latex '\.' tex '_'

Dear all,

I have a statement de_rm, d means derivate, rm is a subscript. I
have the folowing problem, when I use:
legend('e_rm','Interpreter','tex') is good for subscript,
legend('\.e','Interpreter','latex') is good for derivate. But how can
use this two things together?
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Gergo Nyiro wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a statement de_rm, d means derivate, rm is a subscript. I
> have the folowing problem, when I use:
> legend('e_rm','Interpreter','tex') is good for subscript,
> legend('\.e','Interpreter','latex') is good for derivate. But how can
> use this two things together?

Underscore means "subscript" in LaTex also.  So why can't you just put
the two together?
Although I'm not sure what '\.e' does.  I had never seen it before, and
it produces an error for me in MATLAB.
This works well for me:
legend('{\partial}e_{rm}','Interpreter','latex')

Idin Motedayen-Aval
The MathWorks
0
imoteday (163)
5/10/2007 8:53:17 PM
Idin Motedayen-Aval wrote:

> Gergo Nyiro wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have a statement de_rm, d means derivate, rm is a subscript.
>> have the folowing problem, when I use:
>> legend('e_rm','Interpreter','tex') is good for subscript,
>> legend('\.e','Interpreter','latex') is good for derivate. But
how
> can
>> use this two things together?
>
> Underscore means "subscript" in LaTex also. So why can't you just
> put
> the two together?
> Although I'm not sure what '\.e' does. I had never seen it before,
> and
> it produces an error for me in MATLAB.
> This works well for me:
> legend('{\partial}e_{rm}','Interpreter','latex')
>
> Idin Motedayen-Aval
> The MathWorks

Sorry for the wrong example, the '\.' command in the legend()
function it worked fine.
I just want to put a dot on 'e' and subscript 'rm' in the legend()
function. How can I do this?

Thanks for the spedd answer.

>> Underscore means "subscript" in LaTex also. So why can't
>> you just put the two together?
>> Although I'm not sure what '\.e' does. I had never seen
>> it before, and it produces an error for me in MATLAB.
>> This works well for me:
>> legend('{\partial}e_{rm}','Interpreter','latex')
>>
>> Idin Motedayen-Aval
>> The MathWorks

Previously I maked a failure.

Sorry for the wrong example, the '\.' command in the title() function
it worked fine.
I just want to put a dot on 'e' and subscript 'rm' in the legend()
function. How can I do this?

Thanks for the speed answer.
Gegro Nyiro wrote:
>>> Underscore means "subscript" in LaTex also. So why can't
>>> you just put the two together?
>>> Although I'm not sure what '\.e' does. I had never seen
>>> it before, and it produces an error for me in MATLAB.
>>> This works well for me:
>>> legend('{\partial}e_{rm}','Interpreter','latex')
>>>
>>> Idin Motedayen-Aval
>>> The MathWorks
>>>

> Previously I maked a failure.
>
> Sorry for the wrong example, the '\.' command in the title() function
> it worked fine.
> I just want to put a dot on 'e' and subscript 'rm' in the legend()
> function. How can I do this?
>
> Thanks for the speed answer.

Gegro,
Try this:
h = legend('');
set(h,'interpreter','latex','string','$${\dot e}_{rm}$$')

The '$$' puts LaTex in "math mode".

You could also do:
h=legend('$${\dot e}_{rm}$$')
set(h,'interpreter','latex')
But that produces warnings after the first line.

HTH,
Idin Motedayen-Aval
0
imoteday (163)