just help me about the parallel computing problem

hi, everyone:
I have a problem about the paralle computing when using parallel computing box. I want to combine the matlab with the HFSS to solve a problem, but I find it can't work when i call the HFSS in one cluster. The program belows:
>jm=findResource('scheduler','type','jobmanager','name','isaac','LookupURL','192.168.58.109');
>job=createJob(jm);
>set(job,'PathDependencies',{'Y:\'});
>createTask(job,@vbs,1,{2});
>submit(job);
>waitForState(job);
>results=getAllOutputArguments(job)
>destroy(job);

>function a=vbs(i)
>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
>i=i-1;
>a=i;

When i run this program, the HFSS would open, but never open the pipi.vbs ,why ? where is the problem??? just help me ,thank you !!
0
tan
3/26/2010 1:03:02 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 18 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:

> I have a problem about the paralle computing when using parallel
> computing box. I want to combine the matlab with the HFSS to solve a
> problem, but I find it can't work when i call the HFSS in one
> cluster. The program belows:

>>jm=findResource('scheduler','type','jobmanager','name','isaac','LookupURL','192.168.58.109');

> [...]

>>function a=vbs(i)
>>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
>>i=i-1;
>>a=i;
>
> When i run this program, the HFSS would open, but never open the
> pipi.vbs ,why ? where is the problem??? just help me ,thank you !!

I think the problem is that you're using the jobmanager and trying to
access "pipi.vbs" using a mapped drive-letter. MDCS workers can't see
your drive letter mappings. It should work if you provide a UNC path
such as

\\server-name\path\to\pipi.vbs

(We have an undocumented function that can do this mapping for you,
dctReplaceDriveWithUNCPath('y:\pipi.vbs') that you must run on your
MATLAB client (not on the cluster) - but please be aware of the usual
caveats about undocumented stuff - we might choose to
remove/change/rename it without notice)

Cheers,

Edric.
0
Edric
3/26/2010 1:16:00 PM
Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytw634j5ilr.fsf@uk-eellis-deb5-64.mathworks.co.uk>...
> "tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have a problem about the paralle computing when using parallel
> > computing box. I want to combine the matlab with the HFSS to solve a
> > problem, but I find it can't work when i call the HFSS in one
> > cluster. The program belows:
>
> >>jm=findResource('scheduler','type','jobmanager','name','isaac','LookupURL','192.168.58.109');
>
> > [...]
>
> >>function a=vbs(i)
> >>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
> >>i=i-1;
> >>a=i;
> >
> > When i run this program, the HFSS would open, but never open the
> > pipi.vbs ,why ? where is the problem??? just help me ,thank you !!
>
> I think the problem is that you're using the jobmanager and trying to
> access "pipi.vbs" using a mapped drive-letter. MDCS workers can't see
> your drive letter mappings. It should work if you provide a UNC path
> such as
>
> \\server-name\path\to\pipi.vbs
>
> (We have an undocumented function that can do this mapping for you,
> dctReplaceDriveWithUNCPath('y:\pipi.vbs') that you must run on your
> MATLAB client (not on the cluster) - but please be aware of the usual
> caveats about undocumented stuff - we might choose to
> remove/change/rename it without notice)
>

> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

thank you, Edric. but i have set the path of mapped drive before i run the program. and i am sure that the path of "pipi.vbs" have been set and mapped. when i don't use the mdce, and input the following in matlab command window:
>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
 it can run pipi.vbs,and that indicats there is no problem about the path of pipi.vbs.
I hope you can help me, i am tired about this. thank you again.
0
tan
3/30/2010 10:47:02 AM
"tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hoskr6$lk$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytw634j5ilr.fsf@uk-eellis-deb5-64.mathworks.co.uk>...
> > "tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > I have a problem about the paralle computing when using parallel
> > > computing box. I want to combine the matlab with the HFSS to solve a
> > > problem, but I find it can't work when i call the HFSS in one
> > > cluster. The program belows:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > When i run this program, the HFSS would open, but never open the
> > > pipi.vbs ,why ? where is the problem??? just help me ,thank you !!
> >
> > I think the problem is that you're using the jobmanager and trying to
> > access "pipi.vbs" using a mapped drive-letter. MDCS workers can't see
> > your drive letter mappings. It should work if you provide a UNC path
> > such as
> >
> > \\server-name\path\to\pipi.vbs
> >
> > (We have an undocumented function that can do this mapping for you,
> > dctReplaceDriveWithUNCPath('y:\pipi.vbs') that you must run on your
> > MATLAB client (not on the cluster) - but please be aware of the usual
> > caveats about undocumented stuff - we might choose to
> > remove/change/rename it without notice)
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Edric.
>
> thank you, Edric. but i have set the path of mapped drive before i run the program. and i am sure that the path of "pipi.vbs" have been set and mapped. when i don't use the mdce, and input the following in matlab command window:
> >hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','Y:\pipi.vbs',false,true);
>  it can run pipi.vbs,and that indicats there is no problem about the path of pipi.vbs.
> I hope you can help me, i am tired about this. thank you again.

