Java out of memory error message

Within the last couple of weeks I have started to get the following error message after running for a while: 'Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space'
If I keep operating, the ML will crash.

I am running 7.2.0.232 under Windows Vista Enterprise, with SP 2, 2.00 GB RAM.  The software is installed on my PC, but our environment requires us to save data, etc. to a network drive.

Any ideas?

Barry
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message <jobqup$4pf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Within the last couple of weeks I have started to get the following error message after running for a while: 'Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space'
> If I keep operating, the ML will crash.
>
> I am running 7.2.0.232 under Windows Vista Enterprise, with SP 2, 2.00 GB RAM.  The software is installed on my PC, but our environment requires us to save data, etc. to a network drive.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Barry

You can increase the java memory under File>Preferences>General>Java Heap Memory. If that still doesnt fix it, you'll need more ram or you'll have to figure out what's sucking up all your java memory.
0
n.a (539)
5/8/2012 8:24:09 PM
"matt dash" wrote in message <jobvd9$p12$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message <jobqup$4pf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Within the last couple of weeks I have started to get the following error message after running for a while: 'Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space'
> > If I keep operating, the ML will crash.
> >
> > I am running 7.2.0.232 under Windows Vista Enterprise, with SP 2, 2.00 GB RAM.  The software is installed on my PC, but our environment requires us to save data, etc. to a network drive.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Barry
>
> You can increase the java memory under File>Preferences>General>Java Heap Memory. If that still doesnt fix it, you'll need more ram or you'll have to figure out what's sucking up all your java memory.

Thanks Matt. Actually changing Java mem works somewhat different prior to release 2010a but still possible. In any case, I'm probably going to need to troubleshoot why the problems only recently started appearing. Increasing the amount of ram is probably not an option.
Barry

Java Error Message
I have checked my config.sys file and have no mention of Java 1.1.6 installed. Everything points to Java 1.4. When I attempt to run LVMGUI I get the following error message: [C:\]lvmgui You are running Java Version 1.1.6 [C:\OS2\JAVAAPPS]JAVAPM -nojit lvmgui SYS1041: The name JAVAPM is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch fil 63 *-* javapm '-nojit' progname parameters; +++ RC(1041) How do I resolve this? What have I done wrong? Thanks, Hap-- Sir: A. Willard Reese wrote: > I have checked my config.sys file and have no mention of Java 1.1.6 > installed. Everything points to Java 1.4. > > When I attempt to run LVMGUI I get the following error message: > [C:\]lvmgui > You are running Java Version 1.1.6 > > [C:\OS2\JAVAAPPS]JAVAPM -nojit lvmgui > SYS1041: The name JAVAPM is not recognized as an > internal or external command, operable program or batch fil > 63 *-* javapm '-nojit' progname parameters; > +++ RC(1041) > > How do I resolve this? What have I done wrong? > Thanks, > Hap-- > Look in your ini files using Regedit/2. Use the find using the key word Java. Edit entries that point to the old Java to point to the new. Or you can use the full path to the Java executable to avoid letting the runtime search the ini. -- Bill Thanks a Million! On Tue, 14 Jun 2...

FATAL error message-1 and error message-36 ? xp pro conflict??
I just loaded an old version of ps 4.0 on my dell latitude cpx laptop win xp pro and autocad 2002. The ps cd has been sitting on my shelf for about 3 years in a stable environment and appears in perfect condition. My computer and acad work fine. But when I open an image from either zip or c drive i get fatal error 1 and 36???I can open an image from the ps sample folders without the fatal error. Is this incompatability with xp pro or acad? Maybe the ps disc is bad?? If the disc is bad is there any help I can get from adobe I never made a back up. Any insight will help. Mike ...

98se to 2000 pro error message
hello all!!! I'm in the process of upgrading my P3 box to 2000 from 98se. After the initial reboot, when it's time to check the c drive, I get an error: not enough memory, or your 2000 setup disk has a corrupted file. I figured out that it wasn't the disk. So I added some memory to the box, and still got that error message. I booted up with a 98 bootdisk and started searching for files to delete (temp, loose docs, etc.), but to tell the truth, I'm not quite comfortable with that idea. So now I'm at a point where I can't go backward, and I'm afraid that I'm goin' to have to do something drastic to go forward. Is there any other altervative than just doing a clean install???? Don't want to loose those files or applications. Thanks in Advance!!!! No need for response anyone, I've figured it out. I have a disc that has a trio of windows 2000 products, so it was hard for the "setup" file to be found. So in turn, it actually was my disk. Smalls73 ...

