How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?

I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.

After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.

Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?
-1
2/13/2009 6:33:01 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
>
> After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
>
> Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?

Yes, when I run Matlab 7 on windows 7, it gives me a VC++ Runtime Error.
Same situation.
1
g6771011 (4)
2/15/2009 3:19:01 AM
"Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
>
> After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
>
> Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?

OK...I finally found the solution for this problem.
Simply change your theme to classic windows theme!
It works for me now.
If it does not work, it might be some steps I did before change theme.
I set the Matlab webserver service to Manual, but this did not fix the problem.
1
g6771011 (4)
2/15/2009 5:05:03 AM
I was having the same problem installing Matlab R2007a in Windows 7 beta.  Switching to the Windows Classic theme worked for me as well.  Thanks for the tip Dave.

"Dave Chen" <g6771011@live.com> wrote in message <gn87pv$7sr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
> >
> > After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
> >
> > Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?
>

> OK...I finally found the solution for this problem.
> Simply change your theme to classic windows theme!
> It works for me now.
> If it does not work, it might be some steps I did before change theme.
> I set the Matlab webserver service to Manual, but this did not fix the problem.
1
dgraziani (2)
2/19/2009 6:09:01 PM
On 15 =D7=A4=D7=91=D7=A8=D7=95=D7=90=D7=A8, 07:05, "Dave Chen" <g6771...@li=
ve.com> wrote:
> "Joseph " <wg_smile4e...@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar...@fred=
..mathworks.com>...
> > I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R20=
07b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.

> > After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot wind=
ow came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I=
 have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any lon=
ger. Running under "compatibility mode" =C2=A0doesnt work as well.

> > Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?
>
> OK...I finally found the solution for this problem.
> Simply change your theme to classic windows theme!
> It works for me now.
> If it does not work, it might be some steps I did before change theme.
> I set the Matlab webserver service to Manual, but this did not fix the pr=
oblem.

You are A genius , It's working , Thanks for the post
1
cotamir (2)
2/20/2009 4:58:06 PM
"Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
>
> After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
>
> Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?

Well I have the same problem. I tried it on windows classic theme and it will still shut off immediately.
"Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
>
> After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
>
> Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?

The easy solution would be to open 'matlab.exe' properties, go to "Compatibility" tab and select "Disable desktop composition".

This would allow you to enjoy the bubbly Win7 themes whenever you are doing other things, but switch to Basic theme once you try to run Matlab.
1
abc5912 (2)
5/8/2009 10:40:05 AM
goto C:\Program Files\Java copy folder named jreX or something like that
install latest jre before this
then open F:\MATLAB7\sys\java\jre\win32 or to a similar folder in c: where you installed matlab paste the copied folder in that folder rename a folder named jre1.4.2 which is already in the folder or similar folder to a different name and give the newly copied folder the old name of the folder which you just renamed

this will work definitely it worked for me on windows 7 with every theme
if any problem mail me R.Karthik@Ymail.com
1
r.karthik (5)
5/22/2009 3:37:04 PM
goto C:\Program Files\Java copy folder named jreX or something like that
install latest jre before this
then open F:\MATLAB7\sys\java\jre\win32 or to a similar folder in c: where you installed matlab paste the copied folder in that folder rename a folder named jre1.4.2 which is already in the folder or similar folder to a different name and give the newly copied folder the old name of the folder which you just renamed

this will work definitely it worked for me on windows 7 with every theme
if any problem mail me R.Karthik@Ymail.com
1
r.karthik (5)

Running in the classic windows theme, or checking "Disable desktop
composition" in the properties for matlab.exe both work for me.
(Changing the Java engine did not seem to make a difference, though.)
However, both of these settings will prevent you from using the Aero
theme.

I got MATLAB 2007b to work with Aero by following the steps on this
link:

  http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/159717

Briefly:

  1.  Right click on my computer, and select properties
  2.  Click "Advanced system settings"
  3.  Click "Environment variables ..."
  4.  Click "New ..." and add a variable named "MATLAB_RESERVE_LO"
with a value of "0".

