How to save variables as *.m file

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

HI:

I have two variables :
A=[1,3];
B=[3,1];

I want to save A and B as test.m file, not test.txt or test.mat file.
Then I can call eval(test.m) to introduce these two variables.
Can anyone help me with it?

Thank you.
0
Reply sjtu_yh (2) 2/4/2007 8:26:09 PM

See related articles to this posting

How to save current workspace in m-file without saving the variables from the m-file
Hi I would like to save the current workspace variables in my matlab. I type save ***.mat in my m-file but i realise it does not save the workspace, rather it saved all the variables from this m-file. So how can i save my workspace from my m-file? Likewise the load function only load ***.mat into the m-file memory but it does not appear in the matlab workspace. I do want it to immediately appear in my workspace like a normal loading of mat workspace file. I cannot do that using load function in m-file. However, the load and save function can work when i used it in the command line! But i can...

Matlab freezes for a short while when saving an m-file, then overwrites m-file with blank file
I'm having a problem with saving files in Matlab. Every so often Matlab freezes for a short while when saving an m-file, then overwrites m-file with blank file and shows this in the Editor window. All the code is gone and I am left with an empty file, saved over the top of my file with the same name. I am saving to a network drive and it happens to both me and my colleague. It also happen in multiple versions of Matlab. Any ideas? So far the best I have been able to do is make sure autosave is turned on and copy the contents of the autosave into the blank file, meaning I only lose a ...

Saving variables in m-file
Hi There is a save function in matlab , which saves the variables in MAT-fil. Is there any function Can be save the variables in m-file?? With my best wishes, Ramy Why would you want to do such a thing??? You could parse them out individually, converting the contents to string and applying the appropriate constructor. You'd have to do it recursively in order to handle cell arrays and structures. Michael "Ramy" <Ramy@mail1.com> wrote in message news:eeea91c.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi > > There is a save function in matlab , which saves the variables in >...

variable deleted by saving m-file?
Is this a bug or am I getting crazy?? I have a variable "data" in my workspace and an m-file called "Make data.m" opened. When I make a change to the m-file and save it, the variable in the workspace gets deleted. I could reproduce this behaviour with other names (like "data2" for both m-file and workspace variable). I searched for a bug like this on the website but I couldn't one like this. My version is 6.5 (R13) Anyone any idea? Tanks in advance, Rik Rik wrote: > > > Is this a bug or am I getting crazy?? > I have a variable "data" i...

Call external m-file with input variables from compiled m-file
Hi all, I have a function that IN MATLAB calls a separate m-file which contains inputs for the program. How can I compile the main function but still include that call to the separate m-file, which may be edited by the user to change the variables (which get loaded into the workspace when the file is called as it is)? The main function process.m looks like: function process() inputs % process inputs end and the inputs.m files looks like: date='090331' dirs.root='/Users/johnsmit/Files'; dirs.output=[dirs.root '/Ouput']; Can I compile p...

Get variable from another m-file and place it in current m-file in Matlab
Hi there, How I have a matlab file that calculates a variable "l".Now i want to call this "l" variable in another matlab file I am working on. How do i do this please? Urgent!! On 11/14/2012 4:39 AM, Francis Etu-Menson wrote: > Hi there, > How I have a matlab file that calculates a variable "l".Now i want to call this "l" variable >in another matlab file I am working on. How do i do this please? Urgent!! > The first function A() will return this variable "L" as its return value. Then you can pass this variable "L&q...

saving variables in M file S-functions
i want to save variables (like arrays) in m-file s- functions. is there anyone for a suggestion? regards... Hi, You can do this in a number of ways. You can write them to a file at each time step, or you can use the assignin command to dump it in the MATLAB workspace and save it after the simulation. Let me know if I can be of further help, Omur Bas www.promodsoftware.com.tr "Ercan Atam" <ercan.atam@boun.edu.tr> wrote in message <g7qqhn$8bt$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > i want to save variables (like arrays) in m-file s- > functions. > > is there ...

