Can a 32 bit native C DLL written be loaded into matlab 64 bit?  I've not found anything regarding this in the matlab online documentation - have I missed something?

Thanks,

Ian
0
ibell (13)
9/10/2009 3:32:01 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

"Ian Bell" <ibell@instepsystems.com> wrote in message <h89rvh$kuc$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Can a 32 bit native C DLL written be loaded into matlab 64 bit?  I've not found anything regarding this in the matlab online documentation - have I missed something?

Possibly no.

Bruno
0
b.luong5955 (6401)
9/10/2009 6:21:03 AM
"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <h8a5sf$j0m$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Ian Bell" <ibell@instepsystems.com> wrote in message <h89rvh$kuc$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Can a 32 bit native C DLL written be loaded into matlab 64 bit?  I've not found anything regarding this in the matlab online documentation - have I missed something?
>
> Possibly no.
>
> Bruno

Sorry, but your response does not appear to answer either question, which should be yes or no.  Can Matlab64 call functions in a 32 bit C DLL?  Is this documented anywhere?

Thanks,

Ian
0
ibell (13)
9/10/2009 1:20:18 PM
"Ian Bell" <ibell@instepsystems.com> wrote in message <h8auei$e0a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <h8a5sf$j0m$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > "Ian Bell" <ibell@instepsystems.com> wrote in message <h89rvh$kuc$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > > Can a 32 bit native C DLL written be loaded into matlab 64 bit?  I've not found anything regarding this in the matlab online documentation - have I missed something?
> >
> > Possibly no.
> >
> > Bruno
>
> Sorry, but your response does not appear to answer either question, which should be yes or no.  Can Matlab64 call functions in a 32 bit C DLL?  Is this documented anywhere?

The incompatibiluty lies on the system side, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not documented by Mathworks (I have bumps in similar thing few months ago but with Mex programming that call external DLL, so it's kind of far away). "Possibly" because it might have a workaround (as with many computer problems) but I suspect with a lot of effort for hacking the thing.

http://www.dnjonline.com/article.aspx?id=jun07_access3264

So the answer for both questions is still "Possibly" no. That's the best I can offer.

Bruno
0
b.luong5955 (6401)
9/10/2009 1:48:03 PM
The answer is no. I have been trying to work around it but keep failing. An option is to install 32bit MATLAB on your 64bit machine.
0
toxiccool (3)

32-bit Matlab on 64-bit Linux
Hi, I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I currently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. I saw this suggestion from somebody- http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/100595 "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 version of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .mexglx files, start Matlab with 'matlab -glnx86'." So I decided to search if this was actually possible and I found two threads from mathworks.com which I personally believe contradict each other with their answers- http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-O7POO/ http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1CAT7/ So my question is whether 32-bit matlab can be installed on a 64bit machine ? Thanks On Sep 29, 1:09=A0pm, "Gautam " <gautam.iiith...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I cu= rrently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. > > I saw this suggestion from somebody-http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral= /newsreader/view_thread/100595 > "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 ver= sion of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. = Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .m...

32 bit compiler on Matlab 64 bit
Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? Thanks, Saba "Saba El-Hilo" <selhilo@sfu.ca> wrote in message <j7np4m$mae$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? > I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? The last time I check: No you still can't. Bruno ...

