How to run MATLAB 7 on windows 8?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
is there anyone else facing the same problem????
4
Reply dishantaroa (5) 7/25/2012 10:15:24 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:

> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?

0
Reply Aftab 7/27/2012 4:51:04 AM

"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

I'm running Matlab R2012a(64-bit) on windows 8 pro (64bit).

To install matlab, i moved the install-files to C:\matlab (run the install as admin/windows xp service pack 3)..

the install and program works perfekt for me.. (:

hope it helps.. (and I hope my english is not to bad )
2
Reply stigturner (3) 10/2/2012 11:11:08 AM

"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Yes. My old computer died, so I recently got a new computer with windows 8 installed (so I have no choice on which OS to use).

I moved the installer to Program files/Matlab like the poster above me said. Then I opened it. It will get to a dialogue window that says it's reconfiguring Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, gets to 0%, then... nothing happens. Matlab never installs.

Does this mean I need to download visual studio as well?
1
Reply cwing314 (2) 11/13/2012 5:08:20 PM

"Cam " <cwing314@gmail.com> wrote in message <k7tuq4$k6n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> Yes. My old computer died, so I recently got a new computer with windows 8 installed (so I have no choice on which OS to use).
>
> I moved the installer to Program files/Matlab like the poster above me said. Then I opened it. It will get to a dialogue window that says it's reconfiguring Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, gets to 0%, then... nothing happens. Matlab never installs.
>
> Does this mean I need to download visual studio as well?

I am experiencing this as well.. Any workarounds?
1
Reply koolmoo (2) 11/19/2012 11:16:19 PM

"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????
1
Reply moonlight.plus (4) 11/23/2012 11:34:08 AM

"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

You can running Malab7 on Windows 8 by change compatibility mde to be run in Windows Visita (Service Pack 2)
1
Reply moonlight.plus (4) 11/25/2012 5:32:09 PM

I have the same problem and I dont know what can I do??
1
Reply haneen (8) 11/26/2012 3:27:18 AM

"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.
1
Reply mpacuszka (4) 11/26/2012 11:03:09 AM

You can make it Run as Administrator
1
Reply haneen (8) 11/26/2012 12:25:09 PM

"Mateusz" wrote in message <k8vi9d$c18$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.

you can make it run as administrator
1
Reply haneen (8) 11/26/2012 12:27:09 PM

"Haneen " <lolo.20101990@hotmail.com> wrote in message <k8vn6t$rbr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Mateusz" wrote in message <k8vi9d$c18$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> >
> > Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.
>
> you can make it run as administrator

Did you see it?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/matlab-installation-stuck-on-windows-8-pro-64-bit/20d19cd8-a2b3-461a-8006-dfbf12408817
1
Reply ggreco (2) 12/13/2012 6:51:08 PM

Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
>
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
>
> When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?

My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.
1
Reply christine412 (2) 2/28/2013 9:36:08 AM

"Qian " <christine412@live.com> wrote in message <kgn8e7$b2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> > On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
> >
> > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > > system.
> > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> >
> > When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?
>
> My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.

thanks for the help, it works on my desktop too (:
2
Reply okynh.clan (1) 6/19/2013 6:07:10 AM

"Oky Nur Hidayat" <okynh.clan@gmail.com> wrote in message <kprhqe$hh8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Qian " <christine412@live.com> wrote in message <kgn8e7$b2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...

> > > When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?
> >
> > My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.
>
> Yes very useful information:
1. Right click the MATLAB icon
2. choose troubleshoot compatibility
3.do not choose recommended setting , choose trouble shoot programme
4. choose window vista(service pack2) only
5. test the programme before you press "Next"
6.progrrame will run
7. save the settings as asked by system
finish

4.

> thanks for the help, it works on my desktop too (:
2
Reply pgshilpi (3) 8/21/2013 4:50:27 PM

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:15:24 PM UTC-7, Dishant  wrote:
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
>=20
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the syst=
em.
>=20
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
>=20
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Hey if it is still not working then you can try linux... Install ubuntu or =
mint and download matlab for linux!!! If you do not want to install linux a=
s an OS you can use simulator if your device's processor is capable enough =
to run win 8 linux and matlab!!! I won't prefer third option!!!
1
Reply bhargav.f310 (1) 11/16/2013 12:45:52 PM

I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am trying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files which runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not compatible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.

I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copying the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO making sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2).   Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bit one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.

The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to launch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?

Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) would be greatly appreciated!
2
Reply jstevenson599 (3) 2/12/2014 5:51:37 PM

Em quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2014 15h51min38s UTC-2, jstevenson599  =
escreveu:
> I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am tr=
ying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files w=
hich runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not comp=
atible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A =
install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copyi=
ng the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO makin=
g sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2). =
  Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One =
at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bi=
t one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to la=
unch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost =
like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?  =
=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) w=
ould be greatly appreciated!

