Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0

Hi!

I have recently installed Matlab 7.0.
I have save my simulation results in .MAT file.
However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1.

I encountered problem as follows:

??? Error using ==> load
Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat

File may be corrupt.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Linda

0
lindah74uk (103)

Please see here:
 <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf>

In short, save again as:
The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release
notes" of Matlab. A
new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of
Matlab is the new
encoding of MAT files.
Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using
Unicode encoding
by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier
versions of Matlab. If
you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you
must override the
Unicode default during the save.
You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with
save and hgsave:
save filename -v6
hgsave filename -v6

Hope it helps

Linda wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have recently installed Matlab 7.0.
> I have save my simulation results in .MAT file.
> However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1.
>
> I encountered problem as follows:
>
> ??? Error using ==> load
> Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat
>
> File may be corrupt.
>

> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Linda

0
mrezak (58)
8/22/2004 7:38:49 AM
Or change your MAT file preferences to v6.

Stuart
"reiaz" <mrezak@what.com> wrote in message
> Please see here:
>  <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf>
>
> In short, save again as:
> The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release
> notes" of Matlab. A
> new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of
> Matlab is the new
> encoding of MAT files.
> Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using
> Unicode encoding
> by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier
> versions of Matlab. If
> you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you
> must override the
> Unicode default during the save.
> You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with
> save and hgsave:
> save filename -v6
> hgsave filename -v6
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Linda wrote:
> >

> > Hi!
> >
> > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0.
> > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file.
> > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1.
> >
> > I encountered problem as follows:
> >
> > ??? Error using ==> load
> > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat
> >
> > File may be corrupt.
> >

> > How can I solve this problem?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Linda

0
stuartm (470)

convert a .mat file (Matlab 6.5) to a .mat file(Matlab 4)
Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 version. I want to convert it my file but i son't know why....I've proved with save as..but i had no chance. What i have to do?Someone can help me? Thank you very much! Bye!! Michael wrote: > Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to > this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from > matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 v...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Using Matlab 6.5 To load Matlab 7.0 Figures
As suggested in my subject I am trying to use Matlab 6.5 to load a Matlab 7.0 updated .fig file. The command I am using is: hgload filename; the error I recieve is: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file z:\xbr_prop\proptool\V7.0.6\PROP\xbr_tool_prop_fig3.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them. Error in ==> \\Resbed-easrv\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\matlab\iofun\hgload.m On line 45 ==> fileVars = load(filename,'-mat'); Error in ==> z:\xbr_prop\proptool\V7.0.6\PROP\prop_7_gui.m On line 2 ==> hgload xbr_tool_prop_fig3;...

load5
After lots of hunting around with old friends, I was able to locate Windows libraries of Matlab 6.5. In addition, I have put a couple "extras" into the load5 command. As soon as it appears in the file exchange (and i notice it), i will update the file to a .zip file which will contain both Windows and Linux versions of load5. Note that if you use this MEX file with R14 in linux, you will need to copy the libz.so.1.2.2 to either the matlab directory and modify the symbolic links libz.so and libz.so.1, or put it in your path and make sure the LD_LIBRARY_PATH has your directory prece...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1
How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1 my GUI have 2 *.fig and 2 *.m and first GUI pass result to the second ...

MATLAB version 7.5.0 error on kernel 2.6.24.5 on Slackware 12.1
Dear users, On Slackware 12, I was using MATLAB without any problem. Now I updated to Slackware 12.1, kernel 2.6.24.5...My old kernel was 2.6.21...Matlab gives the following error while startin: Warning: Initializing Handle Graphics failed in matlabrc. This indicates a potentially serious problem in your MATLAB setup, which should be resolved as soon as possible. Error detected was: MATLAB:badsubscript Attempted to access monitors(1,:); index out of bounds because size(monitors)=[0,4]. > In matlabrc at 104 Can you help me with this? Thank you in advance... Ekin Hi th...

issues involved in moving from MATLAB 5.3 (Release 11.0) to MATLAB 6.0.
Hi, I,ve found the reason for a problem I had (and posted last week), passing from M 5.3 to 6. In "Programming and Data Types Issues" I found that: "Attempting to assign a structure to a field of another structure now results in an error if both of the following conditions are true: The field being assigned to has been initialized to an empty matrix. The field being assigned to is referenced in the assignment using an array index. For example, mystruct.emptyfield = []; mystruct.emptyfield(1) = struct('f1', 25); ??? Conversion to double from struct is not possible. Th...

