laplace transformation #2

Hi guys,

I am trying to perform a very simple inverse laplace;
>> syms s
>> f = 1/s;

Transfer function:
1
-

>> ilaplace(f)

and i am getting this error: _ ??? Undefined function or method 'ilaplace' for input arguments of type 'tf'.

when then tring to do the laplace of another function; i get this error
>>  syms a unreal
t = 0:0.1:10;
y = exp(-a*t);a = 0.25 + j*2*pi;
plot3(t,real(y), imag(y))
grid
>> laplace(y)
??? Undefined function or method 'laplace' for input arguments of type 'double'.

Can anyone please help me out? Thanks beforehand.

comp.soft-sys.matlab 209977 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Anabel " <anabelbonello@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hl64p2$iip$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to perform a very simple inverse laplace;
> >> syms s
> >> f = 1/s;
>
> Transfer function:
> 1
> -
>
> >> ilaplace(f)
>
> and i am getting this error: _ ??? Undefined function or method 'ilaplace' for input arguments of type 'tf'.
>
> when then tring to do the laplace of another function; i get this error
> >>  syms a unreal
> t = 0:0.1:10;
> y = exp(-a*t);a = 0.25 + j*2*pi;
> plot3(t,real(y), imag(y))
> grid
> >> laplace(y)
> ??? Undefined function or method 'laplace' for input arguments of type 'double'.
>
> Can anyone please help me out? Thanks beforehand.

Hi Anabel
Do you have the Symbolic Toolbox installed? if you type

>>ver

at the command prompt, do you find an entry for the Symbolic Toolbox?

Wayne
0
wmkingty (1430)
2/13/2010 12:44:20 PM
HI wayne,

yes there is Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 3.2.2  (R2007b)...dont know what s wrong:S

thanks loads

"Anabel " <anabelbonello@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hl67j1$gbk$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> HI wayne,
>
> yes there is Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 3.2.2  (R2007b)...dont know what s wrong:S
>
> thanks loads
>

> "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <hl66r4$sha$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > "Anabel " <anabelbonello@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hl64p2$iip$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I am trying to perform a very simple inverse laplace;
> > >
> > > Transfer function:
> > > 1
> > > -

> > > and i am getting this error: _ ??? Undefined function or method 'ilaplace' for input arguments of type 'tf'.
> > >
> > > when then tring to do the laplace of another function; i get this error
> > > t = 0:0.1:10;
> > > y = exp(-a*t);a = 0.25 + j*2*pi;
> > > plot3(t,real(y), imag(y))
> > > grid
> > > ??? Undefined function or method 'laplace' for input arguments of type 'double'.
> > >
> > > Can anyone please help me out? Thanks beforehand.
> > >

> > Hi Anabel
> > Do you have the Symbolic Toolbox installed? if you type

> > at the command prompt, do you find an entry for the Symbolic Toolbox?
> >
> > Wayne

Hi Anabel,

If you type

syms s
f = 1/s;
class(f)
% do you get sym for the class?
% Then
F = ilaplace(f);
% should return 1

You should be able to copy and paste the above.
Wayne
0
wmkingty (1430)

Thanks loads for the help:) really appreciated it:)

gd day.

"Wayne King" wrote in message <hl68l9$of0$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Anabel " <anabelbonello@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hl67j1$gbk$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > HI wayne,
> >
> > yes there is Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 3.2.2  (R2007b)...dont know what s wrong:S
> >
> > thanks loads

> > > Hi Anabel
> > > Do you have the Symbolic Toolbox installed? if you type

> > > at the command prompt, do you find an entry for the Symbolic Toolbox?
> > >
> > > Wayne
>
> Hi Anabel,
>
> If you type
>
> syms s
> f = 1/s;
> class(f)
> % do you get sym for the class?
> % Then
> F = ilaplace(f);
> % should return 1
>
> You should be able to copy and paste the above.
> Wayne

Hello Wayne,

I copied and pasted the above code and I got sym.
The current error i get is "Undefined function 'laplace' for input arguments of type
'double'."