I am sorry about the reply to your answer. you are right:"MDCS workers can't see
 your drive letter mappings. It should work if you provide a UNC path". and now i have solve this problem ,thank you Edric,my friend.
0
tan
3/30/2010 11:34:03 AM
first,thank you for your answer. Now I want to start a worker on a remote claster,and on that claster i want to start the hfss, how to do that ?? I use the UNC path,but how to define the path of the hfss.exe??
>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','\\Isaac\ceshi\pipi.vbs',false,true);
0
tan
4/3/2010 12:58:04 AM
"tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:

> first,thank you for your answer. Now I want to start a worker on a remote
> claster,and on that claster i want to start the hfss, how to do that ?? I use
> the UNC path,but how to define the path of the hfss.exe??
>>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','\\Isaac\ceshi\pipi.vbs',false,true);

You either need to install hfss.exe on a shared path and refer to it by
the UNC path, or else you need to install it locally on the cluster
node.

Cheers,

Edric.
0
Edric
4/6/2010 8:22:35 AM
Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytw1vetf0s4.fsf@uk-eellis-deb5-64.mathworks.co.uk>...
> "tan " <tgn0825@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > first,thank you for your answer. Now I want to start a worker on a remote
> > claster,and on that claster i want to start the hfss, how to do that ?? I use
> > the UNC path,but how to define the path of the hfss.exe??
> >>hfssExecuteScript('C:\"Program Files"\Ansoft\HFSS10\hfss.exe','\\Isaac\ceshi\pipi.vbs',false,true);
>
> You either need to install hfss.exe on a shared path and refer to it by
> the UNC path, or else you need to install it locally on the cluster
> node.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

thank you very much, the problem has been solved!
0
tan

matlab parallel computing problem
in pmode, I creaed a segment and output is: lab1: 1 2 3 lab2: 11 12 13 lab3: 21 22 23 lab4: 31 32 33 When I am using " whole = codistributed(segment, codistributor()) " The system told " ??? Undefined function or variable 'codistributor'. " What's the problem.... flycod <jby1985@gmail.com> writes: > in pmode, I creaed a segment and output is: > lab1: 1 2 3 > lab2: 11 12 13 > lab3: 21 22 23 > lab4: 31 32 33 > > When I am using " whole = codistributed(segment, codistributor()) " > > The system told " ??? Undef...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable ...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

help me solve a problem in converting a non-parallel program into parallel program...
Hi all, I need your help. I have a Matlab program, which uses the Matlab symbolic toolbox and does exclusively symbolic computations. It calls Maple's library internally. My program is currently non-parallel. I need to run it on a super computer. The super computer does not have Matlab and it is Linux based and supports MPI. I didn't figure out how to convert non-parallel program into parallel exectuables on Linux with MPI. Since I failed to get a nice solution of the above problem, now I am willing to make a comprise, I am going to make it coarse-grained distrubuted computing: (1...

parallel computing in matlab
Hi I like to use parallel threads, to use the multiple processor cores. (I have a quadcore system and frankly when using matlab despite all mathworks claims I NEVER EVER spotted it using more than 1 core (i.e. 25% CPU usage!) - yes I enabled multithreading support in the preferences). Anyway. So I want to take things in my own hands. So I started with and example of an "embarresingly parallel task: filtering 12 images. The images are in the variable imgs{...} tic I={}; h = fspecial('gaussian',30,30); for jj= 1:size(imgs,2) I{jj}=imfilter(imgs{jj},h); end toc -> this takes...

