Installing Parallel Computing toolbox

Hello,

I am trying to set up the Parallel Computing toolbox (MATLAB win64, 2009a). The toolbox folder and .enc files appear in the MATLAB installation files, but in the setup it doesn't appear in the toolbox installation list. It isn't already installed, since when I type "doc distcomp/parfor" the documentation doesn't appear, when I use parfor only one core is used, and it doesn't find matlabpool.

Note that I am only interested in using parallelization on a single (multi-core) machine, so I shouldn't need the Distributed Computing toolbox (should I?).
0
Alexis

Alexis,

Please can you work with the MathWorks installation support:
http://www.mathworks.com/support/contact_us/index.html

"Alexis Bourel" <bebouse@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to set up the Parallel Computing toolbox (MATLAB win64,
> 2009a). The toolbox folder and .enc files appear in the MATLAB
> installation files, but in the setup it doesn't appear in the toolbox
> installation list. It isn't already installed, since when I type "doc
> distcomp/parfor" the documentation doesn't appear, when I use parfor only
> one core is used, and it doesn't find matlabpool.
>
> Note that I am only interested in using parallelization on a single
> (multi-core) machine, so I shouldn't need the Distributed Computing
> toolbox (should I?).

0
Gaurav
3/10/2010 3:42:33 PM
"Gaurav Sharma" <gauravs@mathworks.com> wrote in message <hn8elc$t1n$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Alexis,
>
> Please can you work with the MathWorks installation support:
> http://www.mathworks.com/support/contact_us/index.html
>

> "Alexis Bourel" <bebouse@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to set up the Parallel Computing toolbox (MATLAB win64,
> > 2009a). The toolbox folder and .enc files appear in the MATLAB
> > installation files, but in the setup it doesn't appear in the toolbox
> > installation list. It isn't already installed, since when I type "doc
> > distcomp/parfor" the documentation doesn't appear, when I use parfor only
> > one core is used, and it doesn't find matlabpool.
> >
> > Note that I am only interested in using parallelization on a single
> > (multi-core) machine, so I shouldn't need the Distributed Computing
> > toolbox (should I?).

Hello Alexis,

A common problem that may occur when installing a new toolbox is that matlab uses an old toolbox cache and does not see the new files. You can update the toolbox cache from the files -> Preferences -> General pane withe Update ToolBox Cache button, or using the rehash toolboxcache command. Help rehash will show some other options for rehash and explain them all.

Hope this helps,

Donn

PS. You can check your License file in %matlabroot%/licenses to make sure there is a Distrib_Computing_Toolbox entry.
0
Donn