LaTeX interpreter for axis label text

I am unhappy with the appearance of my axis label when I use the LaTeX interpreter in Matlab.

ylabel('$\frac{F}{F_{min}}$','Interpreter','LaTex','FontSize',20)

The fraction symbol is not evenly positioned between F and F_min. It appears directly underneath the F, making it look quite horrid. The interpreter also decides to position the F_max too close to y-axis numbers, distorting the alignment of 'ax' in F_max.

Am I invoking the interpreter incorrectly somehow?? The same syntax in TeXWorks achieves exactly what I want....

0
Matthias

Hi Matthias,

Just wondering if you had any look with this? I have the same problem, especially with axis lables. What you are doing looks correct to me...

Regards,

Dom.

"Matthias " <matthew.goddard@bcf.uni-freiburg.de> wrote in message <ik5sai$63u$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I am unhappy with the appearance of my axis label when I use the LaTeX interpreter in Matlab.
>
> ylabel('$\frac{F}{F_{min}}$','Interpreter','LaTex','FontSize',20)
>
> The fraction symbol is not evenly positioned between F and F_min. It appears directly underneath the F, making it look quite horrid. The interpreter also decides to position the F_max too close to y-axis numbers, distorting the alignment of 'ax' in F_max.
>
> Am I invoking the interpreter incorrectly somehow?? The same syntax in TeXWorks achieves exactly what I want....

0
eedjs (2)