Matlab 2011a #2

I have installed a Matlab 2011a on a Windows 7 64bit OS.
Will I be able to rum Matlab smoothly?
Thanks
RR

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

HIPERLAN/2 PHY layer simulator on Matlab #2
Thanks Laki, ur answer could be right if I apply the effect of the channel to the signal then i add the noise, but what i do is adding the noise efect first then applying the channel effect to the sum (signal+noise), to get channel*(signal+noise), so after equalization i'd have ---> (channel*(signal+noise))/channel -- > signal+noise. hope u got what i mean .! thanks alot Laki for ur participation Hany Hany That's an interesting way to model the system, but i'll come back to that. What I think you're trying to do is this H*S / H_est = S where H = channel and H_est is the channel estimate (therefore inv(H_est) represents the inverse channel which you're calling an equaliser). Now, have you tried looking at the result of simply convolving the channel and the equaliser? H / H_est = 1 What do you get out of this? If that is difficult to obtain, then can you substitute the signal S for an impulse function (no noise) and examine the signal at the output of the equaliser? What do you get? The reason i say that it's an interesting way to model the system, is because you seem to be adding noise prior to the channel. One form of noise is typically added to model the thermal noise effects at the receiver. What you're doing it seems is receiving the signal noiselessly and are adding noise at the output of the transmitter. Now, this may not be a bad thing, because you could be trying to model some form of interference, but you haven&...

Visualization tips for geoscientists in Matlab
http://mycarta.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/visualization-tips-for-geoscientists-matlab-part-ii/ ...

loop in Matlab #2
Hello, I am very stupid to ask this. I have a matrix A and want a new matrix B. I explained below what it is: A= 1 y1 2 y2 3 y3 4 y4 B= -2 y4 5 y5 I want to transform -1 y5 6 y6 ---------------------------------------------> 0 y6 7 y7 only X coordinates +1 y7 8 y8 and out put matrix +2 y8 9 y9 have this form +3 y9 10 y10 +4 y10 11 y11 12 y12 the provided info: index boundaries (upper and lower, here 4 & 10) and index to be set zero (here 6). I would like to know how to implement this in Matlab where upper, lower and index-set-zero should be variable. Can Anyone help me. Awaiting for your response. Thanks Somnath Karmakar wrote: > Hello, I am very stupid to ask this. I have a matrix A and want a new > matrix B. I explained below what it is: ....elided for brevity... > the provided info: index boundaries (upper and lower, here 4 & 10) > and index to be set zero (here 6). I would like to know how to > implement this in Matlab where upper, lower and index-set-zero should > be variable. Can Anyone help me. Awaiting for your response. Thanks >> % straight-ahead solution >> a=[(1:1...

string in Matlab #2
dear community, Matlab should read 4 different excel files by iteration. The changing string is replaced by the variable tierversuch. My code looks like this: tierversuch = ['061011_Healthy_SHJ','061011_HealthySR1_SHJ','061011_HealthySR2_SHJ','061011_HealthySR4_SHJ']; for i=1:1:size(heart_case) [ndata, headertext]=xlsread(['TV2(061011)/ReinControl ', tierversuch(i), '.xls'], 'Data Pad'); Error message: ??? XLSREAD unable to open file TV2(061011)/ReinControl 0.xls. Why is '061011_Healthy_SHJ' displayed as only an '0'? How should I implement this? "Yu " <yuzhaoshice@web.de> wrote in message <jcn46g$7c3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > dear community, > > Matlab should read 4 different excel files by iteration. The changing string is replaced by the variable tierversuch. My code looks like this: > > tierversuch = ['061011_Healthy_SHJ','061011_HealthySR1_SHJ','061011_HealthySR2_SHJ','061011_HealthySR4_SHJ']; > for i=1:1:size(heart_case) > [ndata, headertext]=xlsread(['TV2(061011)/ReinControl ', tierversuch(i), '.xls'], 'Data Pad'); > > Error message: > ??? XLSREAD unable to open file TV2(061011)/ReinControl 0.xls. > > Why is '061011_Healthy_SHJ' displayed as only an '0'? How should I implement this? With your current declaration of tierversuch, tierversuch(i...

