Maple Matlab toolbox

I have Matlab 2010a(64bit) and Maple 15(think 64bit, not sure). When I setup the matlab toolbox, it installs the 32 bit toolbox with maplemex.mex32 file. When I run the code, matlab searches for maplemex.mex64 bit file. Any idea how I can remedy this? I have Visual C++ 2008 Sp1 compiler setup on matlab.

Thanks in advance.

Problem with Maple Toolbox for MATLAB.
I installed the Maple Toolbox for MATLAB, I have both Maple 13 & MATLAB r2009b, so when I try to run the command syms I get this: syms x y ??? Error using ==> sym.sym at 164 Attempt to execute SCRIPT maplemex as a function: /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/toolbox/maple/maplemex.m Error in ==> syms at 57 assignin('caller',varargin{i},sym(varargin{i})); I don't know what the hell is happening I have been trying to do everything but nothing have worked. I am on Mac OS X 10.6.2. What is going on with this issue? Thanks in advance. ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorpor...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

Need help for a matlab mini project

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

how to call a procedure of maple in matlab
Hi, friends: I have a procedure in maple such as : msym2poly:=proc(p,v) local f; f:=p; PolynomialTools:-CoefficientList(f,v); end; I save this file into msym2poly.src by notepad. When I call it in matlab by function procread('msym2poly.src'), I got the wrong result as following: procread('msym2poly.src') ans = msym2poly := proc (p, v) local f; f := p; PolynomialTools; -CoefficientList(f,v) end After PolynomialTools, it should be colon with short line, but now it is semicolon plus short line. So the procedure couldn't work well. Anybody knows the reason? Thank you very much! ...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

Using data acquisition toolbox of matlab
Hi, I am working on the project with DAQ toolbox of Matlab with NI USB x6336 device. However, I have few progress on it. My problem needs to use trigger, analog input and timer/counter input/ output. More specifically, I use a digital pin to output a 2MHz clock to an external device (counter); for every 100 ms, I will read analog data from the external device, for which I need to send a pulse on another digital pin as read signal (counter and trigger). I have been reading the introduction and related material on DAQ toolbox for couples of days. To get the trigger functionality, I need to use the legacy interface; however, to use the timer/counter, I need the session interface. I am not sure if there is any solution to this problem? Thanks! ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

ADLink DAQ card + DAQ Toolbox = MATLAB Crash
Hi, This might be a somewhat specific question-- but if anyone has any experience with using the DAQ toolbox with an ADLink DAQ card, any feedback/experience would be appreciated. We have an ADLink PCI-7300A Rev B high-speed digital I/O card. ADLink has released a MATLAB library + adaptor that allows you to use ADLink DAQ cards with MATLAB's DAQ toolbox. We have installed this library, according to the user manual supplied by ADLink. When we check, in MATLAB, to see that the card is recognized, we get the following, >> hwinfo = daqhwinfo hwinfo = ToolboxName: 'Data Acquisition Toolbox' ToolboxVersion: '2.12 (R2008a)' MATLABVersion: '7.6 (R2008a)' InstalledAdaptors: {5x1 cell} >> adqpters =hwinfo.InstalledAdaptors adqpters = 'mcc' 'mwadlink' 'nidaq' 'parallel' 'winsound' >> ADLINK_INFO = daqhwinfo('mwadlink') ADLINK_INFO = AdaptorDllName: 'C:\ADLINK\DAQ-MTLB\DLL\mwADLINK.dll' AdaptorDllVersion: '1, 2, 0, 0' AdaptorName: 'mwadlink' BoardNames: {'PCI-7300'} InstalledBoardIds: {'0'} ObjectConstructorName: {'' '' ''} Clearly, MATLAB recognizes the ADLink adapter. However, it returns an empty array of object constructors... So when we attempt to create a digitalio object (using MATLAB's DAQ to...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

MATLAB Student Version, Database Toolbox, SQL Server 2008 Express;
Hi, I am new here; thanks in advance for your patience. Can the Database Toolbox be added to the MATLAB Student Version? If so, is SQL Server 2008 Express supported? Which other versions of MATLAB, if any, support SQL Server 2008 Express? Nicole ...

