how to install Genetic Algortihm Toolbox that comes with matlab r14 sp3 to matlab r14 sp1 ?

Hi, i need a brief explanation how i can install the GA Toolbox of
r14 Sp3 version to r14 sp1 version, thnx in advance
0
kkirtac (25)

Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?
I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system. When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message: I18N Runtime warning: Missing ICU data file detected while processing $(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH). Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or installation. When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an ICU related .dat file. Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning? Thanks. ...

installation matlab r14
I've tried to install matlab r14 on windows xp-home-service-pack-2 platform, but the installation stops at the initial windows and it doesn't work at all. Even if I push the "install" button it doesn't continue. Thank You for an answer. ...

matlab 7.1 r14 sp3 install warning..
I recently installed the latest matlab (sp3) on a linux x86_64 platform. Everything seems to work fine except when we run matlab we receive the following warning on the command line. Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory: /usr/local/matlab7p3/toolbox/simulink/simdemos/simfeatures/mdlref. Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory: /usr/local/matlab7p3/toolbox/simulink/simdemos/simnew. I did verify that they don't exist in sp3 and do in the sp2 installation. Should I do something with the path.m or pathdef.m files? Can I just ignore this? if so is there a way to get rid o...

Problems with Matlab 6.5.1 R13 to Matlab 7 R14
I've written a GUI, with text in it. When I open it with Matlab 6.5.1 R13 there are no problems to show the full text for Matlab. But when I try it with Matlab 7 R14 the text is shown incomplete. This is because Matlab 7 prints the font bigger than Matlab 6.5.1... Is there a font, which is in the same size in Matlab 7 R14 AND Matlab 6.5.1 R13? Thanks ...

problems with code to convert ncs file in matlab under Matlab R14(2004)
Hello to everyone, Ill try to run Nlx2MatCSC ( a code from neuralynx than convert continuous file to matlab variables) in Matlab R14 (2004), and it doesn't work: When I type: >> [Timestamp, ChanNum, SampleFrequency, NumValSamples, Samples] = Nlx2MatCSC(Filename, [1 1 1 1 1], 0, 3, [0 4 9]); ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT Nlx2MatCSC as a function. I heard that this code is running in Matlab 2007a and newer, but...what about this old version? Any help, Cheers ...

Maple Toolbox for Matlab vs. Matlab Symbolic Toolbox?
What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic Math Toolbox? I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? In article <p9qdncFk5e7VVlHanZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@comcast.com>, Zeke Zeng <zzeng2@comcast.net> wrote: >What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic >Math Toolbox? >I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the >latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? No, the Maple toolbox is m...

Matlab 7.0.4.352 (R14) crashes when opening MATLAB Help
Hi people, I'm having a problem with Matlab (R14). The thing is that I execute Matlab normally in command line: > matlab, but when I try to open the MATLAB Help or another option from menu that shows up in an additional window, matlab crashes. Anyone could help me? Thank you, Talita ...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Matlab script in LV6.1 built app fails after upgrade to Matlab 7 (R14).
The LV6.1 built app, running under LV6.1 runtime, successfully invokes Matlab script server, R13. After Matlab upgrade to R14, the script server fails to activate. Use of the newest matscript.dll download is not a satisfactory solution, since it fails on systems still running Matlab R13. Is there a universal fix for this problem? I have already checked the related postings. Hey Joxyl! I think the reason why we are not able to do this on R14 is because Mathworks has modified its ActiveX interface -- I dont know if NI has a fix for it yet, but probably the way to go would be to use the previous...

Problems Installing Matlab R14
Hello! I'm trying to install Matlab 7 R14 on Windows XP 32 bits SP2, but when the CD starts to load the installer, I get an installer error: Error finding installer class. An exception occurred while looking for class. I really don't know what to do; please somebody help me! Thank you. Is this the student version you are trying to install ? I seem to vagualy remember seeing a mathworks technote regarding this problem on the website, just have a search for it. I do believe it is a known problem and there is a solution to it. Post aanother notice if you can't...

