laplace transformation #2

Hi guys,

I am trying to perform a very simple inverse laplace;
>> syms s
>> f = 1/s;

Transfer function:
1
-

>> ilaplace(f)

and i am getting this error: _ ??? Undefined function or method 'ilaplace' for input arguments of type 'tf'.

when then tring to do the laplace of another function; i get this error
>>  syms a unreal
t = 0:0.1:10;
y = exp(-a*t);a = 0.25 + j*2*pi;
plot3(t,real(y), imag(y))
grid
>> laplace(y)
??? Undefined function or method 'laplace' for input arguments of type 'double'.

Can anyone please help me out? Thanks beforehand.

comp.soft-sys.matlab 206917 articles. 560 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Anabel " <anabelbonello@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hl64p2$iip$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to perform a very simple inverse laplace;
> >> syms s
> >> f = 1/s;
>
> Transfer function:
> 1
> -
>
> >> ilaplace(f)
>
> and i am getting this error: _ ??? Undefined function or method 'ilaplace' for input arguments of type 'tf'.
>
> when then tring to do the laplace of another function; i get this error
> >>  syms a unreal
> t = 0:0.1:10;
> y = exp(-a*t);a = 0.25 + j*2*pi;
> plot3(t,real(y), imag(y))
> grid
> >> laplace(y)
> ??? Undefined function or method 'laplace' for input arguments of type 'double'.
>
> Can anyone please help me out? Thanks beforehand.

Hi Anabel
Do you have the Symbolic Toolbox installed? if you type

>>ver

at the command prompt, do you find an entry for the Symbolic Toolbox?

Wayne
0
wmkingty (1430)
2/13/2010 12:44:20 PM
HI wayne,

yes there is Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 3.2.2  (R2007b)...dont know what s wrong:S

thanks loads

"Anabel " <anabelbonello@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hl67j1$gbk$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> HI wayne,
>
> yes there is Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 3.2.2  (R2007b)...dont know what s wrong:S
>
> thanks loads
>

> "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <hl66r4$sha$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > "Anabel " <anabelbonello@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hl64p2$iip$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I am trying to perform a very simple inverse laplace;
> > >
> > > Transfer function:
> > > 1
> > > -

> > > and i am getting this error: _ ??? Undefined function or method 'ilaplace' for input arguments of type 'tf'.
> > >
> > > when then tring to do the laplace of another function; i get this error
> > > t = 0:0.1:10;
> > > y = exp(-a*t);a = 0.25 + j*2*pi;
> > > plot3(t,real(y), imag(y))
> > > grid
> > > ??? Undefined function or method 'laplace' for input arguments of type 'double'.
> > >
> > > Can anyone please help me out? Thanks beforehand.
> > >

> > Hi Anabel
> > Do you have the Symbolic Toolbox installed? if you type

> > at the command prompt, do you find an entry for the Symbolic Toolbox?
> >
> > Wayne

Hi Anabel,

If you type

syms s
f = 1/s;
class(f)
% do you get sym for the class?
% Then
F = ilaplace(f);
% should return 1

You should be able to copy and paste the above.
Wayne
0
wmkingty (1430)

Thanks loads for the help:) really appreciated it:)

gd day.

"Anabel " <anabelbonello@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hl64p2$iip$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to perform a very simple inverse laplace;
> >> syms s
> >> f = 1/s;
>
> Transfer function:
> 1
> -
>
> >> ilaplace(f)
>
> and i am getting this error: _ ??? Undefined function or method 'ilaplace' for input arguments of type 'tf'.
>
> when then tring to do the laplace of another function; i get this error
> >>  syms a unreal
> t = 0:0.1:10;
> y = exp(-a*t);a = 0.25 + j*2*pi;
> plot3(t,real(y), imag(y))
> grid
> >> laplace(y)
> ??? Undefined function or method 'laplace' for input arguments of type 'double'.
>
> Can anyone please help me out? Thanks beforehand.

