how to stop a recording process in matlab GUIDE

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

i have a problem to stop a recording process...i have set the time for
recording is 30 second long..but i cant stop the process in the middle
of recording...i have create a stop push button which still doesnt work
as it should be....can someone help me plzzz...been to mathwork forum
for this..but there is no reply...so im trying over here...hope to get
the answer right...thanks in advance...

0
Reply aisar1906470 (1) 4/21/2006 5:29:34 PM

See related articles to this posting

Hi Apis

If you use 'wavrecord' as a function for recording process, then you can't stop recording till the specified time has run out. But, if you use 'audiorecorder' and 'record', then it is very simple to do what you intend to. See the explanation of these functions in Matlab's Help. The pushbutton would still exist. Post me you reply if it works well for you.
0
Reply v.milicev (10) 6/23/2006 3:46:58 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

how to stop a matlab process ?
sorry if it sounds a little basic, but i can't figure out how to stop a m-file running without killing Matlab... ctrl-c does not work... i'm running matlab under Linux fedora core 3 Hex wrote: > > > sorry if it sounds a little basic, but i can't figure out how to > stop > a m-file running without killing Matlab... ctrl-c does not work... > i'm running matlab under Linux fedora core 3 I am using Windows and Ctrl-break works fine. No idea if this works on a Linux system. Probably as effective as Ctrl-c. Jan. ...

MATLAB Code for a stop process button which executes and halt the process of running data files in between or at anytime
Hello I am trying to think of a MATLAB code that will enable a stop button that will halt the list of files to be processed anytime in between and it is like this Once I have added a list of files to be processed, a progressbar shows up(I want to know how to create that..) once a Go button is clicked and when the dialog box appears.once click stop processing it should stop in between...... Any ideas will be appreciated... Ram wrote: > > > Hello > > I am trying to think of a MATLAB code that will enable a stop > button that will halt the list of files to be processed anyt...

Record matlab animation process
My case is complicated. first I creat a GUI interface with 4 panels and 2 axes, then I also made two pushbuttons on the GUI, click the first one, the background on panels and axes show up, click the second one, the progressing curve lines and moving images will show on the panels and axes. Is it possible to record the process above to make it a avi file by matlab? The matlab files contain one .M file and one .f file. If so, how? Thanks ...

Image processing with Matlab Guide
Hi, I want to build a simple Matlab program with GUI. It has the button load image (user can choose the file from the pop up box ), and after that it will display the image. After that, user will click the Start button and it will execute some functions. But in the callback function of the Start button, I cannot access to the image loaded anymore. I can only access it in the callback of the load image button by im = imread([Path Name]). I am very new to Matlab and I really really need help. Thanks and regards, J Jenny: You can use MAGIC to do this. http://www.mathworks.com/matlabce...

matlab stops processing when computer is locked
Hi, I have a problem with Matlab 7.01 and Windows XP. Each Time i start a batch process in Matlab it stops when i lock my workstation! I dont know if other Matlab versions have the same problem. But I know that it worked in the past. I always could lock off my computer to protect it. Maybe there are some Windows Xp Settings wrong? The Facts: - Matlab is running as a "normal" process. - I use waitbar for showing the remaining processing time. - when i lock my computer (e.g. using WinKey +L) the process stops after short time and continues when i log on again. Thanx 4 your help,...

Conditionnally stop all processes in Enterprise Guide
Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to conditionnaly stop all processes in Enterprise Guide. In normal SAS code, I used the %ABORT statement that I stored in a macro function. So I just have to use a CALL EXECUTE statement in my DATA step to call the %STOP_NOW (my custom macro function who calls the %ABORT statement). But I tried with Enterprise Guide and it stops the current Code task but keeps going on other tasks. Is there a way? Thanks! Louis You need to upgrade to the latest version of Enterprise Guide (version 4), prior to that, an error in one node didn't stop the pr...

how to stop the execution of a matlab program made by GUIDE
hi, I have a matlab program made by GUIDE,running of some function triggered by a pushbutton takes too much time,I want to stop it but I donot want to quit my program,how can I do this? ...

