Is there a problem running MATLAB 7 on Windows XP using an AMD CPU

I use my friends computer to test MATLAB 7 on a computer running on
AMD 64 bit processor and Windows XP Professional, but the software
does not even start.

On his other computer running on AMD 32 bit it runs perfectly.

Could there be something in MATLAB that prevents it from running on
64 bit processors?
0
ahajarat (1)

adli hajarat wrote:

> I use my friends computer to test MATLAB 7 on a computer running on
> AMD 64 bit processor and Windows XP Professional, but the software
> does not even start.
>
> On his other computer running on AMD 32 bit it runs perfectly.
>
> Could there be something in MATLAB that prevents it from running on
> 64 bit processors?

You probably need to change the BLAS library. Search here and
Mathwork support

/ per
0
poi3 (1061)
1/16/2006 11:44:31 PM
Take a look at the following solution from the MathWorks support site:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-RO6ME.html?solution=1-RO6ME

hth,
Grant Martin

"adli hajarat" <ahajarat@etcom-me.com> wrote in message
>I use my friends computer to test MATLAB 7 on a computer running on
> AMD 64 bit processor and Windows XP Professional, but the software
> does not even start.
>
> On his other computer running on AMD 32 bit it runs perfectly.
>
> Could there be something in MATLAB that prevents it from running on
> 64 bit processors?

0
gmartin (60)

Problems for use MATLAB 7 or 6 in Windows XP
Hello everybody!!!, I hope you could help me, I installed Matlab 7 in Windows Xp, but in that moment when I tried to use the command window or edit some program, Matlab closed by itself. On the other hand, later I installed Matlab 6, I could use the command window or edit some program, but I could not run any program... Do you have any idea for solving my problem???, I�d appreciate your help. Thanks alot. ...

Problem running exe compiled using Matlab Compiler 7.6 on a PC with Matlab 6.5
Hi, I have some Matlab code which I compiled using Matlab Compiler 7.6. Using the MCRInstaller and the Visual C++ Runtime library, I was able to install MCR 7.6 on the client machine. However, the client machine already had Matlab 6.5. Now when I try to run my exe, I get the following error message: Fatal error finding symbol mxCalcSingleSubscript_76 in c:\matlab6p5\bin\win32\libmx.dll I understand that the error shows up since the exe tries to go and look for the necessary information in the win32 folder for Matlab 6.5 rather than the v76 folder for the runtime. Can anyone give ...

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

xHarbour apps that run in Windows XP using Advantage Databse Engine do not run in Windows 7 64 bit environment while using Advantage Database Engine
I finally go my Windows XP computer to connect to ADS and it works fine now= just by creating an ADS.INI file and placing the file in the directory of = the client that contains the xHarbour executable. Before I did that the cli= ent computer could not connect to the ADS files. However, when I try to run the same application from a Windows 7 (64 bit) c= omputer, the application cannot open up any xHarbour files unless the files= are NOT managed by ADS. Can anyone help me with this problem? Hi did you try to disable windows 7 uac or call ADSRIGHTSCHECK( ADS_IGNORERIGH= TS )=2...

Display problem in Matlab Figure windows on mac running matlab remotely
I am running matlab remotely using x11 and I am having trouble with the display in figure windows, such as with use of plot() command. The figure will appear with the correct information, but the color mapping seems to be off, and most often the window appears with a mix of purple and green colors instead of black and white. I am running a mac (10.4.11) where I connect remotely using x11 to a linux server where matlab 2007a is installed. I would appreciate any assistance. ...

Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to call matlab from java (in windows), but not by calling the java code from matlab. I want to use a different JVM than the one matlab uses. In linux it is simple since I can use input/output redirection, is there a way to do this in windows (I have matlab 5.3, pretty old version). Thanks a lot, Nili. ...

Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional (using MATLAB R2007a or R2007b)
I am planning to purchase a Laptop computer and must decide whether to order it with Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional. (I now use R2007a in Debian Linux. I have the package for R2007b but haven&#8217;t installed it.) My questions are: Does MATLAB R2007a (and/or R2007b) work on Windows 7 Home Premium? If not, does it work under Windows 7 Professional? Under Windows 7 Professional, would I have to run Matlab in Windows XP mode? If both operating systems work, is there any advantage (in terms of Matlab performance) to Windows 7 Professional vs. Home Premium? Thank you. ...

running matlab 7.1 on windows 7
when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, error starting desktop, please help "V NAVEEN " <anuj.navren90@gmail.com> wrote in message <hirlde$mii$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, > error starting desktop, > please help a hint: http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/previous_releases.html us ...