Hit "OK" to close these dialog boxes, and MATLAB should work just like
a normal program in Aero!
So, I did the java folder fix, and matlab does run. But, a bunch of things run a little funky (like the underlines under the parentheses), and sisotool starts to run but gets a bunch of java errors and can't actually do anything. Changing back to the old java version and going to windows classic mode fixes all of this. I have jre6 (at least, that's the folder name in program files (x86) --> java --> jre6. Is there an old version of java that will work with windows 7 and matlab? The same problem happens even when I am in vista compatability mode and the desktop composition is enabled

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot
1
Matthew
6/3/2009 4:51:01 AM
I've had similar results to Mathew ^^^

When I try to start Matlab under normal Windows 7 settings I get a pop-up "Error Starting Desktop" with about 50 lines of java.something.or.other.

- Changing Compatability mode to Vista causes it to die on startup without the error message.

- Selecting "Disable desktop composition" does nothing.

- Copying over the java directory results in a warning message: "Warning: Unable to load Java Runtime Environment: C:\%matlab-directories%\jre1.5.0_05\bin\server\jvm.dll is not a valid Win32 application", then after OK displays another warning: "Warning: Disabling Java support" and then starts some crippled version of Matlab with only a prompt.

- Adding the environment variables causes Matlab to close immediately upon startup.

- Running Windows 7 with the Classic theme is the only method I've found to work for me, so I'm still interested in finding a better solution.
1
rcrabb (2)

On 8 Okt., 19:27, "Joel " <joseph.pfeif...@colorado.edu> wrote:
> "Ryan " <rcr...@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote in message <h45jim$3n...@fred.mathwor=
ks.com>...
> > I've had similar results to Mathew ^^^
>
> > When I try to start Matlab under normal Windows 7 settings I get a pop-=
up "Error Starting Desktop" with about 50 lines of java.something.or.other.

> > - Changing Compatability mode to Vista causes it to die on startup with=
out the error message.

> > - Selecting "Disable desktop composition" does nothing.
>
> > - Copying over the java directory results in a warning message: "Warnin=
g: Unable to load Java Runtime Environment: C:\%matlab-directories%\jre1.5.=
0_05\bin\server\jvm.dll is not a valid Win32 application", then after OK di=
splays another warning: "Warning: Disabling Java support" and then starts s=
ome crippled version of Matlab with only a prompt.

> > - Adding the environment variables causes Matlab to close immediately u=
pon startup.

> > - Running Windows 7 with the Classic theme is the only method I've foun=
d to work for me, so I'm still interested in finding a better solution.

Maybe this thread is dead by now, but I've used yet another solution
which might work for others as well:
Replacing the jre-folder and/or adding a new variable as described
above didn't work for me (Matlab 7.0.1 with Win7Pro and jre6
installed). I could start Matlab without the long list of java errors,
but then when using the program, e.g. plot tools, error messages still
showed up. In addition, browsing to a different working directory
caused the program to crash.

Inspired by a tip on a related problem (http://www.mathworks.com/
support/solutions/en/data/1-AUXDGC/index.html?product=3DML&solution=3D1-
AUXDGC), I ran already the Matlab setup.exe in Vista compatibility
mode. This alone didn't work either, but setting the Matlab to run in
Vista mode finally solved the problem, so now I can use Matlab with
Aero still enabled, without java error messages.
Dave,

I installed Matlab 7 in a Toshiba S300L Notebook with Windows 7 Professional. It worked after changing themes to Windows Classic. It had a lot of error messages when returning to the usual personal Theme. I copied the folder ...\jre6 to the corresponding folder al Matlab directory (as told by Recluze at http://recluze.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/matlab-7-under-windows-7/) and it worked correctly with my usual theme but it poured with java error messages at the command window when tried to change the properties of one of my usual plots (bode plot from the Control System Toolbox). While I look for a solution, I think I will change to Windows Classic Theme when working with Matlab 7.

