How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab?

How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab?

Maybe it is not a good question but the situation is that I have got a MatlabR2008b on my laptop but the PCs of the university got only MatlabR2007b. I just want to use one particular function in the MatlabR2008b on the university machine. How can I do that? Just copy the toolbox? Or can I build the function as a .dll? Thanks!

p.s: Of course I can not persuade the university to buy one MatlabR2008...
        I am also not the administrator; thus, I can not setup my MatlabR2008 on the university machine even I got the licence...
0
samggyy (13)

Aaron Yang wrote:
> How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab?
> Maybe it is not a good question but the situation is that I have got a MatlabR2008b on
> my laptop but the PCs of the university got only MatlabR2007b. I just want to use one
> particular function in the MatlabR2008b on the university machine. How can I do that?
> Just copy the toolbox? Or can I build the function as a .dll? Thanks!

All of the options you list would violate the license agreements.

> p.s: Of course I can not persuade the university to buy one MatlabR2008...
> I am also not the administrator; thus, I can not setup my MatlabR2008 on the university
> machine even I got the licence...

Have you made the offer to them? If you did and they declined, then did you raise
the matter with your supervisor (or professor)?
0
roberson (2980)