Load frequency Model with Matlab

Is there any load frequecy demo in Matlab. Or lets say, is  there any model in matlab with DFIG wind farm for frequency control studies? I am currently researchig on frequency control of power system with DFIG. I  need to see a Matlab demo to help me . I pray that someone will please reply  urgently to this message here or sent email to mzbernard@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Michael
0
mzbernard (11)

"Michael Bernard" <mzbernard@yahoo.com> wrote in message <jgqb12$d46$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Is there any load frequecy demo in Matlab. Or lets say, is  there any model in matlab with DFIG wind farm for frequency control studies? I am currently researchig on frequency control of power system with DFIG. I  need to see a Matlab demo to help me . I pray that someone will please reply  urgently to this message here or sent email to mzbernard@yahoo.com.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael

Maybe these links include information making your decision easier:
For applications
http://www.mathworks.com/products/simpower/demos.html?file=/products/demos/shipping/powersys/power_wind_dfig_det.html
http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/physmod/powersys/ug/f12-6566.html

Concerning the models used in the demos (look under 'Distributed Resources DR'):
http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/physmod/powersys/ref/f2-16412.html#f2-23611

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Panel VAR model and Spatial Panel VAR model with Matlab
Hi All of you, Do anyone has the Matlab code for estimating Panel VAR or Spatial Panel VAR model with their impulse response function? In Spatial Econometrics, I have only saw Matlab code for inivariate specification. I am studying monetary area effect of common monetary policy. Many thanks! Dieudonne Jeff ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

How to create a mechanical model in Matlab
Hi, I want to make a geometrical shape in matlab, like a rectangle, square and beam rod and i also want to add them to a make a complete picture comprises of these three shape, So how i can make these thing in matlab. Regards, "Jawwad Ansari" > I want to make a geometrical shape in matlab, like a rectangle, square and beam rod and i also want to add them to a make a complete picture comprises of these three shape, So how i can make these thing in matlab... a hint: http://www.mathworks.com/products/simmechanics/ us ...

Simulink model within MATLAB
hi ...

Alignment of 3D model with Matlab
Hallo evrybody, I have two VRML file (3d colored point cloud) and I want to align these models. i don't if there are an easy way to ensure this alignment with Matlab. Thx for your reply ...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

UNIX and Matlab, loading MAT files
Hi, I work with Matlab in Windows. For example I would like to run "model.m" and I need two matrixes of variables matrix1.mat a matrix2.mat for this model. So I write in command line: load matrix1 load matrix2 model(matrix1, matrix2) and it works fine. Now for the first time in my life I need to run such model in UNIX on background. General suggestion to run it is like this: matlab -nosplash -nodesktop -nodisplay -r "model(matrix1,matrix2)" Of course it doesn´t work because "unknown function or variable matrix1" appeared. So I need to load matrixes from command line before execution of "model" function. Probably it should look maybe somehow like this: matlab -nosplash -nodesktop -nodisplay -r "load(matrix1) -r "load(matrix2)" -r "model(matrix1,matrix2)" But it doesn´t work too. My question is: How to run model.m under UNIX if I need to load matrix1.mat a matrix2.mat before execution of function "model"? Regards, Jiri "Jiri " <jiri.komprda@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:jmgtf3$lgg$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi, > I work with Matlab in Windows. For example I would like to run "model.m" > and I need two matrixes of variables matrix1.mat a matrix2.mat for this > model. So I write in command line: > load matrix1 > load matrix2 > model(matrix1, matrix2) > and it works fine. > Now for the first time in my life I need t...

frequency offset, OFDM, BER and matlab
Dear all, I am trying to simulate OFDM baseband in AWGN with frequency offset and look for BER vs. Eb/No in matlab. I have used the form: r = s.*cfo + n; where: r = received signal with frequency offset s = transmitted signal n = noise and cfo = exp(j*2*pi*freqOffset*(0:length(s)-1)) freqOffset = normalised frequency offset. But I havent get the proper BER vs. Eb/No figure. Could somebody help me and give me an idea how to simulate frequency offset with matlab and get BER please. Thanks. Awi On Apr 10, 3:32 pm, "awi" <nmaed...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I am trying to simulate OFDM baseband in AWGN with frequency offset > and look for BER vs. Eb/No in matlab. > I have used the form: > > r = s.*cfo + n; > > where: r = received signal with frequency offset > s = transmitted signal > n = noise > and > cfo = exp(j*2*pi*freqOffset*(0:length(s)-1)) > > freqOffset = normalised frequency offset. > > But I havent get the proper BER vs. Eb/No figure. What do you mean by the "proper" BER figure? Do you mean the theoretical figure? If so, where do you get this theoretical figure from? -- Oli On Apr 10, 10:43 am, "Oli Charlesworth" <c...@olifilth.co.uk> wrote: > What do you mean by the "proper" BER figure? Do you mean the > theoretical figure? If so, where do you get this theoretical figure > from? > Good ...