Matlab 6.5.1 and MSVC++ 6.0
Hi all! Please help me get a clearer picture of what i have read so far... I'm into a project which requires the usage of Matlab computation and i have a program in VC++.. I want my VC++ program to run and use the *.m files without the running of Matlab. In addition, i already written the .m files in Matlab. I have set up my env with mbuild -setup. here's my questions: is [mcc] used to convert .m to .c? (eg. mcc -e bp_meter.m bp_detect.m) can the convert .c files be imported into my VC++ project and compiled into stand alone application without the need to run Matlab? what is th...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

How do I debug a MATLAB 7.1 (R14SP3) MEX-file in Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0?
Hello, I followed the instrutions on http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1Y1FEG/index.html?solution=1-1Y1FEG to debug my mex file in Microsoft Visual ++ 6.0 . After set the correct project setting in the new visual project and clicking on run in visual Matlab opens. However, I get the following error messages in Visual and if I call the mex function from Matlab it does not stop at the breakpoint that I have set in Visual. It just runs over it. Loaded symbols for 'C:\UserData\algomodel\Matlab\VE_MexKernel.mexw32' Loaded 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\75_EL\bin\matlab.exe', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\psapi.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll...

ode45 & events : error in Matlab 7 SP1, oke in Matlab 6.5
I wrote a program some time ago, which was working fine with Matlab 6.5 . I've upgraded to Matlab 7(SP1) and now it's not running anymore. I've getting an error while integrating a differential equation. I'm having the following error : ??? Error using ==> horzcat All matrices on a row in the bracketed expression must have the same number of rows. Error in ==> ode45 at 393 teout = [teout, te] Error in ==> flo_zoek_punt_doorsnede>controle at 211 [tijd,trajectorie,te,ye,ie] = ode45(@opl_aantr,[0 teind],[startpunt],options,LIAP_INSTAB,LIAP_STAB); It has something to do with the event function, but I don't know who to solve it. Do I have to change something to my code? Thanks Liesbeth Luyckx PS My code is the following : options = odeset('event', @zoek_nul); [tijd,trajectorie,te,ye,ie] = ode45(@opl_aantr,[0 teind],[startpunt],options,LIAP_INSTAB,LIAP_STAB); ------------------------------ function [value,isterminal,direction] = zoek_nul(t,y,LIAP_AANTR,STAB_LIAP) WAARDE = Liapunov1(y'); % Liapunov1 is a function WA1 = WAARDE - LIAP_AANTR; WA2 = WAARDE - STAB_LIAP; value = [WA1; WA2]; isterminal = [0 ; 1]; direction=[0; 0]; ------------------------------- function out1 = opl_aantr(t,y,LIAP_AANTR,STAB_LIAP) gegevens; % the parameter values are in this file % g and mu_d are both functions out1 = zeros(4,1); out1(1) = y(2); out1(2) = - 2 * dzeta1 * y(2) - g(y(1)) - g(y(1) - y(3)) - mu_d(y(1)); out1(3) = y(4); out1(...