Any help please?
0
Joseph

Laplace transform #2 1002804
1. f(t) = (2t+4)u(t) 2. g(t) = (4+3e^-2t)u(t) 3. h(t) = (6sin(3t) + 8 cos(3t))u(t) 4. g(t) = d[2e^-4tcos(2t)]/dt On 04/26/2012 04:17 PM, iam wrote: > 1. f(t) = (2t+4)u(t) > 2. g(t) = (4+3e^-2t)u(t) > 3. h(t) = (6sin(3t) + 8 cos(3t))u(t) > 4. g(t) = d[2e^-4tcos(2t)]/dt Have you even tried anything? tried searching for the command laplace? try searching for heaviside for unit step u(t). try using diff() first for the 4th case --Nasser On 04/26/2012 06:06 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote: > On 04/26/2012 04:17 PM, iam wrote: >> 1. f(t) = (2t+4)u(t) >> 2. g(t) = (4+3e^-2t)u(t) >> 3. h(t) = (6sin(3t) + 8 cos(3t))u(t) >> 4. g(t) = d[2e^-4tcos(2t)]/dt > > for heaviside for unit step u(t). > I should have mentioned also that you do not need u(t) (unit step). By definition, standard Laplace transform integrates from 0 to infinity any way. --Nasser ...

Finding the inverse Laplace transform when there is not a closed form expression for the Laplace transform
Hi, I'm trying to use ilaplace to find the inverse Laplace transform where the Laplace transform is as follows: L(s) = exp(integral wrt x from 0 to inf of (exp(-s*x)-1)*k(x)/x) where k(x) is a known function. In other words, the Laplace transform is not known in closed form. I'm running into some problems so my question is whether it possible to find the inverse Laplace transform in this case? Thanks! ...

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

asking discrete wavelet transform in matlab #2
Hi all........... i want to ask deubechies db2 in matlab.. i have tried to implement dwt in matlab for example wave with value s=[ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8]; [hi lo]=dwt(s,'db2'); and the result hi =1.7678 2.3108 5.1392 7.9676 10.9602 lo =-0.6124 -0.0000 -0.0000 -0.0000 0.6124; i want to ask why the length of hi and lo =5 ????? and i have see the tutorial of discrete wavelet transform and try to implement it. the hi and lo length should 4... thanks for help.. "siahaan tom" wrote in message <ip621k$781$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all........... > i want to ask deubechies db2 in matlab.. i have tried to implement dwt in matlab > for example > > wave with value s=[ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8]; > > [hi lo]=dwt(s,'db2'); > > and the result > hi =1.7678 2.3108 5.1392 7.9676 10.9602 > lo =-0.6124 -0.0000 -0.0000 -0.0000 0.6124; > > i want to ask why the length of hi and lo =5 ????? > > and i have see the tutorial of discrete wavelet transform and try to implement it. the hi and lo length should 4... > > thanks for help.. Hi, It's because the default extension mode, dwtmode(), is symmetric boundary replication. Issue this command first before calling the dwt(). dwtmode('per') [hi, lo]=dwt(s,'db2'); Hope that helps, Wayne "siahaan tom" wrote in message <ip621k$781$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all........... > i ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

Laplace Transform vs Fourier transform
Hello Forum, everyone is familiar with the Fourier transform and its importance. Its independent variable, the angular frequency w, is a measurable physical quantity. What about the Laplace transform? What is, conceptually, the advantage of taking the Laplace transform of a signal instead of the Fourier transform? I know that by looking at its zeros and poles we can assess the stability of the system for example.... is that not possible with the FT alone? Does the Laplace transform show information on the system that the FT does not? thanks fisico32 On Oct 27, 8:39=A0pm, "fisico32" <marcoscipio...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Forum, > > everyone is familiar with the Fourier transform and its importance. > Its independent variable, the angular frequency w, is a measurable > physical quantity. > > What about the Laplace transform? What is, conceptually, the advantage of > taking the Laplace transform of a signal instead of the Fourier transform= ? > I know that by looking at its zeros and poles we can assess the stability > of the system for example.... is that not possible with the FT alone? > > Does the Laplace transform show information on the system that the FT doe= s > not? > > thanks > fisico32 The fourier transform is a special case of the laplace transform (as I understand it) The Laplace transform correlates a given waveform with every possible (exponential x sinusoidal) wave. The Fourier transform c...