How to load and save values from m file and then manipulate by calling fom command window without running all the m file again
Dear friends, please help me in this problem. i ran a progam which takes comparatively long time. i have ti run the program again and again for checking differen parameters. i know there is a way of saving the data some where, like writn save data.mat at the end and then loading from the command window like load data.mat, but i m not sure about the syntax, without running all the m file over again. ImageAnalyst pointed out a method but i donot folow that, i tried over but could not get my expected result. could some body please help me ni this? i just want to save my time, today i spent the...

saving files using a variable file name
I would like to have a loop that saves a series of files of different names but it seems like I can't use a variable string as my file name when using save. For example: >> name = 'testname.mat' >> save name saves a file named <name.mat> when I'd like a file named <testname.mat>. Is there a way to do what I am looking for? Thanks. Kasey Kasey Horton wrote: > > > I would like to have a loop that saves a series of files of > different > names but it seems like I can't use a variable string as my file > name > when using save. ...

how to pass variables to mdl file from m file
I have written a function and for which i pass some variable and these variables are inturn send o simulink file. after execution the data from simulink is got and analysed. If the result is not satisfactory, again the variables need to be passed to the function until the result is satifactory. the problem is that the variable passed to function is not getting into the model. please help me in doing this. expecting your reply Well, it sounds like that you've written the function but it didn't work exactly as you want. Can you post more details so we know enough to answer? To make som...

How to save the layout and objects from *.fig file to a *.m file?
Hi guys, I am using GUIDE to design a GUI. Now I wanna save the static text and all other objects on that GUI into an M file. I hope to get a file consisting of many uicontrol functions that corresponding to the objects on my GUI. With that M file, I can modify the GUI objects without starting GUIDE but just editing that M file. How can I make it? Sheng Bao wrote: > Hi guys, > > I am using GUIDE to design a GUI. > > Now I wanna save the static text and all other objects on that GUI > into an M file. > I hope to get a file consisting of many uicontrol functions that &g...

File with variables that will be shared between different m files
HI i trying to find a god way of greating a file that contains different variables. fx settings.Fs=44100; settings.mic.gain=1000; etc does anybodye have any good ideas. all variables shall not be erased when program is exit rgds icecube On 29 Jan., 09:11, icecube <matlab....@googlemail.com> wrote: > HI > > i trying to find a god way of greating a file that contains different > variables. > > fx > settings.Fs=44100; > settings.mic.gain=1000; > etc > > does anybodye have any good ideas. > all variables shall not be erased when program is exit > ...

how can I save text files to the file name which defined by variable
hi I have a file named time_fina which is a array, and want save it to a text file , which located in the directory name 'e:\temp\' and the site_name is a variable defined above, '_mload.dat3' is the suffix name. for example my program is below, time_fina = [1 2 3 4 5 6]; save_name = strcat('e:\temp\',site_name,'_mload.dat3'); save save_name time_fina -ascii thanks . Dear mouse cat! > I have a file named time_fina which is a array, and want save it to a text file , which located in the directory name 'e:\temp\' and the site_name is a...

Bloated files when saving large variables to .mat files with -append
Hello all, I am working with a series of variables 100000x130 in size. These variables are processed seperately and saved individually to a common .mat file using the save function with the append option. Now, when a series of nine variables are saved individually in this manner, the resulting .mat file is approximately 1.2GB. If saved all at once using save, the resulting matlab file is about 320MB. Compression is turned on and I am using Matlab7. This happens no matter the number of variables saved, be it 2 or 20. The line in the m-file that does the appending is as follows: sav...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

in malab7(windows 7) i'm not able to save a m-file
in malab7(windows 7) i'm not able to save a m-file. please find some solution!!! "prince kumar" <prince6249@gmail.com> wrote in message <hunfq6$9ld$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > in malab7(windows 7) i'm not able to save a m-file. > please find some solution!!! You are not going to find the response you are looking for without providing more information. ...

