How to run MATLAB 7 on windows 8?

I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
is there anyone else facing the same problem????
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207270 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:

> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?

2
Aftab
7/27/2012 4:51:04 AM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

I'm running Matlab R2012a(64-bit) on windows 8 pro (64bit).

To install matlab, i moved the install-files to C:\matlab (run the install as admin/windows xp service pack 3)..

the install and program works perfekt for me.. (:

hope it helps.. (and I hope my english is not to bad )
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Yes. My old computer died, so I recently got a new computer with windows 8 installed (so I have no choice on which OS to use).

I moved the installer to Program files/Matlab like the poster above me said. Then I opened it. It will get to a dialogue window that says it's reconfiguring Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, gets to 0%, then... nothing happens. Matlab never installs.

Does this mean I need to download visual studio as well?
2
cwing314 (3)
11/13/2012 5:08:20 PM
"Cam " <cwing314@gmail.com> wrote in message <k7tuq4$k6n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> Yes. My old computer died, so I recently got a new computer with windows 8 installed (so I have no choice on which OS to use).
>
> I moved the installer to Program files/Matlab like the poster above me said. Then I opened it. It will get to a dialogue window that says it's reconfiguring Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, gets to 0%, then... nothing happens. Matlab never installs.
>
> Does this mean I need to download visual studio as well?

I am experiencing this as well.. Any workarounds?
3
koolmoo (4)
11/19/2012 11:16:19 PM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

You can running Malab7 on Windows 8 by change compatibility mde to be run in Windows Visita (Service Pack 2)
I have the same problem and I dont know what can I do??
1
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 3:27:18 AM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.
1
mpacuszka (4)
11/26/2012 11:03:09 AM
You can make it Run as Administrator
0
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 12:25:09 PM
"Mateusz" wrote in message <k8vi9d$c18$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.

you can make it run as administrator
2
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 12:27:09 PM
"Haneen " <lolo.20101990@hotmail.com> wrote in message <k8vn6t$rbr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Mateusz" wrote in message <k8vi9d$c18$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> >
> > Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.
>
> you can make it run as administrator

Did you see it?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/matlab-installation-stuck-on-windows-8-pro-64-bit/20d19cd8-a2b3-461a-8006-dfbf12408817
2
ggreco (3)
12/13/2012 6:51:08 PM
Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
>
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?

My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.
"Qian " <christine412@live.com> wrote in message <kgn8e7$b2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> > On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
> >
> > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > > system.
> > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> >
> > When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?
>
> My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.

thanks for the help, it works on my desktop too (:
"Oky Nur Hidayat" <okynh.clan@gmail.com> wrote in message <kprhqe$hh8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Qian " <christine412@live.com> wrote in message <kgn8e7$b2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...

> > > When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?
> >
> > My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.
>
> Yes very useful information:
1. Right click the MATLAB icon
2. choose troubleshoot compatibility
3.do not choose recommended setting , choose trouble shoot programme
4. choose window vista(service pack2) only
5. test the programme before you press "Next"
6.progrrame will run
7. save the settings as asked by system
finish

4.

> thanks for the help, it works on my desktop too (:
3
pgshilpi (4)
8/21/2013 4:50:27 PM
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:15:24 PM UTC-7, Dishant  wrote:
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
>=20
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the syst=
em.
>=20
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
>=20
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Hey if it is still not working then you can try linux... Install ubuntu or =
mint and download matlab for linux!!! If you do not want to install linux a=
s an OS you can use simulator if your device's processor is capable enough =
to run win 8 linux and matlab!!! I won't prefer third option!!!
I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am trying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files which runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not compatible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.

I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copying the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO making sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2).   Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bit one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.

The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to launch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?

Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) would be greatly appreciated!
Em quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2014 15h51min38s UTC-2, jstevenson599  =
escreveu:
> I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am tr=
ying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files w=
hich runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not comp=
atible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A =
install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copyi=
ng the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO makin=
g sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2). =
  Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One =
at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bi=
t one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to la=
unch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost =
like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?  =
=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) w=
ould be greatly appreciated!

