looping analog input to analog output

I'm trying to take the analog input and stream it directly to analog output using an old keithley pci board (PCI-3108).

I can stream in for some interval but the output comes out as a discontinuous stream of packets with silence between during the same interval. The incoming signals are ~800/s (of a biological origin). The output packets contain about 50 impulses. Has this problem been solved?

0
saidel1 (1)

simple analog input and analog output loop gets buffer overflow- WHY??
Dear All, I have a USB-6211 DAQ and Labview 8.5, and NIDAQmx version 8.71 (the latest one?), running on windows XP The attached VI exits after about 4 seconds of execution with the overflow error: Error -200279 occurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:1 The example is very simple, involving a single loop containing a single channel AI (continuous sampling at 40 samples at rate of 4000 samples/sec), in parallel with a single channel AO, writing a DC value at 10 samples at 1000 samples/sec. Thus, both read and write should take about 100 mSec per iteration- still the AI buffer gets ...

routing analog input to analog output with digital input control
First of all, I apologize if there's a simple solution to this, but this pr= oblem is for someone else's project and I don't really have time to give th= e forum more than just a quick glance over. Here's what I want to do:<br><b= r>I have 2 analog signals I'd like to route through my PCI-6221 directly to= the analog outputs. Should the phase difference between input and output b= e small enough, then a digital trigger will control whether the inputs are = routed or not. Circuit-wise, this would be very easy but we don't have tha= t capability for a few we...

Analog Input value more than analog output
I am using DAQ 6014 card. I have made a differential connection. In the SCB 68 connector block, i have shorted the input and the output to check the values. But the analog input value i am reading in is always higher than my outut, why is this? say i give o/p s 4 volts, the i/p I read is 4.2 volts.. How to make both exactly same.. Thank you Hi You need to connect in following way: For connecting Different input channel 0 to DAC output channel 0 - connect Ch(0) - DAC0out Ch(8) - Aognd Are u connecting in above manner ? Still if you are facing problems, try connecting combination of differen...

Cont Analog input and Analog output in waveform
Dear mates, &nbsp; I am using PCI 6229 card to cont analog input a signal measured from a microphone, and phase-shifted, and cont output this shifted signal to drive a loudspeaker. &nbsp; I am using the example of 'Con Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk', which is combined with Con&nbsp;Acq Voltage Wfm-Int Clk'. &nbsp; Sampling rate is 10000&nbsp;samples/second. Samples per channel is 1000. &nbsp; is &nbsp;Analog 2D waveform is better than 2D DBL? &nbsp; When I try to run this program more than&nbsp;2 minutes, the analog output signal has some 'spikes&...

How to run analog input and analog output at the same time?
I have an MCC USB-2527 DAQ board that I wish to use the onboard analog input and analog output at the same time. My applications requires for every trigger signal, the analog output channel outputs a waveform to a laser diode, and the analog input channel should synchronously record the waveform received from an optical detector. i.e, I need to run analog input and analog output simultaneously. I found the getdata() and putdata() associated with an ai or ao objects are both block the the command lines, i.e., it's impossible to run two commands at the same time. How can I get around ...

difference in analog input and analog output values
i am using 6014 DAQ card for providing motor speed reference voltage to Driver and reading back speed feedback voltage using LabVIEW 6.0. For this i have used AO Single Update and AI Single scan. Both are in the same while loop.The loop has a Wait timer of 50ms. When i take a plot of Analog o/p and input, i get a shift between input and output. Why is the shift or the time not synchrnised..please help..When the while loop wait timer is 200ms instead of 50ms, the shift is not there. I believe the problem is 2 fold. First if you are using traditional DAQ, or DAQ 6.9.3 or before, the driver is...

How to run analog input and analog output at the same time
I have an MCC USB-2527 DAQ board that I wish to use the onboard analog input and analog output at the same time. My applications requires for every trigger signal, the analog output channel outputs a waveform to a laser diode, and the analog input channel should synchronously record the waveform received from an optical detector. i.e, I need to run analog input and analog output simultaneously. I found the getdata() and putdata() associated with an ai or ao objects are both block the the command lines, i.e., it's impossible to run two commands at the same time. How can I get around ...

Problem with analog input, processing the signal, and analog output
Hello, &nbsp; I'm trying to read a signal continuously, process it by applying a bandpass filter (and in the future, a delay) and converting to a square wave, and using analog output to send it to an instrument. My hardware is a PCI-6031E for input and a PCI-6733 for output. I am reading at 5k samples per second, trying to filter out a 60 Hz component to generate a 60 Hz square wave. I am reading 5000 samples each time the VI is called, so that displays are updated every second. &nbsp; However, when writing out, the data is crammed in the first half second, with the rest of it stuc...

synchronize 3 analog outputs and 4 analog inputs
hi, &nbsp; i have an NI PCI-6259 M series DAQ card and need to somehow generate 3 AO voltage waveforms of different frequencies (about MHz- 100KHz frequencies) which are synchronised and then also aquire the waveform, after&nbsp;undergoing some kind of intereference, through 4 voltage AIs.i also need to start the AI data aquisition clock in synchronisation with the AOs.does anyone have any vi's that could help?i have managed to synchronise&nbsp;1 AI and 1 AO, but when i&nbsp;try 1 AI and 2 AO's, an error comes up because i am using the write waveform function for both A...