equivalence between Z-transform and Laplace-Transform
Hi all, I am studying a digital phase locked loop. The closed loop filter of this loop has the following Z-Transform : H(z) = ((K1+K2)*z^-1 - K1*z^-2) / (1 + (K1+K2-2)*z^-1 + (1-K1)*z^-2) I would like to know the damping factor and the natural pulse of the equivalent time continuous filter H(p). by equivalent, I mean a filter H(p) that would give in the time domain, the same response to an unit step than the one I would get in the discret domain (one being the discretized version of the other). I thought I just had to replace z by 1+p in H(z). doing the approximation e(p)=1+p. But it doesn't seem to be the right thing to do. (damping factor and natural pulse doesn't not corresponds each other). Does anyone know why and could explain it ? I hope I made it clear, and it's the right place to ask this question. Alexandre. AG wrote: > Hi all, > > I am studying a digital phase locked loop. > > The closed loop filter of this loop has the following Z-Transform : > > H(z) = ((K1+K2)*z^-1 - K1*z^-2) / (1 + (K1+K2-2)*z^-1 + (1-K1)*z^-2) > > I would like to know the damping factor and the natural pulse of the > equivalent time continuous filter H(p). > > by equivalent, I mean a filter H(p) that would give in the time domain, > the same response to an unit step than the one I would get in the > discret domain (one being the discretized version of the other). > > I thought I just had to replace z by 1+p in ...

Question about fourier transform and laplace transform
Hi I am a computer engineering student.I have to know the difference betwee Fourier transform and Laplace transform. Because we have studied laplac transform previous semester, that time to find a frequency response of system we replaced s by jw in a s domain transfer function, but now we ar using Fourier transform. Can we get Fourier transform by replacing s by jw in a Laplace transform? pls make me clear any one. Hi, There was a discussion on this topic earlier. http://www.dsprelated.com/showmessage/89022/1.php Regards Bharat www.arithos.com >I am a computer engineering student.I have to know the differenc between >Fourier transform and Laplace transform. Because we have studied laplace >transform previous semester, that time to find a frequency response of a >system we replaced s by jw in a s domain transfer function, but now w are >using Fourier transform. Can we get >Fourier transform by replacing s by jw in a Laplace transform? >pls make me clear any one. > > > "Can we get Fourier transform by replacing s by jw in a Laplac transform?" The simple answer to this is "yes". Here is some reference material o the relationship between the Fourier and Laplace transforms. http://www.dspguide.com/ch32.htm Download the pdf file-- the material is not yet available in html Regards, Steve On Feb 1, 8:07 am, "nadunalexander" <nadunalexan...@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Can we get Fourier transform b...

OS/2 gurus! Help with OS/2 config.sys Fwd: Trouble with a Personal System/2
Folks, I suck at OS/2, and this guy has a problem. Config.sys has been changed. Any way to boot in recovery mode? No further info yet, unknown if this was a result of a FixPack, adapter install, or a program update. Challenge, this may be a production unit, and it may be doing involved things. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Trouble with a Personal System/2 Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:20 -0400 From: <brian@centralindianapatternandmold.com> To: <ohland@charter.net> please help . config.sys got changed os2 ibm indurstial computer-will not boot? In article <npapo.23064$qU5.8268@newsfe20.iad>, Louis Ohland <ohland@charter.net> wrote: > Folks, I suck at OS/2, and this guy has a problem. > > Config.sys has been changed. > > Any way to boot in recovery mode? No further info yet, unknown if this > was a result of a FixPack, adapter install, or a program update. > > Challenge, this may be a production unit, and it may be doing involved > things. 1. Boot (C-A-D). 2. Wait for "boot blob" at top left corner of the screen (a white box, and "OS/2"). 3. Press Alt-F1. 4. Select "Boot to command prompt (use original CONFIG.SYS)" option. 5. Fix the CONFIG.SYS Alternatively, boot to command prompt from the OS/2 installation diskettes. -- Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand "New interface ...

Computer soft & hard #2 #2
All information about computer Soft & Hardware. visit:www.santoshcomputer.blogspot.com ...