Subject: Music & Acoustic Transcription (was: The Holy Grail of Transforms & Component Extraction)
I will follow up on the note below with some You Tube demos, along with an outline of the analysis method used to recover the "Holy Grail", as it were (i.e. clean separation of acoustic signals into their natural "chirp" components, in the same way that a person decomposes the sounds when hearing them). From 2012 Dec 15 http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dsp/msg/fb55797342ea084e > The hybrid of the time-frequency and time-scale are the S-transforms. > They have some rather unusual and extremely properties that even the > research literature doesn't ...

Galactic Civilizations 1.2 this week
This week Stardock will be releasing Galactic Civilizations 1.2. Galactic Civilizations is a space based strategy game in which the player takes on the role of leader of the government of Earth. Here's a list of what's new in 1.19 (the beta for 1.2): http://www.galciv.com/forum.asp?BID=GF&id=135146 A ton of tweaks and enhancements have gone into GalCiv as we near the game's first anniversary from release. The game has undergone months of additional development since it was originally released with 1.2 having features such as Logistics, a galactic encyclopedia, sta...

Web update #2
A new document is online : Un nouveau document est en ligne : ST BOOK schematics (12 sheets - 1992 - ZIP of 2.1MB) Sch�mas du ST BOOK (12 planches - 1992 - ZIP de 2.1 Mo) English : http://www.czuba-tech.com/old/museum.htm French: http://www.czuba-tech.com/old/musee.htm w poscie 4311ae51$0$6464$626a14ce@news.free.fr, Rodolphe Czuba od rodolphe.BeurkSPAM.czuba@free.fr napisal 28-08-05 14:28: > A new document is online : > Un nouveau document est en ligne : > > ST BOOK schematics (12 sheets - 1992 - ZIP of 2.1MB) > Sch�mas du ST BOOK (12 planches - 1992 -...

Antivirus and Firewall Protection #2
Viruses are small files that attach to emails or downloads and infect your computer which is why you need virus protection. They can be as harmless as displaying funny pictures on your monitor or they can go through your address book and send everyone within your address book the same virus. More dangerous versions can completely wipeout your computer and all your information and some can take over your machine and send spam from your computer. Without your knowledge, you can become a spammer. Virus protection saves you from virus problems. Hackers are the underbelly of the internet. They are ...

How to? #2
I Need a script that will make it so the person using the app inputs a word and it flips it back! It needs to work with FreeRide, Thanks, -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Acoole Cooland wrote: > I Need a script that will make it so the person using the app inputs a > word and it flips it back! > > It needs to work with FreeRide, > > Thanks, > > You mean like: puts gets or...? It's best to be a bit more specific. Also, there are a lot of Ruby tutorials available that could probably help. -Justin ...

Color grid with x and y args to visualize effects of 2D transformations? #2
You can see my website at http://intumath.org/Math/Geometry/Projective%20geometry/projectivegeomet.htm l for an example of the kind of color grid I'm trying to plot. Again, I have to be able to transform this via standard matrices, in order to illustrate the basics of various transformations. So I need either the x and y arguments available, or else I need the t parameter available. Unless there's some way in Mathematica to apply transformations in matrix form directly to an image. Thank you again for any help. Chris Young cy56@comcast.net Finally got a fast grid pl...

Re: Placeholders #2
In SAS, you can use the Z4. format to have the format of 0010 or whatever. If you need the value to permanently embed the 0, you would need to use a character value though ('0010') rather than a numeric value, as numeric values always are simply numbers (10) with formats applied by whichever program you are using. For example, option 1: proc import data=have file=whatever dbms=csv replace; run; data want; set have; format SppCode Z4.; run; -Joe On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:59 AM, <mholmes71@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a dataset with variable name SppCode. I w...