Matlab7.0 is strucking when processing and matlab process is showing as matlab.hwd.....
Hi! Iam new to this group.................. I don't know whether i can post this doubt here or not... Iam a regular user of MATLAB7.0... I have newly installed matlab 2007b and worked for some time and then because my system became slow.....I uninstalled the Matlab2007B and i again installed matlab7.0 Presently iam working with serial communication using MATLAB7.0 . My problem is system became too much slow every time when matlab is working..................... If i see in Task Manager " Matlab.hwd " is taking 54 to 93 % of the time..actually matlab Process is not showing as &...

When to stop
Hello This is part coding and part protocol design. I am developing a very simple protocol and working out how to parse out received data into messages. I can process the stream of bytes just about but I think I need help in design. My data is in tlv format and I might get 1 or many tlv's to parse. I know the length of the entire byte stream. This is what I have so far: #include <stdio.h> const char* getType(size_t type) { switch(type) { case 0: return "uint8_t"; case 1: return "byte array"; default: return "unkn...

Stop current record from moving to another record
I input data into two textboxes on Form1 which returns three records into Form2. I then Print record 2of3 using criteria from Form2. stLinkCriteria = "[PartNumber]= '" & Forms![frm_Edit_Completed_I&T_Sheet]![txtPartNumber] & "'" & " AND [MacPacNumber]= '" & Forms![frm_Edit_Completed_I&T_Sheet]![txtMacpacNumber] & "'" & " AND [DiscSerialNumber]= '" & Forms![frm_Edit_Completed_I&T_Sheet]![txtDiskSerailNumber] & "'" stDocName = "rpt_Serialized_Wheel_Assy_R...

Started multiple matlab processes by one matlab command???
Hi There, I started Matlab R14 sp1 on AMD64+linux gentoo by typing in command matlab. Matlab started. I checked the process by typing command ps -elf on a xterm and found that there were more than one matlab process started. See follows. Are they right? Is it the way matlab works on AMD64? (I started matlab on P4+Linux rat hat in the same way and only one matlab process started.) Please help me answer the question. Thanks. 0 S fmri 11511 11504 0 75 0 - 370311 - 09:08 pts/0 00:00:01 /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB 0 S fmri 11565 11511 0 85 0 - 975 pipe_w 09:08 pts/1 00:00:00 /usr/local/ma...

How to stop Matlab from creating Matlab folder everytime it starts
When I start Matlab a folder ./My Documents/Matlab is created if it does not exist. In fact I have a separate Matlab working folder for Matlab codes, simulation etc. The matlab prompt starts at the desired working folder, but it unnecessarily creates ./My Documents/Matlab folder. How can I stop this? I use Matlab 2008a on WinXP. On Jul 6, 2:05=A0am, "Khairul " <k_ha...@ymail.com> wrote: > When I start Matlab a folder ./My Documents/Matlab is > created if it does not exist. In fact I have a separate > Matlab working folder for Matlab codes, simulation etc. > Th...

stopping a process
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie of MatLab and, as usal, I'm in hurry to find solutions of my simple problems. I would like to do a batch file that recalls differents Matlab programs (ex. main1, main2, ecc...) But each one colud take too much time to be processed, so I would like to interrupt each of them after a while (ex. 60 minutes). Any suggestions? Thanks Lorenzo krastoboy@gmail.com wrote in message <9beff30c-1828-407a- a716-7d88155f01f5@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com>... > Hi everybody, > I'm a newbie of MatLab and, as usal, I'm in hurry to find solutions of >...

Action command "stop" stops batch processing
Hi I am having a problem with playing actions containing a stop in batch mode. I have created an action which contains a stop (to allow the image to be edited manually). The action works fine when played on a single image, but when I try to use the action in a batch job, the stop command causes the batch job to stop when the stop command is reached for the first time and I cannot continue the batch job. Is there some way to allow some manual editing of each file in a batch job, or is it just plain impossible? Any help appreciated. Regards Morten Frederiksen ...