HIPERLAN/2 PHY layer simulator on Matlab #2
Thanks Laki, ur answer could be right if I apply the effect of the channel to the signal then i add the noise, but what i do is adding the noise efect first then applying the channel effect to the sum (signal+noise), to get channel*(signal+noise), so after equalization i'd have ---> (channel*(signal+noise))/channel -- > signal+noise. hope u got what i mean .! thanks alot Laki for ur participation Hany Hany That's an interesting way to model the system, but i'll come back to that. What I think you're trying to do is this H*S / H_est = S where H = channel and H_est is the channel estimate (therefore inv(H_est) represents the inverse channel which you're calling an equaliser). Now, have you tried looking at the result of simply convolving the channel and the equaliser? H / H_est = 1 What do you get out of this? If that is difficult to obtain, then can you substitute the signal S for an impulse function (no noise) and examine the signal at the output of the equaliser? What do you get? The reason i say that it's an interesting way to model the system, is because you seem to be adding noise prior to the channel. One form of noise is typically added to model the thermal noise effects at the receiver. What you're doing it seems is receiving the signal noiselessly and are adding noise at the output of the transmitter. Now, this may not be a bad thing, because you could be trying to model some form of interference, but you haven&...

Visualization tips for geoscientists in Matlab
http://mycarta.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/visualization-tips-for-geoscientists-matlab-part-ii/ ...

patch to make Femlab 2.2 work with Matlab 6.5?
Is there a patch available to get Femlab v2.2 to work with Matlab 6.5? I can start Femlab, but there are errors in Matlab whenever I try to actually do anything in Matlab, such as open one of the models in the model library. Alternatively, does anyone know where I can buy an older version of Matlab, version 5.3.1 or 6.0? ...

Tornado 2.2.1/GCC 2.96 #2
vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the prognosis? forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote: > vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is > _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest > version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has > anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the prognosis? > Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. > Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't > exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. red floyd, I suspect you've perhaps felt my pain? numeric_limits is non-existent, template support is _VERY_ poor .. I could go on but in the interest of time, I'm tempted to abandon ship. Swith to a new RTOS. Trouble is, we've already shelled out lots of dough on this. I'm tempted to upgrade the gcc binarys but I'm afraid of the consequences. forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote: >> Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't >> exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. > > red floyd, I suspect you've perhaps...

Apache 2.2.2 and mod_perl
It has been a wee bit since I upgraded and I see a new 2.2 branch of Apache server. Does the current mod_perl work with that series or should I go with the 2.0 series? Robert Hi, Robert > It has been a wee bit since I upgraded and I see a new 2.2 branch of > Apache server. Does the current mod_perl work with that series or > should I go with the 2.0 series? It works at least for me. Last week I brought up a new apache 2.2.0-server w/mod_perl2 and Mason on top of it. It (and I) didn't make the slightest complaints. According to: http://perl.apache.org/start/index.html, mod_perl2 supports not all new features of a-2.2.0, but at least the important 2.0.0 ones in 2.2.0. I didn't need to awake the 2.0.x-'fallback system'. Regards M. Cool. Thanks for the reply. Robert ...

ANNOUNCE: AFS Perl API 2.2.2 released #2
AFS Perl API Version 2.2.2 I am pleased to announce the AFS Perl API 2.2.2 release The AFS module bundle is a dynamically loadable extension to Perl. It gives the AFS user and administrator access to many of the AFS programming APIs, allowing you to make these calls directly from Perl, rather then processing the output of a command. The AFS module bundle is a thin layer above the low-level AFS APIs. Where To Get It The version 2.2.2 is now available at http://www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/perl/AFS-2.2.2.tar.gz http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/N/NO/NOG/AFS-2.2.2.tar.gz This release should work on all UNIX/Linux platforms which have AFS API interfaces and the appropriate C compilation environment. User visible changes in this release - improved test drivers - improved Make scripts including checks for Perl "unthreaded" version For more information about the current state of the AFS Perl API, check my "AFS Perl API Kwiki" site at: http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/kwiki/nog/afsperl/ Share and Enjoy! Norbert -- Ceterum censeo | PGP encrypted mail preferred. Redmond esse delendam. | PGP Key at www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/ ...

Scale Transformation #2
Hi, We have a questionnaire with different scales (7 point and 5 point) fielded in different countries, and we need to do a segmentation with the data. So there is dual challenge of cultural differences and scale differences. Would like to get help and suggestions on how to tackle these. 1) For the clustering itself we would need to center the data around the global mean, but how do we do that with different scales. 2) And after the clustering what would be the best possible way to report the segment numbers by individual country (For ex. What percent of respondents fall in the top box on several profiling measures within the country by segment). Any help / suggestions are appreciated. Many thanks. ...

