How to use Matlab do control firewire camera?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I had been using NI-IMAQdx to communicate with two of my prosilica 1394 DCAM 1.31 cameras (before being bought by AVT) for quite some time without any problems. Now I want to try matlab (2010a) image acquisition tool box. I followed the instruction and installed the CMU 1394 Digital Camera Driver, but the demo program could not recognize either one. Then I tried to install the driver manually by select property->update->...>hard disk->1394Camera.inf. However, a pop-up window showed that the driver was not compatible. I'm using windows 7 64-bit, and I think the CMU 6.4.5 does support it and DCAM 1.31 too. So I wonder what is wrong and how to connect matlab to the camera.
0
Reply LEI 12/3/2010 4:56:05 AM

See related articles to this posting

How to use Matlab do control firewire camera? #2
I had been using NI-IMAQdx to communicate with two of my prosilica 1394 DCAM 1.31 cameras (before being bought by AVT) for quite some time without any problems. Now I want to try matlab (2010a) image acquisition tool box. I followed the instruction and installed the CMU 1394 Digital Camera Driver, but the demo program could not recognize either one. Then I tried to install the driver manually by select property->update->...>hard disk->1394Camera.inf. However, a pop-up window showed that the driver was not compatible. I'm using windows 7 64-bit, and I think the CMU 6.4.5 does su...

Using 1394 FireWire cameras in Matlab
I need to acquire and process images from several DCAM compliant FireWire cameras (different manufacturers). Do I have to purchase the Image Acquisition Toolbox for this or does Matlab support 1394 cameras by itself? Thank you, Jack Hi Jack, > I need to acquire and process images from several DCAM compliant FireWire > cameras (different manufacturers). Do I have to purchase the Image Acquisition > Toolbox for this or does Matlab support 1394 cameras by itself? If you want to use these cameras all in the same way there is afaik no other way then using the Image Acqui...

How to control a PTZ IP Camera using Matlab?
I have a AXIS PTZ IP-based camera. I can read all the frames from that camera but I am unable to control the pan-tilt-zoom of that camera through Matlab. Can anyone help me please? "Ansuman Mahapatra" wrote in message <ketklk$95h$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I have a AXIS PTZ IP-based camera. I can read all the frames from that camera but I am unable to control the pan-tilt-zoom of that camera through Matlab. Can anyone help me please? [Solved] Solution- http://adf.ly/P0Jep ...

Can I use Firewire or USB cameras on Matlab running on Linux??
I have some code which grabs images off a firewire camera in Matlab using the standard interface for talking to a camera. I've sick of Windows XP however (the machine crashes, freezes, etc.) and I'm thinking of moving to Linux. I'm getting contradictory statements from people regarding this important question: do the routines which talk to the camera work on Linux? If my code works on XP now, will it still work on Linux or are there likely to be issues such as, I need to find a Linux driver which will work with my camera, etc.? Opinions would be welcome. Moreover, I've got some...

Using Matlab Image Acquisition Toolbox with Pixelink A-776 firewire camera
I use Matlab 7.3.0 (R2006b) with a Pixelink firewire camera A-776. I tried to use matlab image acquisition toolbox but i don't have a success. This is the output when i used the command dev_info = imaqhwinfo('coreco',1): dev_info = imaqhwinfo('coreco',1) ??? Error using ==> imaqhwinfo There is no device with the specified DEVICEID. info = imaqhwinfo('coreco') info = AdaptorDllName: [1x79 char] AdaptorDllVersion: '2.0 (R2006b)' AdaptorName: 'coreco' DeviceIDs: {1x0 cell} DeviceInfo: [1x0 struct] T...

Can I use a camera in matlab with an ethernet (gigE) or 800Mb firewire II interface?
Can I use a camera in matlab with the new ethernet (gigE) interface or a faster 800Mb firewire II interface? Friendly greetings, Maarten Jansen ...

can we control a wireless robot using matlab, and import datas to matlab
i am doing a project on controling a dragonfly using pc... so i would like to use matlab toolboxs to control it... pls help me on it is this posible... it is an wireless device, how can proceeed on it.... "ramesh kumar sri" <aeroramesh@gmail.com> wrote in message <gfemom$qaq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i am doing a project on controling a dragonfly using pc... > so i would like to use matlab toolboxs to control it... > pls help me on it is this posible... > > it is an wireless device, how can proceeed on it.... define the requirements design the solution...

matlab code for speed control of 3 phase induction motor using fuzzy logic controller
matlab code for speed control of 3 phase induction motor using fuzzy logic controller manish wrote: > matlab code for speed control of 3 phase induction motor using fuzzy > logic controller What coding standards do you need for that? e.g., does your teacher require that you use 3 spaces indentation per nesting level, with a space after each opening '(' and before each closing ')' ? What rules should be used in determining where to continue lines, and how to line up the continuation pieces? Should we avoid any particular constructs or functions so it isn&...

matlab code for speed control of 3 phase induction motor using fuzzy logic controller #2
please provide matlab code for speed control of 3 phase induction motor....... ...

Firewire or USB cameras with matlab?
I am considering purchasing a digital microscope camera which I will use with matlab. Does anyone have any recommendations as to whether it is better to purchase a firewire or a USB digital camera? Thank you. ...

