How well does 64-bit Matlab run on 64-bit systems

I am considering purchasing a 64-bit workstation running 64-bit Linux
or my management may require a Windows based system running under
EM64T. I am interested in how well it performs and what kinds of
problems users are having with it. Is anyone successfully running
64-bit Matlab on 64-bit systems? If so is it faster than the 32-bit
version? Which 64-bit system is best? Most of my computations are
floating point intensive as well as requiring lots of sorting.
Lastly, I am leery of being forced to get the 64-bit version of
Windows XP which is still in beta testing. What kind performance can
be expected from 64-bit Matlab on a 64-bit Windows system? How does
it compare with 64-bit Matlab running under 64-bit Linux?

Thank You

Mitch
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

Mitch Toland wrote:
> I am considering purchasing a 64-bit workstation running 64-bit Linux
> or my management may require a Windows based system running under
> EM64T. I am interested in how well it performs and what kinds of
> problems users are having with it. Is anyone successfully running
> 64-bit Matlab on 64-bit systems? If so is it faster than the 32-bit
> version? Which 64-bit system is best? Most of my computations are
> floating point intensive as well as requiring lots of sorting.
> Lastly, I am leery of being forced to get the 64-bit version of
> Windows XP which is still in beta testing. What kind performance can
> be expected from 64-bit Matlab on a 64-bit Windows system? How does
> it compare with 64-bit Matlab running under 64-bit Linux?

Try searching comp.soft-sys.matlab for:

64 benchmark

or...

"FX-53"