how remove unwanted high frequencies in MATLAB?
Hi. I have one problem. I have a data vector. for example : data=rand(1,n) ; n=100; I want to obtain discrete fourier transform of it by DCT command. and then,by a low-pass filter,remove unwanted high frequencies of larger than f1. f1 is determined. and finally , again convert filtered data from discrete frequency domain to data vector (that is in spatial domain,no time domain). also, my low-pass filter (Fun(f)) is ideal . i.e : Fun(f) =1 ; f<f1 Fun(f) = 0 ; f>f1 is there anyone who know " how remove unwanted high frequencies in matlab "? please give me a code for it. best wishes... ghasem there isn't any help? On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:37:08 AM UTC+12, ghasem wrote: > there isn't any help? What an impatient person you are!! I'm sorry, but I had breakfast before answering your post. If I'd realised you were in such a hurry, I'd have skipped breakfast and even a shower and answered you when I first go up. My answer is: help ifft > What an impatient person you are!! > I'm sorry, but I had breakfast before answering your post. > If I'd realised you were in such a hurry, I'd have skipped breakfast and even a shower and answered you when I first go up. > My answer is: > help ifft ======== I'm sorry...you are right. I don't have enough time...my project is very complicated and take one year to finish it... thank you very much fro your attention. but I want to us...

about exporting data so that matlab can load
Hi there, I am running a numerical simulation on huge data set in c++. I want to export the results in some way so matlab can load and plot in 3D mode. Someone recommended to use the matlab build-in library to export the data as .mat format but the problem is my code will be compiled and execulted in 4 different performs, I don't want to incorporate that into my code. In my case, I have 10 matrices each is about 2000x2000 to output. I am looking for some way to export the .mat without using matlab's library. I found two solutions: matio (for some reason, it doesn't work, so many errors in compilation) and hdf5 (but it doesn't compile in mingw32 in windows), any other suggestions to make it work? Thanks On 5/20/2012 9:47 PM, Ki wrote: >I am looking for some way to export the .mat >without using matlab's library If you can't find such library, why not use ascii? I think the safest way to exchange numerical data between different programs/platforms is to export it as ascii and import as ascii then do the necessary conversion to binary afterwords. From your c++ you export the numerical result as ASCII formatted (using the correct printf formatted for your numerical data). And in Matlab you can then read yourself or use something like dlmread. The point is, I think it is better to avoid binary data when moving data around. Just a thought. --Nasser Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I agree that to save in ascii is a good way. What I am...

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

modeling Rayleigh-fading channel in Matlab
Hi experts, I need to Model Rayleigh-fading channel (P channel) in Matlab (two multipaths only). I recall that I read somewhere that it can be modeled as number_of_symbols= 100000x1 channel = abs(randn(size(number_of_symbols)) + 1i*randn(size(number_of_symbols))); is this correct? If not, what is the correct way ? Any comment on it will be appreciated. Regards, MT On Tue, 07 May 2013 13:58:58 -0500, mite_learner wrote: > Hi experts, > > I need to Model Rayleigh-fading channel (P channel) in Matlab (two > multipaths only). I recall that I read somewhere that it can be modeled > as > > > number_of_symbols= 100000x1 > channel = abs(randn(size(number_of_symbols)) + > 1i*randn(size(number_of_symbols))); > > is this correct? If not, what is the correct way ? Any comment on it > will be appreciated. > > Regards, > MT Well, if Wikipedia's entry on Rayleigh fading is correct, no. You're only capturing two quadrants of the fading, and your "fading" has no time dependence. Lose the 'abs' and you'll solve the two-quadrant problem, but not the time dependence part. Most real channels that exhibit Rayleigh fading will show some time dependence. Specifically, the fading will be low-pass filtered in some way that depends on your problem (and in the case of fading due to fixed- geometry multipath, your problem will change if one or the other antennas...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorpor...

STFT and median frequency of EMG signal in MATLAB
I am using MATLAB to analyse EMG signals. So far I have rectified the data and performed a STFT (using a Hamming Window). I am now looking to calculate the median frequency of the power spectrum and would be grateful if someone could advise me on the best way to do this. Thanks On Jan 24, 9:21=A0am, "marieclare" <marieclare.mccormick@n_o_s_p_a_m.uws.ac.uk> wrote: > I am using MATLAB to analyse EMG signals. =A0So far I have rectified the = data > and performed a STFT (using a Hamming Window). =A0I am now looking to > calculate the median frequency of the power spectrum and would be gratefu= l > if someone could advise me on the best way to do this. > > Thanks Going to Google and putting "median frequency" in the search window yields the second entry as Median Frequency Calculation The median frequency of a spectrum is calculated in two steps: 1) The Intensity in the signal in the whole spectrum is summed, and divided by 2 2) The frequency is selected at which the cumulative intensity (i.e. all the intensity values for frequencies lower and including the focal intensity) first exceeds the value calculated in step 1. So, what's the problem? On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:21:59 -0600, "marieclare" <marieclare.mccormick@n_o_s_p_a_m.uws.ac.uk> wrote: >I am using MATLAB to analyse EMG signals. So far I have rectified the data >and performed a STFT (using a Hamming Window). I am now looking to >calculate ...