create 32 bit mex files from 64 bit matlab?
platform: osx, intel matlab: 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), 64-bit (maci64), August 12, 2009 I want to create .mexmaci files using mex, but it looks like I have no way to create them using the mex that ships with this version of matlab. Even if I use 'mex -arch maci ', it still only creates '.mexmaci64' files. Is there a simple way around this, or do I have to keep a 32 bit version of matlab around to create the '.mexmaci' files? Regards, Sriram Sriram Swaminarayan wrote, On 10/2/2009 7:49 AM: > platform: osx, intel > matlab: 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), 64-bit (maci64), August 12, 2009 > > I want to create .mexmaci files using mex, but it looks like I have no way to create them using the mex that ships with this version of matlab. > > Even if I use 'mex -arch maci ', it still only creates '.mexmaci64' files. > > Is there a simple way around this, or do I have to keep a 32 bit version of matlab around to create the '.mexmaci' files? The latter. The mex file needs to link against the appropriate 32bit Matlab libraries, which are only available with the 32bit installation. Dan On 2 Okt, 15:49, "Sriram Swaminarayan" <sri...@lanl.gov> wrote: > platform: osx, intel > matlab: 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), 64-bit (maci64), August 12, 2009 > > I want to create .mexmaci files using mex, but it looks like I have no wa= y to create them using the mex that ships with this version of matlab. =A0 > &g...

matlab 32 bit operation 64 bit operation caculation precision
Hi I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference. The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication difference . ??? Error using ==> svd Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf. Error in ==> pinv at 29 [U,S,V] = svd(A,0); First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by digit lenght in bit 32 and bit 64.But I'm not sure. Second, How can I do to get the same result in bit32 and 64 bit . Do I need to control digit length in bit 64 operation . Thanks Thanks "Feng " <shi01fg@163.com> wrote in message <j4ee4l$smt$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi > > I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference. The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication > difference . > ??? Error using ==> svd > Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf. > > Error in ==> pinv at 29 > [U,S,V] = svd(A,0); > > First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by digit lenght i...

Can ActiveX server on 64-bit MATLAB open a 32-bit app?
Hello, Does anybody know if the ActiveX server of 64-bit MATLAB can open a 32-bit application running on a 64-bit Windows 7? It looks like I lost this capability after upgrading to 64-bit machine... Thank you! Did you find the solution? As per http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/preparing-for-64-bit-windows.html it cannot. Phil. ...

Installation dependencies for 32-bit matlab 2010a student on 64-bit Fedora 14
While installing the 32-bit version of the Matlab 2010a Student Edition on a new 64-bit Fedora 14 machine, you may see messages such as the following: /tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/install/main.sh: /tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/bin/glnx86/xsetup: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory or /tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/bin/glnx86/xsetup: error while loading shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory or /tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/bin/glnx86/xsetup: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory or Could not find JRE for glnxa64. Trying glnx86. The following is a list of things you need to do in order to prepare your Fedora 14 system for installation of 32-bit matlab 2010a student edition: * Before installation, set SElinux security permissions on the installation binaries: chcon -t execmem_exec_t '/tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/bin/glnx86/xsetup' .... you may have to modify the above path to point to the location of the install binaries. * Before installation, use 'yum' to install the following 32-bit libraries: glibc.i686 glibc-common.i686 libXmu.i686 zlib.i686 java-1.6.0-openjdk.i686 ** Before running the desktop, use 'yum' to install the following 32-bi...

mex error on 64-bit Mac OS 10.6 (running 32 bit Matlab)
Hi, I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error: mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in treeProbabilities.o, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmx.dylib, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture ??? Error using ==> feval Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci': dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable image found. Did find: /Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong architecture. Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help w...

Windows 7 64-bit, Matlab 2011a 64 bit and NI-PCI6534
I am using a win7 64 machine and have Matlab 2011a 64 bit (with all toolboxes) installed. I have a National Instruments PCI digital I/O card that I'm looking to mess with (I have 9.3 version of NI-DAQmx installed). The problem is I can't seem to figure out how to talk to this card. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, Jason ...

