importing MATLAB data after GUI has been opened

I am using MATLAB R12.1 and win 98.

First of all I want to make clear that I have searched the message
board and only found post which refer to problems where the data from
a m-file has already been loaded into the workspace before the GUI
has been started.
I my program I have three different m-files, each referring to a
object. I use radio buttons to select and open the corresponding file
before running it. In the GUI I use edit text blocks to alter certain
parameters. What I want is for the edit text blocks to show the
original value when the m-file is loaded. Each m-files has different
values for the same parameters. All the parameters are then used in a
SIMULINK simulation.
I hope that my problem is clear and thank you in advance for any
help.

Ingram98

Importing matlab 6.5 GUI in matlab 7.1
I use MATLAB 7.1. If I open an existing GUI project built in 6.5 MATLAB with GUIDE tool, .fig is loaded correctly but .m is not loaded (it has the same name of .fig), then when I run the GUI and click on buttons I got function not found errors: ??? Undefined command/function 'fsv'. ??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback. How can I reassociate .m with his .fig? ...

can we control a wireless robot using matlab, and import datas to matlab
i am doing a project on controling a dragonfly using pc... so i would like to use matlab toolboxs to control it... pls help me on it is this posible... it is an wireless device, how can proceeed on it.... "ramesh kumar sri" <aeroramesh@gmail.com> wrote in message <gfemom$qaq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i am doing a project on controling a dragonfly using pc... > so i would like to use matlab toolboxs to control it... > pls help me on it is this posible... > > it is an wireless device, how can proceeed on it.... define the requirements design the solution...

Import data or Read data into Matlab
Hey everyone, Good day, I have got a problem now. I am going to read the txt file into Matlab which contains the data with the format as following (extract as instance) 0 0 1 0 1224 1223 2002 2003 2004 0 40989 3924 13599 0 502 3911 6740 2560 7984 8919 8920 1977 8422 2 3 4 4 it was separated by space, when i try to use the import data wizard, it can only read two columns, i am thinking is it because of empty area can not be recognized... Because i am going to read the entire file as a matrix. I am also trying to use the code to read, but not really works either. Can anybody help me, a...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

how to convert a Matlab GUI ,matlab independant
i am working on a project in MATLAB and i want to make it MATLAB independant... So that it can run on any PC without MATLAB or in other words i want to make an EXE file for the entire project...please if any one can tell me exact details what to do with the set of files . my project is mainly executed from a GUI which further opens another GUI. the input files are in .dat format (present in same folder) and the result is also stored in the same directory in .dat format. i hav heard about mcc comand but didnt get how to use it for my project.. please reply... ill be greatfull Regards! Ensure...

Access from MATLAB to a non-MATLAB GUIs
Hallo everybody, In one of my MATLAB functions I invoke external EXE file (another program), which makes some calculations. At the end of the calculations a message appears if I want to quit the exernal program (with 'Yes' and 'No' buttons). I want to close this message, because it interrupts the executaion of the whole MATLAB function(a batch file). The message is generated from the exernal program, not from MATLAB, so I can't use a MATLAB handle to close it. So, does anybody knows how I can close those non-MATLAB generated message (GUI) with a command in the MATLAB...

starting matlab gui outside matlab
Hello! I have to start my matlab gui outside matlab program (without opening it). Is there something like .bat file in Java for Matlab? Thanks for helping me out... :) Emma Hi Emma, I'm not sure if I understand your question. One way would be to compile the GUI (there is a lot of stuff on that in this forum). Otherwise, if you just want to avoid opening Matlab and loading the file, you can use: 1) a simple .bat file with the following command: matlab -minimize -yourfile.m 2) a shortcut with this line as target (but with the full matlab.exe path), in which you also specify your gui dire...

importing data into MATLAB
Hi group, I've two questions related to MATLAB, and I'd really appreciate if anybody can provide me any suggestion (s) to resolve the issues. 1) I created 100 data sets using a geostat software. The datasets are named as A.001, A.002, A.003, ..., A.100. How can I read all these data sets separately? I tried using a for loop with variable i, and indicated different file names by using A.00i, so that matlab can read them separately. But, matlab does not like it. How can I read the data sets separately? 2) When I export a different data set from maltab, it export the data in bina...