Greetings.

Rigel.

"Dave Chen" <g6771011@live.com> wrote in message <gn87pv$7sr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> OK...I finally found the solution for this problem.
> Simply change your theme to classic windows theme!
> It works for me now.
1
RigelCM (8)
12/12/2009 8:00:07 PM
Sebastian,

I tried the Vista Compatibility Mode and it seems to be working OK. No jave messages, plots are correct, properties changing correct. (Matlab 7 in Windows 7 Pro 32 bits, on a Toshiba S300L, Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 220 GHz, 2 Gb)

Thank you for your tip.

Rigel.

Sebastian <reick.sebastian@googlemail.com> wrote in message <36aca404-e31d-41d0-9b5a-efc6d4743953@j4g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>...
> On 8 Okt., 19:27, "Joel " <joseph.pfeif...@colorado.edu> wrote:

> Inspired by a tip on a related problem (http://www.mathworks.com/
> support/solutions/en/data/1-AUXDGC/index.html?product=ML&solution=1-
> AUXDGC), I ran already the Matlab setup.exe in Vista compatibility
> mode. This alone didn't work either, but setting the Matlab to run in
> Vista mode finally solved the problem, so now I can use Matlab with
> Aero still enabled, without java error messages.
1
RigelCM (8)
12/13/2009 12:02:05 AM
"Ryan " <rcrabb@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote in message <h45jim$3nt$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I've had similar results to Mathew ^^^
>
> When I try to start Matlab under normal Windows 7 settings I get a pop-up "Error Starting Desktop" with about 50 lines of java.something.or.other.
>
> - Changing Compatability mode to Vista causes it to die on startup without the error message.
>
> - Selecting "Disable desktop composition" does nothing.
>
> - Copying over the java directory results in a warning message: "Warning: Unable to load Java Runtime Environment: C:\%matlab-directories%\jre1.5.0_05\bin\server\jvm.dll is not a valid Win32 application", then after OK displays another warning: "Warning: Disabling Java support" and then starts some crippled version of Matlab with only a prompt.
>
> - Adding the environment variables causes Matlab to close immediately upon startup.
>
> - Running Windows 7 with the Classic theme is the only method I've found to work for me, so I'm still interested in finding a better solution.

At first i've encountered the same problem with you.
The solution is easy, just change the compatible mode to windows 2000.
I hope it will work with yours too.
1
Jun
1/9/2010 8:20:19 PM
Hi, I have a problem with registering matlab, I install it regulatly and than i can't activate it, it says "the license file selected appear to be invalid"

Does anybody know how to fix this problem??

Thanks a lot
1
bboy_jura (4)
1/16/2010 10:35:04 PM

"Jura Perko" <bboy_jura@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a problem with registering matlab, I install it regulatly and
> than i can't activate it, it says "the license file selected appear to be
> invalid"
>
> Does anybody know how to fix this problem??

Contact Technical Support.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

1
slord (13686)
1/18/2010 4:18:23 AM
"Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
>
> After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
>
> Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?

We solved this problem by starting matlab with the -nosplash option.
(in the shortcut the target is: "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007b\bin\matlab.exe" -nosplash)
1
Erik
5/3/2010 3:26:05 PM
Jonathan <jon.driscoll@gmail.com> wrote in message <58e899cf-1282-4b55-9159-f02e9636ea5b@t21g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>...
> Hi,
>
> Running in the classic windows theme, or checking "Disable desktop
> composition" in the properties for matlab.exe both work for me.
> (Changing the Java engine did not seem to make a difference, though.)
> However, both of these settings will prevent you from using the Aero
> theme.
>
> I got MATLAB 2007b to work with Aero by following the steps on this
> link:
>
>   http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/159717
>
> Briefly:
>
>   1.  Right click on my computer, and select properties
>   2.  Click "Advanced system settings"
>   3.  Click "Environment variables ..."
>   4.  Click "New ..." and add a variable named "MATLAB_RESERVE_LO"
> with a value of "0".
>
> Hit "OK" to close these dialog boxes, and MATLAB should work just like
> a normal program in Aero!