Calling another m file from an m file
I have my main program written, and I'm trying to call rise.m inside of it. rise.m is supposed to do some calculations and then plot it in a specified GUI graph. I've been using the function and having the output arguments for plotting in the main program and left the calculations in the rise.m Is function an efficient way of doing this? Or is there a better way to call an external m file? -Stephen Ok, I've figured out how to do that, but in my secondary m file, it needs to use the axis of the first m file's gui. Is there a way I can pass the handles to the second m file? ...

How to run different m.files from a m.file
Hy guys, I want to know how to run different m.files from a main m.file. I know if i put the name of a m.file in other m.file, it will execute, but i want a different application. I need a process that I can execute different m.files when I change the name of the m.file by a string variable. For example: a.m % first m.file x=1 b.m % second m-file x=2 c.m % third m.file test.m % main m.file str='a.m'; % I need a comand to execute a m.file from a str variable Regards, Tiago Sousa You'll need the eval() function to do that. "Tiago Sousa" <tas.tiago.sousa@gmail...

Creating m-file from within m-file
I have several questions that I may be able to address by just asking how to write a simple program. I need to write a function that does the following: (1) Takes a vector as an input. (2) Creates a new m-file that is also a newly created function. It starts with the function heading (which remains constant), but the body of the new function depends on the contens of the vector. (3) Saves the new m-file as name "mynewfct" in the current directory. (4) Doesn't return any values. For instance, assume Vec = [1 2 3 4 5], I need a function I can call as mynewfun(Vec) t...

Save (i)th variable from a structure to an individual text file with dynamic file name
I wrote this code data=repmat([1:1:5],5,1); test.input=[]; test.output =[]; for i=1:5 test.input(:,:,i)= data(:,:); test.output(:,:,i)=data(:,:).*i; name = ['lwp_',num2str(i),'.txt']; dt = test.output(:,:,i); save name dt; end clear i name dt; What I would like to get out of this is 5 text files named out1.txt, out2.txt, etcetera, with each one containing the (i)th output, that is test.output(:,:,1),test.output(:,:,2), etcetera What I get instead is a single name.mat file. COnversely, if I replace save name dt; with save (name, dt)...

Load m-file from within other m-file?
Hi all. I've got what I'm sure is a very newb question. I cant seem to sort it out with the help manual so forgive me. How do you load and run an m-file from within another m-file? I need to run about 30 m-files and I dont want to lump them all together into one giant file, but rather call them seperatly. Thanks for your time guys, Brian "Brian Mac G" <bmgri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ef2f424.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi all. > > I've got what I'm sure is a very newb question. I cant seem to sort > it out with the help manual so forgive ...

SOS: How to save large, sparce m-file as full-size .dat file
I tried fulldata=full(data); save fulldata -ascii; It only transforms the first line. Is it because I don't have enough RAM or there is a problem with the command?? Many many thanks, Xue Bai Carnegie Mellon University Xue Bai wrote: > I tried > fulldata=full(data); > save fulldata -ascii; > > It only transforms the first line. Is it because I don't have enough > RAM or there is a problem with the command?? I suggest that you also give a filename to save: save MyData.dat fulldata -ascii -Herbert > It only transforms the first line. Is it because I ...

Put an m-file in another m-file?
Is it possible to access another m-file from within an m-file without using functions? I have generate lots of m-files with numbers in them, and would like to treat all these m-files in the same way, without open each one of them and paste the same code in all of them. I am looking for something similar to include(); used in for example php. You just have to call it. % load global data myGlobalDataScript; all variables will then share the same scope, the base scope. Cheers, Robert Veronica wrote: > Is it possible to access another m-file from within an m-file without > usi...

including a .m file in another .m file
Hi, I am in a situation where i have a .m file(say data.m) which nothing but a structure declaration i.e it looks like a.b.c.first = [1,2] a.b.c.second = [3,4] a.b.c.third = [5,6] and so on...... Now i have another existing function which needs to use the the variables from these structure variables i.e. in my big function (say test.m ) i need to use temp_variable = a.b.c.first both the .m files are in same directory. I tried doing fopen,load etc but seems like my data.m is still alien to my test.m file. Is there a way i can do it? i just want to use s...