importing data in matlab
i have some eeg data in bdf format , i want to import data in Matlab can any one help me? Data is downloaded from e'enterface06 multimodal emotion detection. Thanks in advance. I found on file exchange: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/13070-eeg-bdf-reader ------------------------------------ Maxim Vedenev, Matlab freelancer vedenev@ngs.ru http://simulations.narod.ru/ ...

import data in matlab
I have a file FTSE.dat and I wonder how can I import data from this file in matlab and then how can I use them in order to calculate some equations. thanks! On 29/12/10 4:40 AM, andria wrote: > I have a file FTSE.dat and I wonder how can I import data from this file > in matlab and then how can I use them in order to calculate some equations. Insufficient information. ..dat is an extension used for arbitrary data files by all kinds of programs, and could contain data in literally any format; there is not even a shred of a "de facto standard" about how data is ...

import data into matlab
I have data outfiling from STATA. I wanna use it in matlab. but I can't import it. the data.txt as follows: type name a b c d e 11m bp 1.1 2.2 3.3 4.4 1991 22m ac 1.1 . 5.5 6.6 1992 missing value is '.' as shown above. how can i import such data? I really appreciate your suggestions. sorry for my english. Kevin Kai Zhai wrote: > I have data outfiling from STATA. I wanna use it in matlab. but I > can't import it. the data.txt as follows: > > type name a b c d e > 11m bp 1.1 2.2 3.3 4.4 1991 > 22m ac 1.1 . 5.5 6.6 1992 > > missing value is '....

opening matlab figures in older version of matlab
hey, im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: "error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\figs\7b.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." i think its because I may have made the figures in matlab 7 (but im not 100% sure). is this error typical of a version mismatch of that kind? is there a way to modify the figure so that an older version of matlab can open it? matlabnoob wrote: > > > hey, > im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: > > "error using ==>...

How do I Run a Matlab 6 GUI in Matlab 5
Hi there everyone!! I am designing a Matlab 6 GUI at the university, but have Matlab 5 at home. If I try to run the Matlab 6 Gui,it doesnt want to open. Is there a way to open Matlab 6 GUI's in Matlab 5. Any help will be appreciated Hugo ...

creating GUI in matlab out of some programs written in matlab
I have written some code in matlab for my application. I want to make a graphical interface so that an user can easily use my code. I do not know, how to link my code or a particular function when user clicks on a particular button. I mean, how to assign a function written by me to a push button so that it will execute the function. And how to give the input to my function and get output after executing the particular function. I am quiet familiar with matlab code. But I am absolutely new with GUI in matlab. Please help me to deal with the above problem. On 4/12/2011 12:37 AM, sk maidul haq...

I am trying to to some computations and I would like to do it in parallel using parfor or by Opening the matlabpool.. as the current implementations is too slow: result=zeros(25,16000); for i = 1:length(vector1) % length is 25 for j = 1:length(vector2) % length is 16000 temp1 = vector1(i); temp2 = vector2(j); t1 = load(matfiles1(temp1).name) %load image1 from matfile1 t2 = load(matfiles2(temp2).name) % load image2 from matfile2 result(i,j)=t1.*t2 end end It work fine but I would re...

call to matlab function from matlab GUI stalls
I have the following problem. I have created a simple Matlab GUI (for our purposes it can just be considered a Matlab function) which gathers some parameters and then invokes a perl script that in turn calls other perl and Matlab scripts to perform various calculations. If instead of using the Matlab GUI, I run the perl command from the unix prompt, the flow runs and concludes correctly. BUT if I invoke the flow from the Matlab GUI (function), then it runs correctly by calling various other perl and Matlab scripts, but then when it reaches the third Matlab function call, it consistently stalls...

import data from labview to matlab
I want to import data from labview to matlab. I found this in KnowledgeBase: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/562D29142BF79B4E862570D10074E3CC?opendocument&amp;Submitted&amp;&amp;node=133020_USI tried the ASCII format. It works if the spreadsheet contains not so much data. I have to break the spreadsheet into several sub spreadsheets if there is too much columns in it. Though it works, it's not pratical for me. Because I have lots of files. So I tried the binary format.The example posted there doesn't work in LabVIEW 8.5 that I am using. Does anyone know how to m...