Running Windows 7 Ultimate everything is OK with the  above settings
1
Panos
5/17/2010 7:25:21 PM
"Panos " <panoskak@gmail.com> wrote in message <hss571$rli$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Jonathan <jon.driscoll@gmail.com> wrote in message <58e899cf-1282-4b55-9159-f02e9636ea5b@t21g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Running in the classic windows theme, or checking "Disable desktop
> > composition" in the properties for matlab.exe both work for me.
> > (Changing the Java engine did not seem to make a difference, though.)
> > However, both of these settings will prevent you from using the Aero
> > theme.
> >
> > I got MATLAB 2007b to work with Aero by following the steps on this
> > link:
> >
> >   http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/159717
> >
> > Briefly:
> >
> >   1.  Right click on my computer, and select properties
> >   2.  Click "Advanced system settings"
> >   3.  Click "Environment variables ..."
> >   4.  Click "New ..." and add a variable named "MATLAB_RESERVE_LO"
> > with a value of "0".
> >
> > Hit "OK" to close these dialog boxes, and MATLAB should work just like
> > a normal program in Aero!
>
> Running Windows 7 Ultimate everything is OK with the  above settings
1
basavangouda
5/20/2010 6:20:22 AM
"Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
>
> After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
>
> Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?
1
Felix
9/15/2010 8:10:26 AM
"Dave Chen" <g6771011@live.com> wrote in message <gn87pv$7sr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
> >
> > After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
> >
> > Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?
>

> OK...I finally found the solution for this problem.
> Simply change your theme to classic windows theme!
> It works for me now.
> If it does not work, it might be some steps I did before change theme.
> I set the Matlab webserver service to Manual, but this did not fix the problem.
1
Prashanth
11/3/2010 7:41:04 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to share my experience.
To me running on "Vista Compatibility Mode" was the easiest of all the possible solutions. Nothing more to do, no folders to move, everything works fine.

I used the same approach for installing COMSOL 3 and was equally successful after having failed to install/run it with other methods.

Thanks for the tip !!!

PS: I was surprised that "WinXP compatibility mode" doesn't work...

"Celso Montalvo" <RigelCM@gmail.com> wrote in message <hg1att$qmj$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Sebastian,
>
> I tried the Vista Compatibility Mode and it seems to be working OK. No jave messages, plots are correct, properties changing correct. (Matlab 7 in Windows 7 Pro 32 bits, on a Toshiba S300L, Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 220 GHz, 2 Gb)
>
> Thank you for your tip.
>
> Rigel.
>
> Sebastian <reick.sebastian@googlemail.com> wrote in message <36aca404-e31d-41d0-9b5a-efc6d4743953@j4g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>...
> > On 8 Okt., 19:27, "Joel " <joseph.pfeif...@colorado.edu> wrote:
>
> > Inspired by a tip on a related problem (http://www.mathworks.com/
> > support/solutions/en/data/1-AUXDGC/index.html?product=ML&solution=1-
> > AUXDGC), I ran already the Matlab setup.exe in Vista compatibility
> > mode. This alone didn't work either, but setting the Matlab to run in
> > Vista mode finally solved the problem, so now I can use Matlab with
> > Aero still enabled, without java error messages.
1
Daniel
12/14/2010 4:59:08 AM
Thanks for this tip!  It worked perfectly for me.

