Mac

My PC crashed I am looking to purchase a mac.  I have never
used mat lab but will be required to do so for my
regression class.  in class I will have to work with mat
lab pc files. is this possible on Mac and how cumbersome is
the process?

Thank YOu,

Daniel Fell
dfell@chicagogsb.edu

Daniel Fell <danielfell125@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My PC crashed I am looking to purchase a mac.  I have never
> used mat lab but will be required to do so for my
> regression class.  in class I will have to work with mat
> lab pc files. is this possible on Mac and how cumbersome is
> the process?
>
> Thank YOu,
>
> Daniel Fell
> dfell@chicagogsb.edu

The files are all the same! I am a recent migrant to the Mac world and
had a lot of doubts as you might. It is going very well; biggest
complaint - no data acquisition toolbox and no instrument control
toolbox for the Mac.

Regards,

wave_man
"Daniel Fell" <danielfell125@yahoo.com> wrote in message <f9snme$dhl
$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> My PC crashed I am looking to purchase a mac.  I have never
> used mat lab but will be required to do so for my
> regression class.  in class I will have to work with mat
> lab pc files. is this possible on Mac and how cumbersome is
> the process?
>
> Thank YOu,
>
> Daniel Fell
> dfell@chicagogsb.edu
I have a student version on an e-mac running MacOS 10.4.10. X-windows is
needed. Matlab seems to work but I can't print files directly, they must be copied
to a text editor or equivalent.  I also am having issues with function functions
which don't seem to work according to the examples in the help. But that may
be a Matlab bug.

Hal.

0
hal608 (1)