How to rotate a GUI object 'axis'..!!

Hi, all....

    I am designing a matlab GUI interface, I have a GUI axes object
'axes1'. I have gotten the handle of axes1 by using
'findobj(0,'tag','axes1')'. When I plot a 3d figure in axes1, how to
rotate the axes1 to change my view by using mouse..?? I tried the
following command:

      raoate3d on;
 or
      set(gca,'CameraViewAngleMode','manual')

but any one of above command does not work, I feel strange and
confuse..!!

            curious
0
choumin (13)
1/31/2004 4:21:21 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207270 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

US-TX-Austin: Interface Support, Functional/tech exp., C, Business Objects, repo (45290532404)
US-TX-Austin: Interface Support, Functional/tech exp., C, Business Objects, repo (45290532404) ============================================================================================== Position: Interface Support Reference: SMC01130 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y Skills: Functional and technical experience working with relevant software, including programming languages to include one or more of the following: Business Objects, Report Composer, C. Medicaid experience preferred. Scope: Responsible for in...

tracking a rotating object
hi! iam kind of new on image processing as well as using IDL. iam just wondering if anybody has a procedure/algorithm on how to track a rotating object, or if this is already a routine in IDL,possible codes. iam stuck on this problem for quiet sometime now. to be exact iam looking at a cylindrical object rotating in its center. my problem is to construct a theta vs time plot. thank you so much! GOD bless! ...

How to Create Object at Runtime
This is probably simple but it has stumped me. I want to create objects at runtime for example: A program that would allow you to draw lines on a form. For each new line I would like to create a new line object in an array the same way you would a simple variable. if it was just a variable I could dim a(0) as single .. (some code) .. b=ubound(a)+1 redim preserve a(b) as single .. (other code) Is it possible to do this with controls ... say 10 textboxs today 12 tomarrow etc. right now I put a bunch in an array and hide the ones I don't need. Thanks Tom Assuming you have one textb...

PIL rotate : Rotate By Shear / Paeth Rotation?
I've been doing some image rotation with PIL and comparing the images with imagemagick's convert -rotate output. Imagemagick uses an RBS / Paeth rotation algorithm that appears to give better results than PIL's rotate method. However, I love PIL and don't want to have to shell out to imagemagick or use it's python bindings if I can stay with my beloved Python Imaging Library. Has anyone implemented RBS using PIL? Anyone looked at doing it and backed away? ...

Call a Edit text from Edit text in another gui ?
PhatHienLSB.m function PushMo_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) % hObject handle to PushMo (see GCBO) % eventdata reserved - to be defined in a future version of MATLAB % handles structure with handles and user data (see GUIDATA) [filename, pathname] = uigetfile( ... { '*.bmp','BMP (*.bmp)'; ... '*.png','PNG(*.png)'; ... '*.jpg', 'JPG (*.jpg)'; ... '*.*', 'All Files (*.*)'}, ... 'Moi ban chon tep anh'); set(handles.Edit1,'String',[filename,pathname]); TachTin.m function T...

gui AXES not showing in the correct window
I don't know why the GUI axes are not showing the correct image in the axes. When I click browse, it should show on the top left. The first time it show correct, then the second time it show on the bottom right. I use cla reset to clear all the image from axes. How can I fix this, thank you. any help would be great. All files are here: http://download.yousendit.com/93E35A95586666AE //Full source code function varargout = window(varargin) % WINDOW M-file for window.fig % WINDOW, by itself, creates a new WINDOW or raises the existing % singleton*. % % H = WINDOW returns ...

An object-oriented network DBMS from relational DBMS point of view
Shuklin D.E. An object-oriented network DBMS from relational DBMS point of view Naive ORDBMS Lets examine the implementation of an abstract object-oriented DBMS. Lets take the relational DBMS as starting point. Rows in OODB tables will be an object instances. All table's rows will be instances of a class, which are corresponding to the table. Classes will be defined by table headings. In this case table column will conform to the field of the class. The value of the row field will conform to the value of the instance field. This first iteration of the ODBMS development allows us to wor...