32 bits *.dll for 64 bits compiling
Hello, I use 64 bits AIX 5.3 and all programs compiled on it are compiled as 64 bits mode using xlC and I've got a *.dll library which is 32 bits mode. Is it possible to use this dll library compiling it in 64 bit mode? In other way I want to use this library adding it to code, which is compiled in 64 bits mode (xlC -q64 ...). Have any idea how to do this or maybe it is no possible? Tom tomej@tlen.pl wrote: > I use 64 bits AIX 5.3 and all programs compiled on it are compiled as > 64 bits mode using xlC and I've got a *.dll library which is 32 bits > mode. Is it possible to use this dll library compiling it in 64 bit > mode? In other way I want to use this library adding it to code, which > is compiled in 64 bits mode (xlC -q64 ...). > Have any idea how to do this or maybe it is no possible? I would copy the DLL to a Windows system and use it there. Yours, Laurenz Albe Why? ..dll files are WINDOWS Dynamic Link Library files... not AIX. tomej@tlen.pl wrote: > I use 64 bits AIX 5.3 and all programs compiled on it are compiled as > 64 bits mode using xlC and I've got a *.dll library which is 32 bits > mode. Is it possible to use this dll library compiling it in 64 bit > mode? In other way I want to use this library adding it to code, which > is compiled in 64 bits mode (xlC -q64 ...). > Have any idea how to do this or maybe it is no possible? With respect to nomenclature, a .dll (as has been pointed out) implies that it...

A general problem in 64-bit Matlab with establishing connections to 64-bit ODBC databases
I have tried to connect to MS Access database (Windows 7, Matlab 2011 both 64 bits) but I got the same error as for a SQL server connection: conn =3D database('DRIVER=3D{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=3DC:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\database\dbdemos \tutorial.mdb', '', '') conn =3D Instance: 'DRIVER=3D{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=3DC:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\database\dbdemos \tutorial.mdb' UserName: '' Driver: [] URL: [] Constructor: [1x1 com.mathworks.toolbox.database.databaseConnect] Message: '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid string or buffer length Please verify that login information and database url are valid.' Handle: 0 TimeOut: [] AutoCommit: 'off' Type: 'Database Object' For MS SQL server 2008 I managed to get around with jdbc driver provided by Microsoft but I cannot find anything similar for MS Access. I have spent today half day looking for such driver on MS web site but without much success. Does anyone know if such driver is available? I guess any jdbc =96 odbc bridge for 64-bit systems would be good too. Kirill ...

Where is Matlab executable for 32 and 64 bit?
Basic question here: I downloaded R2011b in both the 64 and 32 bit versions (need 32 bit for opendap and OrcaFlex). I want to run the 32- bit version as part of a Windows scheduled task, so I need the full path name to the Matlab executable. Is the following correct: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b\bin\matlab.exe - This is the 32- bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011b\bin - This is the 64-bit version ke <kateedwards11@hotmail.com> wrote in message <dcc968f6-95eb-4fdf-8932-8a16ecdf34c9@d4g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>... > Basic question here: I downloaded R2011b in both the 64 and 32 bit > versions (need 32 bit for opendap and OrcaFlex). I want to run the 32- > bit version as part of a Windows scheduled task, so I need the full > path name to the Matlab executable. Is the following correct: > C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b\bin\matlab.exe - This is the 32- > bit version > C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011b\bin - This is the 64-bit > version You have it backwards. x86 is 32bit. ...

matlab 32 and 64 bit parallel install
Hello, is it save to install the 32bit and 64bit Matlab 2009b parallel on Windows (Vista) 64 bit? Any recommendations? The problem behind: Some of the toolboxes are only on ML 32bit available. Most of my simulations run on 64 bit, but some other models require the toolboxes shipped only with the 32bit version. Thanks Olaf Olaf <noreplay@inder.net> wrote in message <hbs9b8$auf$1@fuerst.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>... > Hello, > > is it save to install the 32bit and 64bit Matlab 2009b parallel on > Windows (Vista) 64 bit? Any recommendations? The problem behind: Some of > the toolboxes are only on ML 32bit available. Most of my simulations run > on 64 bit, but some other models require the toolboxes shipped only with > the 32bit version. I have installed both and they run smoothly. Bruno "Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <hbsaik$2bb$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Olaf <noreplay@inder.net> wrote in message <hbs9b8$auf$1@fuerst.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>... > > Hello, > > > > is it save to install the 32bit and 64bit Matlab 2009b parallel on > > Windows (Vista) 64 bit? Any recommendations? The problem behind: Some of > > the toolboxes are only on ML 32bit available. Most of my simulations run > > on 64 bit, but some other models require the toolboxes shipped only with > > the 32bit version. > > I have installed both and they run smoothly. > ...

