Huffman Coding and Arithmetic Coding

Hi everybody,

i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman coding...
 Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot of
errors I don't understand...

Please, contact me if u know stg about image compression...

Thanx

"amelie" <amelie.quinet@reseau.eseo.fr> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>
> i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman coding...
> Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot of
> errors I don't understand...
>
> Please, contact me if u know stg about image compression...
>
> Thanx

Instead, why dont YOU say specifically what you've tried and specifically
what errors you got.

If you want a consultant, hire one.

Ken Davis wrote:

> "amelie" <amelie.quinet@reseau.eseo.fr> wrote in message
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman
coding...
>> Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot
of
>> errors I don't understand...
>>
>> Please, contact me if u know stg about image compression...
>>
>> Thanx
>
> Instead, why dont YOU say specifically what you've tried and
> specifically
> what errors you got.
>
> If you want a consultant, hire one.

Thanx for ur reply, so nice, so helpful ....

Anyway, ur not totally false.

I ve tested all the functions I found in File Exchange, concerning
Huffman coding.

With each of them, i ve got a problem with my input argument. In fact
I want to apply Huffman coding on my wavelets coefficients that I ve
put in a vector. But I don't know if it's possible.

With the "function varargout = Huff06(xC, ArgLevel, ArgSpeed)",(
which is supposed to encode integers vectors ), xC must be a non
negative integers vector. But I ve got negative coefficients. Why non
negative ?

Then with the function " function [zipped,info] = norm2huff(vector)"
supposed to encode an integers vector, the input must be a uint8
vector...

See, I don't understand very well what can be Huffman encoded ,
because each time I m looking for examples on the web, I find
examples for 'text encoding'.

Is there somebody who used a matlab function to encode an Image with
Huffman ?