Is C++ suitable for GUI programs?
So I've heard that creating GUI programs in C++ is quite difficult. I need to implement JPEG with a GUI to select settings and display the image. We're encouraged to use Visual C++ or Java because they're more suited to multimedia. I'm thinking of using C++ (don't know it yet) cause it's faster but since the GUI is a big part of it and considering how difficult it is... I'm not sure. I do know Java and some C#. Would it be better to create a GUI in C# and have C++ to do the processing? On Jun 24, 8:28=A0am, Raymond <mechia...@gmail.com> wrote: > S...

3d Resources
Hello, I am looking for resources with 3d objects defined by points. For all the platonic solids and other simple objects (convex). Mostly I just need the point coordinates for each objets vertex but edge information is also useful. If someone has the point information for the platonic solids, in particular: Tetrahedron Octahedron Dodecahedron Icosahedron (Cube not necessary since it is already done) Or other relatively simple 3d objects I would apreciate it. Otherwise URL to sites with this kind of information are also useful. Thanks. none wrote: > Hello, I am looking for ...

Rotation
Hi, I am given a set of points in one coordinate system and another set in some other coordinate system. I want to align the two systems to get a rotation that when applied to the second set gives me its representation in the first system. Is there any function that does that? Thanks sharma sharma wrote: > I am given a set of points in one coordinate system and another set > in some other coordinate system. I want to align the two systems to > get a rotation that when applied to the second set gives me its > representation in the first system. PROCRUSTES in the Statistics Toolbo...

java ad rotator
I saw a java script tutorial for an ad rotator on a page: http://www.abiglime.com/webmaster/articles/jscript/021298.htm and changed the code and put it on my page but it's not working. My page is offline but all the references to files are to the files on my C drive so i assume the ad rotator should work. The code has some user-created code in the beginning so that if the person is using an old browser then the java code wont load and he'll just see the GIF that is up there. I'm not even sure if this is nessesary because maybe an old browser would do this automatically, would it? ...

graphic in rotated parbox does not rotate
I put together a template for printing checks, and all went well except when it came to my signature. It should appear on the same line and to the right of the check memoir. Although the signature graphic is located within the rotated parbox, for some reason it does not rotate along with everything else. Here's the markup; I would appreciate criticism beyond my specific question, for I was unable to locate any expert model for printing checks. % Template for printing checks 2007feb12 \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage{times,graphicx,rotating,pslatex} \setlength{\topmargin}{-.75in} ...

Rotating the 3D-body about its own axis
Hi, I have a complicated problem. I have a cylindrical 3D body I can show three dimensional. Now I want to rotate this 3D body in its own axis by a certain degree. This I would like to then control via a slider in Matlab GUI. Problem description: I do not want that rotates the whole picture. I import a cylindrical STL file and plotte the whole thing with the function trisurf. This body I do not want to rotate as a whole image or chart but the body rotate about its own axis at a certain angle. And all I want to then control via slider (with Matlab-GUI) that I give an angle in the text box...

TinyOS and GUI in MATLAB
I am working on a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) using Crossbow IRIS motes. I want to create my own GUI for the same in MATLAB to monitor the pressure sensed by the motes. Please help me out in this as how can I interface MATLAB with TinyOS. Please tell me, how to read the data coming from the base station to the USB Port by MATLAB GUI application. I have learned GUI designing in MATLAB, but I have still not been able to figure out how can I interface it to TinyOS. Please help me out. Thank you so much in advance. Hey, Where you able to read the data coming from the base stati...

given reference to non-const-qualified object, get reference to const-qualified object
/* Two questions: 1) Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do with eep? (Take a reference to a non-const-qualified object and get the reference to the const-qualified object.) 2) Is there a difference between tcConstRefOne and tcConstRefTwo? What is it?? */ template < typename txRef > struct cnEep { typedef const txRef tcConstRefOne; // no warning typedef txRef tcRef; typedef const tcRef tcConstRefTwo; // type qualifiers are meaningless in this declaration }; int main() { typedef cnEep < int & > tfEep; int vfA; // Surprisingly non-const-qualifi...

crontab.rb:117: warning: tried to create Proc object without a block
with crontab.rb:117: i get a warning: tried to create Proc object without a block line 117 being : job = proc if iterator? what could I change to avoid this warning ??? -- une b�vue >>>>> "Y" == Yvon Thoraval <yvonthoraval@free.fr> writes: Y> the file i've found "crontab.rb" is of 2001, may be that's the reason...= yes, svg% ./ruby -ve 'def a() j = proc if iterator?; p j end; a {}' ruby 1.6.8 (2002-12-24) [i686-linux] #<Proc:0xb7cb293c> svg% svg% ./ruby -ve 'def a() j = proc if iterator?; p j end; a {}' r...

