just help me about the parallel computing problem

hi, everyone:
I have a problem about the paralle computing when using parallel computing box. I want to combine the matlab with the HFSS to solve a problem, but I find it can't work when i call the HFSS in one cluster. The program belows:
>jm=findResource('scheduler','type','jobmanager','name','isaac','LookupURL','192.168.58.109');
>job=createJob(jm);
>set(job,'PathDependencies',{'Y:\'});
>createTask(job,@vbs,1,{2});
>submit(job);
>waitForState(job);
>results=getAllOutputArguments(job)
>destroy(job);

>function a=vbs(i)
>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
>i=i-1;
>a=i;

When i run this program, the HFSS would open, but never open the pipi.vbs ,why ? where is the problem??? just help me ,thank you !!
0
tan
3/26/2010 1:03:02 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 14 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:

> I have a problem about the paralle computing when using parallel
> computing box. I want to combine the matlab with the HFSS to solve a
> problem, but I find it can't work when i call the HFSS in one
> cluster. The program belows:

>>jm=findResource('scheduler','type','jobmanager','name','isaac','LookupURL','192.168.58.109');

> [...]

>>function a=vbs(i)
>>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
>>i=i-1;
>>a=i;
>
> When i run this program, the HFSS would open, but never open the
> pipi.vbs ,why ? where is the problem??? just help me ,thank you !!

I think the problem is that you're using the jobmanager and trying to
access "pipi.vbs" using a mapped drive-letter. MDCS workers can't see
your drive letter mappings. It should work if you provide a UNC path
such as

\\server-name\path\to\pipi.vbs

(We have an undocumented function that can do this mapping for you,
dctReplaceDriveWithUNCPath('y:\pipi.vbs') that you must run on your
MATLAB client (not on the cluster) - but please be aware of the usual
caveats about undocumented stuff - we might choose to
remove/change/rename it without notice)

Cheers,

Edric.
0
Edric
3/26/2010 1:16:00 PM
Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytw634j5ilr.fsf@uk-eellis-deb5-64.mathworks.co.uk>...
> "tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have a problem about the paralle computing when using parallel
> > computing box. I want to combine the matlab with the HFSS to solve a
> > problem, but I find it can't work when i call the HFSS in one
> > cluster. The program belows:
>
> >>jm=findResource('scheduler','type','jobmanager','name','isaac','LookupURL','192.168.58.109');
>
> > [...]
>
> >>function a=vbs(i)
> >>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
> >>i=i-1;
> >>a=i;
> >
> > When i run this program, the HFSS would open, but never open the
> > pipi.vbs ,why ? where is the problem??? just help me ,thank you !!
>
> I think the problem is that you're using the jobmanager and trying to
> access "pipi.vbs" using a mapped drive-letter. MDCS workers can't see
> your drive letter mappings. It should work if you provide a UNC path
> such as
>
> \\server-name\path\to\pipi.vbs
>
> (We have an undocumented function that can do this mapping for you,
> dctReplaceDriveWithUNCPath('y:\pipi.vbs') that you must run on your
> MATLAB client (not on the cluster) - but please be aware of the usual
> caveats about undocumented stuff - we might choose to
> remove/change/rename it without notice)
>

> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

thank you, Edric. but i have set the path of mapped drive before i run the program. and i am sure that the path of "pipi.vbs" have been set and mapped. when i don't use the mdce, and input the following in matlab command window:
>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
 it can run pipi.vbs,and that indicats there is no problem about the path of pipi.vbs.
I hope you can help me, i am tired about this. thank you again.
0
tan
3/30/2010 10:47:02 AM
"tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hoskr6$lk$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytw634j5ilr.fsf@uk-eellis-deb5-64.mathworks.co.uk>...
> > "tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > I have a problem about the paralle computing when using parallel
> > > computing box. I want to combine the matlab with the HFSS to solve a
> > > problem, but I find it can't work when i call the HFSS in one
> > > cluster. The program belows:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > When i run this program, the HFSS would open, but never open the
> > > pipi.vbs ,why ? where is the problem??? just help me ,thank you !!
> >
> > I think the problem is that you're using the jobmanager and trying to
> > access "pipi.vbs" using a mapped drive-letter. MDCS workers can't see
> > your drive letter mappings. It should work if you provide a UNC path
> > such as
> >
> > \\server-name\path\to\pipi.vbs
> >
> > (We have an undocumented function that can do this mapping for you,
> > dctReplaceDriveWithUNCPath('y:\pipi.vbs') that you must run on your
> > MATLAB client (not on the cluster) - but please be aware of the usual
> > caveats about undocumented stuff - we might choose to
> > remove/change/rename it without notice)
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Edric.
>
> thank you, Edric. but i have set the path of mapped drive before i run the program. and i am sure that the path of "pipi.vbs" have been set and mapped. when i don't use the mdce, and input the following in matlab command window:
> >hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
>  it can run pipi.vbs,and that indicats there is no problem about the path of pipi.vbs.
> I hope you can help me, i am tired about this. thank you again.