Publish to PDF crashes on Java memory error
When we try to publish to PDF, we get the following error(s): Error using xslt (line 95) Java exception occurred: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.TextLayoutManager.addElementsForASpace(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.TextLayoutManager.processLeftoverAreaInfo(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.TextLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.InlineLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.InlineLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager.collectInlineKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextChildElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextChildElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockStackingLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getNextKnuthElements(Unknown Source) at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.ge...

Are Oracle error messages kept in a SYS table?
I'm using 9207. -- Terry Dykstra On Sep 20, 1:04 pm, "Terry Dykstra" <tddyks...@forestoil.ca> wrote: > I'm using 9207. > -- > Terry Dykstra No. The error messages are contained in an OS file located in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg directory most likely oraus.msg You can obtain error messages in SQLPlus via the following code: set echo off rem rem Pl/sql script to create procedure to report Oracle error messages rem in sqlplus rem rem Note - you can in sqlplus issue: rem set serveroutput on rem execute dbms_output.put_line(sqlerrm(-01017)) rem rem ---------------------------------------------------------------------- rem 1996 07 11 m d powell New script. rem 1998 06 23 m d powell Modify to be in-stream procedure from stored rem set feedback off set serveroutput on set verify off accept err_code prompt "Enter Oracle Error Number, i.e, ORA-00100 = 100 ==> " declare procedure ora_error ( v_err_no in number ) is v_rc number ; v_msg varchar2(100) ; -- begin if v_err_no > 0 then v_rc := v_err_no * -1 ; else v_rc := v_err_no ; end if ; v_msg := sqlerrm(v_rc) ; dbms_output.put_line(v_msg) ; end ora_error ; -- begin ora_error(&err_code); end; / set feedback on undefine err_code HTH -- Mark D Powell -- ...

Intercepting error Access error messages
Is it possible to intercept an error message, generated by Access, and replace it with your own warning. For example entering a duplicate entry for a key field? Thanks Geoff Use the Before Update event of the control in the form to check for duplicate. Set Cancel = true, undo the edit and output a message if there is an error. There are example in Access help under beforeupdate. "Geoff" <gfriar@freenetname.co.uk> wrote in message news:PaKdnTzR1uc84HXYRVnyuAA@brightview.com... > Is it possible to intercept an error message, generated by Access, and > replace it with your own warning. For example entering a duplicate entry > for a key field? > > > > Thanks > > Geoff > > Check out the Form_OnError event. -Tom. Well, you can definitely write VBA code to intercept Access errors and do your own thing in response to them instead of, or in addition to, whatever Access was going to do. So sure, you could display your own message instead of Access'. In addition -- I've never done this, but I'm pretty sure I've read about it -- you can register your own error numbers and error descriptions. So I suppose once you've done that, you can intercept Access' error and Raise your own. But I repeat, I've never done it so I don't know what the problems might be. --- Bob Bridges, rhbridg@attglobal.net, cell 336 382-7313 (hotel) 612 869-7704 xt 118, fax 612 869-7383 /* A crooked politici...

Reserved Error (-1517): There is no message for this error.
I have been getting this error on some of the frontends when attempting to create new records. I haven't been able to find a list of errors to even begin my troubleshooting. Can someone help? Rosy We are running Windows 2000 Server and Win 2000 on the terminals. Access 2000. krmoss@portlite.com (Karen) wrote: >I have been getting this error on some of the frontends when >attempting to create new records. I haven't been able to find a list >of errors to even begin my troubleshooting. Can someone help? I've noticed this problem several times when I've added a foreign key to a table in the backend which was inserted into the middle of a table. Everything would work fine for days or weeks until the backend was compacted. Then the FE would puke with the -1517 error whenever that particular table was accessed. But deleting the link and recreating the link or compacting the FE made it work again. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/reservederror1517.htm Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm ...

Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error.
I am trying to run a pretty simple select query in Access 2007, and I keep getting the error message "Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error." There are no linked tables in the database - the design of the database is very simple. I should also note that I ran the "compact and repair database" tool and I am still getting the same error message. Any thoughts? Thanks! "adampierce" <apmessner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f89f4544-0e1e-4140-9b69-4fac8656ae5d@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to run a pretty simple select query in Access 2007, and I > keep getting the error message "Reserved error (-1524); there is no > message for this error." There are no linked tables in the database - > the design of the database is very simple. > > I should also note that I ran the "compact and repair database" tool > and I am still getting the same error message. > > Any thoughts? > > Thanks! Just a guess..... Do you have any field names that use "reserved" words? Like: Date, Name, Min, Max, Sum, Where, etc Would you post the query? Fred Zuckerman I don't think I'm using any reserved words...Here is the SQL: SELECT E_CURRENT_DATA.Prefix, E_CURRENT_DATA.LastName, E_CURRENT_DATA.FirstName, E_CURRENT_DATA.Address, E_CURRENT_DATA.City, E_CURRENT_DATA.ZIP FROM E_CURRENT_DATA WHERE (((E_CURRENT_DATA.Volunteer)=False) AND ((E_CURRENT_DATA.Absent)=Fa...

PDA error message 640651003 or 200144003 "Unable to lock memory chunk"
Aloha! &nbsp; I just upgraded from LV 7.1 to 8.0 and have trouble with a LV-for-PDA-VI which used to run under 7.1: The VI starts but immediately produces an error message error message with either code 640651003 or code 200144003 and the text description "Unable to lock memory chunk". My VI on the PDA communicates with an instrument over Bluetooth; to check whether it was working in principle I wrote a very much simplified version of my VI which only opens a BT connection and then diplays what it's receiving. This still worked. As soon as I use the Bluetooth write VI though (3 times in a subVI, to set some things on my instrument) I get this very unclear error message. Has anybody else ever seen this? What does it mean?? &nbsp; cheers &nbsp; Martin Hi Martin Did you upgrade your version of the PDA modual when you upgraded Labview. I believe I read that 7.1 PDA modual was not compatible with LV 8.0. Eric hi if you receive this error, you should open these VIs, place a VI on the block diagram then delete the VI you placed on the block diagram. Basically, when an item is placed on the block diagram, this triggers LabVIEW to examine all wires and prototypes and the type mismatch caused by the property change on the Windows development machine will be corrected. If this is not what you are experiencing, please provide some more details about your application and what you are doing to reproduce this error. Thanks!Marco B (NIG) To answer the first que...

"Error in sys.excepthook" message from Python 2.3 multi-threaded script
Hi, I've run into an issue which seems to have been discussed previously on `python-dev` but only in context of Zope3: "Fun with 2.3 shutdown" -- Tim Peters <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-September/038151.html> The following message is displayed (one or more times) when exiting (in this case via a `KeyboardInterrupt` exception) a multi-threaded Python 2.3 script (on Mac OS X 10.2.1): """ Unhandled exception in thread started by Error in sys.excepthook: Original exception was: """ It doesn't always happen consistently. As a comparison, I have run the same script under Python 2.2.2 and the problem does not seem to occur there. (Although, of course, with threads that's no guarantee...) I had a look at the bug list on Sourceforge and this issue doesn't seem to have made it there yet, so I thought I'd raise it here, partly as Google-bait and partly to see if I should re-raise the issue on `python-dev`. The script in question is a multi-threaded curses framework I'm developing, and I can post code if that's useful. --Phil. follower@iname.com (Follower) wrote in message news:<d2f38965.0310262008.2b170bcf@posting.google.com>... > The following message is displayed (one or more times) when exiting > (in this case via a `KeyboardInterrupt` exception) a multi-threaded > Python 2.3 script (on Mac OS X 10.2.1): > > """...