Hi, Users

I'm with its problem, too....=20

Someone knows how to solve

Thanks
Carlos
2
krlosbatist
3/25/2014 10:34:59 PM
Hello. There are many options here to choose me, I think will try them one by one, thank all! http://www.friv3go.com
1
lovestory (3)
7/21/2014 11:38:45 PM
krlosbatist@gmail.com wrote in message <f5916b07-8e31-48f6-9d7f-872784a87117@googlegroups.com>...
> Em quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2014 15h51min38s UTC-2, jstevenson599  escreveu:
> > I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am trying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files which runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not compatible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.
> >

> > I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copying the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO making sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2).   Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bit one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.
> >

> > The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to launch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?
> >

> > Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Hi, Users
>

> I'm with its problem, too....
>
> Someone knows how to solve
>
> Thanks
> Carlos

Right click setup and go to properties
click on compatibility
check the 'compatibility mode' box
choose vista service pack 2
ok and run the program.....
it worked for me and I hope this will work for you too
0
Hamaid
3/12/2015 10:04:06 PM
"Haneen " <moonlight.plus@yahoo.com> wrote in message

This method works!!!!!!!!!!

You can running Malab7 on Windows 8 by change compatibility mde to be run in Windows Visita (Service Pack 2)

This method works!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
0
CHUANQIANG

correct scaling factor in Matlab cwt()?
Hello! I have a detail question about the Matlab cwt() function. Line 86 is the meat of the transform. It appears that the scaling factor being used here is -sqrt(a). Shouldn't the scaling factor be 1/sqrt(abs(a)) ? I'm sure they are right, but for the life of me I don't see where the extra factor of -1/a would be coming from. Any help would be much appreciated. As an aside, they seem to be calculating the approximate cwt in a very roundabout way (they start with the integral of the wavelet, then convolve and take a derivative). Any idea why this is better than just calcul...

Which core am I running on?
Is there some way I can get at this information at run-time? I'd like to use it to tag diagnostic output dumped during runs using Parallel Python. Peter psaffrey@googlemail.com wrote: > Is there some way I can get at this information at run-time? I'd like > to use it to tag diagnostic output dumped during runs using Parallel > Python. There should be a way, but not with the Python standard library. It's also platform-specific. What are you using? Linux, MacOS X, FreeBSD, Solaris, or maybe Windows? -- Gerhard psaffrey@googlemail.com wrote: > Is there some way I can...

running gcc generated binaries on different AIX hardwares with the same OS level
Hi, I have a newbie question which might be answered before. I am generating a binary using gcc on aix 5.1 with the PowerPC processor. Will the same binary run on a different processor(for example, POWER) but with the same os level aix 5.1? Thank you in advance! - Henry Henry Zhang wrote: > I have a newbie question which might be answered before. I am > generating a binary using gcc on aix 5.1 with the PowerPC processor. > Will the same binary run on a different processor(for example, POWER) > but with the same os level aix 5.1? It should, as long as it was compiled in common ...

How to connect Matlab and SNMP
I am doing a research which requires Matlab connects to SNMP and get or set the data of OID. Are there any way that Matlab can connect to SNMP? In article <ft0qjq$cmc$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Cuibi liu <cuibi_liu@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am doing a research which requires Matlab connects to >SNMP and get or set the data of OID. Are there any way that >Matlab can connect to SNMP? Yes, but which SNMP authentication mechanism are you using? Simple community strings as in SNMPv1, or security contexts as in SNMPv3? Security contexts are a lot more work than communit...

Windows XP + nvidia Geforce 2 + Games = Problems
Hi, Duke : Where are the files that you posted?I've checked ALT.BINARIES.MISC,but I've not found your message. JB West : I've also tryed detonators version 44.03 (the lastest) but nothing. For opengl32.dll, I've downloaded the opengl95.exe file from openGl.org then placed the uncompressed DLLs in my windows/system32 directory,as ever : nothing. I noticed something wrong,I've downloaded SciTech GLDirect software that normally allows OpenGl display using DirectX,but it didn't worked also...I use DirectX 9.0 and it works normally(according to dxdiag). Thank you for you...

MATLAB CODE FOR OFDM SUMULATION
Hello, I am in need of MATLAB CODE for simulation of OFDM System for wireless communication and also its simulink model. Can you help me? Sanjay Pokle Hope this will help. Matlab code implementing OFDM (page 24 onwards) http://cegt201.bradley.edu/projects/proj2001/ofdmabsh/OFDM_Final_Report.pdf OFDM and CDMA Simulation code http://www.skydsp.com/publications/4thyrthesis/code.html Brahim Hope this will help. Matlab code implementing OFDM (page 24 onwards) http://cegt201.bradley.edu/projects/proj2001/ofdmabsh/OFDM_Final_Report.pdf OFDM and CDMA Simulation code http://www.skydsp.c...