I am sorry about the reply to your answer. you are right:"MDCS workers can't see
 your drive letter mappings. It should work if you provide a UNC path". and now i have solve this problem ,thank you Edric,my friend.
0
tan
3/30/2010 11:34:03 AM
first,thank you for your answer. Now I want to start a worker on a remote claster,and on that claster i want to start the hfss, how to do that ?? I use the UNC path,but how to define the path of the hfss.exe??
>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','\\Isaac\ceshi\pipi.vbs',false,true);
0
tan
4/3/2010 12:58:04 AM
"tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:

> first,thank you for your answer. Now I want to start a worker on a remote
> claster,and on that claster i want to start the hfss, how to do that ?? I use
> the UNC path,but how to define the path of the hfss.exe??
>>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','\\Isaac\ceshi\pipi.vbs',false,true);

You either need to install hfss.exe on a shared path and refer to it by
the UNC path, or else you need to install it locally on the cluster
node.

Cheers,

Edric.
0
Edric
4/6/2010 8:22:35 AM
Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytw1vetf0s4.fsf@uk-eellis-deb5-64.mathworks.co.uk>...
> "tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > first,thank you for your answer. Now I want to start a worker on a remote
> > claster,and on that claster i want to start the hfss, how to do that ?? I use
> > the UNC path,but how to define the path of the hfss.exe??
> >>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','\\Isaac\ceshi\pipi.vbs',false,true);
>
> You either need to install hfss.exe on a shared path and refer to it by
> the UNC path, or else you need to install it locally on the cluster
> node.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

thank you very much, the problem has been solved!
0
tan

matlab parallel computing problem
in pmode, I creaed a segment and output is: lab1: 1 2 3 lab2: 11 12 13 lab3: 21 22 23 lab4: 31 32 33 When I am using " whole = codistributed(segment, codistributor()) " The system told " ??? Undefined function or variable 'codistributor'. " What's the problem.... flycod <jby1985@gmail.com> writes: > in pmode, I creaed a segment and output is: > lab1: 1 2 3 > lab2: 11 12 13 > lab3: 21 22 23 > lab4: 31 32 33 > > When I am using " whole = codistributed(segment, codistributor()) " > > The system told " ??? Undef...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable ...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

help me solve a problem in converting a non-parallel program into parallel program...
Hi all, I need your help. I have a Matlab program, which uses the Matlab symbolic toolbox and does exclusively symbolic computations. It calls Maple's library internally. My program is currently non-parallel. I need to run it on a super computer. The super computer does not have Matlab and it is Linux based and supports MPI. I didn't figure out how to convert non-parallel program into parallel exectuables on Linux with MPI. Since I failed to get a nice solution of the above problem, now I am willing to make a comprise, I am going to make it coarse-grained distrubuted computing: (1...

parallel computing in matlab
Hi I like to use parallel threads, to use the multiple processor cores. (I have a quadcore system and frankly when using matlab despite all mathworks claims I NEVER EVER spotted it using more than 1 core (i.e. 25% CPU usage!) - yes I enabled multithreading support in the preferences). Anyway. So I want to take things in my own hands. So I started with and example of an "embarresingly parallel task: filtering 12 images. The images are in the variable imgs{...} tic I={}; h = fspecial('gaussian',30,30); for jj= 1:size(imgs,2) I{jj}=imfilter(imgs{jj},h); end toc -> this takes...

Help with a MatLab problem!
The &#8220;divide and average&#8221; method, an old-time method for approximating the square root of any positive number "a" can be formulated as: x= (x+a/x)/2 (a) Write a well-structured pseudocode to implement this algorithm. Use proper indentation so that the structure is clear. (b) Develop, debug, and document a Matlab function to implement this equation. Its basically a problem that by using this formula or function it would give me the square root of a number inserted. I see you cut the (!) down from 22 to 1. That is a good start. Now, where are you stuck? _U...

problem with parallel matlab
for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); %%rssi having the signal strength from all AP's end end when i'm running the following code, i get the same value for each element of rssi (serially i get different results) where is my problem? Creating some fake data and and implementing a simple LOSS function, I do not see a different between the serial and parallel execution. Does LOSS use any persistent or global variables? function [ rssi rssi2 ] = foo APLoc...