Why do I get out of memory errors when 10GB memory is free?
I am on HP UNIX 64bit 11.23 titanium using oracle 10.2.0.3. My server has 24GB memory and of that 10GB is free (as seen in glance). When I doing oracle exp or rman commands, I get: ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 1049112 bytes (KSFQ heap,KSFQ Buffers) I checked both rman and exp are 64bit executables, so they should be able to access all the memory on the system. On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 03:39:09 -0700, zigzagdna wrote: > I am on HP UNIX 64bit 11.23 titanium using oracle 10.2.0.3. My server > has 24GB memory and of that 10GB is free (as seen in glance). When I > doing oracle exp or rman commands, I get: ORA-04030: out of process > memory when trying to allocate 1049112 bytes (KSFQ heap,KSFQ Buffers) > I checked both rman and exp are 64bit executables, so they should be > able to access all the memory on the system. Because your process limits are not set correctly. Ask your friendly neighborhood system administrator to allow oracle processes to allocate enough memory. -- http://mgogala.freehostia.com On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 10:54:04 +0000 (UTC), Mladen Gogala <mladen@bogus.email.com> wrote: >On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 03:39:09 -0700, zigzagdna wrote: > >> I am on HP UNIX 64bit 11.23 titanium using oracle 10.2.0.3. My server >> has 24GB memory and of that 10GB is free (as seen in glance). When I >> doing oracle exp or rman commands, I get: ORA-04030: out of process >> memory when trying to allocat...

Custom error message for Runtime error 3022
I am trying trap Runtime error 3022 (duplicates) in the click event of a command button that closes the form. I have code in the Form_Error event that does a good job of providing a more meaningful error message than the default. It works in every situation except when the user clicks the close button. I am using Me.Dirty=False to force a save but if there are duplicates I just get the standard Runtime 3022 error message. I am wondering why the Form_Error event is not triggered. Here are the two relevant subs: First the Form_Error Sub... Private Sub Form_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response As Integer) Dim strMsg As String Dim Group As String Dim Selection As Integer Const conDuplicateKey = 3022 Group = DLookup("[Name]", "tblGroups", "[GroupID] = " _ & Me.GroupID) If DataErr = conDuplicateKey Then ' Don't show built-in error messages Response = acDataErrContinue strMsg = "You have already entered hours for " & Group & vbCr ' Show a custom error message MsgBox strMsg, vbOKOnly, "Duplicate Value" If Response = vbOK Then 'Me.Undo cboGroupID.SetFocus End If End If End Sub And the Close button's Click event Private Sub cmdClose_Click() Me.Dirty = False DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveYes End Sub I tried putting a On Error GoTo statement with a select case that tested the Err.Number and then had similar code to Form_Error sub above to produce a custom error messa...

Error message CPI2417 Job message queue for ???? has been wrapped.
Is there a way to stop this message from apperaing in QSYSOPR? I have the following change job statement in the clp to stop getting a big job log, is there some other attribute that I need to change? CHGJOB LOG(0 99 *NOLIST) LOGCLPGM(*NO) + STSMSG(*NONE) JOBMSGQFL(*WRAP) Thanks in advance for any ideas on this. Dan ...

error messages
I have an app running on over 20 different machines with no probs. 1 is on win me and A2000. It installed OK and ran fine for a couple of months. Then it started with 91 object variable error messages. I fixed that (or maybe it just went away <g>) then now its giving error 2110 can not go to control. message. I have tried the fix on the Ms web site (autocorrect set to No) but still not right. Any thoughts on what is going on TIA David B Hexham UK That is what i did to clear the first error. Havn`t been to the site since the second error was reported. DB Wayne Morgan <comprev_gothroughthenewsgroup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:KV5rb.21277$DD4.19726@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com... > Have you tried copying a known good copy of the app over the one that is on this machine > in case the current one has gotten corrupted? > > -- > Wayne Morgan > Microsoft Access MVP > > > "David B" <david@marleycotenospam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message > news:boimfq$mr1$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > > I have an app running on over 20 different machines with no probs. > > 1 is on win me and A2000. It installed OK and ran fine for a couple of months. > > Then it started with 91 object variable error messages. I fixed that (or maybe > > it just went away <g>) then now its giving error 2110 can not go to control. > > message. > > I have tried the fix on the Ms web site (autocorrect set to No) but st...