Can Matlab do this? #2
Can this be done in Matlab? This is a paragraph, there are equations... if we display it in Latex, we have to add (manually) /begin{equation}, and /end{equation} in front of and after the equations.. Is there a way that we can use Matlab to do a script that automatically do the translation? Output should be able to directly shown in Latex... -------------------------------------- Your series was f(t) = 1 + 4/pi sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1)/(2n+1) cos((2n+1) pi t/2) Note that cos((2n+1) pi t/2) = Re exp((2n+1) pi i t/2). So let's find sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1)/(2n+1) exp((2n+1) pi i t/2). This is g(w) = sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1) w^(2n+1)/(2n+1) where w = exp(pi i t/2). --------------- "kiki" <lunaliu3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dgpn3q$80c$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Can this be done in Matlab? > > > This is a paragraph, > > there are equations... > > if we display it in Latex, we have to add (manually) > /begin{equation}, and /end{equation} > in front of and after the equations.. Aaah, I just found we don't need "/begin{equation}" and "/end{equation}", .... just need "$$", "$$"... more thoughts now? > > Is there a way that we can use Matlab to do a script that automatically do > the translation? > > Output should be able to directly shown in Latex... > > -------------------------------------- > > > > Your series was > f(t...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Matlab function #2 387622
I have this function but when I called like [y z] = lab2_15192572_fun(-0.8) it gives me repeated answer and I am not sure whether it is the right answer or not. The answer is z = 1.6400 y = -0.3600 y = -0.3600 z = 1.6400 Is my function structure wrong? function [y,z] = lab2_15192572_fun(x) if abs(x) < 2 z = x^2 + 1 y = x^2 - 1 elseif 2< abs(x) <= 4 z = 1/(x^2 + 1) y = 1/(x^2 - 1) else z = cos(x) y = sin(x) end Mario Fatafehi wrote: elseif 2< abs(x) <= 4 2 < abs(x) will return either 0 (false) or 1 (true). You then check to see if that 0 or 1 is <= 4, which of course it is. If you want to check to see if a number is in a range, code both halves of the test, 2 < abs(x) && abs(x) <= 4 Walter Roberson <roberson@hushmail.com> wrote in message <hoeurm$nga$1@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>... > Mario Fatafehi wrote: > elseif 2< abs(x) <= 4 > > 2 < abs(x) will return either 0 (false) or 1 (true). You then check to > see if that 0 or 1 is <= 4, which of course it is. > > If you want to check to see if a number is in a range, code both halves > of the test, 2 < abs(x) && abs(x) <= 4 But why does it gives me repeated answer? "Mario Fatafehi" <coruba9@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hof3hk$pes$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Walter Roberson <roberson@hushmail.com> wrote in message <hoeurm$nga$1...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Increase MATLAB memory #2
I'm working with very large matrices and I am receiving 'Out of memory' a lot. Is it possible to increase the amount of memory available to MATLAB? I have version R2009a running on Vista Premium. On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:08:02 -0400, Michael Grosswald <michaelgrosswald@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I'm working with very large matrices and I am receiving 'Out of memory' > a lot. > Is it possible to increase the amount of memory available to MATLAB? > > I have version R2009a running on Vista Premium. useful info: http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1100/1107.html Michael Grosswald <michaelgrosswald@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I'm working with very large matrices and I am receiving 'Out of > memory' a lot. Is it possible to increase the amount of memory > available to MATLAB? > > I have version R2009a running on Vista Premium. You don't state but likely have a 32-bit version of the OS, in which case you are going to have 32-bit limits for any code, including Matlab. That means that somewhere around 2GB is about all that you can get. It is possible under some circumstances to extend this to 3GB, provided that the application is compiled to allow it. Also possible though less likely that you don't have enough RAM or swap space allocated. Check your settings. If you don't have enough RAM you should get more since adding swap will function but will be very slow. Check how big your proc...

Image Types in Matlab #2
Hi, I have no experinece in either image processing or matlab. I am a little confused about image types and image processing toolbox in matlab, and i appreciate if anyone could please clarify these confusions. So here is my problem: According to image processing tool box users's guide, an intensity image is stored in a single 'intensity matrix' that contains double precision values ranging from 0.0 to 1.0. My images are just raw data output of a light microscope. They are 16 bit data. So each 2 bytes corresponds to a value of a single pixel or a gray level. The gray level values for my images range from around 150 to around 300 (and with the CCD that i use 4096 graylevel values are possible). And the size of each image is 256x256. Now, since my image files are raw data, i cannot read them with imread function of the image processing tool box. I just read them using commands like: fid =fopen('012706_12.001', 'r', 'l'); //012706_12.001 is the name of the image file here status = fseek(fid, 512, 'bof'); A = fread(fid, [256 256], 'uint16'); Here is my confusion: so since the gray scale values of my images (elements of matrix A in the above example) are not between 0.0 and 1.0, matlab does not recognize this as an intensity matrix and as a result an intensity image. Is this correct? And so do i need to use mat2gray function to rescale my data to 0.0, and 1.0? But is there any other way that i keep my grayscale levels the ...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

reading video in matlab #2
brief sum up before question: bmov1 = aviread('bmov1.avi') I get the error "Unable to locate decompressor to decompress video stream" With a little research I find this to mean I need the right codec. I believe I downloaded the correct codec (MJPG). I try the same command as before and get ... "Error getting frame data" I'm terribly confused now. I simply want to load a video into matlab and then using other data, rip specific stills from the video by matching timestamps. Any help on how I could do this would be wonderful. Also, I was wondering if the size of the video will be a problem. I'm planning on taking 14-16hour videos at 8-10MP 1080p. I'm not sure how big this will be but do you think it will be a problem with memory/matlab? thank again. cheers On Jan 20, 1:00=A0pm, "Clint Perry" <clint.pe...@ucdenver.edu> wrote: > brief sum up before question: > bmov1 =3D aviread('bmov1.avi') > > I get the error "Unable to locate decompressor to decompress video stream= " > > With a little research I find this to mean I need the right codec. I beli= eve I downloaded the correct codec (MJPG). I try the same command as before= and get ... "Error getting frame data" > > I'm terribly confused now. I simply want to load a video into matlab and = then using other data, rip specific stills from the video by matching times= tamps. > > Any help on how I ...