Analog camera control in Matlab
I would like to connect an analog Sony camera (XC-ST51) and acquire video rate (~30fps) movies using Matlab. Is there a way to use an analog-to-digital converter to do this, and will Matlab be able to control it? Frame grabbers are an option, but they are 4x the cost of the camera, so we are looking for other options... Any suggestions will be welcome Thanks, Daphne Daphne wrote: > I would like to connect an analog Sony camera (XC-ST51) > and acquire video rate (~30fps) movies using Matlab. > > Is there a way to use an analog-to-digital converter to do > this, and wil...

Multiple Cameras using Firewire
Greetings Can you connect multiple firewire DV camcorders / cameras into a single firewire port, or do you need one port per camera? Or what can I use to connect multiple cameras, and how would it effect the quality of picture from the cameras? Thanks in advance In article <A%jNb.40978$I05.755358@twister.tampabay.rr.com>, "Barry Fawthrop" <barry@ttienterprises.org> wrote: > Can you connect multiple firewire DV camcorders / cameras into a single > firewire port, or do you need one port per camera? 1. Firewire 400's theortical maximum is about 40 MB/sec, ...

License control using Matlab
Dear all, Good day ! Currently, I am using the following command to control license: getenv("computername"); Not very good i know. Is there a better way ? Thanks. Regards, Chang ...

using matlab to control the mouse
Hi, my goal is to write a program to accept visual input from the screen and control the mouse to output a response, in order to have matlab play a simple game such as minesweeper. I think I have the screen capture thing figured out, but I have not been able to find any info on how to use matlab to control the mouse, specifically to move it to a specified screen coordinate and left-click. If anyone has any ideas, i'd be grateful. Thanks! Jud Babcock wrote: > > > Hi, > my goal is to write a program to accept visual input from the > screen > and control the mouse to outp...

Using Matlab to Control vsgDesktop
Hello, I am trying to use Matlab to control the Cambridge Research Systems program vsgDesktop. Unfortunately I'm not very good at using Matlab or vsgDesktop. I've worked my way through the provided Matlab tutorials but I've got no further. What I want to do is use vsgDesktop to display a bitmap image onto a second monitor (connected to my computer already) Does anyone have enough expertise to help me? Hi Colin, I've used a VSG2/5 to generate visual stimuli for my lab for a few years, but I don't quite know what you mean by using the vsgDesktop to display a bitmap. I&#...

using matlab to control an application?
Hypothetically, if i wanted matlab to control a camera. for example, if i wanted matlab to make a camera take a picture, assuming the camera is connected of course (via usb or whatnot) would there be a way to accomplish this? any help would be appreciated. In article <fnvrtu$rq1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Raymond <ngan.ray@mathworks.com> wrote: >Hypothetically, if i wanted matlab to control a camera. for >example, if i wanted matlab to make a camera take a picture, >assuming the camera is connected of course (via usb or >whatnot) would there be a way to accomplish this? a...

Control robot using Matlab
Hey, i'm working on a project in school where we use a camera mounted above to determine objects running on a conveyor belt. The objects can be randomly placed on the belt. This is finished. What i'd like to do now is to have matlab control an ABB IRB 140 industrial robot to pick the pieces up from the conveyor belt and place them on a desk. I have read that it's possible using Simulink and ABB Webware. Does anyone have any ideas or examples of similar projects? -One Frustrated Engineer :-) ...

Controling mouse cursor using MATLAB
Hi all, Is there a way for MATLAB to control the mouse cursor? The input would be from tracking an object using a webcam. Thanks, Mustafa ...

Solving control problem using matlab!!
I have a problem in control that i have to solve it using matlab,anyone can help? murad omar wrote: > > > I have a problem in control that i have to solve it using > matlab,anyone can help? so, whats the problem? -Kuldeep ...

control system analy using matlab
who can give me an academic thesis about<<control system analy using matlab>>.thank you very much. ...

books on Matlab using control systems
plz suggest some ebooks on to have a learning of control systems through Matlab "swapnil swapnil" <swapnil1469@gmail.com> wrote in message <hrseqh$5ja$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > plz suggest some ebooks on to have a learning of control systems through Matlab a hint: - a good place to start with... http://www.mathworks.com/support/books/index.html us "us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message <hrsf86$3t6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "swapnil swapnil" <swapnil1469@gmail.com> wrote in message <hrseqh$5ja$1@fred.m...

How can I control a driver using Matlab?
For a lab project I have to program in matlab a driver (esp300 by Newport - <a href="http://www.newport.com/store/product.aspx?id=3229" target="_blank"> http://www.newport.com/store/product.aspx?id=3229</a> ) that commands a motorized stage of the same company. The interface is GPIB. I rather control the driver using only matlab, but if i can't -&nbsp;i wan't to use Labview as a connector between the two. any idea how can i do one of the above? I've got no idea where to start from. I'll thank to any given advise.&nbsp; &nbsp; Hi, A ...

Re: USB camera used in Matlab
hi i m workin on image acquisition too.matlab supports a large variety of usbcams.but it depends on d type of adaptor like winvideo or matrox etc.i'd suggest u plug in ur cam n use image acquisition toolbox for further controls. bye ...

Using Matlab to control a PIC microprocessor
Hello, I'm doing a project where i need to use Matlab to control a PIC microprocessor and i need help because i don't know how to connect the two together? How do i get the output from matlab into the input of the PIC (or if you can think of a better microprocessor)? How do i connect the wires? I have my matlab code, i have the output from the PIC wired up and so i just need to connect the two. Any and all help would be most welcome...thanks for your time. Regards Jason Jason - Hmmmm. Well, having used both Matlab and PICs for a long time but never merging the two, I am intrig...