Is my version of MATLAB 64 bit?

Hi I have an install of MATLAB on a 64 bit linux machine. How do I know whether I installed a 64 bit or 32 bit version of MATLAB?

ver returns this

MATLAB Version 7.4.0.287 (R2007a)
MATLAB License Number: 316865
Operating System: Linux 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007 x86_64
Java VM Version: Java 1.5.0_04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
MATLAB                                                Version 7.4        (R2007a)
Image Processing Toolbox                              Version 5.4        (R2007a)
Optimization Toolbox                                  Version 3.1.1      (R2007a)
Signal Processing Toolbox                             Version 6.7        (R2007a)
Statistics Toolbox                                    Version 6.0        (R2007a)

But am still not sure from this If I have the 64 bit install? Anyone know?
Cheers
 - S
0
sdmuthu (3)
2/16/2009 5:59:02 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 14 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"johovishta Muthukumaraswamy"
> Hi I have an install of MATLAB on a 64 bit linux machine. How do I know whether I installed a 64 bit or 32 bit version of MATLAB

a hint:

     help computer;

us
0
us1 (8051)
2/16/2009 6:14:02 PM
On Feb 16, 9:59=A0am, "johovishta Muthukumaraswamy" <sdmu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi I have an install of MATLAB on a 64 bit linux machine. How do I know w=
hether I installed a 64 bit or 32 bit version of MATLAB?

> ver returns this

------------
> MATLAB Version 7.4.0.287 (R2007a)
> MATLAB License Number: 316865
> Operating System: Linux 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007=
 x86_64
> Java VM Version: Java 1.5.0_04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM=
) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
------------
> MATLAB =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Version 7.4 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(R2007a)
> Image Processing Toolbox =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0Version 5.4 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(R2007a)
> Optimization Toolbox =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Version 3.1.1 =A0 =A0 =A0(R2007a)
> Signal Processing Toolbox =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0 =A0 Version 6.7 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(R2007a)
> Statistics Toolbox =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Version 6.0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(R2007a)

> But am still not sure from this If I have the 64 bit install? Anyone know=
?
> Cheers
> =A0- S

try this command:

mexext

on the 32-bit (linux) install the output is mexglx, the 64-bit linux
will have mexa64.
0
swgillan (38)
2/16/2009 6:21:18 PM
"johovishta Muthukumaraswamy" <sdmuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message <gnc9h6$d8q$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi I have an install of MATLAB on a 64 bit linux machine. How do I know whether I installed a 64 bit or 32 bit version of MATLAB?
>
> ver returns this

> MATLAB Version 7.4.0.287 (R2007a)
> MATLAB License Number: 316865
> Operating System: Linux 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007 x86_64
> Java VM Version: Java 1.5.0_04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
> MATLAB                                                Version 7.4        (R2007a)
> Image Processing Toolbox                              Version 5.4        (R2007a)
> Optimization Toolbox                                  Version 3.1.1      (R2007a)
> Signal Processing Toolbox                             Version 6.7        (R2007a)
> Statistics Toolbox                                    Version 6.0        (R2007a)
>
> But am still not sure from this If I have the 64 bit install? Anyone know?
> Cheers
>  - S

Go to menu "Help -> About MATLAB", it should tell you which version you have installed. It works on Windows version.

Bruno
0
b.luong5955 (6401)
2/16/2009 7:20:03 PM
Thanks - it is the mexext command that works
 - S

"johovishta Muthukumaraswamy" <sdmuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message <gnc9h6$d8q$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi I have an install of MATLAB on a 64 bit linux machine. How do I know whether I installed a 64 bit or 32 bit version of MATLAB?
>
> ver returns this