How to copy with large user running concurrently?
Dear all, I have a SUN host ,F12000, 4cpu, 4 GB ram, running IDS 7.3 and it servers about 100 users at regular time and working fine. Now that We have a plan to open to the public for query and inserting data for a few days, and there will be more than 50 thousands peoples come in at the same time, and insert data concurrently. I am scared that the system will crash or what, I can't image what will it happen at that time. I don't want to cost much more money to scale up my host, because It last only for a few days. Is anyone can help me through this cheaperly? 100 user li...

Simulink Accelerator Running Same Model in Same Location
Hi, Is there any problem in running a given model in the same network location from different computers using the Simulink Accelerator? The intent is to have the results of one run write results to file A and the other to file B. I wasn't sure if the second model would interfere with the first by modifying the DLL. Regards, Phil ...

How was Windows made ?
Hi folks ! Does anybody know what programming languages were used to make the Windows kernel originally ? Are these still the same nowadays ? Thanks for any information or link you can provide... Chris ...

=?UTF-8?B?4peO4pmh4peOU0FMRSBIT09EWSBMYWNvc3RlLEVkaGFyZHksQkJDLEVWUyxDb29naSxBZA==?= =?UTF-8?B?aWRhcyxCYXBlLFBvbG8sQ2hyaXN0aW5hIEF1ZGlnaWVyIEhvb2R5ICBHT09EIE5PLiBPTkUhISE=?=
Www.nikejordanshoe.com found in 1995, our email is nikejordanshoe1@gmail.com,MSN is nikejordanshoe@hotmail.com. As a manufacture supplier,we have more than 10 years experience of this business.All products are at prices from original factory.All items have been verified by us, so they are credible.Veries of sizes,brands,colors and styles can meets the different customer need, fit customer demand to adjust the production.AAA quality,most competitive prices is our promise. Our main products are Sneaker,Tshirt,Jeans,Jacket,suits,Handbags,Watches, mobile phones, and so on, you can click our websit...

display Electroencephalography data on Matlab via Oracle
Could I access/display Electroencephalography data on Matlab user interface via Oracle database. The Electroencephalography data is stored in Oracle database, the Electroencephalography data like electrode signal data which is biomedical data. If it is feasible, how fast the data will be on Matlab user interface. I understand it depends on the size of electrode signal data. Thanks. ...

Windows ODBC Client without Ingres Net
Can anyone recommend any client/server ODBC software that doesn't require Ingres Net on the client? Server would be on Linux. I'm looking for something that makes it pretty straight-forward for users to install an ODBC client and then configure a DSN. Thanks Dennis d underscore roesler at agilent dot com ...

Netscape 7.01 faster than Safari
After upgrading to NS 7.01 I notice it is much better in all respects than Safari, at least the way I use it. It is faster and it opens things that Safari cannot. I'm switching back to Netscape. m-m M-M wrote: > After upgrading to NS 7.01 I notice it is much better in all respects > than Safari, at least the way I use it. It is faster and it opens things > that Safari cannot. Troll or not, I decided to fire up Netscape's latest release and I can only say this: What? Are you smoking crack!? > I'm switching back to Netscape. I'll bet you can find enough ...

Vector help, new to matlab!
I'm trying to differentiate sin(x) based on the iteration loop. But evertime i try to i get this error 'DOUBLE cannot convert the input expression into a double array' y=[]; syms x; f=sin(x); for i=1:7 % Taylor series of sin(x) y(i,:)=(-1)^i*(diff(f,i))/(2*i+1); end "Rolando " <rchacon@handson.net> wrote in message news:hv5bje$1c5$1@fred.mathworks.com... > I'm trying to differentiate sin(x) based on the iteration loop. But > evertime i try to i get this error 'DOUBLE cannot convert the input > expression into a double > array&#...

Launch new sas instance to run macro
Dear SAS-Lers, I have a macro that runs using 5 parameters passed to it from the current sas window. When it runs it launches some processes that cause it to wait. For this reason it would be more useful to execute the macro in a new sas window (so I can carry on in the current one with extant datasets), and also because occasionally the process hangs which could cause me to lose any datasets in the current window. How do I pass macro variables from the current window to execute the macro in the new window? Can it be done with an X command? Any help much appreciated. On 12 Dec 03 13:17:33...