Can Matlab do this? #2
Can this be done in Matlab? This is a paragraph, there are equations... if we display it in Latex, we have to add (manually) /begin{equation}, and /end{equation} in front of and after the equations.. Is there a way that we can use Matlab to do a script that automatically do the translation? Output should be able to directly shown in Latex... -------------------------------------- Your series was f(t) = 1 + 4/pi sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1)/(2n+1) cos((2n+1) pi t/2) Note that cos((2n+1) pi t/2) = Re exp((2n+1) pi i t/2). So let's find sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1)/(2n+1) exp((2n+1) pi i t/2). This is g(w) = sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1) w^(2n+1)/(2n+1) where w = exp(pi i t/2). --------------- "kiki" <lunaliu3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dgpn3q$80c$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Can this be done in Matlab? > > > This is a paragraph, > > there are equations... > > if we display it in Latex, we have to add (manually) > /begin{equation}, and /end{equation} > in front of and after the equations.. Aaah, I just found we don't need "/begin{equation}" and "/end{equation}", .... just need "$$", "$$"... more thoughts now? > > Is there a way that we can use Matlab to do a script that automatically do > the translation? > > Output should be able to directly shown in Latex... > > -------------------------------------- > > > > Your series was > f(t...

From Z-transform to Laplace
Hello, I have a transfer function from ARMA or AR model having some high order. I want to obtain H(s). My approach is to assume that H(s) will have a form that will result in a high H(z) ARMA/AR model , and find a relation between these two!! I would appertiate any suggestion or comment, On 17 Jun, 12:28, "m.alawieh" <m.alaw...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a transfer function from ARMA or AR model having some high order. I > want to obtain H(s). > My approach is to assume that H(s) will have a form that will result in a > high H(z) ARMA/AR model , and find a relation between these two!! > > I would appertiate any suggestion or comment, One way you might try, is to separate the ARMA model into biquads and then use the Bilinear Transform. Rune m.alawieh wrote: > Hello, > > I have a transfer function from ARMA or AR model having some high order. I > want to obtain H(s). Obtain H(S) in what sense? Least squares, equripple, BLT, IID ? > My approach is to assume that H(s) will have a form that will result in a > high H(z) ARMA/AR model , and find a relation between these two!! Ill problem and a bad idea to do that. H(Z) and H(S) are two different beasts. There can't be direct relationship. Especially as you are dealing with the ARMA models. > I would appertiate any suggestion or comment, Solve for the roots in Z domain, then map the roots to S domain. You will get the peculiar function in...

laplace transforms #3
HI there. I have done out this differential equation below using laplace transforms. d^2i/dt^2+a(di/dt)+bi(t)=detla(t-5) given i(0)=0 and i"(0)=c But i would like to check using matlab. Any help on how to start this would be great. thank you for your attention. dominick ...

Matlab freezes #2
Hello Friends, I have written an application(some .m files) in R2007b version of Matlab. I am running this code on a remote server and I am running Matlab2008b in this server. What happens is that the execution of the code simply freezes. Is it possible to have a software watchdog timer kindof thingy that can solve this problem? Thanks, LFG "LFG Tech" wrote in message <ir0r0s$3ht$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello Friends, > > I have written an application(some .m files) in R2007b version of Matlab. I am running this code on a remote server and I am running Matlab2008b in this server. What happens is that the execution of the code simply freezes. Is it possible to have a software watchdog timer kindof thingy that can solve this problem? > > > Thanks, > LFG Another point - i mentioned a watchdog timer in Matlab kind of situation. But, since that is in code as well, wld it also not freeze ? I want it to be independant from the execution of the application, just monitor this execution from the outside/. Or is it possible to generate the reports for each and every line or such , a very verbose report for each iteration? Refards, LFG. "LFG Tech " <vinodkaruvat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ir0rfr$553$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > "LFG Tech" wrote in message <ir0r0s$3ht$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... >> Hello Friends, >> >> I have written an application(some .m files) in...

