Image Denoising by Wavelet #2

what is the actual meaning of the 1st parameter in the method WDENCMP() in MATLAB and how do i calculate the value of the 5th parameter i.e., THR of this method?

  please help me.........
0
Ajit
4/15/2010 6:11:03 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207104 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Ajit " <ajits321@gmail.com> wrote in message <hq6aln$4bf$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> what is the actual meaning of the 1st parameter in the method WDENCMP() in MATLAB and how do i calculate the value of the 5th parameter i.e., THR of this method?
>
>   please help me.........

Hi Ajit, The option 'gbl', uses a global threshold that is applied to all levels of the wavelet transform. 'lvd' allows you to specify level-dependent thresholds, which you supply as an input to wdencmp(). If you specify level dependent thresholds for an image, they have to be in the form 3xN, where N is the level of the decomposition. The row dimension (3) is for the horizontal, diagonal, and vertical detail coefficients respectively.

As a first pass, just try using the global threshold returned by ddencmp()

Just an example:

X = randn(256,256);
[thr,sorh,keepap]=ddencmp('den','wv',X);
[XC,CXC,LXC,PERF0,PERFL2] = ...
    wdencmp('gbl',X,'sym4',4,thr,'s',1);

Hope that helps,
Wayne
0
Wayne

ViArt Shop Free 2.7.1
ViArt Shop Free is a powerful, flexible and easy to use template-driven PHP shopping cart system, which is fully customisable to suit almost any design or function. It includes many advanced features such as a powerful content management system, a forum, helpdesk support system, integration with Froogle, and full built-in compatibility with many payment processing companies including PayPal, 2CO, WorldPay, LinkPoint, Protx and more. It also includes a full backoffice solution for managing order processing, featuring UPS, FedEx and USPS integration. The free version of ViArt Shop is ...

Need Suggestion #2
Here is one of the simple coding in MATLAB: acc_visc=zeros(np,3); for i=1:nnp a=pair(i,1); b=pair(i,2); if(ptype(a,1)==1 && ptype(b,1)==22) db=abs(0-X(b,3)); da=abs(0-X(a,3)); bita=min(bfac,(1+(db/da))); vij=((vel(a,1)*bita)*(X(a,1)-X(b,1)))+... ((vel(a,2)*bita)*(X(a,2)-X(b,2)))+... ((vel(a,3)*bita)*(X(a,3)-X(b,3))); elseif(ptype(a,1)==1 && ptype(b,1)==12) db=abs(0-X(b,1)); da=abs(0-X(a,1)); bita=min(bfac,(1+(db/da))); vij=((vel(a,1)*bita)*(X(a,1)-X(b,1)))+......

Printing text, image, text, image, ...
I have bunch of text files (about 20 lines) and bunch of image files. Is there a clean way to print text, then image, then text, then image, ...., as though there are in single continuous document? -- William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca>, Toronto, Canada ThinFlash: Linux thin-client on USB key (flash) drive http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/thinflash.html BashDiff: Super Bash shell http://freshmeat.net/projects/bashdiff/ ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:01:01 -0400, William Park staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I have [a] bu...

How to print (2 & (1 * (2**32)))?
print (2 & (1 * (2**32))); The result is 2 ?? sonet, mié20051228@11:06:40(CET): > > print (2 & (1 * (2**32))); > > The result is 2 ?? Of course. '2 & anything' will yield 2 for any even 'anything', and 0 for any odd 'anything'. See perlop. -- David Serrano sonet wrote: > print (2 & (1 * (2**32))); > > The result is 2 ?? You're likely to get a much more informative response if you explain why you think it should be something other than 2. Paul Lalli 2 and 4=2 ? ----------------------- 00000010 and 00000...

Tuple Question #2
Hello, Why is this? >>> class MyTuple(tuple): .... def __getitem__(self, name): .... return tuple.__getitem__(self, name) .... >>> data = (1,2,3,4,5) >>> t = MyTuple(data) >>> t[0] Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? File "<stdin>", line 3, in __getitem__ TypeError: descriptor '__getitem__' requires a 'tuple' object but received a 'int' Thanks, VL VanL wrote: > Why is this? > > >>> class MyTuple(tuple): > ... def __geti...