From Matlab 7.0 to 6.5
Hello all, I saved a variable in Matlab 7.0 as save('path','myvariable') in order to get a .mat file. However, it seem impossible to import it in Matlab 6.5, i get an error message : load('./merge_250.mat') ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file ./merge_250.mat File may be corrupt. Does the .mat file are no more compatible between 6.5 and 7.0 ar have i done something incorrect? Thanck a lot Fran�ois wrote: >... > > Does the .mat file are no more compatible between 6.5 and 7.0 ar > have i > done something incorrect? Hi, No, 7-Mat-File are not compatible with prior version. see help save (in MTB 7) : .... SAVE ... -V6 saves a MAT-file that MATLAB 6 can LOAD. or modify the settings in the General->MAT-Files preferences panel, accessible via the File->Preferences menu item, if you always want to save in v6 format. Caroline French Caroline wrote: > Fran�ois wrote: >> ... >> >> Does the .mat file are no more compatible between 6.5 and 7.0 ar >> have i >> done something incorrect? > > Hi, > No, 7-Mat-File are not compatible with prior version. > see help save (in MTB 7) : > ... > SAVE ... -V6 saves a MAT-file that MATLAB 6 can LOAD. > or modify the settings in the General->MAT-Files preferences > panel, accessible via the File->Preferences menu item, if you > always want to save in v6 format. > > Caroline ok, thanks for the information! ...

Runtime error while calling matlab 7.0.1 from visual c++ 6.0
I've included the "engine.h", and there is no problem while compiling. But when I execute the code, a first chance exception is ouccured while excuting "ar = mxGetPr(mp);" The error is: First-chance exception in CameraTest.exe (LIBMX.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation The source code is: --------------------------------------- Engine *ep; Engine *ep; mxArray *mp, *ans; double *ar, *detreal; int i,j; mp = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(3,3,mxREAL); ar = mxGetPr(mp); for (i=0; i<3; i++) for (j=0; j<3; j++) { *ar=1; ar++; } ep = engOpen(""...

LAPack problem in Matlab 7.0 and 7.0.1
Hi guys, I have been creating dll using the mex command on Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6 under WinXP. My fortran programs require the use of DGEMM, and in the past I have been linking to the LAPACK using libdflapck.dll without any issue. When 7.0/7.0.1 arrive, they forgot to include libdflapack.dll, so I went back to use the one from version 6.5.1. Unfortunately, there is some incompatibility with the old version of libdflapack.dll and Matlab 7.0/7.0.1. The mex created dll just fails to run. It is a platform dependent problem. On some machines (P3, AMD XP), the dll runs without problem. On faster machines like P4, Centrino, AMD64, I get an "invalid MEX file" message. I sent TMW technical support this question a while ago. Besides acknowledging the problem and telling me that there is no workaround, there is practically no help. I wonder if anyone has come across this problem and has found any solution. I was able to use another BLAS and ATLAS library found on the web instead of libdflapack.dll and mex the Fortran file without any problem, but these libraries are very old and not optimized for my machine, so the performance is much worse than the one from using the libdflapack.dll. I was also able to use CXML from CVF, but again the performance is much worse. My questions are: 1. Anyway to change the mex script to make the libdflapack.dll work? 2. Anyway to create an Atlas library of LAPack and BLAS that works with Compaq Visual Fortran (in particular...

Matlab 7 ----> Matlab 6 GUI conversion
Hi, I have a question related to whether it is possible to convert a .fig file that was created in Matlab 7 into Matlab 6. I am running on my machine Matlab 6 and when i am trying to run the gui created in a recent version of Matlab, it fails Thanks George close your pc and go to sleep magka moy ...

Why is Matlab 7 excruciatingly slow (compared to Matlab 6)?
Hi, I've just installed Matlab 7 and it's incredibly slow when starting up and also when closing. Once the Matlab program window opens, it looks like as if it has started but it says "Initilizing..." in the Status bar at the bottom and the Start button is disabled. Basically you can't do anything. I never had such problems with Matlab 6. Don't have any virus program running either. Is there any setting I need to adjust to prevent this from happening? Cos it takes nearly 2-3 mins just to complete initialization!! I tried installing it on two notebooks and they both ...

Matlab v7 data file in Matlab v6.5
Hi there I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5 (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved data file as a corrupt file. Thanks in advance, rehan Rehan Ahmad wrote: > > > Hi there > > I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I > save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5 > (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved > data file as a corrupt file. > > Thanks in advance, > reh...