connect MySQL Database (running on Windows XP) to Matlab 7 (R14)
hello i have some problems to connect my mysql database to matlab. i tried the code connect = database('db_name', 'username', 'password') but the connection didn't establishes. i have seen, there is a version to connect jdbc instead of odbc but i have no clue about the url and the other requiremented informations. (by the way, how can i find them?). can some one help me to connect my database to matlabe? thank you very much.... georg ...

connect MySQL Database (running on Windows XP) to Matlab 7 (R14) #2
hello i have some problems to connect my mysql database to matlab. i tried the code connect = database('db_name', 'username', 'password') but the connection didn't establishes. i have seen, there is a version to connect jdbc instead of odbc but i have no clue about the url and the other required informations. (by the way, how can i find them?). can some one help me to connect my database to matlab? thank you very much.... georg ...

Matlab 7
I have Matlab 7.0, including Matlab Web server (ver 1.2.3). I have a problem using it. My computer is XP Prof (SP2), Pentium 1GHz. This problem does not occur with Matlab 6.5. The Matlab server is executed from a Web page and it launches Matlab 7 functions. The Matlab functions compute results and display these (using Matlab server) on other Web pages. The problem and observations are: 1. After the server-launched Matlab finishes its work, if I open a new Matlab 7, this runs very slowly because it uses up more than 80% of computer CPU (and about 60MB memory). 2. The launched Matlab, even af...

Problem Openning Matlab 7 on AMD64 with 32 bit Windows XP Installed
I am a student and tried Matlab 7 on AMD x64 PC with 32bit Windows XP installed. The installation was successful, however, Command Windows not come up. I can see the logo for a fraction of second and disappeared. Please help. I have found this mail and will try. From: enric <enricrv@hotmail.com> Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.matlab Subject: Re: Why my MATLAB software always shuts down by itself? Message-ID: .ef28925/8 Lines: 34 NNTP-Posting-Host: 84.77.189.145 I have the same problem and finllay I solve means of doing this: 1. right-click on "My Computer" and select "Prope...

HELP!!!
I just finished assembling my new system: AMD 64 3000+ Asus K8-N mobo 1 gig RAM Windows XP Professional 32-bit I reinstalled MATLAB, it initialized and poof! just vanished. It keeps doing that over and over. I removed memory resident programs, did a fresh install of Windows, deleted pretty much every device driver there was and then even tried safe mode on top of that but it just keeps crashing post-initialization. I tried googling, but I could find no known issues with AMD 64 and Matlab...except for the slightly disturbing fact that the athlon 64 was not explicitly mentioned in the list of...

how could i use the matlab help without running matlab?
sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product can i simply open the help document without running matlab? thanks! "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > can i simply open the help document wi...

Codes are all shown in the matlab window when running matlab
I am using matlab 6.5.0. Today, when I wrote some codes in the M-editor and run by using F5, all contents of the codes appear in the main matlab window. This is quite strange and never happened before. I tried to shorten the codes and run some simple test. Still the same. So it has nothing to do with what I wrote in the program. I suspect that I turned on some setting in matlab without realizing it. Anyone can give a hint on how to turn this display off? Thanks. You probably turned echo on. Try echo off all Or go to File -> Preferences -> Command Window and uncheck Echo on HTH P...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

My problem is this: I have a MATLAB GUI and I want the analytical results I get if I run it to appear in my GUI and not the command window. I tried using a listbox to display the results because of th
My problem is this: I have a MATLAB GUI and I want the analytical results I get if I run it to appear in my GUI and not the command window. I tried using a listbox to display the results because of the slider bars that are automatically created for the listbox, but it did not work. How can I display the data, perhaps using a static text box? You can use an edit text control. Set the 'max' property to 2 to get multiple lines and a scroll bar. And next time, it's fine if you use a short subject line. You don't have to paste the whole body of the message into the subject li...

Matlab 7.0 R14 problem in Windows 7 64-bit
Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes down after 1 second or so. My processor is Phenom II X6 X1055T 2.8 GHz. Thx for Ur help if U know, Kaare "Kaare " <kaare.simonsen@hsbcib.com> wrote in message news:i1hemf$e77$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine > on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes > down after 1 second or so. My processor...

slow optimization using nonlcon with GA within matlab toolbox and mixed integer problem using GA within Matlab
greeting all, i'm using nonlcon(nonlinear inequality constraint) with GA from the toolbox provided by matlab. does anyone notice the extreme slowlness in evaluating nonlinear constraint as compared to other linear constraint? my problem for nonlinear constraint is as follow c(1)=x+y^2-2*ones(N,1) where x and y are Nx1 vector. which means if N increases, the size of constraint increases. and to clarify, the min problem is sometime like min c'z where z=[x;y], which means x and y are some range of variable within z(just a matter of problem formulation) well, is there anyone with ot...