"Ondrej Simecek" wrote in message <gu1265$3rm$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
> >
> > After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
> >
> > Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?
>
> The easy solution would be to open 'matlab.exe' properties, go to "Compatibility" tab and select "Disable desktop composition".
>
> This would allow you to enjoy the bubbly Win7 themes whenever you are doing other things, but switch to Basic theme once you try to run Matlab.
1
JT
1/28/2011 4:50:07 PM
"Dominic " <dgraziani@berkeley.edu> wrote in message <gnk77t$34s$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I was having the same problem installing Matlab R2007a in Windows 7 beta.  Switching to the Windows Classic theme worked for me as well.  Thanks for the tip Dave.
>
> "Dave Chen" <g6771011@live.com> wrote in message <gn87pv$7sr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > "Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > > I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
> > >
> > > After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
> > >
> > > Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?
> >

> > OK...I finally found the solution for this problem.
> > Simply change your theme to classic windows theme!
> > It works for me now.
> > If it does not work, it might be some steps I did before change theme.
> > I set the Matlab webserver service to Manual, but this did not fix the problem.
1
Sameer
2/5/2011 8:59:04 AM
..
I had the same problem;  switching to windows classic worked perfectly for me too.
thanks for the simple solution for a frustrating problem (matlab worked the first time right after I installed it,  but not again).

GeoZ

..
1
gzubal (2)
5/30/2011 8:39:05 PM
"Dave Chen" <g6771011@live.com> wrote in message <gn87pv$7sr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> Simply change your theme to classic windows theme!
> It works for me now.
> If it does not work, it might be some steps I did before change theme.
> I set the Matlab webserver service to Manual, but this did not fix the problem.
Hey guys,i got a fix,just right click on teh app,choose properties,select the compatibility tab...it's probably showing operating for windows XP...don't change it to windows 7,choose windows vista...tada,problem solved NO NEED TO CHANGE THEME
Good luck

"Joseph " <wg_smile4ever@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gn4ect$ar1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
>
> After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I have checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longer. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
>
> Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?
1
tchankwes (7)
2/29/2012 5:15:16 AM
this was

On Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:50:22 AM UTC+5:30, basavangouda gangangoudar wrote:
> &quot;Panos &quot; &lt;panoskak@gmail.com&gt; wrote in message &lt;hss571$rli$1@fred.mathworks.com&gt;...
> &gt; Jonathan &lt;jon.driscoll@gmail.com&gt; wrote in message &lt;58e899cf-1282-4b55-9159-f02e9636ea5b@t21g2000yqi.googlegroups.com&gt;...
> &gt; &gt; Hi,
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt; Running in the classic windows theme, or checking &quot;Disable desktop
> &gt; &gt; composition&quot; in the properties for matlab.exe both work for me.
> &gt; &gt; (Changing the Java engine did not seem to make a difference, though.)
> &gt; &gt; However, both of these settings will prevent you from using the Aero
> &gt; &gt; theme.
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt; I got MATLAB 2007b to work with Aero by following the steps on this
> &gt; &gt; link:
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt;   http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/159717
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt; Briefly:
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt;   1.  Right click on my computer, and select properties
> &gt; &gt;   2.  Click &quot;Advanced system settings&quot;
> &gt; &gt;   3.  Click &quot;Environment variables ...&quot;
> &gt; &gt;   4.  Click &quot;New ...&quot; and add a variable named &quot;MATLAB_RESERVE_LO&quot;
> &gt; &gt; with a value of &quot;0&quot;.
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt; Hit &quot;OK&quot; to close these dialog boxes, and MATLAB should work just like
> &gt; &gt; a normal program in Aero!
> &gt;
> &gt; Running Windows 7 Ultimate everything is OK with the  above settings

 the best solution i got!! thanku...
Thanks a lot Jonathan, it is working!

On Friday, February 13, 2009 10:33:01 AM UTC-8, Joseph  wrote:
> I recently changed my system to Windows 7 Beta and installed Matlab R2007=
b on it. The installation progress went well but I can not run it.
>=20
> After I double-clicked on the Matlab icon on the desktop, the boot window=
 came out then disappeared quickly. But the main window never came out. I h=
ave checked windows running processes, the Matlab was not running any longe=
r. Running under "compatibility mode"  doesnt work as well.
>=20
> Are there any other friends here facing the same problem?

change the system theme to window classic from control panel - personalizat=
ion. it indeed works for me.
1
cmdtechs (2)