CRC generation on matlab #2
hi, I need code for CRC generation on matlab. I know how CRC works (error detection) but my problem is in writing the code on matlab. Thanks in advance. ...

error in the matlab program #2
Hi to all, When i execute the matlab program i am getting an error. i have given the code and also the error below.please help me to solve this error. code: I=imread('blueline.jpg'); imshow(I); Igreen=(I(:,:,1)<10)&(I(:,:,2)<10)&(I(:,:,3)>200); Igreen_labeled = bwlabel(Igreen); Igreen_props = regionprops(Igreen_labeled); Igreen_length_in_pixel = Igreen_props.BoundingBox(3); disp(Igreen_length_in_pixel); Error: Too many outputs requested. Most likely cause is missing [] around left hand side that has a comma separated list expansion. Error in find_length (line 13) Igreen_length_in_pixel = Igreen_props.BoundingBox(3); Thanks & Regards, Arun ...

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

mkdir and the matlab compiler #2
Hi, I'm having a problem getting the compiled version of my code to make a new directory - I use mkdir and it works great in the m-file, but I get nothing out of the compiled version. I found on thread suggested adding this statement in files related, but it doesn't seem to do anything and I likely don't understand how to use it. Then I found it does't work for non-mfiles. Is there a workaround to create directories? *%#function mkdir * The code compiles and creates the excel datafile, but not the directory or creates the file in the directory.. Here is a snippet of my code - measurementTitle = 'Test-title'; good_iteration_name = sprintf(char(cat(2,measurementTitle,char(datestr(now,30))))); % % Create a new directory to store the data into and at the end cd back to "root". "Ant_serial_num2" is the "measurement title" in the GUI. dataDir = sprintf(char(good_iteration_name)); % comments = [comments,' ', num2str(operatingFreq) 'Hz'] % mkdir(dataDir) % eval(['mkdir ' dataDir]) cd(dataDir) %eval(['cd ' dataDir]) % characterizationVoltages = [voltageSet' chan1' chan2']; characterizationVoltages = num2cell(characterizationVoltages); % dataVoltages = sprintf(char(cat(2,good_iteration_name,'_charVoltages','.xlsx'))); saveAsFN = dataVoltages; % %format for xlswrite2- Data, tab name, c...

Speeding up Matlab code #2
Hi all, this is my first post so please let me know how I can explain the problem better. I am working on grabbing data from a txt file and putting it into a "spreadsheet-like document" in Matlab. Currently to do this, I am using for and if loops, but the amount of nested loops means that the program will take hours and hours to run fully. I know that there are ways to execute statements similar to if and for within Matlab matrices, but don't know how to figure this specific problem out yet. The data is in a long text file like this, with each new month being a new row and the next series starting over afterwards. Series ID time data PCU1133--1133-- 199801 192.3 PCU1133--1133-- 199802 194.3 PCU1133--1133-- 199803 194.1 ....... PCU1133--1133-- 201111 185.7 PCU1133--1133-- 201112 188.9 PCU11331-11331- 199801 192.3 PCU11331-11331- 199802 194.3 The end goal is to put the series into a matrix called blsDataSeries, which has the times in the first row and has NaNs to be replaced by data in all following rows. The difficulty is that not all series have the same exact times (some are missing months), so I have to check each one. Here's the code by itself. firstSeries = idSeriesMonthly(1,1); %% grabbing the name of the...

matlab programming help #2
can anyone tell me whats wrong with this? =[ function[y]=horner_scheme (a,x) n = 1:n; b(n)=a(n); for i=n-1:-1:0 b(i)=((b(i+1))*x)+a(i); end y = b(0); im pretty sure all is right, except i keep getting the message 'the variable n can be used before it is defined' =S (line 2..) what does that mean? "matlabnoob noob" <counternoob@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:gouo8d$rdl$1@fred.mathworks.com... > can anyone tell me whats wrong with this? =[ > > function[y]=horner_scheme (a,x) > n = 1:n; > b(n)=a(n); > for i=n-1:-1:0 > b(i)=((b(i+1))*x)+a(i); > end > y = b(0); > > > im pretty sure all is right, except i keep getting the message 'the > variable n can be used before it is defined' =S (line 2..) > > what does that mean? What do you think the value of n is? What are you trying to achieve with the line n=1:n; ? Arnaud "matlabnoob noob" <counternoob@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message <gouo8d$rdl$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone tell me whats wrong with this? =[ > > function[y]=horner_scheme (a,x) > n = 1:n; > b(n)=a(n); > for i=n-1:-1:0 > b(i)=((b(i+1))*x)+a(i); > end > y = b(0); > > > im pretty sure all is right, except i keep getting the message 'the variable n can be used before it is defined' =S (line 2..) > > what does that mean? No, you are not getting it right. You were told in your...

Web resources about - Matlab 2011a #2 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...