7.0 vs. 6.5: (matlab 7.0 does not work) question on using MSVC matlab add-in to generate m-dll to speed-up my program
Dear all, I was using Matlab 6.5 MSVC matlab add-in macro to generate m-MEX-dll used in Matlab for speeding-up my program. I created a new "matlab project" in MSVC 6.0. Then load the m-file "ProcessBitmap.m" which is the m-file I want to convert into MEX dll to use in the matlab command line. Then I built the "dll" file in MSVC 6.0. The generated "ProcessBitmap.dll" can be successfully used in matlab 6.5 command line without any trouble. It can be used inside the matlab command line. Even if I delete the original "m-file", the "ProcessB...

error using matlab script block with matlab 7.0
Hello, &nbsp; I'm using along several months in my vi's the matlab script block using 6.1 and 6.5 matlab script version and I haven't got any problem. Today I've installed matlab 7.0 and the matlab script block, but matlab script block never shows errors and I dont' know whyit happens. &nbsp; Someone knows which can be the problem.....is not compatible with matlab 7.0....i have to update labview?? &nbsp; Thanks &nbsp; Larson Thank you very much diego....i haven't found this forum topic. &nbsp; Bye! ...

Run Matlab R2007a on windows 7
Hi, What do I have to do to get MATLAB R2007a help working on Windows7 Ultimate? I have installed MATLAB R2007a using classic theme on Windows7 Ultimate. MATLAB runs fine in this theme. However, when I run MATLAB help, MATLAB stops working... Does anyone knows how to fix this? I have tried instaling jre1.5_0.19, which allows MATLAB R2007a to work on any theme on Windows 7. However, the same problem occurs when launching the help, MATLAB again stops working... ...

Matlab R2010a problem with windows 7
hi guys, i have an excersise to submit on matlab and i get an error. this is my coding: %a) %Xronoistories Epitaxinsis, Taxititas, Metatopisis cd 'C:\Users\...' thfile = 'AGW090.AT2'; dt = 0.005; acc = textread(thfile,'%f', 'headerlines', 4); ntot = length(acc); t = linspace(0,(ntot-1)*dt,ntot); figure(1) subplot(3,1,1) plot(t,acc,'b-') xlabel('Time, t(sec)'); ylabel('Acceleration, a(m/sec^2)'); title('Xronoistoria Epitaxinsis'); accel = acc * 9.81; vel = cumtrapz(accel) * dt; disp = cumtrapz (vel) * dt; ...

Problem using Matlab 6.5 codes in Matlab 2007b
I have written some code in Matlab 6.5 and they are running perfectly in that version. But if I try to run the same using Matlab 2007b, I am facing problem. It starts giving error like dimensional mismatch and etc. Why the program written in lower version is not running in higher version? "Dwaipayan Dasgupta" <ddg.abhhih@rediffmail.com> wrote in message <gvto39$jsf$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have written some code in Matlab 6.5 and they are running perfectly in that version. But if I try to run the same using Matlab 2007b, I am facing problem. It starts giving error...

Web resources about - Is there a problem running MATLAB 7 on Windows XP using an AMD CPU - comp.soft-sys.matlab

The McLaren 570GT solves one of the biggest problems with supercars
VIDEO: McLaren's new supercar is optimised for long road trips.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and Hollywood's latest problem with whitewashing
The movie industry's structural racism appears to be as intractable as ever, with a new film accused of whitewashing.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and Hollywood's latest problem with whitewashing
The movie industry's structural racism appears to be as intractable as ever, with a new film accused of whitewashing.

VW execs didn't think diesel problem would be so serious
... , Emissions , Diesel Volkswagen admits that Martin Winterkorn received at least two memos advising him about the diesel emissions problem well ...

How to fix Windows 10's most annoying problems
... months now, and while it’s still not the perfect, most polished operating system there is, Microsoft has at least fixed a lot of the problems ...

The problem of relabeling Trump as "Drumpf."
Many of those who seek to diminish Donald Trump have jumped at the idea of tagging him with the name Drumpf, which was the surname of his ancestors ...

The Democratic Party, Donald Trump & the 2016 Turnout Problem
... On the other hand, Republican turnout is way up. (Data in a moment.) There are at least three factors at play here, and one very large problem. ...

The US Air Force is willing to spend $738 million to solve one of America's biggest rocket problems
For the last decade, Russian-made engines have been propelling US national security satellites into space. While this has proven to be a good ...

No Lundqvist, no problem: Raanta, Rangers beat Capitals
WASHINGTON (AP) — Antti Raanta made 32 saves while subbing for the injured Henrik Lundqvist and Derek Stepan scored as the New York Rangers bounced ...