64-bit with 32-bit
This may be off topic I have Access 2010 32-bit installed on a Windows 7 64-bit computer. I am writing a dot net add-on for SolidWorks EPDM that will get data from a MDB. It requires the 64-bit "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 driver which is available from the download site. The installer requires that all Office 32-bit applications be uninstalled before installing the 64-bit driver. Will I be able to re-install the 32-bit version of Access? If so will the 2 version behave? ...

32-bit or 64-bit
hi, i have two questions: 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? Thanking you, regards, kiran hi, KIRAN MN wrote: > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? lsconf bootinfo -y (not sure about is this is proc or kernel) lsattr -El proc0 > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? ls -la / unix -> /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 --> means 64 Bit-Kernel > > is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? > > Thanking you, > regards, > kiran regards Volker man bootinfo "KIRAN MN" <kiranmn@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht news:439b2f2e.0310130720.3259b751@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? > > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? > > is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? > > Thanking you, > regards, > kiran You should use: 1. bootinfo -y for architecture 2. bootinfo -K for enabled kernel "KIRAN MN" <kiranmn@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:439b2f2e.0310130720.3259b751@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? > > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or...

32 bit External procedures (DLL) on 64 bit Oracle/Windows 3000
Hi Can an external procedure developed in a 32 bit environment (Win XP, Delphi 5, Oracle 9.2) be deployed in 64 bit environment (Windows 3000 Server Entr. / Oracle 9.2 - both 64 bit)? I did get the external procedure to work in the 32 bit environment, but when it's deployed in the 64 bit environment i get: ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Fejl ved indl=E6sning af eksternt bibliotek <above is in Danish - sorry about that!> ORA-06522: Unable to load DLL Now, there seems to be something like a trillion things that can go wrong when you try to get an external procedure to work, so if anybody has the definite answer to 32/64 bit question I'd be delighted. Tia Kenneth ...

Multithreading: Different in 64 and 32 Bit Versions of Matlab?
Dear all, I just upgraded to a Windows 7 64 bit box, multicore, 6GB. I installed the 32 bit as well as the 64 bit version of Matlab 2008b (I'm currently stuck with this version). I checked that both versions are actually able to use multithreading using the following code, which led to the use of 4 cores: a = rand(40000,1); for k=1:20000; b=log(a); end Now I let my real world code (pure Matlab) run on both versions: 1.) The 64 bit version make much less use of multithreading. The exact same code runs in the 32 Bit Matlab on 4 cores, and on the 64 bit Matlab only on 1 core. 2.) For some reason, there is not that much of a speed difference. Both Matlab versions take about the same amount of time running that code. The code is complex and it's hard to provide a good minimized example illustrating these effects. But for example, I'm using fmincon, which should gain a lot from multithreading since the computation of the derivatives can be computed in parallel, does not get much slower on the 64 bit Matlab, although it just uses one core. This also holds similarly for other functions I use, for example lsqnonlin. What is going on here? Can somebody tell me more about this behavior? Thanks in advance... What is going on here? I'm having a very similar problem. The 64 bit version of Matlab uses less cores than the 32 Bit version. PS: Matlab 2009a, Parallel Computing Toolkit is NOT installed Dear Holger, > But for example, I...