Ultra 2 Enterprise
Hi, I have an Ultra2 Enterprise with two 300Mhz ultrasparc II CPUs, 2Gigs of memory, and all the SBus slots are filled up and the UPA slot contains a FFB3+ graphics card. It also has two 9Gig drives, but I want to replace it with a larger drive (possibly two 18gig drives or one larger drive). What is the best hard drive to install in this machine without overheating too much. Manufacturer & Model numbers are needed as I will go searching on ebay. Thanks, Ram In article <1115315792.331211.284130@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, <rmeenaks@olf.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I...

Raritan 2-port models (10) New w. 2 cable sets
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5797730236 -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) Hi! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5797730236 We're getting closer to my price range. :-) I am looking for a four port unit though. Actually I've been thinking about buying one for a while now as monitors and keyboards are in a bit of a short supply here. It looks like most of these have "two cables" included with them, even the four port units. How easy (or difficult) is it to get more cables? ...

PuTTY/SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0.1/SSH-2 rekey bug
hi, i am trying to automate some file copies between a windows box and a solaris server. solaris 9 w/SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0.1. PuTTY verion is 0.57. pscp -v <options>... gives "We believe remote version has SSH-2 rekey bug" and then "The server's host key is not cached in the registry." i cannot find any information on the first error. the server host key really is cached in the registry, and is the correct key. TIA, robyn <robynew@yahoo.com> wrote: > pscp -v <options>... > gives "We believe remote version has SSH-2 rekey bug" and the...

Supporting new DirectShow filters in WinCE4.2 for Windows Media Player
Hi, We are to provide DirectShow support for a hardware codec in our system which when provided with mp3 data, decodes and renders directly on DAC. For that we are designing a customized "rendering filter" whose input pin is compatible to receive Mp3 data. As per WinCE .Net documentation, Windows Media Player control is built on DirectShow technology,using Filter Graph Manager. Is it possible to make it work by Windows Media Player to get the enhanced performance? Is it possible to ask Filter Graph manager to make default graph like the one below?? (File Async) (newly develope...

Recommended books #2
What are the recommended PHP books? I am an experienced programmer, but I have never used PHP. I want to do some server side stuff. Howard Kaikow wrote: > What are the recommended PHP books? > I am an experienced programmer, but I have never used PHP. > I want to do some server side stuff. > > Don't bother with a book. Its just another language. The online php manual will tell you 99% of what you need to know. For an experienced programmer, its pretty simple apart from syntactical quirks. "The Natural Philosopher" <tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote in mess...

subfigure and aipproc clash ? #2
Hi I am trying to typeset a document for a conference and have run into a wierd problem whenever I try to use the package subfigure with the aipproc document class. I get : ! Undefined control sequence. <argument> if\@captype topcap l.60 \subfigure [Case 1]{...} Is there a way to fix this ? The aipproc class implies graphicx. Does that have a clash with subfigure ? I have not noticed this before. Thanks. ----------- You can use the following test example (just use any float locally available to you - I am using tex files gen...

c++ tutorials #2
http://computer-language-tutorials.blogspot.com/2008/01/c-language-tutorial.html On Jan 23, 7:55=A0pm, lawryy <lawry_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > http://computer-language-tutorials.blogspot.com/2008/01/c-language-tu... thanks ...

Re: Information regarding ALLBASE/SQL-COBOL programming in HP3K #2
Hi all, I am able to preprocess the SQL statements and compile it...but while linking I am getting the following error..I followed the below steps to compile the COBOL program with SQL statements Steps: 1.Assign the program(containing cobol and sql statements) to SQLIN ie. SQLIN=EXAMPLES(Name of the program) 2. run psqlcob.pub.sys;info="<dbename> (drop)" 3.cob85xl sqlout,exampleO,$null (here the output of step will be store in sqlout and we need to compile that) 4.LinkEd> link exampleo,exampledp ERROR: PROGRAM ENTRY POINT "_start (OUTER BLOC...