How can I use DAQmx to route analog output 0 to an analog input?
Hi, &nbsp; I'm using an E series DAQ card - PCI-MIO-16XE-10.&nbsp; I'm converting my Traditional DAQ (Legacy) software over to DAQmx. &nbsp; Previously I've used analog inputs 21230 and 21240 to route my analog outputs to the analog to digital converter (see article: <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6C77B1884F5BBEE8862569E3005BE30E" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6C77B1884F5BBEE8862569E3005BE30E</a>), and it has always worked fine.&nbsp; Now that I'm using DAQmx, however, I can't seem to ...

analog output and input
Hi, I am using the follwing code to simultaneously read two analog channel from A/D board and then output a clock signal through analog output channel. The concerned loop is **************************************************************************************************** for i_angle=1:11 if ( i_angle>1) for i=1:3 %%% output signal AO = analogoutput('ueidaq','pwrdaq://dev0'); chan = addchannel(AO,0); set(AO,'SampleRate',1000) set(AO,'TriggerType','Manual'); Fs = 1000; % Sampling frequency t = (0:1/Fs:4); ...

Continuous Analog Input and Output with USB-6009: timing output
Hi, &nbsp; I have a USB-6009 and want to set it up to continuously log Analog Input data and also to output a&nbsp;continuous Analog Output signal (such as a sine wave or ramp which I give through a spreadsheet with 1000 data points). Please see attached the VI that I have worked out so far for this purpose. &nbsp; 1. When I run the above VI, my analog output signal (that I am logging with time) appears to not have a constant time interval between two points. For example, running the VI with a Software Loop Time of 20ms, at times the time interval between two AO points is 0.015s ...

Delay between analog input/output
Hi All, I'm using a national instruments analog output card in conjunction with an NI analog input card. There seems to be about a 56ms delay between when the output card sends the signal and when the input card receives the data. The time delay varies slightly depending on various parameters. Is there any way to synchronize the cards better or at least measure the delay exactly each time? Thanks! Tom ...

analog input + PWM output
hallo all! i'd like to do the following in matlab using the data acq toolbox: 1) acquire 2 channels of A/D at 20 kHz 2) produce four channels of PWM, each with independent duty cycle, having base freq > 1kHz. i would like to update the duty cycle with a waveform, at around 100 Hz. i'm doing electrophysiology on antennae, and the A/D acquires the neural response, while the PWM's control proportional solenoid valves delivering mixtures of odorants. is there hardware out there that can do this under matlab? some options i've considered: 1) a) cheap analog input board (NI o...

a problem with analog input in matlab
Hello. I have a small problem with the ‘Data acquisition’ toolbox. I am trying to get an input from a generator with a 5volt pulse. Unfortunately, matlab is identifying it as a 10.6 volt, even when I don’t generate the power, which means that by using the analog input toolbox I get always the same voltage all the time, accept when I play with the voltage, then I can see that there is a change in the voltage, and then it goes hack to 10.6V. The weird thing is that when I try the ‘daqscope’ demo, it shows me the true voltage. This is all done after I defined the ‘nidaq’ device and the right channel. I can’t understand what’s wrong with it. If anyone could help me, I’d be really thankful! still can't do it.. any ideas? anyone? ...

digital input to switch on and off analog output
Hi, I want to use a digital input to switch on and off a defined voltage at the analog output. The voltage should only be on as long a high signal is at the digital input. I need this relatively fast so I wonder if this could be controlled just by hardware. &nbsp; Any help would be appreciated. &nbsp; Thanks &nbsp;&nbsp; Christian Hi, &nbsp; I?ve attached a screenshot of a program that does something very close to what you?re asking.&nbsp; A pause trigger is used on one of the counter lines, which clocks the analog output.&nbsp; The digital input is what triggers...

trigger timed loop for analog output
I'm stumped, so I turn to you for help &amp; inspiration.&nbsp; I'm trying to develop a Labview program (using v8.0) with a USB-6251 to accomplish the following biomedical application: &nbsp; (1) continuous analog input of three channels (eg, ECG, pressures) at 2kHz (nominal)&nbsp;with pseudo-realtime charting of these (possibly decimated) data streams (chart update frequency could be as low as 20-40 Hz); &nbsp; (2) availability of a 0 --&gt; 12V trigger signal (duration @ 12V = 150 ms) indicating the timing of each heartbeat (interbeat intervals are typically ...

real time analog input and output
hello, i'm trying to get a code which will continuously sample an analog input (microphone) and then output the sample to a speaker. i'm trying to do it using 2 TimerFcn, one for the input and one for the output, but only one of them is working (the last). i also tried doing it with one timer function but i keep getting an error. anyone have an idea? thanks. You are using the DAQ toolbox? The fastest way to accomplish this might be a getsample() followed by a putsample() "lior " <liord2@gmail.com> wrote in message <huu8jk$458$1@fred.mathworks.com>....