Ridgelet transform #2
Hello, I am student of Czech Technical University and I am trying to make my own ridgelet transform (First generation) in matlab. Everything works well except for 1D wavelet transformation. I am using as mother wavelet those numbers: [1 4 6 4 1]/16. Then apply convolution of row and mother wavelet. (1D wavelet transform). Is this process correct? Because after application of 1D wavelet transform I was expecting Approximation and Detail (mostly noise - for noisy image) coefficients. But it is not true Thanks for any response Tomas ...

gabor transform #2
Someone can help me with the Gabor Transform? I have no idea as to implement this on Matlab or Simulink. Exist a predefined function? ...

Laplace Transform Error?!?!?!?!
%% syms s t y g = ['heaviside(t) - heaviside(t-(pi)) *(2) + heaviside(t-(2*pi))*(2)- heaviside(t-(3*pi))*(2) + heaviside(t-(4*pi))*(2) -heaviside(t-(5*pi))*(2)+ heaviside(t-(6*pi))*(2) -heaviside(t-(7*pi))*(2) + heaviside(t-(8*pi))*(2) -heaviside(t-(9*pi))*(2) +heaviside(t-(10*pi))*(2)']; eqn = sym(['D(D(y)(t)+ y(t)='g]); lteqn = laplace(eqn, t, s); neweqn=subs(lteqn,{laplace(y(t),t,s)','y(0)','D(y)(0)'},{Y,1,1}); ytrans = solve(neweqn, Y); y=ilaplace(ytrans,s,t); I do not understand what I am doing wrong. On 11/15/2011 7:08 PM, Makaya wrote: snip... > > > I do not understand what I am doing wrong. you have synatx error. I get ??? eqn = sym(['D(D(y)(t)+ y(t)='g]); | Error: Unexpected MATLAB expression. --Nasser On 16.11.11 02:08, Makaya wrote: > %% > syms s t y > g = ['heaviside(t) - heaviside(t-(pi)) *(2) + heaviside(t-(2*pi))*(2)- heaviside(t-(3*pi))*(2) + heaviside(t-(4*pi))*(2) -heaviside(t-(5*pi))*(2)+ heaviside(t-(6*pi))*(2) -heaviside(t-(7*pi))*(2) + heaviside(t-(8*pi))*(2) -heaviside(t-(9*pi))*(2) +heaviside(t-(10*pi))*(2)']; > eqn = sym(['D(D(y)(t)+ y(t)='g]); > lteqn = laplace(eqn, t, s); > neweqn=subs(lteqn,{laplace(y(t),t,s)','y(0)','D(y)(0)'},{Y,1,1}); > ytrans = solve(neweqn, Y); > y=ilaplace(ytrans,s,t); > > > I do not understand what I am doing wrong. 1. You do not explain what you e...

Web resources about - laplace transformation #2 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Transformation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mardi Gras 2016 Sydney: ‘My transformation into a drag queen’
I HAVE a new-found respect for women and the transgender community, but more than anything I have superior praise for drag queens.

It's a Wrap: Highlights From the 2016 4A's Transformation Conference
... and what's not working." Nancy Hill, CEO of the 4A's, defended the ad industry and highlighted a number of positives at the annual Transformation ...

AfDB President Commits to Support Liberia's Transformation Agenda
The President of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB), Akinwumi Adesina, has pledged to support Liberia's effort to diversify its economy, ...

Ginni the Eagle: IBM’s corporate 'transformation'
... documents sent to me by laid-off IBMers, but mainly I’m here to explain the literal impossibility of Big Blue’s self-described "transformation" ...

Schlumberger Limited Transformation Boosted By Cameron International Corporation Deal
Bidness Etc looks at how the Cameron deal would help Schlumberger Ltd (NYSE:SLB) with its planned transformation.

We're seeing the first signs of a big risk in Google's Alphabet transformation
A handful of recent reports highlight the importance — and in some cases weakness — of one of the big ideas behind Alphabet's operating structure. ...

"Writing my wrongs": Convicted killer on life transformation
Shaka Senghor made a deadly mistake 30 years ago, but he says his life today is proof that "humans are redeemable"

Fossil Fuels Lose Out In Japan’s Power Sector Transformation
Fossil fuels are set to lose out as Japan continues its on-going power sector transformation, according to the Institute for Energy Economics ...

CIOs who master digital transformations will win CEO jobs
... altering the business landscape, Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff says that the CEO is working closely with the CIO to architect digital transformations. ...