Is Matlab 2009b truly running 64-bit in Windows 7?

Just wondering whether I can expect a performance improvement if I
migrate to 7; some have cautioned of a possible degradation in
performance relative to XP pro (although I'd likely be adding another
4 GB of RAM if I moved to 7).

Thanks,
Chris
0
data.mule (8)
11/9/2009 2:13:28 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

I am also likely to get a new computer soon and was wondering if there are any problems in installing and running Matlab in Windows 7 64 bit.

I have an impression there are issues in installing it.  Is that correct?
0
j.l.terry1 (19)
11/9/2009 4:54:02 AM
I am also likely to get a new computer soon and was wondering if there are any problems in installing and running Matlab in Windows 7 64 bit.

I have an impression there are issues in installing it.  Is that correct?
0
j.l.terry1 (19)
11/9/2009 5:01:20 AM
"Christopher" <data.mule@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Just wondering whether I can expect a performance improvement if I
> migrate to 7; some have cautioned of a possible degradation in
> performance relative to XP pro (although I'd likely be adding another
> 4 GB of RAM if I moved to 7).
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Hi Chris,

according to
http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/index.html
Windows 7 is fully supported on 64-bit machines. About the performance I
can't say anything, though.

Titus

Running MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit
Hello, After upgrading my OS to Windows 7 64-bit and installing MATLAB 64-bit version, I realized that Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link do not support Windows 7 64-bit. Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link are supported on Windows 7 32-bit. However, I do not have Windows 7 32-bit. A MathWorks tech support engineer suggested installing MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. However, there is no guarantee that all features in MATLAB will work. Has anyone worked with MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 64-bit? Please post your experiences. Thanks, Shyam. "Shyam" <...

matlab 64 bits for windows 7 64 bits
Hi all, can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits?? Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am facing problems of memory while handling big sized matrices. I saw that matlab 64 bits provides much less memory constraints regarding matrix size. Thanks for help "Nefissa " <kh2i.kh2i@gmail.com> wrote in message news:im7mfc$j9a$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits?? > Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am > facing problems of memory ...

Windows 7 64-bit, Matlab 2011a 64 bit and NI-PCI6534
I am using a win7 64 machine and have Matlab 2011a 64 bit (with all toolboxes) installed. I have a National Instruments PCI digital I/O card that I'm looking to mess with (I have 9.3 version of NI-DAQmx installed). The problem is I can't seem to figure out how to talk to this card. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, Jason ...

Problem while trying to install matlab 2009b in windows 7-64 bit
Hello, I just got my new laptop and i can not install matlab.I've tried many versions but none is compatible.The installation does not start. I use windows 7 64-bit.Can anyone help me please?? sofia <sofitsa_f@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, I just got my new laptop and i can not install matlab.I've > tried many versions but none is compatible.The installation does not > start. I use windows 7 64-bit.Can anyone help me please?? 2009B is fully supported on Win7- what happens when you try installing it? Stan Stan Bischof <stan@newserve.worldbadminton.com...

Editor in Matlab 2009a / 2009b hangs under Windows 7 (64 bit)
Fresh install of Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit). The editor in Matlab 2009a (64 bi)t freezes after a few key strokes - after about 30 seconds it becomes active again. This seems to happen when modifying a file, not when just scrolling through a file. While frozen, the window can be moved around and the Mlint information in the rightmost column is greyed out. The Matlab command window can be moved, but does not accept input during the time that the editor is frozen. While frozen, task manager shows zero CPU activity. Tried turning off auto save. Tried turning off Mlint. Did not help. Tried inst...

Matlab 2009b on Windows 7 64-bit on Vaio Z-series Laptop
Hey All, I am stumped with this problem. Hopefully someone can shed some light into this. I have the following setup: Sony Vaio Z570N: - Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HDD - Hybrid Graphics (Intel GMA 4500MHD + Nvidia 9300M) - Windows 7 64-bit - Matlab 2009B Student Version I don't have experience this problem with any other applications (at least none that I have noticed), however, Matlab's GUI seems to run very slowly. I had no problems at all on Windows Vista (with Aero and all effects fully enabled for Windows). However, I have tried installing both 32-...

32-bit MATLAB on 64-bit Windows 7
I installed the 32-bit version of MATLAB on 64-bit windows 7 >> ver ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.13.0.564 (R2011b) MATLAB License Number: xxxxxx Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I haven't noticed anything wierd happening. I plan to upgrade to 64-bit 2012b. What are ...