> MATLAB Version 7.4.0.287 (R2007a)
> MATLAB License Number: 316865
> Operating System: Linux 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007 x86_64
> Java VM Version: Java 1.5.0_04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
> MATLAB                                                Version 7.4        (R2007a)
> Image Processing Toolbox                              Version 5.4        (R2007a)
> Optimization Toolbox                                  Version 3.1.1      (R2007a)
> Signal Processing Toolbox                             Version 6.7        (R2007a)
> Statistics Toolbox                                    Version 6.0        (R2007a)
>
> But am still not sure from this If I have the 64 bit install? Anyone know?
> Cheers
>  - S
0
sdmuthu (3)

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

64-bit Matlab scripts on 32-bit Matlab?
Hello, I wish to use script which perform some simple calculations on NetCDF variables and store result values as a matrix. Author claims that script needs 64-bit MATLAB version installed on Linux machine. Unfortunately, although I have 64-bit machine, under Linux I have access to 32-bit MATLAB only. Following warning is returned: Error using class The CLASS function must be called from a class constructor. Could you tell me: - what (in terms of syntax, available functions, methods, objects) are the differences between 64-bit and 32-bit MATLAB? - is it possible to workaround su...

matlab 64 bits for windows 7 64 bits
Hi all, can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits?? Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am facing problems of memory while handling big sized matrices. I saw that matlab 64 bits provides much less memory constraints regarding matrix size. Thanks for help "Nefissa " <kh2i.kh2i@gmail.com> wrote in message news:im7mfc$j9a$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits?? > Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am > facing problems of memory ...

I would like to know if my MATLAB 7.2 R2006a is of 32-bit or 64 bit version?
I have 2 questions that I could not find it from mathworks.com. Could you please help me with the questions? Thank you in advance ^_^ I found something pretty strange when I install MATLAB 7.2 R2006a on my machine. When I ran setup files then there was a message box said -------------------------- "You are about to install a 32-bit version of MATLAB. If you would like to download the 64-bit version of MATLAB for use on this Windows x64 machine go to the downloads section of the MathWorks Web site (mathworks.com/web_downloads)". -------------------------- I'm using Windows XP x64...

How well does 64-bit Matlab run on 64-bit systems
I am considering purchasing a 64-bit workstation running 64-bit Linux or my management may require a Windows based system running under EM64T. I am interested in how well it performs and what kinds of problems users are having with it. Is anyone successfully running 64-bit Matlab on 64-bit systems? If so is it faster than the 32-bit version? Which 64-bit system is best? Most of my computations are floating point intensive as well as requiring lots of sorting. Lastly, I am leery of being forced to get the 64-bit version of Windows XP which is still in beta testing. What kind performance can be ...

Matlab 64 vs 32 bit benchmarking results (on Win XP 64 bit vs Win XP 32 bit SP2)
Recently I installed a new PC with dual boot, win XP 32 bit and win XP 64 bit. On the 32 bit OS I run 32 bit matlab, on the 64 bit OS I run 64 bit matlab. MATLAB Version 7.3.0.267 (R2006b) Intel core 2 duo 6700 @ 2.66GHz, 2GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS I benchmarked the systems in 2 ways (average over multiple runs): 1) with a benchmark from the file exchange MATLAB Central > File Exchange > Utilities > Miscellaneous > Benchmark http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=11984&objectType=file 2) With my own benchmark (training of neural netwo...

Windows 7 64-bit, Matlab 2011a 64 bit and NI-PCI6534
I am using a win7 64 machine and have Matlab 2011a 64 bit (with all toolboxes) installed. I have a National Instruments PCI digital I/O card that I'm looking to mess with (I have 9.3 version of NI-DAQmx installed). The problem is I can't seem to figure out how to talk to this card. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, Jason ...

A general problem in 64-bit Matlab with establishing connections to 64-bit ODBC databases
I have tried to connect to MS Access database (Windows 7, Matlab 2011 both 64 bits) but I got the same error as for a SQL server connection: conn =3D database('DRIVER=3D{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=3DC:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\database\dbdemos \tutorial.mdb', '', '') conn =3D Instance: 'DRIVER=3D{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=3DC:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\database\dbdemos \tutorial.mdb' UserName: '' Driver: [] URL: [] Constructor: [1x1 com.mathworks.toolbox...