DC pulse output analog input
I am using a 6221 PCI DAQ card and attempting to put out a DC level for a several different times.&nbsp; During the output of each DC level I need to sample two DC inputs via the analog input. &nbsp;Most of my DC levels last for 100s of seconds each and a sample rate of 1S/s on the analog inputs is OK. &nbsp; &nbsp; My problem arises when I attempt to place a 30ms pulse into the analog output.&nbsp; During this 30ms I need to increase the data rate of the analog input. &nbsp; I have attempted to use a while loop to control the time between changes but can not get ...

Read Analog input from Audio Line-In with MATLAB
Dear All, Hello...I'm new member for signal processing part. In here, I want to ask how to read analog signal from Audio Line-In use MATLAB. Can u give me a example program at MATLAB about that? I want read analog signal from Audio Line-IN. I'm use MATLAB for modify that analog signal (maybe i can filter or compression that analog signal). Help me if that can able to realization at MATLAB. Thank you and I hope i'm get the answer about this as soon. Rgd, TAUFIQ "TAUFIQQURRACHMAN -" <taufiq_tqr@lge.com> wrote in message <h5b5tm$4o1$1@fred.mathworks.com>... ...

synchronize delayed digital output with analog input
Hello everybody, we are students studying biology and have been working with Labview 8.2 for the last 2 month. Now, we have been assigned a more difficult task, for which we would like to hear your advice. We apologize in advance for our bad english. We are going to acquirie analog data from 16 different channels, using a pci-6143 card. In addition, we want to activate our external stimulation device using a digital output 24bit&nbsp; 1D boolean array. This action is supposed to happen after a certain amount of analog measurements, e.g. 2000 time steps. To receive the most exact data, w...

analog input output on PCI-DAS 1002
hi everybody, i want to have the code about the analog-input: for reading the input a voltage image of the temperature and analog-output: to apply a control voltage to the floor PWM. thank you a lot ...

CPU usage on buffered analog input and output
I'm developing two separate applications in LabVIEW: one that uses continuous buffered analog input and another that uses continuous buffered analog output. In the continuous input application, I've noticed that by placing a delay in the loop that contains the AI READ VI, the CPU usage decreases to almost nothing once the delay approaches the time it takes for a buffer to be filled--example: delay time of 500 msec for a buffer of 1000 samples at a sample rate of 2000 samples/sec. This makes sense because, when the AI READ is called, the buffer is almost already filled by the time the...

Re: CPU usage on buffered analog input and output
dear superconoductor I have a similar problem with&nbsp; dynamic AO acquisition in my "synchrous" AO/AI-system.&nbsp; My problem: every ~10th sycle (for loop), it needs much more time to write data into the buffer than in a "good" cycle. unfortunatly I'm not very familar with labview. Would your send me an example of your solution? peter ********** LabView 7.1 traditional DAQ Driver WinXP:( Message Edited by labfritz on 06-15-2006 05:17 PM ...

Web resources about - looping analog input to analog output - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Looping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Audio induction loop , an aid for the hard of hearing. They are a loop of cable around a designated area, usually a room or a building, which ...

App Store - Flyloop: Butterfly Looping Fun
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Flyloop: Butterfly Looping Fun on the App Store. Download Flyloop: ...

NASA Sees Fiery Looping Rain on the Sun [hd video] - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Eruptive events on the sun can be wildly different. Some come just with a solar flare, some with an additional ejection of solar material called ...

David Chen - Looping Cello and Piano Music - YouTube
Music using looping cello, performed by David Chen.

Update: King Gizzard's "super heavy" infinite looping new album "has 9 songs and it never ends"
The insanely prolific seven-piece open up about the ambitious concept and sound to their next album.

YouTube - The Smiler is the world's first 14 looping rollercoaster
Veröffentlicht am 09.05.2013 The world record for the most loops in a rollercoaster has been officially smashed by Alton Towers Resort's The ...

Ad of the Day: Honda Just Keeps Driving in This Hypnotic, Looping Ad That Never Ends
What better way for an automaker to communicate performance, longevity and a never-ending commitment to quality than with an ad that itself never ...

Aurora Borealis: Like Spaghetti Looping Toward Earth? - Alaska Dispatch
Through a process called "magnetic reconnection" a University of Iowa professor of physics and astronomy and his team are seeing the aurora borealis ...

GIF Chat launches on Android, offers looping video clips and text messaging
The group messaging app space is full of great choices, but GIF Chat is trying to get in on the craze with its own set of features.

Tiiny’s bite-size, self-destructing photos and looping videos will keep you entertained
Tiiny Share tiny photos & looping videos Slingshot Snapchat Instagram Tiinys bite-size, self-destructing photos and looping videos will keep ...