error in matlab
hi all any one help me with tis matlab error due to less memory. any solution for tis. am usin MATLAB (R2008a). Unexpected error status flag encountered. Resetting to proper state. thanks kirthi "kiruthiga " <kirthi.chandrasekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ii5jtf$hv3$1@fred.mathworks.com... > hi all any one help me with tis matlab error due to less memory. any > solution for tis. am usin MATLAB (R2008a). > Unexpected error status flag encountered. Resetting to proper state. I think you're more likely to receive some constructive suggestions if you post to the newsgroup some code with which you can reproduce this problem. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Out of memory error
To: tao-bugs@cs.wustl.edu Subject: [area]: [synopsis] TAO VERSION: 1.3.1 ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Pentium IIII 1.8 Win XP professional sp2 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: CBuilder 6 udate 4 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: CDR.i DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? yes #define TAO_DEFAULT_RESOURCE_FACTORY_ARGS #define TAO_ADVANCED_RESOURCE_FACTORY_ARGS #define TAO_DEFAULT_SERVER_STRATEGY_FACTORY_ARGS #define TAO_DEFAULT_CLIENT_STRATEGY_FACTORY_ARGS #include "ace/config-win32.h" I get the following error when my generated idl file is compilied. [C++ Fatal Error] CDR.i(273): F1008 Out of memory DESCRIPTION: I have several generated files in my application. Only one produces the error mentioned any clues Thanks -- Stephen Carter Programmer Analyst Parasecur inc 85 rue Saint-Charles Longueuil Qc 450-651-2772 ...

Query throws error -3201 "there is no message for this error"
Yikes! That's about as helpful as "General error reading your disk." I've got two tables / forms in a DB; one tracks change controls, the other tracks server downtime events. I've tried to write a query that will pull the following data: Date of implementation of repair / change control Server Name Type of repair / change implemented Date of failure Type of failure Details (memo) on failure On the following criteria: Server Name (Repair / Change) = Server Name (Downtime / Failure) Date of Failure is on exactly or 31 days AFTER date of repair / change control (Basically, I'm trying to find a way to correlate when someone does a hardware / software change on a server, and then if the same server blows a month later, relate it back to that change). Here's the SQL statement I'm working on, which gives me that weird error. Any ideas where the thing went wrong? SELECT tblServerRepairs.CurDate, tblServerRepairs.ServerName AS tblServerRepairs_ServerName, tblServerRepairs.ChangeImplemented, tblDowntimeFailures.FailureDate, tblDowntimeFailures.ServerName AS tblDowntimeFailures_ServerName, tblDowntimeFailures.TypeofFailure, tblDowntimeFailures.Details, tblServerRepairs.[Hardware-Software] FROM tblServerRepairs, tblDowntimeFailures WHERE (((tblDowntimeFailures.FailureDate) Between Date ([tblServerRepairs].[CurDate]) And Date([tblServerRepairs].[CurDate] +31)) AND ((tblDowntimeFailures.ServerName)=[tblServerRepairs]. [ServerName])); chickenfri...

Error message
Since some weeks ago the following problem comes up. When I click on !Boot.Configuration.Boot this message appears: 'CDFS does not support that type of disc'. Clicking on 'Add to Apps' and 'Look at' produces the same error message, but 'Install' and 'Run' don't show this message. How can I bring things back to normal? TIA, Sytze (using RISC OS 4.37) -- Sytze Stel, Ganzetrek 2 Soest 3766 XE NL On 24 Feb 2004 Sytze Stel <sstel@xs4all.nl> wrote: > > Since some weeks ago the following problem comes up. > > When I click on !Boot.Configuration.Boot this message appears: > 'CDFS does not support that type of disc'. > > Clicking on 'Add to Apps' and 'Look at' produces the same > error message, but 'Install' and 'Run' don't show this message. > > How can I bring things back to normal? Check for a desktop boot file !Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks.!Boot which may have been saved referring to paths on a CD. If found remove, and dont use the save desktop settings feature of TaskManager. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ ...

error message!
Hello again everyone, Hope you can help. I have a form with a lot of code going on in the background but I can't find the route cause of the following error message. Update or Cancel Update Without Add New or Edit. I understand that when trying to update records you have to work correctly with recordsets etc which I am ok with. But this error occurs seemingly on a random basis. The error occurs when the users click (not tab) into some of the fields on the form. This error also doesn't allow me to look into the code (ie no debug option in the error window and no response to Break). It can't be the code in the fields because I don't have any on click or on enter event handlers. On any of the fields that the error has occured on. Does anyone have any ideas? Without your code, it's hard to tell, but here's a link to a Google post that was about this subject ... http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=3bb011c9%241%40usenetgateway.com&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3D%2522Without%2520Add%2520New%2522%26safe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26as_ugroup%3Dcomp.databases.ms-access%26lr%3D%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den (watch for word wrap on this long, long link) Basically, it says your recordset code should follow this pattern. If Not rst.BOF Then rst.MoveFirst Do Until rst.EOF rst.Edit rst!FieldName = "my text" rst.Update rst.MoveNext Loop Are you doing a MoveFirst to begin? Ar...