Protected Objects
This was not clear to me while reading Barnes' book about protected types. There are two conditions that must be satisfied in order to execute the entry call: no other task accessing the object at the same time and the condition barrier evaluated to TRUE (eggshell, or two level protection model). My question is: which one of these conditions is evaluated first, the access lock or the condition barrier? Thank you all in advance, Hugo On Dec 23, 2:08 pm, hesobreira <herrsobre...@gmail.com> wrote: > This was not clear to me while reading Barnes' book about protected > types...

VectorWise with SAP Business Objects
Gang, Has anyone tried using VectorWise as a source for reporting from SAP Business Objects, including Crystal Reports, Desktop Intelligence, or Web Intelligence? Cheers, Mike leo On May 10, 5:25=A0am, Mikey <mleo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Gang, > > Has anyone tried using VectorWise as a source for reporting from SAP > Business Objects, including Crystal Reports, Desktop Intelligence, or > Web Intelligence? > > Cheers, > > Mike leo Mike, I have run some Web Intelligence against VectorWise (and I don't believe I am the only one who ...

.Net Developer needed for GUI development (45346214409)
..Net Developer needed for GUI development (45346214409) ======================================================= User interface, database connectivity, remote data management, Wireless tech PCUS as well as web content experience desired. ..45346214409. ...

Stop rotation
Hi, I created a callback to rotate "orbit" around an object: function orbit(deg) view(360,45); [az el] = view; rotvec = 0:deg/360:2*deg; for i=1:length(rotvec) view([az+rotvec(i) el]) drawnow set(gca,'CameraViewAngleMode','manual') end 1) The scene was top down view(0,90) originally. The rotation started with view(360,45) for example. How do you stop the rotation and reset the scene back to the original setting (view(0,90)) "permanently"? I noticed it reseted briefly, then continue to rotate. 2) This rotation also affected other separated...

??? How to display IEEE 1394 video in a GUI ???
Hello all, I found the following visual basic 6.0 source code on the web for displaying web cam video in a GUI. However, I want to display video from a camera which is hooked up through firewire (IEEE 1394), not USB. What portion of the code would I need to change in order to achieve this? Thanks in advance, -Bill --------------------------------------------------------- Option Explicit Const ws_visible = &H10000000 Const ws_child = &H40000000 Const WM_USER = 1024 Const WM_CAP_EDIT_COPY = WM_USER + 30 Const wm_cap_driver_connect = WM_USER + 10 Const wm_cap_set_preview = WM_USER ...

Deriving Euler-Rodriguez Rotation from the three axis-based rotation matrices
Hi, Regarding the subject - is this possible? I've tried it in Mathematica but inevitably I end up with a huge and overcomplicated matrix which isn't anywhere close to the Euler-Rodriguez one or the Rodriguez formula.. can anyone suggest if this is possible? Thanks! ...

runtime access to Simulink from GUI
Hi! I want to access in a runtime mode to simulink blocks (or signals) from a GUI code. what is the commands that i must use to do this?? thanks a lot audi ...

C++ objects and flex
Not sure if this is a C++ question. If not, I apologize. Is there a group where I could direct questions that deal with flex? My situation is this: I have a (fairly complicated) C++ object (call it Obj, perhaps) that I need to populate by parsing a string. I use flex/bison to parse the string, and I currently have another C++ class, ObjReader, containing a method readObj(std::string objStr) that calls the parser and stores the information read into the various elements of a private member Obj* ObjReader->my_obj. My problem is that I constantly get into memory trouble (vari...

Pre-rotated sprites not faster than rotating "on the fly"?
Have been developing an application which uses custom sprites to draw animated objects on the screen. It's just basic graphics stuff. Objects must rotate, translate, etc. Originally, I was using the "standard" approach of rotating sprites using a transformation matrix. To improve performance, I (just last night) developed a "pre-rotated" sprite class, which prerotates and stores all the shapes in a dictionary (keyed by the angle of rotation). Much to my surprise, after profiling today, the prerotated version is not only not faster, it is actually slightly s...