Changing the MAc address to VLAN interface or how to SPLIT a router in 2.
Hi guys, do you know if I can change the MAC address associated to a VLAN interface. In my 877 I created 3 VLAN further the default one. I associated each VLAN to a specific FastEthernet interface. I created 2 VRF groups and put 2 VLAN interfaces in first one and the others 2 in the second VRF group. Than I decided that one interface of each VRF groups had to be connected to same LAN segment. I got no problems on assigning 2 IP belonging to the same network because of th VRF settings. But the problem is that one of the 2 doesn't work because it shares the same MAC address of the other ...

Menus with images
Hi, anyone knows how to put images on left side of the menu? I'm trying to create a menu like "MS word" with the images. Is there any type of object or aditional control ? Thank you all Guilherme Have a look at: http://www.xs4all.nl/~onkie/coolmenu.html ...

Cross Browser Bullet Image Positioning
When I use image as a bullet within LI element I have different image positioning results in Firefox and IE6. IE6 puts the image on top and far from left LI's border. Firefox puts it nicely in the middle and very close to left border. How do I control bullet image positioning? Please advise a nice hack. Thanks On 2008-04-30, vunet <vunet.us@gmail.com> wrote: > When I use image as a bullet within LI element I have different image > positioning results in Firefox and IE6. IE6 puts the image on top and > far from left LI's border. Firefox puts it nicely in the mid...

Re: SAS CONNECT: Hide Type Statement & MPRINT #2
Ahh, yes, I have both ECHO OFF and TRACE OFF. But, if you look at the SAS log and you have OPTIONS MPRINT turned on, it still displays the content of the scripted file. I want MPRINT for the regular (in local and remote mode) code but not for the script itself. If you look at the log, the ECHO and TRACE is off during the connection but when it returns control back to the main routine, MPRINT displays the content of the script as shown in the log snippet. Here is a log snippet: .... MPRINT(TESTENV): ; MPRINT(TESTENV): signoff NOTE: Remote signoff from SERVER commencing. MPRINT(TESTENV):...

Books on C++ #2
You might be reading this or not But I have to tell you that Books are not needed to buy actually. All books are compiled via some kind of sources Most of the books on STL are around information compiled around the web With tones and words from the author himself You don't need to buy any of it. ...

spectral image from elevation image image
Dear friends, I have an elevation satellite image that each pixel in this image has elevation value. For example, if we select one pixe (e.g. image(10,10)= 1300 m) which is the elevation value for this pixel location. I need to convert this elevation image into spectral image so that each pixel will have a spectral value (RGB value). I would apprecaite any comments or suggestions regarding this. Best regards Nadir ...

Display ENVI image
Dear IDL fans, Could any of you tell me how to display an ENVI image using IDL statements *ONLY*? I have pasted a sample header of one of my images and few pixel values below. Thanks, Kind regards, Ananth Kini _________________________________________________________________ Ananth Kini, Masters in Computer Science, Dept. of Computer Science Harvey R. Bright Bldg, TAMU, College Station, TX 77843 #4302, College Main, Apt 319, Bryan, TX 77801, Phone : 979-260-1954 kini@tamu.edu ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Header for the image : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ENVI description = { Band Math Result, E...

Missing Task Icon #2
Thanks to all - Obey file written and saved. I'll report back if/when the prob recurs. RogerH ...

(eBay) RARE System Shock 1 & 2 !!!
Hello all, Have System Shock 1 & 2 up for auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=104753712112 Only $1.00 opening bid and NO RESERVE! Thanks for looking and good luck! ...

fancyref & memoir #2
[Google won't let me post a proper reply - apologies] Peter & Dan Thanks for the suggestions, they work very well. It's not an _entirely_ satisfactory solution having a refer.sty package that uses fancyref.sty which uses varioref.sty; but for now, I like it. Thanks! Will ...

html email output problem #2
hello all, I am having a problem with viewing an html attachment (generated by sas) by directly clicking on the attached file. Specifically when i open the email and double click the attachment, the file opens, but it does not appear as the usual sas html output. Instead the borders are thick black lines and there is no background color (or any color for that matter). When I save the attachment to the desktop, it does open the way i want it to (with color etc..) This porblem has only occurred when i swithced from SAS 8.2 to SAS 9. I am using the groupwise email system. Any advice would be gre...

