How to save variables as *.m file

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

HI:

I have two variables :
A=[1,3];
B=[3,1];

I want to save A and B as test.m file, not test.txt or test.mat file.
Then I can call eval(test.m) to introduce these two variables.
Can anyone help me with it?

Thank you.
0
Reply sjtu_yh (2) 2/4/2007 8:26:09 PM

See related articles to this posting

How to save current workspace in m-file without saving the variables from the m-file
Hi I would like to save the current workspace variables in my matlab. I type save ***.mat in my m-file but i realise it does not save the workspace, rather it saved all the variables from this m-file. So how can i save my workspace from my m-file? Likewise the load function only load ***.mat into the m-file memory but it does not appear in the matlab workspace. I do want it to immediately appear in my workspace like a normal loading of mat workspace file. I cannot do that using load function in m-file. However, the load and save function can work when i used it in the command line! But i can...

Saving variables in m-file
Hi There is a save function in matlab , which saves the variables in MAT-fil. Is there any function Can be save the variables in m-file?? With my best wishes, Ramy Why would you want to do such a thing??? You could parse them out individually, converting the contents to string and applying the appropriate constructor. You'd have to do it recursively in order to handle cell arrays and structures. Michael "Ramy" <Ramy@mail1.com> wrote in message news:eeea91c.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi > > There is a save function in matlab , which saves the variables in >...

variable deleted by saving m-file?
Is this a bug or am I getting crazy?? I have a variable "data" in my workspace and an m-file called "Make data.m" opened. When I make a change to the m-file and save it, the variable in the workspace gets deleted. I could reproduce this behaviour with other names (like "data2" for both m-file and workspace variable). I searched for a bug like this on the website but I couldn't one like this. My version is 6.5 (R13) Anyone any idea? Tanks in advance, Rik Rik wrote: > > > Is this a bug or am I getting crazy?? > I have a variable "data" i...

saving variables in M file S-functions
i want to save variables (like arrays) in m-file s- functions. is there anyone for a suggestion? regards... Hi, You can do this in a number of ways. You can write them to a file at each time step, or you can use the assignin command to dump it in the MATLAB workspace and save it after the simulation. Let me know if I can be of further help, Omur Bas www.promodsoftware.com.tr "Ercan Atam" <ercan.atam@boun.edu.tr> wrote in message <g7qqhn$8bt$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > i want to save variables (like arrays) in m-file s- > functions. > > is there ...

Matlab freezes for a short while when saving an m-file, then overwrites m-file with blank file
I'm having a problem with saving files in Matlab. Every so often Matlab freezes for a short while when saving an m-file, then overwrites m-file with blank file and shows this in the Editor window. All the code is gone and I am left with an empty file, saved over the top of my file with the same name. I am saving to a network drive and it happens to both me and my colleague. It also happen in multiple versions of Matlab. Any ideas? So far the best I have been able to do is make sure autosave is turned on and copy the contents of the autosave into the blank file, meaning I only lose a ...

Call external m-file with input variables from compiled m-file
Hi all, I have a function that IN MATLAB calls a separate m-file which contains inputs for the program. How can I compile the main function but still include that call to the separate m-file, which may be edited by the user to change the variables (which get loaded into the workspace when the file is called as it is)? The main function process.m looks like: function process() inputs % process inputs end and the inputs.m files looks like: date='090331' dirs.root='/Users/johnsmit/Files'; dirs.output=[dirs.root '/Ouput']; Can I compile p...

Get variable from another m-file and place it in current m-file in Matlab
Hi there, How I have a matlab file that calculates a variable "l".Now i want to call this "l" variable in another matlab file I am working on. How do i do this please? Urgent!! On 11/14/2012 4:39 AM, Francis Etu-Menson wrote: > Hi there, > How I have a matlab file that calculates a variable "l".Now i want to call this "l" variable >in another matlab file I am working on. How do i do this please? Urgent!! > The first function A() will return this variable "L" as its return value. Then you can pass this variable "L&q...