Help with a MatLab problem!
The &#8220;divide and average&#8221; method, an old-time method for approximating the square root of any positive number "a" can be formulated as: x= (x+a/x)/2 (a) Write a well-structured pseudocode to implement this algorithm. Use proper indentation so that the structure is clear. (b) Develop, debug, and document a Matlab function to implement this equation. Its basically a problem that by using this formula or function it would give me the square root of a number inserted. I see you cut the (!) down from 22 to 1. That is a good start. Now, where are you stuck? _U...

problem with parallel matlab
for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); %%rssi having the signal strength from all AP's end end when i'm running the following code, i get the same value for each element of rssi (serially i get different results) where is my problem? Creating some fake data and and implementing a simple LOSS function, I do not see a different between the serial and parallel execution. Does LOSS use any persistent or global variables? function [ rssi rssi2 ] = foo APLoc...

Help with Matlab Problem
Any one know how to work this problem? In this exercise you are to compute a power of the diagonalizable matrix A. Let A = pascal(5). Use the eigenvalue decomposition of A to calculate the ninth power of A. You cannot apply the power operator ^ to the matrix A. "Lynn Koch" <ankrunner@aol.com> wrote in message news:jfca37$r46$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Any one know how to work this problem? > In this exercise you are to compute a power of the diagonalizable matrix > A. Let A = pascal(5). Use the eigenvalue decomposition of A to calculate > the ninth powe...

Help with parallel computing
I get the following error when running my code over distributed computing server; however, I don't get the error when running it with matlabpool set to local: ??? Error using ==> parallel_function>make_general_channel/channel_general at 843 Undefined function or method 'findCentroidsIndep' for input arguments of type 'struct'. Error in ==> parallel_function>distributed_execution at 752 [tags, out] = P.getCompleteIntervals(chunkSize); Error in ==> parallel_function at 564 R = distributed_execution(... Error in ==> processVideoDistributed at 85 n...

parallel computing with matlab
Hello friends, I want to know that ,is it possible to do parallel computing with MATLAB on a single computer.I want that different modules communicate and interlinked with each other so that called by other functions also. Hi, have a look at the distributed computing toolbox: http://www.mathworks.com/products/distribtb/ Although mainly intended to seperate the workload to different machines you may also run it on one machine... Titus www.mathworks.com\products\dis "shivi chaturvedi" <shivi79@rediffmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ef3d35a.-1@webcrossing...

problem with matlab compile error in matlab6.5 work in matlab 7, help!
hi to all, i have a problem running this code on Matlab 6.5, it running fine on matlab Version 7.1.0.183 (R14) Service Pack 3 (but i have not this version) Matlab 6.5 give me a compilation error: ?? Error: File: C:\Documents and Settings\Roby\Documenti\Tesi\portoni_sd_sa\portoni_sd_sa\portoni_2d.m Line: 23 Column: 19 "identifier" expected, "(" found. row 23 col 19 start from @(points) ... (at line begining with error_function = ) Can u help me to resolve this error? can u give me sugestion how can write this line i'm a beginner and i can't understand why t...

matlab for parallel computing
Is any body doing parallel computing with matlab here? ...

Parallel Computing in MATLAB???
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to run multiple m-files parallelly in MATLAB. For example, suppose I need to run 'n' script files all independent of each other. I needed it for a robotics application. Is it possible to assign preferences to the processes(like in real time processes) so that a process of lesser preference is put on the hold if a more preferred task needs to be run. Please give details, as I am not very used to MATLAB. Thanks in advance. Regards... "ajay " <ajaypai88@gmail.com> writes: > I would like to know if it is possible to run mu...

parallel computing problem
The program works well on a local jobmanager. When doing it using a jobmanager on a remote cluster computer, the error looks like: Error using ==>parallel_function>make_general_channel/channel_general at 843 Undefined function handle. Error in ==> parallel_function>distributed_execution at 752 [tags, out] = P.getCompleteIntervals(chunkSize); Error in ==> parallel_function at 564 R = distributed_execution(... Could anybody tell me what's wrong? Thanks. YAN <lingyan.sheng@gmail.com> writes: > The program works well on a local jobmanager. When doing it using a ...