Re: inverting Laplace transforms #2
Thank you for the link. Here's one I've been looking for a long time and it's not in those tables: InverseLaplaceTransform[1/(s+Exp[-s]), s, t] Mathematica can't seem to do much at all in the way of inverse transforms, nothing more than Exp[-s] as far as I can find. ...

Samba 2.2.6 on SCO OpenServer
Hi there - I am having a problem with transferring data from SCO to Windows XP and back. If I have files greater then 10MB they come across all corrupted, however under that they transfer without an issue. I really don't understand why its happening to some files and not others. I am running Samba 2.2.6 SCO port, and I have been unable to find any assistance.. Please Help Steven "Steven Sinfield" <Meriti3x@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:3ffb90be$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi there - > > I am having a problem with transferring data fr...

ebay #2
hello: madam and sir . we sell all kinds of laptops and digital cam .our product is a quantity best, the price is the lowest in the world, i think you will be interested in our product . thanks a lot! Our Website:http://www.prs-123.com/ Msn: prs_cool_123@hotmail.com mail: prs_cool_123@yahoo.com.cn thanks for everyone good luck with everyone . @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ hello : madam and sir. we sell all kinds of laptops and digital cam .our product is a quantity best, the price is the lowest in the world, i think you will be interested in our product . thanks a lot! Our Websit...

arrays #2 #2
Hi! How to create one array that will hold numbers from 3 to 50, their square roots, and number * 10? example: 3, 1.43, 30 4, 2, 40 Thanks In article <452216cd$1@ns1.novi-net.net>, "Zvonko" <zvonko_NOSPAM_@velkat.net> wrote: > Hi! > > How to create one array that will hold numbers from 3 to 50, their > square roots, and number * 10? > > example: 3, 1.43, 30 > 4, 2, 40 > > > Thanks <? for ($a=3;$a<=50;$a++){ $data[] = array($a, sqrt($a), $a*...

Question about image transformations
Hi all, I'm in need of some help here. I'm trying to convert a grayscale image to binary. my spec says that the user should specify a threshold and then the program should determine if the intensity is above the threshold. However, it asks that I will not use im2bw or change the col0rmap, so I'm quite lost here. Any help is appreciated, thanks ...

ero magazines #2 1299042
http://ero-mag.net ...

Whats the reference phase in an FFT transform?
Hello all, Assuming a real-data FFT, I'll get an array of complex values, representing the real and imaginary parts of frequency "bins". I can find the "phase" of each bin by [tan-1(imag(bin)/real(bin))]. Two questions: 1. What is that phase relative to? It doesnt make sense to say bin 4 is at phase 60 degrees...its needs a reference. What is that reference? 2. What are the magnitudes and phase of frequencies that lie *between* the bins. Since I only have a finite number of bins in my FFT. Thanks a lot! --Shafik Shafik wrote: > Assuming a real-data FFT, I'...

printing sample #2
Is there a sample for printing to different pagesizes incl. Preview (and change of Preview when size is changed). I have to (re-)implement one I wrote some years ago and I'm struggling with different wxPrint... classes and its methods. Maybe they changed their behaviour maybe not. But having a look at a more straight-forward solution would give me some hints. TIA Chris --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

Suse 8.2 Won't Recognize CD Burner
I did a fresh install of Suse 8.2. Today I went to burn a CD using k3b, but it shows no devices. In YAST2, my burner is shown correctly at /dev/cdrecorder, mount point /media/cdrecorder, and the link is /dev/sr0. I have read other posts saying that I need to go into lilo.conf, and add a line to change it to SCSI, etc. Do I really need to do this? Isn't ths installer smart enough to set it up correctly in the first place? Buck Turgidson wrote: > I did a fresh install of Suse 8.2. Today I went to burn a CD using k3b, > but > it shows no devices. In YAST2, my burner is shown c...

Clipper Program #2
Dear friends, Thanks for all help. I'll think about all responses. Amarildo. ...