Invalid setting for input port dimensions of... error

Greetings,

I followed the process to develop a FIS that works; however, when I tried to execute it in a simulink environment, I get the following errors:

Invalid setting for input port dimensions of _mamdani_Sim/Fuzzy Logic Controller with Ruleviewer/Fuzzy Logic Controller/FIS Wizard/Demux'. The dimensions are being set to 1. This is not valid because the total number of input and output elements are not the same.

and

Error in port widths or dimensions. Output port 1 of _mamdani_Sim/Fuzzy Logic Controller with Ruleviewer/Fuzzy Logic Controller/FIS Wizard/In1' is a one dimensional vector with 1 elements.

I am not sure how to fix this issue.  Does anyone has any insight on how to get this simulink working?

Tks,

Johnny
0
js1178 (9)
7/10/2009 3:15:17 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

This is an old post, but I'm having the exact same issue in MATLAB 2012a. Replace the number 1 with 6, and his files with mine and the message is the same.

I know this is a case where the actual error is NOT where MATLAB is indicating the error is. I had a model that was working fine with no errors (but not modeling correctly). I replaced an existing Simulink subsystem in the model with a custom S-Function. When I ran with the new S-Function, I got this error, but the demux in question was UPSTREAM of the new S-Function. As a double check I put the old subsystem back in place and everything ran fine. It is truly bizarre to me.

"Johnny Sandaire" wrote in message <h37lu5$ke$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Greetings,
>
> I followed the process to develop a FIS that works; however, when I tried to execute it in a simulink environment, I get the following errors:
>
> Invalid setting for input port dimensions of _mamdani_Sim/Fuzzy Logic Controller with Ruleviewer/Fuzzy Logic Controller/FIS Wizard/Demux'. The dimensions are being set to 1. This is not valid because the total number of input and output elements are not the same.
>
> and
>
> Error in port widths or dimensions. Output port 1 of _mamdani_Sim/Fuzzy Logic Controller with Ruleviewer/Fuzzy Logic Controller/FIS Wizard/In1' is a one dimensional vector with 1 elements.
>
> I am not sure how to fix this issue.  Does anyone has any insight on how to get this simulink working?
>
> Tks,
>
> Johnny
0
akarna (1)