dll running in macOS
Hi! I have a function that calls a dll file. If I run it in Matlab 2009b (32 bit), on Windows 7, it works fine. However, I now hwould like to run it on MacOS X, in Matlab version 2011b and it doen't work, since it's 64 bit. Is there a way to solve this? Thank you! Ivania "Ivania Pereira" <ivaniapereira@gmail.com> wrote in message <jka06c$7s5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi! > I have a function that calls a dll file. If I run it in Matlab 2009b (32 bit), on Windows 7, it works fine. However, I now hwould like to run it on MacOS X, in Matlab version 2011b and it doen't work, since it's 64 bit. Is there a way to solve this? Nope, dll and mex file are platform dependent (dll is windows specific). You need to get hold on the library file compiled for your MaxOS. Bruno ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER 12 284 IBM DB2 Connect Applic Server Edition V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 392 IBM DB2 Spatial Extender v8.1 64Bit Multilanguage 12 610 If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, TEL wrote: > 64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, > Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - > new ! > > Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 > > Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 > > Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 > > IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 > > IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 > > IBM DB2 UD...

C++ Mex file crashes matlab on 64bit linux, but not 32 bit windows, but program runs fine outside Matlab
Hello, I have written a mex gateway function to a C++ class. If I compile this mex function on 32Bit windows using R2008a I have no problems. If I compile and run on Matlab R2011a running 64bit Scientific Linux (a version of Red Hat Enterprize Linux) matlab exits with a segfault when the mexfunction is called, although it appears to run about halfway through the program. The C++ class can be compiled and run (with a main function) outside of Matlab on both platforms with no errors. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition on the windows machine, and gcc 4.4.5 on the Linux machine. Can anyone suggest what the cause of this might be and how I can I fix it? I am having a hard time debugging on Linux as I do not have access to a graphical debugger for use with matlab and am unfamiliar with gdb. This is compounded by the fact that the program compiles and runs fine when compiled as a standalone program. A zip file containing the code and data files necessary to reproduce the problem can be downloaded from http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~s0237326/downloads/mexcrash.zip. This zip file contains the .m and .cpp source code, and a text file for testing (Temp.fem). The file fmehsersetup.m shows the commands I am using to compile. The file Test_mexfmesher.m runs the mexfunction with an appropriate input for testing. The mex gateway function is mexfmesher.cpp, it calls the fmesher class which is made up of the files in the fmesher directory. Below is a backtrace from the se...

How to tell if a program compiled as 32-bit or 64-bit? (Windows Vista 64)
I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into AMD64 code? Thanks, Roy "Bad Roy" <AlaBadRoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e1t5e51mvn3hd721l4or8l1qr2vjiff069@4ax.com... > I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to > use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to > make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set > to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into > AMD64 code? > if it is a long-running process, you can use CTRL-ALT-DEL to get to task manager, and see if there is a '*32' by the name (although, verify that there are some other processes which do have this, to make sure this feature is present). alternatively, one can use the CMD shell, and then dumpbin, and see what it says... or via "printf("%p\n", &foo);" or similar (x64 if you see 16 hex digits, rather than 8), not that printf generally only works in console apps though, and doesn't do anything in GUI apps (nevermind that MSVC++ may complain when accessing the C API, as MS for whatever reason thought this was a good idea...). .... > Thanks, > Roy Bad Roy wrote: > I think I have...

component versions
According to MFC documentation, when you're writing an ActiveX component and you want to define its version, you are limited to a 32-bit number. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_COleControl.3a3a.ResetVersion.asp?frame=true But when you refer to the component, each of the major and minor versions can be 32 bits long, so the component can have a 64-bit version number: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/networking/moniker/reference/functions/cogetclassobjectfromurl.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/delivery/download/overview/managing.asp#mngver_spec Anyone have a clue what's going on? TIA, Faz ...