Matlab 6.5.1 R13 with CVF 6.6?
I have a fortran file which I've been mex compiling using Compaq VF 6.5 under Matlab 6.5.1, and it works fine. I just upgraded to CVF 6.6 (using the free 6.5->6.6 upgrade from Compaq's webpage), and discovered that my file will no longer compile properly. To be specific, it compiles/links fine, but when I try to run I get: Unable to load mex file: <my extension>myfile.dll The specified procedure could not be found When I dug a little deeper, it seems that this only happens on files that use dynamically allocated memory. In particular, when I compared the two different .dll&#...

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

matlab 7.0 GUIDE compatibility with 6.5
The GUI I developed in Matlab 6.5 cannot be edited in Matlab 7. I got the following message: java.lang.ClassCastException at com.mathworks.ide.layout.LayoutEditor.completed(LayoutEditor.java:3957) at com.mathworks.jmi.Matlab$CompletionHandler.messageReceived(Matlab.java:2079) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.dispatchMessage(MWLooper.java:412) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.runBridge(MWLooper.java:557) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.run(MWLooper.java:526) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Does anyone seen the same problem? Thanks In advance!...

matlab 7.1 use matlab C++ math library
I wanna use matlab C++ math library into VC++6.0, but my matlab is 7.1. if i wanna use matlab C++ math library to programme, how can i setup my VC link?? why matlab7.1 doesn't have "extern->include->cpp" file??? In using matlab C++ math library , what difference between matlab 6.X and matlab7.1??? ...

load mat-file (created in Matlab 6.5) with R14
Dear Users, I get the following error message when trying to load a mat-file with R14.(The mat-file is created by a third party program and is readable with R13) >> load('-mat','Aufbau1.mat'); ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT-file D:\Anwendungen\DSH_3_3\DSH3_3_Voith_Paper\Aufbau1.mat File may be corrupt. I would be greatful for an answer, Thanks, Matthias ...

Problem with Matlab 7.0.1 r14sp1 with Fedora 5
Hi, last week I had a problem as I report in the subject. In particular I followed the procedure below: 1) Installed Fedora 5 2) Compiled the kernel sources 2.6.15-2054 and the rtai3.3 modules; 3) Installed Matlab 7.0.1 r14sp1 Now I can start successfully Matlab, but when I tried to open Simulink it returned the following error: ??? Can't load '/usr/local/matlab/bin/glnx86/libmwsimulink.so': /usr/lib/libXft.so.1 So I tried to fix the problem making a link, named libXft.so.2.1.2, to libXft.so in the same dir. When I tried to open again Simulink, it returned: ??? Can't loa...

Web resources about - Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Incompatible-properties argument - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The incompatible-properties argument is the idea that no description of God is consistent with reality . For example, if one takes the definition ...

Menopause and work: incompatible?
It's one of the last taboo topics and it needs to be explored.

Mark Carney says Scottish independence 'incompatible' with keeping pound
Mark Carney says the idea that an independent Scotland would be able to use the British pound as its national currency is 'incompatible with ...

Apple appeases 15 million unofficial iPhone users on incompatible China Mobile network with software ...
China Mobile, the world's largest wireless company with 665 million subscribers, confirmed Monday that it now hosts 15 million iPhones on its ...

‘Bro Code’ Incompatible With Judicial Code Of Conduct
It's good to look out for your friends, but maybe don't violate the judge code of conduct.

Obama Admin Marriage Brief: Bans 'Incompatible' With Constitution
The administration makes a strong argument for marriage equality in a brief filed Friday in the upcoming Supreme Court case.

Dear Google, whose bright idea was it to make the new Blogger CMS incompatible with the iPhone and iPad ...
Blogger's new content management system no longer permits mobile blogging on the iPhone or iPad, the CMS simply doesn't work on the iPhone or ...

Samsung Galaxy S 4 Incompatible with Original TecTiles, TecTile 2 Announced
... Ordinarily this isn’t much of a problem, as long as users are aware of the limitation and to stay away from MIFARE classic tags on an incompatible ...

GALAXY S 4 incompatible with current line of Samsung NFC TecTile tags
The Samsung TecTile tags are not a terribly expensive item, however it looks like those who are using the tags and also upgrading from a Galaxy ...