Matlab R14 SP1 bugs
Still some bugs, anyone know any workaround or fixes for these? 1) Uibuttongroup created by the GUIDE does not produce the callback for SelectionChangeFcn. after I add it myself and add a break point the callback is never called when I change the radiobutton selection. ps. the uicontrol example that GUIDE offers does have the correct functionality and have tried to recreate from scratch myself without success... 2) MS Sans Serif,8pt used as the default uicontrol font does not render properly on my XP machine. How can I change the default font? Haven't reported either to TMW, as on Uni...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

Can I install some toolboxes of Matlab 7.1 service pack in Matlab 7.2
In our laboratory we have one license of Matlab 7.1 service pack (with all tool boxes). Recently, we are not using Matlab 7.1 instead we are using Matlab 7.2. This version of Matlab 7.2 is a new license but we bought only few essential toolboxes like control system toolbox etc. However, recently we need to use Statistics toolbox for some design. Therefore, we have to use two versions of Matlab (i.e. both 7.2 and 7.1) which is inconvenient and time consuming. I would like to know: 1. Is it possible to install the statistics toolbox of Matlab 7.1 service pack in Matlab 7.2 ? 2. If possible, wh...

Cannot Print in Matlab 2006b (or R14 SP3)
Hi, I am unable to print from Matlab 2006b (I have a similar problem in R14SP3, which I have installed in the same machine). I'm runnind Debian/Sid (and CUPS), and when I try to print using printdlg, I get (in R14SP3): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: services must be non-null and non-empty at javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.page.export.printdlg.Printdlg.setVisible(Printdlg.java:435) I've attached at the bottom of the message what I get from using File -> Print. Matlab 2006b doesn't print either, but only popups a 'there are no pr...

Another Matlab R14 SP1 Bug
forgot to add this bug... S=uiimport('-pastespecial') produces an empty double rather than a struct filled with my data. having to use the old 6.5.1 version as a workaround... ...

Matlab R14 SP3
Hi everyone, have had trouble with this small section of code for a while now. ------------------------------ Lot of code before rotm=[cos(theta),sin(theta); -sin(theta),cos(theta)]; xy=xy'; xynew=rotm*xy; (Code crashes on this line) Lot of code after ------------------------------- Initially thought it was due to the size of xy (about 2x500,000). Reducing the size to 2x100 didn't help. Here's the error that I get... ---------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Segmentation violation detected at Wed Sep 27 11:43:26 2006 -----------------...

The matlab R14 program closes after installation
We installed Matlab R14 version 7.0 on a Windows XP PC machine. After installation is completed sucessfully the software closes right after I double click the executable icon. Have you identified this problem with other users? Is there any receipt to fix that? I appreciate any help. Best regards, Antonio tonhodoido2000-m@yahoo.com.br ...

Do MATLAB Component Runtime come with Matlab Engine?
Hi, I have a MATLAB Component Runtime installation for Matlab v7.2. 1) I want to know if this installation contains Matlab Engine? 2) Or do I need the complete package that contains Matlab IDE also. 3) In this installation it does not have Matlab.exe. 4) Now I want to use API calls available in Matlab to call functions COHERE used to find Coherence and TFE to calculate Transfer function are needed. These functions are available in the MATLAB SP toolbox) The operations required are: 1) I have to call and/or initialize MATLAB from windows form created using C#. 2) Then pass the two array...

running matlab program without having matlab installed?
Hello; I have Matlab student version, but it comes without the matlab compiler. For some reason Mathworks decided that students do not need Matlab compiler. A student can't even buy the compiler as an add-on. Not allowed. Then how would be it be possible for me to have my matlab programs run by someone else who does not have matlab on their system? Mathematica has a free player which allows one to run someone else's Mathematica code without having Mathematica installed. See Mathematica demonstration web site. Will Matlab player be available in some future release?...

From Matlab neural network toolbox to matlab code
Hi All, I have been working with neural network toolbox in matlab 7 for the calibration and validation optimization problems. but i wanna to do it with matlab code. is it possible to transform the things that happen in toolbox, training process and adapting outputs get via code.. is there anyone who transform the things happen in toolbox to codes. "murat " <muratt59@gmail.com> wrote in message <iabd8c$8pc$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi All, > > I have been working with neural network toolbox in matlab 7 for the calibration and validation optimization...

