How to rotate a GUI object 'axis'..!!

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi, all....

    I am designing a matlab GUI interface, I have a GUI axes object
'axes1'. I have gotten the handle of axes1 by using
'findobj(0,'tag','axes1')'. When I plot a 3d figure in axes1, how to
rotate the axes1 to change my view by using mouse..?? I tried the
following command:

      raoate3d on;
 or
      set(gca,'CameraViewAngleMode','manual')

but any one of above command does not work, I feel strange and
confuse..!!

            curious
0
Reply choumin (13) 1/31/2004 4:21:21 AM

See related articles to this posting

How to rotate a GUI object 'axis'..!!
Hi, all.... I am designing a matlab GUI interface, I have a GUI axes object 'axes1'. I have gotten the handle of axes1 by using 'findobj(0,'tag','axes1')'. When I plot a 3d figure in axes1, how to rotate the axes1 to change my view by using mouse..?? I tried the following command: raoate3d on; or set(gca,'CameraViewAngleMode','manual') but any one of above command does not work, I feel strange and confuse..!! curious ...

How to rotate a GUI object 'axis'..!! #2
Hi, all.... I am designing a matlab GUI interface, I have a GUI axes object 'axes1'. I have gotten the handle of axes1 by using 'findobj(0,'tag','axes1')'. When I plot a 3d figure in axes1, how to rotate the axes1 to change my view by using mouse..?? I tried the following command: rotate3d on; or set(gca,'CameraViewAngleMode','manual') but any one of above command does not work, I feel strange and confuse..!! curious Did you try this? axes(handles.axes2); rotate3d; Works for me! shirley ...

rotate the object in gui
how to make a toggle button to rotate the object in gui axes, which if hit the "rotate" the object will rotate is to the "stop" then the picture will stop spinning. ...

Convert axis and angle of rotation to rotations about X & Y axis'
Here's a fun one for all you experts in angles, rotations, etc. in 3 Dimensions. Basically, I have an axis and angle of rotation. I need to break this down into a rotation about the X axis and a rotation about the Y axis. I believe this is possible without the addition of a rotation about the Z axis as well, but I am not certain. Any hints or solutions would be appreciated. On 13 Dec 2005 16:33:02 -0800, ericgorr@gmail.com wrote: >Basically, I have an axis and angle of rotation. > >I need to break this down into a rotation about the X axis and a >rotation about the Y axis...

Rotating multiple objects about same axis (newbie)
Hi, I've created a solid cylinder which I've given a filled appearance by adding a single gluDisc at each end. I'd like to be able to rotate the entire cylinder about one axis. I already know how to rotate the entire scene by changing the view to projection and calling glRotate: glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glRotatef(0.5f,0.0f,1.0f,0.0f); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); However, I'd like to be able to rotate the cylinder itself so the light and shadow effects are applied to the part of the cylinder in the viewer's line of vision. The code I'm using to create the cylin...

how to rotate a object around arbitary axis
Dear Gurus, In simple words, I want to know how to rotate a object around arbitary axis instead of world coordinate origin. I made following triangle. glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glLoadIdentity(); glBegin(GL_TRIANGLE); glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); // vertex1 glVertex3f(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); // vertex2 glVertex3f(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); // vertex3 glEnd(); I want to rotate the triangle around its centroid. Simply using glRotate3f() command, it rotates around origin, i.e. vertex 1 in this case. I want to rotate the triangle around its centroid. What I tried is as follows glMatrixMode(GL...

How do you animate an object rotating around its own axis?
Hi, I have a box object that is at a slant relative to the world axis. I switch the auto key button on. I hit the add a key button at frame 0. I move to frame 100 and hit the select and rotate button then switch the reference coordinate system to local. I rotate the box about its own local axis. I press play expecting to see the box rotate around its own axis but it doesn't. How can I get it to rotate around its own axis please? that's because yo didn't actually create a key in frame 0. With the "auto key" buton you don't need to use the "add key&quo...

Placing axis where figure is in GUI, satellite rotation
I have a GUI that has a number of figures defined. One of the figures I sometimes place an image with imshow() but I also want to be able to place a surface with the code shown below for the satellite example of 3D plotting. Right now the code opens a separate "figure" and places the surface on it. I want it to place it on my GUI where I have pre-defined figure locations. Is there a way to take the figure's handle from the GUI and create the axes on it? Thanks...Tom ============================ FROM NEWSGROUP==========> % initialize axes a=axes; axis([-4 4 -4 4 -4 4]); axis e...