Error message?
I have been getting an error message when I boot up. It says that a drive or network connection shortcut 9H57VCD4.ink is missing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks docfl seems some startup program link is missing, it's not a problem once check your Startup programs, go through MSCONFIG in win 9x or windows XP Take care to handle msconfig improper settings causes OS Damage Thanks and Regards, Jaya Vytla docfl@yahoo.com (docfl) wrote in message news:<eafa1911.0404230558.751aee93@posting.google.com>... > I have been getting an error message when I boot up. It says that a > drive or network connection shortcut 9H57VCD4.ink is missing. > Any advice would be appreciated. > Thanks > docfl ...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

how to log error messages from shell scripts into streams message log?
Hi all. On AIX, Stream-drivers' log messages goe in /var/adm/streams/error.mm-dd. I have to do similar stuff, but from shell scripts. I know there is one "logger" command, but could not find an option in logger command to log the messages from the scripts to these files. Could somebody help? Thanks in advance, -KC kcnainwal@gmail.com <kcnainwal@gmail.com> wrote: > On AIX, Stream-drivers' log messages goe in > /var/adm/streams/error.mm-dd. I have to do similar stuff, but from > shell scripts. I know there is one "logger" command, but could not find > an option in logger command to log the messages from the scripts to > these files. > > Could somebody help? logger reports a message to syslogd, and what happens with the message is not logger's problem. What you need to do is configure syslogd so that it writes your messages to the file you want. You will have to edit /etc/syslog.conf and then send syslogd a signal -1 to inform it of the changes. Read the man page for syslog.conf. Yours, Laurenz Albe Thanks Laurenz, Yes, you're right. I know one needs to edit syslog.conf file in order to direct the log messages. I think you don't get my problem. Ok, here I try again. There are 2 problems with what you're suggesting- 1) I want the output in the /var/adm/streams/error.mm-dd file (which is the streams log file), and this is not a single file. It keeps changing with days. For each day (of each mont...

error [error] (12)Cannot allocate memory: fork: Unable to fork new process

fakeroot error message: "fakeroot: error while starting the `faked' daemon."
Hi, Anyone can tell me why this message show up? Anyone can help to solve this problem? [root@localhost bin]# ./fakeroot fakeroot: error while starting the `faked' daemon. kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [sigspec] Thank a lot ios ...

Web resources about - Java out of memory error message - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Sostila Italy ghost town: Last remaining inhabitant has message for the world.
SOSTILA is a tiny mountain hamlet at the feet of Italy’s Alps, isolated and cut-off from civilisation.

Pope Francis leads Easter vigil prayers at the Vatican, offers message of hope
Pope Francis presides over an Easter vigil mass in St Peter's Basilica, offering a message of hope in a gloomy world.

Pope's Easter message condemns failure to help migrants
Pope Francis condemns those who fail to help migrants, during his traditional Easter speech in Rome.

You could go to prison for taking screenshots of Snapchat messages
The UK culture minister, Ed Vaizey, has warned that people who take screenshots of Snapchat messages without permission are breaking the law. ...

"Do these two messages about terrorism add up?"
John Althouse Cohen asks , pointing at "two messages we've been hearing a lot — often from the same people": (1) When speaking about Islamic ...

Cameron's Easter Message Calls for Defeat of Terrorist Ideology
U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron called for Britons to defeat the ideology behind the Brussels terrorist attacks that left more than 30 people ...

Pope’s Easter Message Condemns Those Who Prevent Migrants from Crossing Borders
Pope's Easter Message Condemns Those Who Prevent Migrants from Crossing Borders

DeBoer not upset over loss to Stars; what's his message?
Skip to main content CSN Bay Area Header links TV Listings Contact App Email Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search form Search 54° Navigation ...

Scottish Muslim Man Murdered After Posting ‘Happy Easter’ Facebook Message
Scottish Muslim Man Murdered After Posting ‘Happy Easter’ Facebook Message