How to run MATLAB 7 on windows 8?

I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
is there anyone else facing the same problem????
comp.soft-sys.matlab 208760 articles. 9 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:

> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?

2
Aftab
7/27/2012 4:51:04 AM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

I'm running Matlab R2012a(64-bit) on windows 8 pro (64bit).

To install matlab, i moved the install-files to C:\matlab (run the install as admin/windows xp service pack 3)..

the install and program works perfekt for me.. (:

hope it helps.. (and I hope my english is not to bad )
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Yes. My old computer died, so I recently got a new computer with windows 8 installed (so I have no choice on which OS to use).

I moved the installer to Program files/Matlab like the poster above me said. Then I opened it. It will get to a dialogue window that says it's reconfiguring Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, gets to 0%, then... nothing happens. Matlab never installs.

Does this mean I need to download visual studio as well?
3
cwing314 (3)
11/13/2012 5:08:20 PM
"Cam " <cwing314@gmail.com> wrote in message <k7tuq4$k6n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> Yes. My old computer died, so I recently got a new computer with windows 8 installed (so I have no choice on which OS to use).
>
> I moved the installer to Program files/Matlab like the poster above me said. Then I opened it. It will get to a dialogue window that says it's reconfiguring Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, gets to 0%, then... nothing happens. Matlab never installs.
>
> Does this mean I need to download visual studio as well?

I am experiencing this as well.. Any workarounds?
3
koolmoo (4)
11/19/2012 11:16:19 PM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

You can running Malab7 on Windows 8 by change compatibility mde to be run in Windows Visita (Service Pack 2)
I have the same problem and I dont know what can I do??
1
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 3:27:18 AM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.
1
mpacuszka (4)
11/26/2012 11:03:09 AM
You can make it Run as Administrator
0
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 12:25:09 PM
"Mateusz" wrote in message <k8vi9d$c18$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.

you can make it run as administrator
2
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 12:27:09 PM
"Haneen " <lolo.20101990@hotmail.com> wrote in message <k8vn6t$rbr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Mateusz" wrote in message <k8vi9d$c18$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> >
> > Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.
>
> you can make it run as administrator

Did you see it?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/matlab-installation-stuck-on-windows-8-pro-64-bit/20d19cd8-a2b3-461a-8006-dfbf12408817
2
ggreco (3)
12/13/2012 6:51:08 PM
Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
>
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?

My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.
"Qian " <christine412@live.com> wrote in message <kgn8e7$b2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> > On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
> >
> > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > > system.
> > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> >
> > When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?
>
> My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.

thanks for the help, it works on my desktop too (:
"Oky Nur Hidayat" <okynh.clan@gmail.com> wrote in message <kprhqe$hh8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Qian " <christine412@live.com> wrote in message <kgn8e7$b2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...

> > > When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?
> >
> > My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.
>
> Yes very useful information:
1. Right click the MATLAB icon
2. choose troubleshoot compatibility
3.do not choose recommended setting , choose trouble shoot programme
4. choose window vista(service pack2) only
5. test the programme before you press "Next"
6.progrrame will run
7. save the settings as asked by system
finish

4.

> thanks for the help, it works on my desktop too (:
3
pgshilpi (4)
8/21/2013 4:50:27 PM
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:15:24 PM UTC-7, Dishant  wrote:
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
>=20
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the syst=
em.
>=20
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
>=20
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Hey if it is still not working then you can try linux... Install ubuntu or =
mint and download matlab for linux!!! If you do not want to install linux a=
s an OS you can use simulator if your device's processor is capable enough =
to run win 8 linux and matlab!!! I won't prefer third option!!!
I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am trying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files which runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not compatible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.

I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copying the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO making sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2).   Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bit one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.

The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to launch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?

Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) would be greatly appreciated!
Em quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2014 15h51min38s UTC-2, jstevenson599  =
escreveu:
> I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am tr=
ying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files w=
hich runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not comp=
atible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A =
install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copyi=
ng the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO makin=
g sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2). =
  Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One =
at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bi=
t one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to la=
unch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost =
like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?  =
=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) w=
ould be greatly appreciated!