How to rotate object such that it's axis aligns with eigenvectors'?
Hi, I'm trying to create an ellipsoid whose semi-axes are the same as those of a set of eigenvectors. The length of the semi-axes will be the eigenvalues. In the final application there will be a large number of ellipsoids so it all has to be automated. Each ellipsoid represents the diffusion tensor at that location. My idea was to create the ellipsoid, specifying the semi-axes lengths as the eigenvalues and then rotate it so it's axes align with the eigenvectors. At the moment I'm just trying to align an axis (a group of 3 line objects) with the eigenvectors to get it workin...

How to rotate object such that it's axis aligns with eigenvectors'? #2
Hi, I am trying to create an ellipsoid with it's size and orientation determined by the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a tensor. My idea was to create the ellipsoid with the semi-axes lengths (the eigenvalues) specified and then rotate it so that it's semi-axes align with the eigenvectors. But I can't quite get the axis aligned... Currently I'm just trying to align two sets of axis (group of line objects). I can get the x- OR y-axes aligned leaving the other two axes in the correct plane but short of a rotation to get them aligned. Can't figure out what the final rot...

Can maya 7 rotate the local axis seperate from object tia sal2
Greetings I know I can move the pivot point by pressing the <insert> key but I haven't found a way to rotate the local pivot points in maya 7 is this possible? What I want to do If I could rotate the local pivot points without effecting the object. 1) Create torus with twist deformer 2) delete history 3) rotate pivot point without effecting the torus (change local axis by rotating it ......is this possible?) 4) Create another twist deformer. and it would look like this at least in theory. http://www.onewithall.net/rodin/vortex-in-vortex-out.gif Tia ...

Object Rotation using Image Rotation
I'm trying to rotate a small graphic of an object against a much larger background. I believe that this is precisely what the "rotate" or "imrotate" functions should do. However, the best I've been able to do is have the object "orbit" the center of the figure (i.e. it's orientation actually doesn't change), using this syntax: % Update car positions rot = rot - omega*dt; % Refresh car sprites rotate(veh1,[0,0,1],rot); Where veh1 was created beforehand using this syntax: % Red Car Car1 = imread('red_car.bmp','...

GUI and non-GUI objects in Catalyst
I'm thinking about writing my first Catalyst application, and I'm looking for advice from others more experienced with Catalyst on the best design approach to handle the following. I will have a complicated object (call it "AnObject" for the sake of argument) containing data (including other objects) and methods (including read/ write). I want this object to have a GUI method as an optional way to interact with the data in the object, but I do not want to create a GUI unless it's needed; i.e., creating an instance of AnObject should not by itself automatically cr...

Removing axis values from a GUI axis
How do i remove the numbers around the edges. The axis object displays an image i set it. But it shows the numbers on the axis. (pixel count). How do i remove the axis values so its just the picture. Cheers Anyone? :( Where is imageanalysist when u need him >.< Paul wrote: > How do i remove the numbers around the edges. The axis object displays > an image i set it. But it shows the numbers on the axis. (pixel count). > How do i remove the axis values so its just the picture. Give ytick an empty matrix is one way. That could be via the ytick() command, or ...

(GUI) how to raise an object above all other objects that in the same figure?
Hi everyone,I have a problem about matlab GUI. I've to create a dynamic GUI that contains two objects, named bojectA and objectB. The size of objectB is unsure, varies from case to case. So sometimes objectA will be masked by objectB. But I want to make objectA always in the foreground. Is there any solution? Thanks a lot ...

object oriented GUI / GUI components
Hi all! I would like to set up a GUI in an object oriented fashion. Let's assume I have a figure 'myfig.fig' and the m-file with it's callbacks 'myfig.m'. What I would like to do, is to add let's say a graph, so that the graph is an object in this figure. The graph might have a checkbox, for linear or logarithmic axis display. I would like to have this object totally independent from the figure 'myfig' so that no callbacks specific for this object (axis display!) need to be written into the 'myfig.m' file. The graph would be absolutely reusable, as ...

(GUI) how to raise an object above all other objects that in the same figure? #2
Hi everyone,I have a problem about matlab GUI. I've to create a dynamic GUI that contains two objects, named bojectA and objectB. The size of objectB is unsure, varies from case to case. So sometimes objectA will be masked by objectB. But I want to make objectA always in the foreground. Is there any solution? Thanks a lot > I've to create a dynamic GUI that contains two objects, named bojectA > and objectB. The size of objectB is unsure, varies from case to case. > So sometimes objectA will be masked by objectB. But I want to make > objectA always in the foreground. Is th...