How to calculate frequency response of a lattice structure in Matlab?
Many stages, is there any easy way to get the response? On Feb 6, 2:47 pm, "yijun_l...@yahoo.com" <yijun_l...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Many stages, is there any easy way to get the response? Depending on the type of lattice filter you have (FIR, IIR), the various forms of the latc2tf() function will convert the lattice filter reflection coefficients and ladder taps into the equivalent numerator/denominator coefficients that you would use in a direct-form implementation. You can then pass these values into freqz() to see the frequency response. Jason yijun_lily@yahoo.com wrote: > Many stages, is there any easy way to get the response? Why not get the impulse response and calculate the FFT of that. Erik -- +-----------------------------------------------------------+ Erik de Castro Lopo +-----------------------------------------------------------+ "We can build a better product than Linux" -- Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating-system chief, Jim Allchin. One has to wonder why, with their huge resources, they haven't. ...

Econometrics Modeling and Simulation Using Matlab and Stata
The course is a special course in Econometrics Application and Use of Matlab and Stata. The course is equally important to the beginners and advanced learners in Econometrics who want to blend the two packages for experimenting with their modeling and analysis. The main objective of the course is to introduce the theory and application of Econometrics and how to use the powerful math tool, the Matlab and Programming using Stata. Objective of the course is specifically to develop strong academic knowledge in Econometrics, using Econometrics for Analysis, Matlab programming and Stata. The course is planned in three sections: 12 Weeks/Three Month Long Sessions Eight Week/Two Months Sessions Four Weeks/One Month Sessions Registration starts today: April 07, 2012 Registration ends: May 15, 2012 Course Begins: May 21, 2012 Main contents are: • Regression Analysis • Utility Functions • Regression Diagnostics • VAR and Error Correction Models • Markov Chain Monte Carlo Models • Limited Dependent Variable Models • Simultaneous Equation Models All these topics will be discussed in context of Matlab and Stata The course fee structure For Individuals: • Default: 500GBP for three months, • Can Be Requested: 350 for two months • Can Be Requested : 250 for One Month Special For Groups/Institutions: • Default: 1000GBP for Three Months, • Can Be Requested : 750 for Two ¬¬¬¬¬Months Selected topics will be offered during t...

Web resources about - Load frequency Model with Matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Three cyclically flashing lights, from lowest frequency (top) to highest frequency (bottom). For each light, "f" is the frequency in hertz (Hz) ...

Frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Three cyclically flashing lights, from lowest frequency (top) to highest frequency (bottom). For each light, "f" is the frequency in hertz (Hz) ...

Penthouse Reduces Print Frequency, Hires Editor
The “ Penthouse in print is dead… Wait, no it’s not, wait, yes it is! ” story is officially over. The New York Post reports that Penthouse will ...

What is CPU frequency scaling?
One of the most important (and obvious) characteristics of mobile computing is that mobile devices use batteries rather than being plugged into ...

Twitter Unveils New ‘Trust and Safety Council’ Featuring Feminist Frequency
Twitter has announced a new “Trust and Safety council” for the service, including controversial web series Feminist Frequency.

ZTE and China Mobile Jointly Announce Latest 5G High-Frequency Prototype
Business Wire (press release) ZTE and China Mobile Jointly Announce Latest 5G High-Frequency Prototype Business Wire (press release) SHENZHEN, ...

Experimental Study Shows Marijuana Slashes Frequency Of Migraines
Experimental Study Shows Marijuana Slashes Frequency Of Migraines

What goes up must come down. Except the frequency of New Year's celebratory gunfire: GunFAIL CLXXIV
Wow, what a week! By now you’ve noticed that the hunting accidents are on the decline, but longtime followers of GunFAIL know very well that ...

‘Frequency’: Lenny Jacobson Joins The CW Reboot; Isiah Whitlock Jr. In Fox’s ‘Charity Case’
Lenny Jacobson ( Big Time In Hollywood, FL ) is set as a series regular opposite Peyton List and Riley Smith in Frequency , the CW's drama pilot ...

FreQuency mode comes to Amplitude reboot
The rebooted Amplitude will feature a FreQuency mode which turns the otherwise flat tracks into 3D tunnels. "In the original Amplitude , we ...