Hi, Users

I'm with its problem, too....=20

Someone knows how to solve

Thanks
Carlos
1
Reply krlosbatist 3/25/2014 10:34:59 PM

Hello. There are many options here to choose me, I think will try them one by one, thank all! http://www.friv3go.com
0
Reply lovestory (2) 7/21/2014 11:38:45 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

running matlab 7.1 on windows 7
when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, error starting desktop, please help "V NAVEEN " <anuj.navren90@gmail.com> wrote in message <hirlde$mii$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, > error starting desktop, > please help a hint: http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/previous_releases.html us ...

Run Matlab R2007a on windows 7
Hi, What do I have to do to get MATLAB R2007a help working on Windows7 Ultimate? I have installed MATLAB R2007a using classic theme on Windows7 Ultimate. MATLAB runs fine in this theme. However, when I run MATLAB help, MATLAB stops working... Does anyone knows how to fix this? I have tried instaling jre1.5_0.19, which allows MATLAB R2007a to work on any theme on Windows 7. However, the same problem occurs when launching the help, MATLAB again stops working... ...

How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it. After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode" doesnt work as well. Are there any other friends here facing the same problem? "Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.co...

Is Matlab 2009b truly running 64-bit in Windows 7?
Just wondering whether I can expect a performance improvement if I migrate to 7; some have cautioned of a possible degradation in performance relative to XP pro (although I'd likely be adding another 4 GB of RAM if I moved to 7). Thanks, Chris I am also likely to get a new computer soon and was wondering if there are any problems in installing and running Matlab in Windows 7 64 bit. I have an impression there are issues in installing it. Is that correct? I am also likely to get a new computer soon and was wondering if there are any problems in installing and running Matlab in Windows...

Running MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit
Hello, After upgrading my OS to Windows 7 64-bit and installing MATLAB 64-bit version, I realized that Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link do not support Windows 7 64-bit. Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link are supported on Windows 7 32-bit. However, I do not have Windows 7 32-bit. A MathWorks tech support engineer suggested installing MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. However, there is no guarantee that all features in MATLAB will work. Has anyone worked with MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 64-bit? Please post your experiences. Thanks, Shyam. "Shyam" <...

connect MySQL Database (running on Windows XP) to Matlab 7 (R14)
hello i have some problems to connect my mysql database to matlab. i tried the code connect = database('db_name', 'username', 'password') but the connection didn't establishes. i have seen, there is a version to connect jdbc instead of odbc but i have no clue about the url and the other requiremented informations. (by the way, how can i find them?). can some one help me to connect my database to matlabe? thank you very much.... georg ...

Is there a problem running MATLAB 7 on Windows XP using an AMD CPU
I use my friends computer to test MATLAB 7 on a computer running on AMD 64 bit processor and Windows XP Professional, but the software does not even start. On his other computer running on AMD 32 bit it runs perfectly. Could there be something in MATLAB that prevents it from running on 64 bit processors? adli hajarat wrote: > > > I use my friends computer to test MATLAB 7 on a computer running on > AMD 64 bit processor and Windows XP Professional, but the software > does not even start. > > On his other computer running on AMD 32 bit it runs perfectly. > > Could t...

connect MySQL Database (running on Windows XP) to Matlab 7 (R14) #2
hello i have some problems to connect my mysql database to matlab. i tried the code connect = database('db_name', 'username', 'password') but the connection didn't establishes. i have seen, there is a version to connect jdbc instead of odbc but i have no clue about the url and the other required informations. (by the way, how can i find them?). can some one help me to connect my database to matlab? thank you very much.... georg ...

Running Android Apps in Windows 7 with Bluestacks App Player,,Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/13/running-android-apps-in-windows-7-with-bluestacks-app-player/#ixzz38290JMar
http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/13/running-android-apps-in-windows-7-with-bluestacks-app-player/ ...

ooRexx and Windows 7, Windows 8, IE 8 and IE 10

Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional (using MATLAB R2007a or R2007b)
I am planning to purchase a Laptop computer and must decide whether to order it with Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional. (I now use R2007a in Debian Linux. I have the package for R2007b but haven&#8217;t installed it.) My questions are: Does MATLAB R2007a (and/or R2007b) work on Windows 7 Home Premium? If not, does it work under Windows 7 Professional? Under Windows 7 Professional, would I have to run Matlab in Windows XP mode? If both operating systems work, is there any advantage (in terms of Matlab performance) to Windows 7 Professional vs. Home Premium? Thank you. ...

NS 7 and Windows XP SP2 RC2 Does it run or do we need a updated NS 7 for running with SP2?
Hallo XP SP2 is not an bug fix release only! It does change the specifications for the application programm - enhanced security model ! Does NS 7 run with the SP2? Do we need an improved version of NS 7 for XP SP2 ? Does anyone test it ? kind regard from Germany Rainer Rainer, > Does NS 7 run with the SP2? Do we need an improved version of NS 7 for > XP SP2 ? Yes, at least the English version does. We have not tested with the German version. Get the latest update to to Dragon NaturallySpeaking at: http://support.scansoft.com/downloads/default.asp -- Martin Markoe, eMicr...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... "Khairizan " <commwarr...