AIX 5L
Wanted to know about AIX 5L so I typed 'aix' into google the first link that comes out is www.ibm.com/servers/aix - so far so good so I clicked on it and got: 403 Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /servers/aix/ on this server. gee, it's nice to be wanted ;-) anyway, since I'm here (and I can't RTFM) can anyone tell me whether aix 5L is 64 bit with some kind of 32-bit emulation for 32-bit software, or do you have a choice of installing 32 or 64 bit versions of the OS ? I have a 32-bit app currently on 4.3.3, and would like to know what are the chances of it running OK on 5L without a recompile Many thanks Andy Andy Fish wrote: >Wanted to know about AIX 5L so I typed 'aix' into google > >the first link that comes out is www.ibm.com/servers/aix - so far so good > >so I clicked on it and got: >403 Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /servers/aix/ on this >server. >gee, it's nice to be wanted ;-) > Try again - it works fine... >anyway, since I'm here (and I can't RTFM) can anyone tell me whether aix 5L >is 64 bit with some kind of 32-bit emulation for 32-bit software, or do you >have a choice of installing 32 or 64 bit versions of the OS ? > >I have a 32-bit app currently on 4.3.3, and would like to know what are the >chances of it running OK on 5L without a recompile > >Many thanks > >Andy > > Plenty of people who read the manuals s...

64-bit vs 32-bit distros
I have a 64-bit AMD Athlon 3000 system. I'm trying out a bunch of distros, and I'm wondering whether it's better to get the 64-bit version when available. I have 1 GB of memory, and don't use memory-intensive apps right now, so that's not an issue. I wonder if 64-bit is really faster (significantly) than 32-bit. But I mainly wonder if, when a distro that comes with both versions, the two are equivalent in features and stability. Is it simply a recompile of the same code? If I try a 64 bit version of Fedora, is it exactly the same as the 32-bit version? Thanks for your input. -- Marty mjf at leftcoast-usa dot com Press Enter to Exit On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:28:20 +0000, Marty wrote: > I have a 64-bit AMD Athlon 3000 system. I'm trying out a bunch of distros, > and I'm wondering whether it's better to get the 64-bit version when > available. I assume you have a decent sized hard drive, why not do a couple of side-by-side comparisons and let us know. > > I have 1 GB of memory, and don't use memory-intensive apps right now, so > that's not an issue. I wonder if 64-bit is really faster (significantly) > than 32-bit. But I mainly wonder if, when a distro that comes with both > versions, the two are equivalent in features and stability. Is it simply a > recompile of the same code? If I try a 64 bit version of Fedora, is it > exactly the same as the 32-bit version? > > Thanks for your inp...

Web resources about - loading 32 bit DLL on 64 bit matlab? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

A loading screen is a picture shown by a computer program , often a video game , while the program is loading or initializing. In early video ...

Facebook Adds Mobile Reach Data To Insights, Cuts Back Loading Of Organic Stories
Facebook announced two changes to its insights Tuesday: the inclusion of mobile reach data, and the lowering of the number of organic stories ...

Facebook’s Fast-Loading and Free “0″ Mobile Site Launches
More than a quarter of Facebook’s users are accessing it through mobile devices every month, and the number of mobile useres is growing fast. ...

Search Twitter - witcher 3 loading
... are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh WCCFtech @ wccftechdotcom 31m The Witcher 3 Experiencing Loading ...

Gmail : Why does "?shva=1" get appended to the URL when loading Gmail?
Answer: "shva" is an acronym for "should have valid authentication"

Pfc. Joseph Salerna, 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, backs his Bradley Fighting Vehicle ...

Dishwasher Loading - Teenage Instructional Video #2 - YouTube
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/willreid.co Website: http://www.willreid.co Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/willreidco Well here it is! The ...

End to leave loading will recoup 'small beer'
End to leave loading will recoup 'small beer'

Penalty rates: Loadings for working weekends and holidays could be over
This could be the last Christmas millions of Australian workers will claim penalty rates for working on weekends and public holidays, unions ...

Google announces service to speed loading of news articles
Google shows off initiative to ensure news articles load more quickly on the web, but one name was conspicuously absent from the presentation. ...