Help with Matlab Problem
Any one know how to work this problem? In this exercise you are to compute a power of the diagonalizable matrix A. Let A = pascal(5). Use the eigenvalue decomposition of A to calculate the ninth power of A. You cannot apply the power operator ^ to the matrix A. "Lynn Koch" <ankrunner@aol.com> wrote in message news:jfca37$r46$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Any one know how to work this problem? > In this exercise you are to compute a power of the diagonalizable matrix > A. Let A = pascal(5). Use the eigenvalue decomposition of A to calculate > the ninth powe...

Help with parallel computing
I get the following error when running my code over distributed computing server; however, I don't get the error when running it with matlabpool set to local: ??? Error using ==> parallel_function>make_general_channel/channel_general at 843 Undefined function or method 'findCentroidsIndep' for input arguments of type 'struct'. Error in ==> parallel_function>distributed_execution at 752 [tags, out] = P.getCompleteIntervals(chunkSize); Error in ==> parallel_function at 564 R = distributed_execution(... Error in ==> processVideoDistributed at 85 n...

parallel computing with matlab
Hello friends, I want to know that ,is it possible to do parallel computing with MATLAB on a single computer.I want that different modules communicate and interlinked with each other so that called by other functions also. Hi, have a look at the distributed computing toolbox: http://www.mathworks.com/products/distribtb/ Although mainly intended to seperate the workload to different machines you may also run it on one machine... Titus www.mathworks.com\products\dis "shivi chaturvedi" <shivi79@rediffmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ef3d35a.-1@webcrossing...

problem with matlab compile error in matlab6.5 work in matlab 7, help!
hi to all, i have a problem running this code on Matlab 6.5, it running fine on matlab Version 7.1.0.183 (R14) Service Pack 3 (but i have not this version) Matlab 6.5 give me a compilation error: ?? Error: File: C:\Documents and Settings\Roby\Documenti\Tesi\portoni_sd_sa\portoni_sd_sa\portoni_2d.m Line: 23 Column: 19 "identifier" expected, "(" found. row 23 col 19 start from @(points) ... (at line begining with error_function = ) Can u help me to resolve this error? can u give me sugestion how can write this line i'm a beginner and i can't understand why t...

matlab for parallel computing
Is any body doing parallel computing with matlab here? ...

Parallel Computing in MATLAB???
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to run multiple m-files parallelly in MATLAB. For example, suppose I need to run 'n' script files all independent of each other. I needed it for a robotics application. Is it possible to assign preferences to the processes(like in real time processes) so that a process of lesser preference is put on the hold if a more preferred task needs to be run. Please give details, as I am not very used to MATLAB. Thanks in advance. Regards... "ajay " <ajaypai88@gmail.com> writes: > I would like to know if it is possible to run mu...

parallel computing problem
The program works well on a local jobmanager. When doing it using a jobmanager on a remote cluster computer, the error looks like: Error using ==>parallel_function>make_general_channel/channel_general at 843 Undefined function handle. Error in ==> parallel_function>distributed_execution at 752 [tags, out] = P.getCompleteIntervals(chunkSize); Error in ==> parallel_function at 564 R = distributed_execution(... Could anybody tell me what's wrong? Thanks. YAN <lingyan.sheng@gmail.com> writes: > The program works well on a local jobmanager. When doing it using a ...

Web resources about - just help me about the parallel computing problem - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the formal concept of computation, see computation . For the magazine, see Computing (magazine) . For the scientific journal, see Computing ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Microsoft pledges ‘cloud computing for public good'
Computing giant Microsoft to offer non-profits and researchers free cloud computing resources to projects in the "public good".

Microsoft and Rambus team up for quantum computing research
Researchers at Microsoft are partnering with Rambus in order to evaluate the future memory requirements of quantum computing. The two technology ...

Microsoft is donating $1 billion in cloud computing services to charity
Microsoft announced today a new plan to donate $1 billion worth of cloud computing services to nonprofits, charities, and universities over the ...

Cisco fixes critical flaws in digital encoder, unified computing manager and security appliance
CIO Cisco fixes critical flaws in digital encoder, unified computing manager and security appliance CIO Cisco Systems has released software ...

Artificial intelligence is the next major wave of computing, Android creator says
... figuring out how to interact with devices that don't have a screen like washing machines. HALF MOON BAY, Calif. The next major phase of computing ...

Microsoft to cut some Azure computing prices
Good news for businesses using Microsoft's Azure cloud platform: their infrastructure bills may be shrinking come February. Microsoft announced ...

Cisco fixes critical flaws in digital encoder, unified computing manager and security appliance
CSO Online Cisco fixes critical flaws in digital encoder, unified computing manager and security appliance CSO Online Cisco Systems has released ...

Senao Networks poised to acquire industrial computing device makers
Wireless networking/communication device maker Senao Networks has stepped into developing industrial computing technology and plans to acquire ...