HPSBUX02286 SSRT071466 rev.1

running an m-file from a subsystem
Hello! Some time ago there was a link to a mathworks site, where was explained how to run an m-file by double clicking the subsystem block in Simulink. Can anyone please remind me the link, because I can't find it or tell me how to do this. Greetings Helwald "helwald" <bjunior@USUNTO.wp.pl.invalid> wrote in message news:d86r0m$gn7$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello! > Some time ago there was a link to a mathworks site, where was explained how to run an m-file by double clicking the > subsystem block in Simulink. > Can anyone please remind me the link, becaus...

Windows NT 4.0
I was recently given a fairly new Toshiba notebook computer with NT 4.0 workstation installed on it. When I powered it up, it asked for a password to log on. No one knows the password, as the previous owner died. It has no floppy drive or CD drive so I can't boot to a floppy disk. Cntl-Alt-Del just take me back to the password window. Can anyone help me with this? I would hate to just throw this laptop away. Bud -- VP Kansas City Woodturners Club vp@kcwoodturners.org http://www.kcwoodturners.org Bud Schenke wrote: > I was recently given a fairly new Tos...

KOrganizer alarm window
When the alarm window shows a recurring event, it shows the date when the was entered into KOrganizer. But this is useless for me. I need the date when the event recurs (especially, if the trigger is set, e.g., two days before the event). Is there any configuration option to change this? Or is it a bug or feature? Maybe this is a total "newbie" question, but I've really spent some effort reading/searching the docu and newsgroups, etc., but haven't found anything. I'm using KDE 3.2.1 as update-installed from SuSE 9.1. tiredasker! We've been expecting you... > W...

Running 2003 Administration Pack on Wine
Has anyone tried to do this? We're running a network comprised of 2003 server, and 2000 clients because XP requires more beefy PCs than we have. However the remote administration client demands XP which is a bit of a bitch as it then relies on us sharing the 2 TS slots for administration which bares on the DC's cpu a bit. However my own personal station is running SuSE 9 (hooray!) and i've found it does everything i need on the network. I can use a terminal program to connect to the RDP server, but it would be nice to run the admin client which does not rely on TS connect...

Multinet 4.2 rev A on VAX/VMS 7.3
I have a client that wants to upgrade their VAX from VMS 6.2 to 7.3. They are currently running Multinet 4.2 rev A. Does anyone know if this version of Multinet will run on 7.3? They have not received an answer from Process yet about this. -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Chris Scheers, Applied Synergy, Inc. Voice: 817-237-3360 Internet: chris@applied-synergy.com Fax: 817-237-3074 On Jan 16, 3:27=A0pm, Chris Scheers <ch...@applied-synergy.com> wrote: > I have a client that wants to upgrade their VAX from VMS...

Matlab help Matlab &#8211; VaR
I was just wondering if somebody knew how to do this. I know of the function gevrnd but have know clue how to generate this. question: In Matlab, create a vector with 10,000 random returns, which follow the generalized extreme value distribution with a mean return of 8% and standard deviation equal to 2.5%. Assume the tail index equals 0.09. Then assume that these are true historical returns. Find the historical simulation VaR figure for a 5% significance level. Then repeat the exercise using normally distributed random numbers and comment on your results. "Hilmar Steindi" <...

How to run pg_restore
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C4C597.0FC63CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hello, I have create database and run "psql -d databasename -f = filename(.out)" so according to this it restores all data but not = create users, i want to create users so how it can be done plz tell me. = I should run .sql file in or create it. With Regard Nitin Jawarkar ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C4C597.0FC63CC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="is...

Re: Running Code, Trying to understand how it works. #2
Sorry, I never provided my original test code and, in the interim, discovered the answer. First, the test code was: data test1; input date permno x; lx=lag(x); put _all_; lx=lag(x); put _all_; datalines; .. 4 2 1 4 . 2 4 1 ; data test2; input date permno x; do i=1 to 2; lx=lag(x); put _all_; end; datalines; .. 4 2 1 4 . 2 4 1 ; I found the reason for the observed difference in the documentation, namely: "Each occurrence of a LAGn function in a program generates its own queue of values." Art ------- On Sun, 3 May 2009 10:16:54 -0400, Arthur Tabachne...

Acess elements of a function within matlab #2
Hi I want to know how can i access elements of a function (java class) from within matlab. For example: class findmax { public int max(){ int a = 5; int b = 9; if (a>b) return a; else return b; } } i can use this function in matlab after adding the java class and importing stuff c = findmax.max; my question is how can i acess a and b that are within the function in matlab? thanks for the help "Deep yogi" <deepinder.yogi@gmail.com> wrote in message <h18dqb$k3g$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi > I want to know how can i access elements of a function (ja...