Problem with an image control
This routine fails intermittently at line 6, when I try to set the Picture property of an Image object. It throws error 2001: You canceled the previous operation. 1. cFile = "D:\logos\" & frm.BrandCode & ".gif" 2. If Dir(cFile) = "" Then 3. frm.imageBrand.Visible = False 4. frm.lblNoImage.Visible = True 5. Else 6. frm.imageBrand.Picture = cFile 7. End If It happens only the first time I load up this form after starting Access. After that, it never happens, even with the same image .gif file. It happens if the code is in the ...

USB 2 and false advertising
After a week of trying to make a "USB 2.0" hard drive work at anything but a crawl, including hauling it around to various machines for test and downloading a zillion drivers and USB utilities (on a 28.8k dialup line, no less), I finally proved that this "2.0" device is not actually USB 2.0 High Speed, but is only USB 1.1 Full. Checking on some other USB devices at the office, I found two others that are labeled 2.0, but only respond as 1.1. The first two were no-name boxes with no chance of finding a valid support address, but the ETCSA box had a support site and they ...

how to remove a noise in a color image by using vector median filter
hai I am trying to do a vector median filter and also finding PSNE,MAE and SSIM.. i found a formula for median filter and finding psnr.. bur i dont get for vector median filter, MAE and SSIM. if anyone know that, plse give steps or formula for that ...

Sportfishing outboard boat hull 19' 2" 5,85 m
Hi all, Does anyone has a sample 19' 2" 5,85 m boat hull? It is for training as I can't project sketch to sketch. thanks Kotoma --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 9/1/2003 Kotoma Go to the Surfaceworks website and download their demo - there are a heap of different hulls in there and possibly one that may be of use. www.aerohydro.com You should be able to import these in to Solidworks and do what you want with them. If not, email me and I'll have a d...

PyProtocols 0.9.3 Release Candidate 2
PyProtocols 0.9.3 release candidate 2 is now available for download. Assuming there are no bugs reported in the next 3-4 weeks, it will become the 0.9.3 final release in early August. (The 0.9.3rc2 revision fixes a bug in the '--without-speedups' version of 0.9.3rc1, as reported by Matthew Scott.) What is PyProtocols? -------------------- PyProtocols is an extended implementation of PEP 246, adding a new "declaration API" that lets you easily define your own interfaces and adapters, and declare what adapters should be used to adapt what types, objects, or interfa...

Re: convert SPSS file to text #2
Here is the link to dbms copy. http://www.conceptual.com/ Dennis G. Fisher, Ph.D. Professor and Director Center for Behavioral Research and Services California State University, Long Beach 1090 Atlantic Avenue Long Beach, CA 90813 tel: 562-495-2330 x121 fax: 562-983-1421 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tonkovich, Mike Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: convert SPSS file to text Good morning, Can anyone out there help me convert an SPSS file to anything but an SPSS file? A text file...

Re: Image restore fails #3
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote on 08/19/2005 02:16:49 PM: > norm.raphael@metso.com wrote: > > I thought the primary idea of backward-compatibility would be most > > inviolate in a backup restore implementation. > > > It was a bug in backup. Hence the patch to fix the 6.x backup version. > BACKUP 7.2 has no problem with earlier version of image backups. > > So it isn't a sign of bad design. Just a sign of poor quality control in > the 6.x timeframe. Okay. And as was alluded to earlier in the thread, the Installation-CD version wo...

2 modems 1 ip
How do you have multiple connections to the internet, but the same internet IP as in 1 internet IP? The reason I am asking is I want 2 cable modems and 1 ip so I can use both to increase my download speed. I've got a dual wan router from Sonicwall that does load balancing etc, but if I go to places online since I have 2 modems I have 2 ips. I want to bind both to 1 ip. Some places online that you have accounts with to log in will not let you connect with the same log in on more then 1 ip. So in order to download faster I want to do this so it sees me as 1 ip. ...

Filtering a RGB image
Hi all, I captured a video segment of a traffic sign, when travelling through a vehicle. Then I extract the RGB image frames using mmreader() function. This RGB image is bit blurred and noisy. I deblurred the image using "Lucy-Richardson Algorithm". But it is a very slow method. Are there any other fast mehods that I can use for this. Any references...Thanks. regards Prasanna Why does it need deblurring? A stop sign looks very different than a yield sign, etc. Can't you tell what kind of sign it it despite the blurring? Why spend time deblurring if you don't ne...