java matlab error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

Hello Im using matlab 2010 and 2007 with windows 7 and i have install the new java.
Matlab array editor doesnt work right even though i can see the values of an array in the workspace when i try to edit them in the variable editor i cant see the values and i get an error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.array.ValueTableModel.setValuesAt(ValueTableModel.java:195)
	at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.array.ValueTableModel.setValueAt(ValueTableModel.java:190)
	at com.mathworks.widgets.spreadsheet.ResizingTableModelWrapper.setValueAt(ResizingTableModelWrapper.java:192)
	at javax.swing.JTable.setValueAt(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JTable.editingStopped(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.AbstractCellEditor.fireEditingStopped(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor$EditorDelegate.stopCellEditing(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor.stopCellEditing(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI$Handler.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
	at com.mathworks.mwswing.MJTable.processMouseEvent(MJTable.java:800)

I would appreciate any help thank you
0
goerge

On 1/24/2011 7:17 AM, goerge wrote:
> Hello Im using matlab 2010 and 2007 with windows 7 and i have install the new java.
> Matlab array editor doesnt work right even though i can see the values of an array in the workspace when
> i try to edit them in the variable editor i cant see the values and i get an error:
>
> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.array.ValueTableModel.setValuesAt(ValueTableModel.java:195)
> 	at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.array.ValueTableModel.setValueAt(ValueTableModel.java:190)
> 	at com.mathworks.widgets.spreadsheet.ResizingTableModelWrapper.setValueAt(ResizingTableModelWrapper.java:192)

I also see lots of Java errors all the time using GUIDE. We better get used to these
lovely Java errors when using Matlab from now on.

--Nasser
0
Nasser
1/24/2011 3:51:09 PM
hai
i have seen your post regarding Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException- in 2011
Now I got "Exception in thread "Thread-11" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jidesoft/grid/Property" while i'm running the matlab program
what to do
 please help me regarding this error rectification
--karthik

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
Hello, I see nothing wrong within my beginner's program, yet it throws an NullPointerException. Could you look through the code and tell where I was doing wrong please? I am using Fedora Linux / Eclipse JDT if that matters. Here is the stack trace, followed by the source code. ---------------------------------- Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at tang.warren.LookFrame.makeButton(LookTest.java:40) at tang.warren.LookFrame.<init>(LookTest.java:31) at tang.warren.LookTest$1.run(LookTest.java:13) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.di...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
Hi, My script was running two days under windows 7 64bit, now one error stop it. the error as following, I do not know why, can u help me? thanks very much! Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.mathworks.widgets.text.mcode.MKit.getMLintMessagesUnderMouse(MKit.java:406) at com.mathworks.widgets.text.mcode.MKit.access$000(MKit.java:50) at com.mathworks.widgets.text.mcode.MKit$MBuildToolTipAction.actionPerformed(MKit.java:368) at com.mathworks.mde.editor.EditorMKit$EditorBuildToolTipAction.access$401(EditorMKit.java:138) at com.mat...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space how can I solve this error? I create a file C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2009b\bin\win32 with the name java.opts with -Xmx2024m and I got the same error "Norberto Barroca" <norberto.barroca@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hh5gga$nc8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: > Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space > > how ...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #3
2007a, student version on windoz XP SP2. I use GUIDE, and after sometime of using it, I notice it gets sluggish in its response to editing and I see the following Java errors on the console: "Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" I am not sure why it runs out of RAM so fast. as I have 4 GB of physical RAM. I did a google on the above and I see that others have seen this. I wonder if there is any update on this problem that someone from Mathworks or others can comment on. Is this still a problem in later Matlab releases...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #2
loadSigButton.addActionListener(new ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) { boolean blnImport = false; String path = txtPath.getText(); int pathlength = path.length(); if (pathlength != 0) { sigObj.autoKeyStart(); sigObj.setAutoKeyData("Sample Encryption Data"); sigObj.autoKeyFinish(); sigObj.setEncryptionMode(2); System.out.println("set encription mode"); sigObj.getXExtent(); System.out.println("afetr if condition1"); sigObj.getYExtent(); System.out.println("afetr if condition2"+fileName); blnImport = sigObj.im...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException #2 978523
Just installed MATLAB R2009a on my macbook pro (OS X Leopard) and this error message comes up. Can anyone explain how I fix this please? Thank you :-) Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at apple.awt.CGraphicsEnvironment.displayChanged(CGraphicsEnvironment.java:65) at apple.awt.CToolkit$4.run(CToolkit.java:1310) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269) at java.awt.Even...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException #2 406383
Dear all, I am currently quite happy with my new windows 7, 64 bit machine and my new Matlab 2010a version. However, I am getting a bit frustrated by repeated warnings thrown at my command window, while I am actually working on something else (e.g. Word) and Matlab is idle in the background with a figure open (see below for the warning text). Does anyone have the same problems or do you know, how to solve them? Best regards, Wolfgang ------ Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.XPStyle$Skin.getWidth(Unk...