Windows 7 vs. Windows 8
8 is faster and will do more than 7, and works the same as 7 on a desktop. It absolutely makes Lion or whatever, look sick. Terminally ill, actually. On a touchpad, it blows the iPad out of the water. Does more faster. A lot more, a lot faster. On 2/24/13 4:36 PM, Rollo wrote: > 8 is faster and will do more than 7, and works the same as 7 on a > desktop. > It absolutely makes Lion or whatever, look sick. Terminally ill, > actually. > > On a touchpad, it blows the iPad out of the water. Does more faster. > A lot more, a lot faster. > > ...

ooRexx, Windows 7 and Windows 8

Problems With In, Out, Trash, Junk mailboxes moving Eudora 7.1 Paid from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 8 Home
I used the Eudora setup file to set it up on the new computer. Then I copie= d over all of the files from my program directory on my Win 7 Ultimate to m= y Win 8 computer. When I start Eudora everything is there ( many, many mail= boxes, personalities, signatures, etc. except the In, Out, Junk and Trash f= iles are empty. I used this procedure for moving Eudora whenever I upgraded= computers. It has always worked before. All of my mailboxes are in the Eu= dora folder. Can anyone help me with this? On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:05:53 PM UTC-7, mortr...@gmail.com wrote: > I used the ...

Need Oracle Patch for Oracle 8i (8.1.7) to make it to 8.1.7.4 WINDOWS Env.
Hi, I am a newbie here and looking for a patch which will convert 8.1.7 to 8.1.7.2 / 8.1.7.4 in a windows environment. I dont have a metalink account. If someone can help i'd appreciate it. Maybe some from the newsgroup knows how to get it. I need this for personal use (educational) Thanks. Regards RS Unfortunately the only way to get patches is through metalink and with a valid support contract. And you want to be running 8.1.7.4.13 on windows as a minimum. Regards, John On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:48:48 -0400, "RS" <rohitsinha@comcas...

Issues with Uniface upgrade v.7.2.06 to v.8.4.04 (Windows XP, Oracle 8.1.7, SQL* Net)
Hi, We are currently trying to upgrade from Uniface 7.2.06 to 8.4.04. Windows XP, Oracle 8.1.7, SQL* Net I did the following so far. Installed the Uniface Version 8.4.04 with SOLID on my local pc (Windows XP Prof) I was able to start the application and the IDF enviroment was able to view. Since we are using Oracle 8.1.7 as our database, I created the new schema with required permissions. I crated the repository in Oracle (SID DEV1) by running the sql scripts from the installation folder C:\Program Files\Compuware\Uniface\sql\ora4*.sql Modified the Asssingment fi...

Does Matlab 7.1 work on Windows 7?
Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy. "Benjamin " <bpazolli@gmail.com> wrote in message <hc0vgd$p2r$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy. I've been able to get MATLAB 7.1 (32-bit) to run on Windows 7 (64-bit) by setting the compatibility mode to &q...

Matlab version for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Which version of the Matlab is installable in Vista environment? Win7 environment? Thanks for the info in advance. Lee CC "CC Lee" <e2718282@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i195np$9sk$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Which version of the Matlab is installable in Vista environment? Win7 > environment? > > Thanks for the info in advance. The list of system requirements for versions of MATLAB as far back as release R11 is available on the support website in the Installation, Activation, and Startup box: http://www.mathworks.com/support/ -- Steve Lord slord...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7 #2
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ On 10-08-30 01:46 PM, Khairizan wrote: > I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. > After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. > It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. > before I used vista and the installer work fi...

Codes are all shown in the matlab window when running matlab
I am using matlab 6.5.0. Today, when I wrote some codes in the M-editor and run by using F5, all contents of the codes appear in the main matlab window. This is quite strange and never happened before. I tried to shorten the codes and run some simple test. Still the same. So it has nothing to do with what I wrote in the program. I suspect that I turned on some setting in matlab without realizing it. Anyone can give a hint on how to turn this display off? Thanks. You probably turned echo on. Try echo off all Or go to File -> Preferences -> Command Window and uncheck Echo on HTH P...

Windows 8 Vaporware -- Highlights Windows 7 failings
It seems that Microsoft accidentally leaked goals for Windows 8. Obviously Microsoft is hoping it can use the vaporware gambit to somehow retain the loyalty of OEMs to an "All Microsoft" solution for their laptops and desktops. From http://msftkitchen.com/2010/06/windows-8-plans-leaked-numerous-details-reve= aled.html <quote> Included in these presentations is a rather telling (but obvious) slide which shows that Microsoft is clearly paying attention to Apple while planning Windows 8. Titled, =93How Apple does it: A virtuous cycle,=94 Microsoft has broken down Ap...

Compatibility fo MATLAB 7.0 with WINDOWS 7
Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ On 15 Sep, 10:40, "Vikram Vasudev" <cvvva...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ What is 'windows 7'? Rune "Rune Allnor" <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message news:ebcdf2b0-918e-4763-b6c2-b05a6e2b5ca3@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > On 15 Sep, 10:40, "Vikram Vasudev" <cvvva...@yahoo.com> wrote: >> Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ > > What is 'windows 7'? ...