MEX in Matlab 7.10, 64 bit, Windows 7
Hi! I was wondering if anyone got MEX to work under 64 bit Windows 7, using Visual C++ Express Edition 9.0? I followed all instructions on http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/index.html?solution=1-6IJJ3L exactly, and it had worked for me before on Windows Vista. Now, Matlab using mex -setup can certainly detect the compiler, but when I use it to compile something (such as yprime.c as in the example), I get the error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'yprime.mexw64' C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2010A\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Link of 'yprime.mexw64&#...

XViD support in Matlab 7.5 64-bit (under Windows 7)
Dear all, I'm trying to read data from an AVI file with XViD compression. System details: Windows 7 64-bit, running on a Core2-Quad machine. Matlab 2007b (7.5.0) 64-bit I've installed the latest version of the XViD codec, made sure that it appears in the codec list in Window Media Player and restarted everything. Still, when using aviread, I get the error: Unable to locate decompressor to decompress video stream What do I have to do to overcome this nuisance? Thanks!! Gilad "Gilad " <gilad.jacobson@fmi.ch> wrote in message <iopdto$ct9$1@fred.mathworks.com>.....

Matlab 7.0 R14 problem in Windows 7 64-bit
Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes down after 1 second or so. My processor is Phenom II X6 X1055T 2.8 GHz. Thx for Ur help if U know, Kaare "Kaare " <kaare.simonsen@hsbcib.com> wrote in message news:i1hemf$e77$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine > on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes > down after 1 second or so. My processor...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

How well does 64-bit Matlab run on 64-bit systems
I am considering purchasing a 64-bit workstation running 64-bit Linux or my management may require a Windows based system running under EM64T. I am interested in how well it performs and what kinds of problems users are having with it. Is anyone successfully running 64-bit Matlab on 64-bit systems? If so is it faster than the 32-bit version? Which 64-bit system is best? Most of my computations are floating point intensive as well as requiring lots of sorting. Lastly, I am leery of being forced to get the 64-bit version of Windows XP which is still in beta testing. What kind performance can be ...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

Matlab & Windows 7 64 bit
Hello, i am using Matlab 7.0.0.19920. I installed it on a Windows 7 64 bit. I managed to make Matlab work substituing the java folder in the Matlab folder as reported in other topics on the net... but GUIS don't work (the gui window appears to be empty) Can it depend by the fact Windows 7 is 64 bit? (i previosly used windows 32 bit and guis worked...). If i install Windows 7 32 bit would they work in your opinion? thanks a lot asi "Isaac " <asimov4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:io1j50$kji$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > i am using Matlab 7.0.0.19920. > I installed it on a Windows 7 64 bit. I managed to make Matlab work > substituing the java folder in the Matlab folder as reported in other > topics on the net... but GUIS don't work (the gui window appears to be > empty) MATLAB 7.0 (R14) is not officially supported on Windows 7. http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/release14/index.html Release R2009a was the first release officially supported on Windows 7: http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/release2009a/index.html -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

64-bit Matlab scripts on 32-bit Matlab?
Hello, I wish to use script which perform some simple calculations on NetCDF variables and store result values as a matrix. Author claims that script needs 64-bit MATLAB version installed on Linux machine. Unfortunately, although I have 64-bit machine, under Linux I have access to 32-bit MATLAB only. Following warning is returned: Error using class The CLASS function must be called from a class constructor. Could you tell me: - what (in terms of syntax, available functions, methods, objects) are the differences between 64-bit and 32-bit MATLAB? - is it possible to workaround su...

MATLAB driver for AMD Opteron running Windows 64 bit
I purchased a workstation that has dual AMD Opteron processors. The installed OS is Windows XP Pro 64 bit. I want to install MATLAB, but our computer guy says that a dll is required. Unfortunatley, we could not find a dll to run MATLAB with this configuration. Any pointers will be appreciated. MT I am running a P4 64-bit with XP-64 and was able to install MATLAB without any special dll. It does, however, run in 32-bit emulation mode. Metin Turkay wrote: > > > I purchased a workstation that has dual AMD Opteron processors. The > installed OS is Windows XP Pro 64 bit. > > ...

Compatibility problem between windows 7, 64 bit and matlab 2008a
I have windows 7 home edition 64 bit on my laptop and installed matlab 2008a. I had no problem in installation, but when using command prompt some of functions didn't work. for example when using 'jordan(a)' it says: ??? Undefined function or method 'jordan' for input arguments of type 'double'. can anyone help me please? Thanks a lot "nigc hesari" <hesariimostafa@yahooo.com> wrote in message <ibga54$qjt$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have windows 7 home edition 64 bit on my laptop and installed matlab 2008a. > I had no problem in i...