Advanced GUI objects for Matlab GUI application
Hello to everybody! I'm developing a GUI application with Matlab R14 and I'm searching to use some advanced GUI objects. In particular I would like to create a form with a tree structure, like for example the tree structure of the "Contents" right form of the Matlab help. Could anyone suggest me if it is possibile and how to do it? Thank you very much to everybody for any kind of answer. Bye, Alberto. Alberto Paoletti wrote: > > > Hello to everybody! > > I'm developing a GUI application with Matlab R14 and I'm searching > to > use some advanced...

Object Rotation (Positioning) Vs Camera Rotation (Positioning)
Hello eone, Assuming that i want to render a really complex scene (1 million polygons are routine for CFD visualization ), can someone please explain the pros and cons of object rotation (& positioning) vs. camera rotation (& positioning). Please keep in mind that i dont need advice regarding how to perform the rotations (plenty of websites out there for that already), i need help in selecting the correct strategy for a real time app i.e. a user is viewing this and is doing normal viewing transformations like zoom, pan and rotate. Thanks, Add weight. addREMOVETHISweightAtyahoodotcom...

object rotation
I never noticed this before, but why is it that when I rotate an object in the Heading or the Banking in Layout, the object rotates in the opposite direction of my mouse movements. While in the Pitch axis it rotates in the direction of the mouse movement. Is there a reason for this ? Fish http://www.toonafish.nl It doesn't rotatae the wrong way. It rotates in the correct way as if you were facing +z with the object in front of you in world mode, and the correct way in local mode if you are looking from behind the object. Parent mode is dependant on the parents axis of course.. Right ...

[object Object] ?
I get this mysterious [object Object] now and then, and have thought that ok, I understand. But suddenly I do not understand. Why [], why small o, why capital O, what is where and why? Could somebody draw an image causing 'Aha!' ? Is there a deeper meaning in this, like 42? (as a disobeying citizen, I have not read the FAQ thoroughly enough, and have not learnt ECMA-whatever, and have not changed the settings in my computer/programs/ etc to appeal everyone, and have not learn to post, have not learnt to quote, and have not studied with google first everything in the internet to...

rotate axis
Hi there, I got a problem on rotate(), I here make a surface(hsp), then try to rotate that for a certain angle before plot by slice(). However I figured that I could not rotate more than 45 degree in this case. I can make another surface vertical to x-axis, then rotate. Could anyone help me why I could not do it? Thx. [x,y,z] = meshgrid(-2:.2:2,-2:.25:2,-2:.16:2); v = x.*exp(-x.^2-y.^2-z.^2); xslice = 1.2; yslice = []; zslice = []; hsp = surf(linspace(-2,2,21),linspace(-2,2,21),zeros(21)); % center=[0 2 -2]; rotate(hsp,[-1,0,0],-45); xd = get(hsp,'XData'); yd = get(hsp,'YDat...

rotate object
Hello all, could someone enlighten me how would i use the rotate() function to rotate objects into some specific direction vector!? Let's say my vector is [0 0 1], and i want to rotate it into [0.43 -0.46 -0.78]. How would i do that? Huge thanks! toni "Toni " <annihilaatio@yahoo.com> wrote in message <jf1kg1$35s$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > > Hello all, > > could someone enlighten me how would i use the rotate() function to rotate > objects into some specific direction vector!? > Let's say my vector is [0 0 1], and i wan...

object rotation
Hi, I rotated my ellipse as an object for 40 degrees around z-axis. But, that rotated ellipse looks more like a circle than like an original ellipse. Why is that so? What should I do to maintain the original shape? This is the part of the code I used for the rotation : zdir[0 0 1]; point[36 0 0]; rotate[h,zdir,40,point]; h is my ellipse as an object. Thanks a lot, Miriam Miriam Moore wrote: > > > Hi, > > I rotated my ellipse as an object for 40 degrees around z-axis. > But, > that rotated ellipse looks more like a circle than like an original > ellipse. Why is that...

Rotating Objects
Is there a direct (or indirect for that matter) way to model a rotating object? For example, if I had designed an underwater propellor blade and wanted to model its performance, is there a way in MATLAB (or Simulink) to rotate the object about an axis? I realize that you can simply transform into polar coordinates and vary theta, but it is surprisingly complicated in that you are rotating the reference frame while holding the fluid steady, and becomes difficult for analyzing the fluid's response (the ultimate goal). TIA ...