Import of data into matlab and plotting it
Hi folks I have a simple question. I have huge amount of samples in an array in a HIGH Level Language(Verilog).Can i import it into matlab workspace and plot it.The samples are actually the bandpass filter output for White Guassian Noise stimulus.So waht are the axis considerations before plotting and do i get a frequency response of the filter if i plot these samples! thanks in advance cheers srinivas ...

Matlab
A bit of background~ I'm using a wii mote to collect accelerometer data, and have the data exported to an excel document. This data is then imported into matlab using : a = xlsread(fileName); %reads in file name x = a(:, xColNum); %time y1 = a(:, y1ColNum); %accel value x y2 = a(:, y2ColNum); %accel value y y3 = a(:, y3ColNum); %accel value z what i'd like to do next is then set a threshold check so that if any of the values within each of the sets is greater than a decided value a trigger can be set. I'm not sure how to run the initial check on the y1, y2 ,y3 valu...

How to import the data from .MYD into MATLAB?
I just obtained a bunch of MySQL data stored in raw MySQL ( MyISAM table) format in a .MYD file. I now wish to start data analysis over those data. All I need to do is just reading the numbers into my MATLAB and process them. What is the easiest way of doing so? I am using Mac OS, by the way. "Eric Zhang" <ericzhangxiuming@gmail.com> wrote in message news:lfombo$3v2$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > I just obtained a bunch of MySQL data stored in raw MySQL ( MyISAM table) > format in a .MYD file. > > I now wish to start data analysis over those data. ...

Import Delimited Data into MATLAB
I'm trying to import delimited data files (tab or comma) into MATLAB and I'm having some issues. The data has two header rows (first in channel names and the second is units) and then a few thousand rows of data. When working through the import wizard, it only seems to recognize one of the header rows as delimited data. For example, if I select two header rows, the first appears as a single value with all channels names lumped together, the second row appears to have been imported correctly. If I select one header row, the channel names appear imported correctly, but the units are ...

Cannot open *.fig files from MATLAB 2008b in MATLAB 2014a
Like in subject, I cannot open figures made in MATLAB 2008b in MATLAB 2014a environment. Scenario: copy *.fig files from 2008b environment into 2014a, set paths with subfolders, try to open *.fig in 2014a. I would like to have a confirmation if it is compatibility problem or not. Here is the answer form MATLAB in Command Window java.lang.ClassCastException: [D cannot be cast to [Ljava.lang.String; at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor.completed(LayoutEditor.java:2217) at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor$ReadFigureCompleted.completed(LayoutEditor.java...

Matlab 7 ----> Matlab 6 GUI conversion
Hi, I have a question related to whether it is possible to convert a .fig file that was created in Matlab 7 into Matlab 6. I am running on my machine Matlab 6 and when i am trying to run the gui created in a recent version of Matlab, it fails Thanks George close your pc and go to sleep magka moy ...

fast data import to matlab?
Hi! I have C++ program, which make some calculations, and produces two data arrays X and Y, their size near one million or so. I would like to import this data to matlab, and make some calculations. I try two variants: 1) C++ fprintf("%le %le", x, y); matlab: data = fscanf(f, '%le %le'); j = 1; X = []; Y = []; for i = 1:2:length(data) X(j) = data(i); Y(j) = data(i + 1); j = j + 1; end 2) C++ fwrite(&x,...); fwrite(&y,...); matlab: st = dir(file_name); size = st.bytes / 8; data = fread(f, size, 'double'); .... %the same as in (1) but both variants work...

Web resources about - importing MATLAB data after GUI has been opened - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Facebook Expands Feed Connect (er, Feed Importing) to More Sites
About six weeks ago, Facebook launched Feed Importing for the first time, allowing users to connect their Facebook accounts to Flickr, Yelp, ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Thousands sign petition urging an end importing of primates for medical research
... inquiry has revealed horrific practices in the name of medical research. A petition with more than 14,000 signatures calling for a ban on importing ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Former supervisor at Victoria's desalination plant jailed for importing marketable quantity of cocaine ...
A former supervisor at Victoria's $4 billion desalination plant who&nbsp;snorted cocaine he imported from Mexico to feed his habit and sell,&nbsp;cope ...

Importing nannies is not the right solution for Australia's childcare crisis
Migrant domestic workers: is that the answer for Australia or is it exploitation?

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...