MEX Setup in Matlab 2007b, windows 7, 64-bit
I had a problem with MEX Setup in Matlab 2007b, windows 7, 64-bit. MATLAB could not find any compile. I followed this. The same problem, Bo compiler found in Matlab. http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/index.html?solution=1-6IJJ3L I realized that Visual Studio 2008 Express is not compatible with my version of matlab according to: http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/release2007b/win64.html However, I tired to install Visual Studio 2005 but could not do it. The error message shows "program could not be installed because the program to be upgraded may b...

Problem installing Matlab 2007b under Windows 7 64 bits
Dear all, I have issues installing Matlab 2007b under a Windows7 64 bits OS. I use the administrator account of the computer (and right click+ install as the administrator to launch the installation), but at the very begining of the setup (before it even installs anything on the computer), when it just copies some files on the harddrive, I have a message stating that I cannot modify some files without the acknowledgement of "all users"... The files list is: cursors Africa America Antartica Asia Atlantic Australia Etc Europe Indian Pacific SystemV Problem is: it is not written anyw...

Multithreading (Matlab 2009b on windows XP Prof. 64-bit)
Hi, I am working on a large data set (primarily graphical analysis). So I am using Dell Precision T7500 (double quad-core processor, 8 GB Ram). I have enabled Hyperthreading in the BIOS. So Windows Task Manager is now showing 16 processors in total. While I am executing the function, windows task manager is showing that onle 2/3 processors (12-15% of the total processor capability) and 1.6 GB RAM is used. I am using a MEX file (C++) in my program compiled for 64 bit windows. How can I increase the usages of processor and RAM to speed up Matlab computation?By the way, I am using Matlab...

Running mex file from MATLAB R2009b on 64-bit Windows
Hi, I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express and Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5. Then I defined the environment variables: as SET MSSdk=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1 SET VS90COMNTOOLS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools and then I tried the "mex -setup" to let MatLab find my compiler, were I selected the [1] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0 as my compiler, where I got the following message: ****************...

running matlab 7.1 on windows 7
when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, error starting desktop, please help "V NAVEEN " <anuj.navren90@gmail.com> wrote in message <hirlde$mii$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, > error starting desktop, > please help a hint: http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/previous_releases.html us ...

Problem installing Matlab 2007b under Windows 7 64 bits #2
Dear all, I have issues installing Matlab 2007b under a Windows7 64 bits OS. I use the administrator account of the computer (and right click+ install as the administrator to launch the installation), but at the very begining of the setup (before it even installs anything on the computer), when it just copies some files on the harddrive, I have a message stating that I cannot modify some files without the acknowledgement of "all users"... The files list is: cursors Africa America Antartica Asia Atlantic Australia Etc Europe Indian Pacific SystemV Problem is: it is not written anyw...

Problem with Matlab kicking off COM object in windows 7 64-bit
We have recently tried porting a solution to matlab on windows 7 64bit OS which was working fine on xp 32bit OS. Both are running 32 bit matlab but on windows 7 i get the following message: ??? Error using ==> feval Server Creation Failed: Error in ==> actxserver at 87 h=feval(['COM.' convertedProgID], 'server', machinename, interface); Error in ==> CalcInfConfInParallel at 2 ref = actxserver('Test.MatLabTest'); I know usually you would expect the feval message to contain something useful but this was blank. I was wondering if this ha...

Web resources about - Is Matlab 2009b truly running 64-bit in Windows 7? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Mina Guli: Australian woman running 40 marathons in 49 days in 7 Desert Challenge
A FEW days ago Mina Guli was running on a polar ice cap, it was minus 20 degrees and there was a white out.

Malcolm Turnbull running bad scare campaign over negative gearing, Labor says
Labor says the Prime Minister has contradicted himself while fighting against its negative gearing policy.

90 percent of Android devices are running an outdated OS
According to new research over 90 percent of Android devices are running an out of date version of the OS. In addition, 32 percent of those in ...

9 new battery technologies that ease your fears of running out of juice
Smartphones are becoming more and more sophisticated mobile PCs, yet device makers still haven't figured out how to significantly improve their ...

Lunatics running the asylum @BloggersRus
Lunatics running the asylum by Tom Sullivan The sooner America legalizes marijuana and collectively lights one up, the better. At the risk ...

Trump Starts Talking About Running Mates After Nevada Win
A day after running the tables in the Nevada caucuses, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he'd likely look for someone with ...

***Horse Race LiveWire*** Trump Not Running Ads In Any Super Tuesday States
***Horse Race LiveWire*** Trump Not Running Ads In Any Super Tuesday States

GOP Gov. Brian Sandoval takes himself out of the running for SCOTUS
His decision comes only a day after CBS News confirmed the White House had been vetting him

Apple Watch’s biggest competitor is running into problems
We still don’t have exact sales numbers on the Apple Watch, but something is clearly having a big impact on Fitbit, Apple’s biggest rival in ...