Big txt file
When I tried to open a big text file in matlab 7.9.0(R2009b) I have this error. How can I solve this problem Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at sun.font.GlyphList.ensureCapacity(Unknown Source) at sun.font.GlyphList.setFromChars(Unknown Source) at sun.java2d.pipe.GlyphListPipe.drawChars(Unknown Source) at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawChars(Unknown Source) at org.netbeans.editor.DrawGraphics$GraphicsDG.flush(DrawGraphics.java:633) at org.netbeans.editor.DrawGraphics$GraphicsDG.flush(DrawGraphics.java:522) at org.netbeans.edito...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid keyChar

SGI Java issue "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: poll0"
Hello all; I'm trying to debug an issue with a java script called, SelectSockets. It appears to be a fairly common one found on the web. I downloaded the SGI Java v1.4.1 installation from SGI's webpage and installed it using SGI's swmgr application. The installation was very straight forward and there were no errors when I installed the package. Then I ran /usr/java2/bin/javac SelectSockets.java to make the SelectSockets.class file. Then I ran /usr/java2/bin/java SelectSockets, and got the following error message: =================================================...

AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException error
Hello im using matlab 2010 with windows 7 qnd i get the following error when im trying to edit the variable editor , i cant also see the values of the array in the variable editor even though i can see them in the workspace the followin error is this Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.array.ValueTableModel.setValuesAt(ValueTableModel.java:195) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.array.ValueTableModel.setValueAt(ValueTableModel.java:190) at com.mathworks.widgets.spreadsheet.ResizingTableModelWrapper.setValueAt(ResizingTable...

Why do I receive "Java exception occurred"error when compiling with MCC in MATLAB 7.1.0.246 (R14SP3)?
When I try to use the MATLAB Builder for COM with the Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler 6.0, I receive the error include fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'Files/MATLAB71/extern/include': No such file or directory D:/PROGRAM FILES/MATLAB71/BIN/WIN32//../MEX.PL: Error: IDL compile of 'mwcomtypes.idl' failed. and a "Error Dialog" shows that :"Java exception occurred:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:1>=1 at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JList$5.getElemenAt(Unknown Source)." I'd tried the Solution steps men...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: origin not in parent's hierarchy
I have a java applet running well until IE7 came up.If user upgrade broswer to IE7 then the error comes in Java Console.Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: origin not in parent's hierarchy at java.awt.PopupMenu.show(Unknown Source) at MenuPanel.update(MenuPanel.java:131) at MenuPanel.paint(MenuPanel.java:102) at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source) at jav...

Please help: Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NullPointerException
I get the following error when I run applet. What am I doing wrong? Thank You, Andy �Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NullPointerException �ϧ� at StarField.updateStar(StarField.java:132) �ϧ� at StarField.run(StarField.java:94) �ϧ� at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595) import javax.swing.JApplet; import java.awt.Color; import java.awt.Event; import java.awt.Font; import java.awt.Graphics; import java.awt.Image; import java.awt.Point; import java.awt.Polygon; import java.awt.Rectangle; import java.util.Random; public class StarField extends JApplet implements Runnable { ...

Web resources about - java matlab error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException - comp.soft-sys.matlab