Multithreading: Different in 64 and 32 Bit Versions of Matlab?
Dear all, I just upgraded to a Windows 7 64 bit box, multicore, 6GB. I installed the 32 bit as well as the 64 bit version of Matlab 2008b (I'm currently stuck with this version). I checked that both versions are actually able to use multithreading using the following code, which led to the use of 4 cores: a = rand(40000,1); for k=1:20000; b=log(a); end Now I let my real world code (pure Matlab) run on both versions: 1.) The 64 bit version make much less use of multithreading. The exact same code runs in the 32 Bit Matlab on 4 cores, and on the 64 bit Matlab only on 1 core. ...

How to make mexw32 file works under the 64-bit version of Matlab?
I tried to run a model which came with a .mexw32 file. It works fine on the 32- bit version of Matlab but not on the 64-bit version. Is there any way to solve the problem? "peter yamo" <jsv8@hotmail.com> wrote in message <g3uhpv$t0v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I tried to run a model which came with a .mexw32 file. It works fine on the 32- > bit version of Matlab but not on the 64-bit version. Is there any way to solve the > problem? No. You will need a 64-bit MEX file if you want to run 64-bit Matlab. ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio...

matlab emacs working on 64 bit linux with R2009a student version
I am posting this in case anyone else runs into the problem I encountered in trying to use the matlab-shell major mode in emacs. If you are running the 32 bit version of matlab, you must use the flag -glnx86 to run matlab in a 64 bit linux distro. In order to do this, change the following in matlab.el: original code: (defcustom matlab-shell-command-switches '("-nodesktop") revised code: (defcustom matlab-shell-command-switches '("-nodesktop" "-glnx86" "-nosplash") This is the proper syntax to allow the matlab major mode to work within em...

32-bit Matlab on 64-bit Linux
Hi, I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I currently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. I saw this suggestion from somebody- http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/100595 "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 version of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .mexglx files, start Matlab with 'matlab -glnx86'." So I decided to search if this was actually possible and I foun...

Web resources about - Is my version of MATLAB 64 bit? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of September 2013, Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean is the most widely-used Android version, ...

NHL for iOS updated to version 7.0 with video enhancements and Premium features
Hot on the heels of the 2016 All-Star Game, the National Hockey League (NHL) has updated its official iOS app, simply called NHL , to version ...

Adobe pushes out betas for version 21 of Flash and Air
... them aren't good. The Adobe app has proven to be a security nightmare and constant updates do little to alleviate the problems. Now a new version ...

Experts: Zika Vaccine a Decade Away, but Emergency-Use Version May Exist by 2016
Experts: Zika Vaccine a Decade Away, but Emergency-Use Version May Exist by 2016

Tesla is definitely rolling out two versions of its $35,000 Model 3
... it requires a big and expensive battery, has always come at a steep price. It's also unclear whether Tesla will retain, on the crossover version ...

CEO Mayer: Making best version of Yahoo
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer said she will continue to focus on making the company the best version of itself possible.

Suicide Squad Trailer Gets Fan-Made Animated Version
In the spirit of the recent animated character posters for Suicide Squad (or maybe just for fun), [...]

Is Apple prepping a pro version of the iPhone 7 Plus? Catch the discussion on The CultCast
This week on The CultCast: a souped-up iPad Air 3 coming in March; iPhone 5se is a terrible name for a 4-inch iPhone; the iPhone 7 Plus PLUS ...

Sundance Docu ‘Norman Lear: Just Another Version Of You’ Nabbed By Netflix & Music Box
... by a standing ovation for the film itself , Music Box Films has picked up theatrical rights to the documentary Norman Lear: Just Another Version ...

Biker clubs exchange dueling versions of fatal shooting at Denver expo
CBS News Biker clubs exchange dueling versions of fatal shooting at Denver expo The Denver Post Denver police escort a man in handcuffs away ...