DBTool (another database toolbox for MATLAB ) new release 2.4
DBTool (another database toolbox for MATLAB ) new release 2.4 Version 2.4 [May 12, 2006] [*] New license policy, demo version is 30 minutes full functional each time [+] Bulk write: insert multiple rows once [+] dblasterr - get last warning/error message [-] Bug: another MATLAB crash issue, fixed [-] Bug: can't recognize unicode fields since v2.3, fixed [-] Bug: dbwarn can't disable some warnings, fixed [!] dbase now return [] (empty) when opens failed Detailed information: http://energy.51.net/dbtool ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

i +=, *=, /= equivalent for MATLAB
Does anyone know if MATLAB has a short cut for simple arithmetic operations like: x = x + 1; x = x * 3; I was thinking along the lines of the Java with either: x++; or the more general: x += 1; Thanks. "Scheffc Scheffler" <scheffc@msn.com> wrote in message <h0bmip$khv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Does anyone know if MATLAB has a short cut for simple arithmetic operations like: > x = x + 1; > x = x * 3; > > I was thinking along the lines of the Java with either: > x++; > > or the more general: > x += 1; No. MATLAB does not have equivalents to these. James Tursa "Scheffc Scheffler" <scheffc@msn.com> wrote in message <h0bmip$khv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Does anyone know if MATLAB has a short cut for simple arithmetic operations like: > x = x + 1; > x = x * 3; > > I was thinking along the lines of the Java with either: > x++; > > or the more general: > x += 1; > > Thanks. ----------------------------------------------------- At the bottom of this post is a classdef file that allows you to get a cheap knock-off of this using a user-defined class with overloaded subsasgn. Here are some examples of usage. >> x=FancyNumeric(5) %construct the object x = 5 >> x.p=1 %imitates x+=1 x = 6 >> x.m=2 %imitates x-=2 x = 4 >> x.t=3 %imitates x*=3 x = 12 Unfortunately, I cannot get something equivalent to x-- or x...

matlab usrp
Hello, My supervisors want to conduct channel sounding experiments using embedded USRP's. They plan to put some USRP E110 in the field and these USRP's should perform inter-node channel estimation on their own. They asked me to learn FPGA programming in USRP. I am planning to use the Matlab & simulink software to run the USRP E110's? Can I directly program in the FPGA board of E 110 just by using Simulink? Considering that I have made the proper choice, I am also wondering how I should start. I have not done FPGA programming but I have worked with Matlab + Simulink frequently. Do I need to learn Xilinx System Generator before diving into this? Any feedback will be very appreciated. Thanks, Nazmul "Nazmul Islam" wrote in message <jnah77$613$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > > My supervisors want to conduct channel sounding experiments using embedded USRP's. They plan to put some USRP E110 in the field and these USRP's should perform inter-node channel estimation on their own. They asked me to learn FPGA programming in USRP. > > I am planning to use the Matlab & simulink software to run the USRP E110's? Can I directly program in the FPGA board of E 110 just by using Simulink? > > Considering that I have made the proper choice, I am also wondering how I should start. I have not done FPGA programming but I have worked with Matlab + Simulink frequently. Do I need to learn Xil...

dsp+matlab
hi thats your kindness we want to draw a shape such az circle with external device that connect to computer by parallel or serail port The only thing that we need is process of shape by matlab & send out of edge position tanks <hamid.sarab@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1106656033.980940.28080@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > hi > thats your kindness > we want to draw a shape such az circle with external device that > connect to computer by parallel or serail port > The only thing that we need is process of shape by matlab & send out of > edge position You will have to be more specific to get good responses. The "external device" could be a lot of things. I will assume that it is an x-y device such as a mouse with a crosshair attached to it - so you only need to interpret what the mouse is doing in x and in y - the same as is done with any number of computer programs. Next step: how to get from serial mouse to Matlab? Perhaps a simple mouse position-reading program in C/C++ that interfaces to Matlab? That might get rid of any low-level serial port reading requirements. Shape and edge position are two different things, aren't they? Did you have some processing or processing requirement specifically in mind? Does this have to be in real time or might some interim program do a good part of the job for you? Fred ...

Web resources about - Maple Matlab toolbox - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Toolbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A toolbox (also called toolkit , tool chest or workbox ) is a box to organize, carry, and protect the owner's tools . They could be used for ...

Apple Toolbox (@appletoolbox) on Twitter

Advanced Lean Toolbox
Otimizar, Disponibilizar e difundir a metodologia do Lean (Sistema de Melhoria continua) .

Mac App Store - Toolbox for Keynote
Get Toolbox for Keynote on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Mini Toolbox / Packed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Alexander Becker's photos on Flickr. Alexander Becker has uploaded 503 photos to Flickr.

UC ERM Toolbox March 2014 - An Incomplete History of Risk Financing - YouTube
Have you ever wondered why the University has to travel to London or Bermuda to arrange insurance coverage? Why go to Lloyd's of London, anyway? ...

Westpac adds augmented reality to online banking toolbox
Westpac has tapped a UK rocket scientist for an augmented reality smartphone app it hopes will put customers in control of their credit card ...

Man found in latest toolbox murder twist
POLICE investigating the bodies-in-a-box double murder south of Brisbane have located a man who they believe has information vital to the case. ...

Replica gun found in Roy Hill mine worker's toolbox
A replica handgun was found in an employee's toolbox at Hancock Prospecting’s Roy Hill Mine in the Pilbara.

Thief scales crane to steal from toolbox
Police are searching for a man who recklessly climbed a seven-storey crane at a construction site to steal from a tool box.