How to load and save values from m file and then manipulate by calling fom command window without running all the m file again
Dear friends, please help me in this problem. i ran a progam which takes comparatively long time. i have ti run the program again and again for checking differen parameters. i know there is a way of saving the data some where, like writn save data.mat at the end and then loading from the command window like load data.mat, but i m not sure about the syntax, without running all the m file over again. ImageAnalyst pointed out a method but i donot folow that, i tried over but could not get my expected result. could some body please help me ni this? i just want to save my time, today i spent the...

saving files using a variable file name
I would like to have a loop that saves a series of files of different names but it seems like I can't use a variable string as my file name when using save. For example: >> name = 'testname.mat' >> save name saves a file named <name.mat> when I'd like a file named <testname.mat>. Is there a way to do what I am looking for? Thanks. Kasey Kasey Horton wrote: > > > I would like to have a loop that saves a series of files of > different > names but it seems like I can't use a variable string as my file > name > when using save. ...

how to pass variables to mdl file from m file
I have written a function and for which i pass some variable and these variables are inturn send o simulink file. after execution the data from simulink is got and analysed. If the result is not satisfactory, again the variables need to be passed to the function until the result is satifactory. the problem is that the variable passed to function is not getting into the model. please help me in doing this. expecting your reply Well, it sounds like that you've written the function but it didn't work exactly as you want. Can you post more details so we know enough to answer? To make som...

How to save the layout and objects from *.fig file to a *.m file?
Hi guys, I am using GUIDE to design a GUI. Now I wanna save the static text and all other objects on that GUI into an M file. I hope to get a file consisting of many uicontrol functions that corresponding to the objects on my GUI. With that M file, I can modify the GUI objects without starting GUIDE but just editing that M file. How can I make it? Sheng Bao wrote: > Hi guys, > > I am using GUIDE to design a GUI. > > Now I wanna save the static text and all other objects on that GUI > into an M file. > I hope to get a file consisting of many uicontrol functions that &g...

File with variables that will be shared between different m files
HI i trying to find a god way of greating a file that contains different variables. fx settings.Fs=44100; settings.mic.gain=1000; etc does anybodye have any good ideas. all variables shall not be erased when program is exit rgds icecube On 29 Jan., 09:11, icecube <matlab....@googlemail.com> wrote: > HI > > i trying to find a god way of greating a file that contains different > variables. > > fx > settings.Fs=44100; > settings.mic.gain=1000; > etc > > does anybodye have any good ideas. > all variables shall not be erased when program is exit > ...

how can I save text files to the file name which defined by variable
hi I have a file named time_fina which is a array, and want save it to a text file , which located in the directory name 'e:\temp\' and the site_name is a variable defined above, '_mload.dat3' is the suffix name. for example my program is below, time_fina = [1 2 3 4 5 6]; save_name = strcat('e:\temp\',site_name,'_mload.dat3'); save save_name time_fina -ascii thanks . Dear mouse cat! > I have a file named time_fina which is a array, and want save it to a text file , which located in the directory name 'e:\temp\' and the site_name is a...

Bloated files when saving large variables to .mat files with -append
Hello all, I am working with a series of variables 100000x130 in size. These variables are processed seperately and saved individually to a common .mat file using the save function with the append option. Now, when a series of nine variables are saved individually in this manner, the resulting .mat file is approximately 1.2GB. If saved all at once using save, the resulting matlab file is about 320MB. Compression is turned on and I am using Matlab7. This happens no matter the number of variables saved, be it 2 or 20. The line in the m-file that does the appending is as follows: sav...

in malab7(windows 7) i'm not able to save a m-file
in malab7(windows 7) i'm not able to save a m-file. please find some solution!!! "prince kumar" <prince6249@gmail.com> wrote in message <hunfq6$9ld$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > in malab7(windows 7) i'm not able to save a m-file. > please find some solution!!! You are not going to find the response you are looking for without providing more information. ...

Save (i)th variable from a structure to an individual text file with dynamic file name
I wrote this code data=repmat([1:1:5],5,1); test.input=[]; test.output =[]; for i=1:5 test.input(:,:,i)= data(:,:); test.output(:,:,i)=data(:,:).*i; name = ['lwp_',num2str(i),'.txt']; dt = test.output(:,:,i); save name dt; end clear i name dt; What I would like to get out of this is 5 text files named out1.txt, out2.txt, etcetera, with each one containing the (i)th output, that is test.output(:,:,1),test.output(:,:,2), etcetera What I get instead is a single name.mat file. COnversely, if I replace save name dt; with save (name, dt)...

