legend(...,'location','best') isn't?

In my m file, as the very last stage of creating a figure, I do

	legend(cellstr(legends),'location','best')

And it picks a "lousy" location for the legend.  If I then go into the
plot editor, select the legend, click the "manual" location radio button,
then click the "auto" location button, it puts it in a "good" location.

why isn't the legend call putting things in the "best" location to begin
with?

This is R2006a

Thanks!
Bruce

--
Bruce Bowler        | In peace, children bury their fathers; In war,

0
bbowler (241)