Hi, Users

I'm with its problem, too....=20

Someone knows how to solve

Thanks
Carlos
2
krlosbatist
3/25/2014 10:34:59 PM
Hello. There are many options here to choose me, I think will try them one by one, thank all! http://www.friv3go.com
1
lovestory (3)
7/21/2014 11:38:45 PM
krlosbatist@gmail.com wrote in message <f5916b07-8e31-48f6-9d7f-872784a87117@googlegroups.com>...
> Em quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2014 15h51min38s UTC-2, jstevenson599  escreveu:
> > I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am trying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files which runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not compatible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.
> >

> > I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copying the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO making sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2).   Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bit one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.
> >

> > The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to launch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?
> >

> > Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Hi, Users
>

> I'm with its problem, too....
>
> Someone knows how to solve
>
> Thanks
> Carlos

Right click setup and go to properties
click on compatibility
check the 'compatibility mode' box
choose vista service pack 2
ok and run the program.....
it worked for me and I hope this will work for you too
0
Hamaid
3/12/2015 10:04:06 PM
"Haneen " <moonlight.plus@yahoo.com> wrote in message

This method works!!!!!!!!!!

You can running Malab7 on Windows 8 by change compatibility mde to be run in Windows Visita (Service Pack 2)

This method works!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
0
CHUANQIANG

running matlab 7.1 on windows 7
when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, error starting desktop, please help "V NAVEEN " <anuj.navren90@gmail.com> wrote in message <hirlde$mii$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, > error starting desktop, > please help a hint: http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/previous_releases.html us ...

Codes are all shown in the matlab window when running matlab
I am using matlab 6.5.0. Today, when I wrote some codes in the M-editor and run by using F5, all contents of the codes appear in the main matlab window. This is quite strange and never happened before. I tried to shorten the codes and run some simple test. Still the same. So it has nothing to do with what I wrote in the program. I suspect that I turned on some setting in matlab without realizing it. Anyone can give a hint on how to turn this display off? Thanks. You probably turned echo on. Try echo off all Or go to File -> Preferences -> Command Window and uncheck Echo on HTH P...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

MATLAB 7 on windows 8
install matlab normally then do the following steps 1) FIRST RIGHT CLICK ON MATLAB ICON ON DESKTOP 2)GO TO PROPERTIES 3)THEN CLICK ON COMPATIBILITY OPTION 4)IN COMPATIBILITY MODE CLICK ON RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR 5) THEN SELECT WINDOWS VISTA FROM LIST OF OPTIONS. 6)CLICK APPLY N THEN OK. > now u can run matlab 7 on windows 8 easily ...

Is there a way to run Matlab 7 mex dll under Matlab 2007a?
Hi all, Does Mathworks have back-ward compatibilities for mex dlls which were created in the earlier versions of Matlab? I have downloaded a trial copy of NAG Matlab Foundation toolbox. But it was created using earlier version of Matlab(they claim it was tested to be okay for Matlab 6 and 7. I guess the dlls were created using Matlab before 7.0.4. But I want to use it under my current Matlab 2007a. When running their dll, I got: ??? Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\toolbox\nag\nag \nagc.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. --------------- After googlin...

Run Matlab R2007a on windows 7
Hi, What do I have to do to get MATLAB R2007a help working on Windows7 Ultimate? I have installed MATLAB R2007a using classic theme on Windows7 Ultimate. MATLAB runs fine in this theme. However, when I run MATLAB help, MATLAB stops working... Does anyone knows how to fix this? I have tried instaling jre1.5_0.19, which allows MATLAB R2007a to work on any theme on Windows 7. However, the same problem occurs when launching the help, MATLAB again stops working... ...