SOS: How to save large, sparce m-file as full-size .dat file
I tried fulldata=full(data); save fulldata -ascii; It only transforms the first line. Is it because I don't have enough RAM or there is a problem with the command?? Many many thanks, Xue Bai Carnegie Mellon University Xue Bai wrote: > I tried > fulldata=full(data); > save fulldata -ascii; > > It only transforms the first line. Is it because I don't have enough > RAM or there is a problem with the command?? I suggest that you also give a filename to save: save MyData.dat fulldata -ascii -Herbert > It only transforms the first line. Is it because I ...

.m file cannot be saved
Hi, I opened editor, clicked on "new", then a new unsaved blank .m file popped out, I composed a new .m file by entering code into this blank file, then I clicked on save, and entered the file name and location I wanted to save, then clicked OK. But the file won't save! It still show as untitle.m*... Also, sometimes I cannot save .mat file as well. This is worse, I cannot save my results of days' simulation running. Sometimes I close and re-open this file, it might be able to save things. But this is too annoying. Any solution please? much appreciated. "You Z...

Saving variables in File!
Hi all, I want to do two things: 1. Say I have workspace as h.s.a, h.s.b, h.s.c, Now I want to save variable 's' in the .mat file. I cannot use save(filename, h.s) then wat do i do ?? -struct option not working :( 2. I want to save all the variables in the ASCII format..but I want to indent the file as I want, using the save command. thanx -shadangi Abhishek Kumar Shadangi: <SNIP wants to do two things... > 1. Say I have workspace as h.s.a, h.s.b, h.s.c, Now I want to save variable 's' in the .mat file. one way: h.s.a=1; h.s.b=2; h.s.c=3; s=h.s;...

Saving variables on the same file
Hi all, I am running multiple jobs (i.e. the same function with different params) on Linux and I want to save the results on different columns of the same variable on the same file e.g. result.mat. However, the problem is that each of these function calls will overwrite on the same varialble if I simply do this: [out] = function(id) out (:,id) =.... save('result.mat','out'); This way, each function call will write zeros on every column other than column id which have the results of other calls to this function. How can I do this without my variables being overwritte...

Saving M-Files
I wonder if somebody could help me, For some reason, if I program any m-file (usually starting with 'function' on the first line) into my m-file editor and then proceed to save it, it always is saved as a text file, not an m-file. where the word 'function' at the top line was blue, it is now black and obviously this text file is useless as it cannot be used in the command window. At first I thought it may be my programming that was an issue, but I have copied pre-written m-files from the internet (eg. wikipedia) as well as m-files my friends have written, directly into my m-fi...

save all variables to a file
Is there any way to have a fortran program (or debugger debugging that prog= ram) save all the variables currently in use to a file? For example, at some point in the fortran program, I would like to place a = command to dump all variables to a file, then change some things, recompile= and run, then save the variables again to see what has changed. These file= s could be saved for future reference. Does a core dump do this? Is there any way to access the variable name/valu= es from a core dump? Can debuggers do this? Right now I am using either intel fortran or gfortra= n, ddd ...

how save binary file into variable ??
please help me how import / save binary file into variable ( byte array or ect )?? -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] agus tegar wrote: > please help me how import / save binary file into variable ( byte > array or ect )?? > > Very simple. For starters, please study the following concepts: std::ostream.write std::istream.read new 1. Allocate a big contiguous area in memory, large enough to contain the contents of the file. For example: const unsigned int M...

How to save paths as an m file
I have a utility/program that lets user select a bunch of relevant paths using uigetdir. After the paths are selected and entered in the program and when the user hits save, I have to sort and store them as an m function. Each time the user runs this program, adds new paths or deletes them and save the changes, I have to open this m file and modify it to reflect the changes. This m-function is to be used in other programs and when run returns all these paths in a cell array. This is how it is supposed to look like : ************************************************************* function paths =...