Do MATLAB Component Runtime come with Matlab Engine?
Hi, I have a MATLAB Component Runtime installation for Matlab v7.2. 1) I want to know if this installation contains Matlab Engine? 2) Or do I need the complete package that contains Matlab IDE also. 3) In this installation it does not have Matlab.exe. 4) Now I want to use API calls available in Matlab to call functions COHERE used to find Coherence and TFE to calculate Transfe function are needed. These functions are available in the MATLAB S toolbox) The operations required are: 1) I have to call and/or initialize MATLAB from windows form create using C#. 2) Then pass the two a...

MATLAB 6.5 Toolboxes in MATLAB 7
Hi, I'm quite tempted to upgrade my version of MATLAB 6.5 Student version to the latest v7. What I need to know is will the toolboxes that I've purchased for v6.5 will work in v7? Looking at the MATLAB web site, it doesn't seem to have updated the neural network toolbox, which is what I use. So will my current copy work with v7 or will I have to buy a new version? Thanks, Wee-Jin ...

matlab R14 installation pb. with XP SP2
I just tried to install a R14 on a WinXP SP2 PC. The installation went through. But then when I open Matlab command window, the window disappears just before I can see the first message. Even I invoke it with -nojvm, it does not help. Anyone can give me any advice? On 15 Dec 04 10:36:43 -0500 (EST), robert wrote: >I just tried to install a R14 on a WinXP SP2 PC. The installation went >through. But then when I open Matlab command window, the window >disappears just before I can see the first message. Even I invoke it >with -nojvm, it does not help. Anyone can give me any advice...

installation matlab 7 r14 windows pc
I am having problems installing matlab 7 r14 on a windows xp home laptop. The installation splash screen appears, I click install and then next, and then nothing happens. Relevant System specs are 33 GB hard disk space free, 512 MB RAM. I have disabled all antivirus software and spyware software, but still no luck. I have uninstalled the previous version of matlab 6.5 and notice no running background processes in task manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike Do you have nortron GoBack installed? If so, try unabling it first. Then enable again after MATLAB install. For ...

Web resources about - how to install Genetic Algortihm Toolbox that comes with matlab r14 sp3 to matlab r14 sp1 ? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Pack Your Plywood Cuts with Genetic Algortihms
Reading (or writing!) Hackaday, we find that people are often solving problems for us that we didn’t even know that we had. Take [Jack Qiao]’s ...

Ben Kamisar (@bkamisar) on Twitter

Apple shares suffer 'mini-flash crash' on Wall Street
Apple Inc shares tumbled shortly after the start of trading on Monday, briefly suffering their largest price drop in at least three months on ...

Illegibility And Its Anxieties
by Misha Lepetic "I would like to understand things better, but I don't want to understand them perfectly." ~ Douglas Hofstadter, Metamagical ...

FAQ of SEO-G and META-G
This page contains common problems and answers for the SEO-G and META-G modules which were created and currently maintained by Asymmetric Software. ...

How P2P and big data could save the set-top box
... but cable companies’ set-top boxes could end up as their saviors. Thanks to a combination of peer-to-peer networking and big data algortihms, ...

Linea Raises $4 Mln
... the way users share and consume digital photos. With Linea, every uploaded photo frames itself. Drawing data from each photo, Linea’s algortihm ...

Traffic Report: Google Panda 25 Strikes Back
They called it Google Panda update #25, and it was meant to be possibly the last announced update which striked on March 15, 2013, after which ...

OneBoxed-in - ROUGH TYPE
Picking up on a post from Danah Boyd last week, a number of search-news sites are reporting on how Google has stopped including Yahoo and Mapquest ...

Can a Computer Tell Us What Makes Paris Look Like Paris?
Blue and green street signs, tall double-paned windows, balconies enclosed with iron filigree, and a distinct lamppost style: the keys to Parisian ...