After call to the matlab compiled function I will have two open windows: 1) matlab figure with the plotted data 2) the .net form window My problem occurs when I�m trying to use the GINPUT matlab function. When I�m calling to the GINPUT method and press on the .NET Form before select any points on the graph then I can�t go back to the matlab figure(I get a busy mouse even the matlab figure became the active window), I think this proble...

Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code? #2
Hello, I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't found anything. Thanks very much On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:24:01 -0400, Thomas Dickinson <geoffrey.seaborn@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab > function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my > function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have > Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. > > I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using > native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, > so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, > and haven't found anything. > > Thanks very much You cuold try GUNZIP, which the doc says 'uncompresses GNU zip files', not sure if this is the same as zlib though. On May 5, 12:24=A0pm, "Thomas Dickinson" ...

Matlab comiler and simple matlab function
I am trying to create an exe from a matlab function which doubles the number you give it. matlab function: test.m function [output] = test (number) %return double the input number output = 2*number; disp(output); run matlab compiler at command line with: mcc -mv test.m with the resulting exe: test.exe However when I run it at DOS prompt: test 1 I am returned a value of 98. I thought that maybe this was some octal description of the output, but 98 oct is not 2 decimal. Some other results it returned: C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\lighttrans\Frank Work \test...

shutdown matlab.exe when matlab is not in use
Hi, I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starting automatically each time my computer starts. I have Windows XP operating system. I have matlab 6.5. Thanks. Fenisol3 puffy_blake wrote: > Hi, > I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically > and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my > computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starti...

Using Java in Matlab
Hi, I'm trying to use Java within Matlab to read in a text file line by line, parse each line (which represent rows of data), and enter it into a Matlab array. This means that I have to loop through the entire file, inserting each line as appropriate. Unfortunately, Matlab seems to be having trouble reusing java variable while in a while loop. My code: function dataTest(file) import java.io.*; import java.lang.*; FileReader reader = null; BufferedReader in = null; String line = in.readLine(); tokens = split(line, '\s'); while(line ~= null){ ...

Matlab Builder for Java?
Some time ago I came across a Matlab Webinar titled :"Deployment of Matlab Applications to C/C++ COM and Java" where mention was made about the "Matlab Builder for Java" product (or option?). If I got it right this Builder would be something to appear in a following release of the Matlab Builder (formerly Compiler). So, the question is: where is it? Is it included in R14? Is it a dead project? It would be great if someone from TMW could share some info on this subject.. Apparently many people's projects could be simplified if this product was available (or was to become...

MATLAB JA builder
Dear Guys, Greetings!!! I was trying to build Java Package using MATLAB JA builder; at the end MATLAB Build Failed... the error is... "The system cannot find the path specified Error: An error occurred while shelling out to javac (error code = 1) Unable to build executable" Please help me to fix this error; your help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance --Ramas ...

MATLAB Builder for Java

Web resources about - how to handle multilple return values from a matlab function in java (using JA builder) - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Hook and Eye Clasps
hook and eye clasps, Kim Fox, Handfast

MD 'on track' to curb greenhouse gases - Baltimore Sun
Maryland is on track to reduce climate-altering greenhouse gases 25 percent by the end of the decade, according to a state environmental official.In ...

50 Great Movies That Were Nominated For Zero Oscars
“Tron: Legacy.” “Salt.” “Real Steel.” “Rio.” “Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.” “Ted.” “Prometheus.” “Star Trek Into Darkness.” “Despicable Me ...

Epic Games sells minority interest to Tencent
... a ton of cash (technically speaking). Epic will continue to "operate independently and seek to further expand its game franchises across multilple ...

Article Advertising Tips That Anyone Can Follow.
Even if you think you know everything concerning article syndication, new techniques and tips emerge constantly. Regardless of whether you’re ...

Links to collections of phrases in various languges
Links to websites containing useful phrases in many different languages.

Multilple origins of life on earth
Multilple origins of life on earth in Biology is being discussed at Physics Forums

> RICOH GH 3 Adapter
The GH-3 Adapter allows GR photographers to attach multilple different accessories including filters, hoods and the wide angle adapter.&amp;nbsp; ...

Complimentary Image Hosting and additionally Photo Sharing
Unlimited free shot hosting - Not any join required!. You could possibly share your photos instantly!

backstreet ruby backstreet ruby
Home News Download Links Mailing list Projects Multiseat Gentleman's Kit faketty xicorun xke xdevice xsendkey Backstreet Ruby News Download ...