Display problem in Matlab Figure windows on mac running matlab remotely
I am running matlab remotely using x11 and I am having trouble with the display in figure windows, such as with use of plot() command. The figure will appear with the correct information, but the color mapping seems to be off, and most often the window appears with a mix of purple and green colors instead of black and white. I am running a mac (10.4.11) where I connect remotely using x11 to a linux server where matlab 2007a is installed. I would appreciate any assistance. ...

Running a GA code (from Matlab 7.1) in matlab 6.1
I have a m file of Genetc algorithm code which is written using the GA toolbox of Matlab 7.I wanted to run this code on a server which is having matlab 6.1..I tried copying all the GA toolbox files and use it along with my code in matlab 6.1.But it is giving an error using function builtin.when i opened the builtin.m file it shows some unintelligible characters.. Is it possible to run this code on matlab 6.1 by any means.. Anil Biradar wrote: > > > I have a m file of Genetc algorithm code which is written using the > GA toolbox of Matlab 7.I wanted to run this code on a server wh...

How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it. After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode" doesnt work as well. Are there any other friends here facing the same problem? "Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.co...

Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to call matlab from java (in windows), but not by calling the java code from matlab. I want to use a different JVM than the one matlab uses. In linux it is simple since I can use input/output redirection, is there a way to do this in windows (I have matlab 5.3, pretty old version). Thanks a lot, Nili. ...

running matlab gui executable(.exe) file in windows without matlab installed.
is it possible to run an executable file derived from matlab gui, in windows pc without matlab and MCR installed? praveen "praveen " <praveenignatius17@gmail.com> wrote in message <hg7epv$ntp$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > is it possible to run an executable file derived from matlab gui, in windows pc without matlab and MCR installed? > > praveen My understanding - for what its worth - is that you need to have either Matlab or the MCR installed. Regards Dave Robinson "Dave Robinson" <dave.robinson@somewhere.biz> wrote in message &...

how to install MATLAB 7.0.1 on windows 8
hi I install MATLAB 7.0.1 on window 8 after insallation when I ran the matlab exe it is not running can any body guide me what setting I change to make it run at windows 8 when I tried in windows 8 search options --> run programs -->It shows me the matlab is compatible with windows XP pack 3 Please help me to resolve this issue Manish ...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... "Khairizan " <commwarr...

How to display MATLAB version (e.g., "MATLAB 7.1") in Windows taskbar?
I am working on converting some MATLAB code from version 6.5.2 to 7.1 and often have several (up to three) versions of MATLAB running at the same time. Each one shows up in the Windows taskbar with just the name "MATLAB." Is there a way to have it display something like "MATLAB 7.1" and "MATLAB 6.5.2" so I can easily tell which version is which from just the taskbar? Thanks, Peter Neumann This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080708050208070604060508 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding...

Web resources about - How to run MATLAB 7 on windows 8? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

The Windows Blog

Reliable window washers a godsend in the booming service industry
Tidy your room, put on your pants &ndash; or at least pull the curtains. The window cleaner sees everything, and sometimes it's not pretty

Microsoft: Windows 10 will keep you safe, and this is how
The reason Microsoft has given for pushing Windows 10 so aggressively is it wants to get users to a "safe place" . Very altruistic. Although ...

North Korea moves up rocket launch window - Story
Copyright 2016 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, ...

Windows 10 passes the 15-year-old Windows XP in popularity
Windows 10 came out in July 2015, and it's already achieved a major milestone by Microsoft's standards. It's now used on more PCs than the 15-year-old ...

Here's why Microsoft wants everyone to get Windows 10 by July — and what happens if they don't
Microsoft is giving away Windows to any existing customers for free until July 29, 2016. This is a dramatic shift from how previous versions ...

Seoul: North Korea moves up rocket launch window
Outside governments suspect planned rocket launch is a banned test of ballistic missile technology

BIPV News: Solaria Solar Windows Accepted By US GSA Green Proving Ground Program
Originally published on Green Building Elements After tests at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory’s (LBNL) FLEXLAB, Solaria BIPV windows have ...