Going from Video Processing in MATLAB to Video Processing on a microprocessor/controller
Going from Video Processing in MATLAB to Video Processing on a microprocessor/controller Hello I just started working on a project and the goal of the project is to replicate the results that were obtained in MATLAB on a microprocessor/controller. However I am very new to this so I need help figuring out where I need to start. Background information (What was done in MATLAB). This was first done in MATLAB to see if the proposed algorithm to solve the original problem could actually work. An input video was loaded into MATLAB. Code (algorithm) was written in MATLAB to process th...

how do i stop a process?
Hi, I am using the lispworks extension call-system-showing-output to run an external process, but the process takes about 5 seconds to run, and I only really need the first second or so of the process to run. Then I need it to die so I can access the file it was writing to. Is there some way I can send a SIGINT (from windows) to the process to kill it? ...

stop process
Haven't tried to be a system admin in over 10 years. Its amazing the "simple" things I have forgotten!!! Need to know how to stop a process. stop process/id= xxxx does not work. not authorized. went into sys$system:authorize and I have syspriv. even tried set proces/priv=bypass (not allowed) please reply to tutor AT cfl DOT rr DOT com Thank you, Jerrold tutor wrote (excerpted): Haven't tried to be a system admin in over 10 years. Its amazing the "simple" things I have forgotten!!! Need to know how to stop a process. stop process/id= xxxx does not work...

matlab GUIDE
Hi I wrote a matlab GUI by using GUIDE (named MyGUI.m and MyGUI.fig), and compiled it into a .exe file (MyGUI.exe). At MyGUI.m code, I call another m file which plots a graph (MyPlot.m). Everything works fine if I run run MyGUI.m from the matlab, but if I run the executable (MyGUI.exe), I get this error The M-file "C:\test\MyPlot.m" cannot be executed error in ==> MyGUI>pushbutton2_Callback at 175 error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 75 error in ==> MyGUI at 44 Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback I already changed the path to the C:\test though, and at MyPlot.m I use comma...

stop a process
Hi, On a 9407/170 running V5R1 I constantly see a printjob in QPRINT holding one page in status OPN. This one comes from a job with a user name of "QYPSJSVR" Can someone tell me how to kill this job. Thx Pjotr Pjotr wrote: > Hi, > > On a 9407/170 running V5R1 I constantly see a printjob in QPRINT holding one > page in status OPN. This one comes from a job with a user name of "QYPSJSVR" > Can someone tell me how to kill this job. > > Thx > Pjotr That's the management central server. To stop, issue the ENDTCPSVR *MGTC command. Why is a spoo...

Stop All Process
Hello Everybody! Is there a way to programlly press the "Stop All" button in the Memory Menu on the pocket pc to Stop All the Running Devices? Thanks! Jacob ...

stop process?
hi all: (1)If I want to stop a running process in LKM, how should I do ? (2)A process has two stacks,one is kernel stack,another one is user stack. Suppose that there is a process in user space. Now I want to write a program using LKM in kernel space, and that program can know the top address of user stack of that process and dump stack. how should I do? thanks!! Terence terence@ms71.url.com.tw wrote: > > hi all: > (1)If I want to stop a running process in LKM, how should I do > ? That depends on which process and why you wa...

Virtual reality toolbox Matlab
I'm using Virtual reality toolbox having 100 objects but at a time 5 object= s only takes action but I noticed that if only 1 object in .wrl file, it pr= ocessing good but when more than 1 its slows gradually less computation spe= ed. What is the solution of my scenario. Is dynamic Simulink VR-Sink can he= lp for me? What are the suggestions according to this problem? ...

matlab processing limit
iam trying to read a text file containing around some tens of lacs of lines. i have to process the data taking around 200 samples (lines) at one time and process store the corresponding result and continue till the end of file. I want to know is there any limit on the number of lines to which the matlab can process? sometimes my code processes some 6 lacs of lines and says out of memory? is the problem related to my code or matlab issue? thanks in advance, regards, satya Dear Satya! > iam trying to read a text file containing around some tens of lacs of lines. i have to process th...

how to stop a process (interrupt)
hello....i am recording a sound...i have problem..stopping it..i design a push button to stop the recording so..when user push the stop button...the recording will stop...but i cant find anyway to stop the rcording process...helpp please.. aisar wrote: > > > hello....i am recording a sound...i have problem..stopping it..i > design a push button to stop the recording so..when user push the > stop button...the recording will stop...but i cant find anyway to > stop the rcording process...helpp please.. im still figuring the problem...if anyone can help me..it will be very good...