Matlab 2011a student version/ Parallel computing box

Hi,

Does the parallel tool box version 4.3 support GPU computing?

If not, how to get GPU computing capanility with Matlab 2011a student version?

I thought I will order the Matlab 2011a student but the parallel tool box that is available to students (v 4.3) does not mention GPU computing.

I will appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

You might consider the student version of Jacket, here:  http://www.accelereyes.com

See comparison description:  http://www.accelereyes.com/products/compare
"Hamdi " <hamdi.mani@asu.edu> wrote in message <inoni0$fh7$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> Does the parallel tool box version 4.3 support GPU computing?
>
> If not, how to get GPU computing capanility with Matlab 2011a student version?
>
> I thought I will order the Matlab 2011a student but the parallel tool box that is available to students (v 4.3) does not mention GPU computing.
>
> I will appreciate any advice.
>
> Thank you,

The parallel computing toolbox for students should be identical to the full commercial version.  I've never seen Matlab do cutdown toolboxes for student use.  But the Distributed Computing Server is not for sale to students, so you are limited to GPUs and CPUs on your local machine.

For some of the GPU stuff in Matlab, see
http://www.mathworks.com/discovery/matlab-gpu.html

I also note that finally (as far as I can tell, I have not verified this myself), students can now download the 64 bit version of Matlab 2011a.  Hoorah!  I am myself sick of trying to save memory within Matlab  because, as a student (and without the budget for the full commercial version), I was previously limited to the 32bit version (4Gb PC, 32 bit windows 7, 32 bit Matlab = about 1.4Gb available to Matlab).

The jacket / accelereyes people seem to trawl though newsgroups looking for any questions on GPU and matlab, and always post a short message promoting their paid-for software (admittedly, they have a lower price for students). Personally, I don't like this tactic (if everybody with a product went promoting it on newsgroups, they would be no use), so I stick to the parallel computing toolbox within Matlab.
0
will6483 (5)
4/9/2011 4:45:04 PM
Finally, when I log into my student account and try to buy Matlab 2011a and add the Parallel Computing Toolbox, it mentions no version number, but I'm pretty sure you'll get the latest version, 5.1

I did notice, around the release date, the Matlab website updated in bits and pieces, not all-in-one.  For example, the Matlab product page mentioned 2011a for several hours while the Mathworks homepage said 2010b was the latest version.   There are still some pages and links that mention 2010b as the latest version .  So maybe you just saw a stale link to 4.3 that should be fixed?
0
will6483 (5)
4/9/2011 4:52:05 PM
PCT 5.1 is available as an add-on purchase to the student version
according to the link, http://www.mathworks.com/academia/student_version/companion.html

I'm not going to bother with PCT though.  I'm getting 35 times faster
code with it whereas i was getting slower than cpu times on using our
lab's pct license (I'm doing some cell dynamics models at Brown Univ).

Personally, I'm glad the jacket /accelereyes guys post on these forums
or I would have never come to realize that a 3rd party package is a
better solution.
> I'm not going to bother with PCT though.  I'm getting 35 times faster
> code with it whereas i was getting slower than cpu times on using our
> lab's pct license (I'm doing some cell dynamics models at Brown Univ).

mistyped... i'm getting 35 times faster code with jacket (pct is
slower than cpu for my code)
Brett Grant <brett.grant12@gmail.com> wrote in message <6c0efc17-2e81-425c-a377-aa268fed03f3@y26g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>...
> > I'm not going to bother with PCT though.  I'm getting 35 times faster
> > code with it whereas i was getting slower than cpu times on using our
> > lab's pct license (I'm doing some cell dynamics models at Brown Univ).
>
> mistyped... i'm getting 35 times faster code with jacket (pct is
> slower than cpu for my code)

Thanks all! That answers my question.

Thanks for the the accelereyes peoplle, I think it is worth trying both jacket and PCT 5.1 since both are available for students.

Hamdi
> I also note that finally (as far as I can tell, I have not verified this myself), students can now download the 64 bit version of Matlab 2011a.  Hoorah!  I am myself sick of trying to save memory within Matlab  because, as a student (and without the budget for the full commercial version), I was previously limited to the 32bit version (4Gb PC, 32 bit windows 7, 32 bit Matlab = about 1.4Gb available to Matlab).

Unfortunately, only 32-bit version (Windows) available.  But they now support the 32-bit application on a 64-bit windows platform.
"Anish Prasai" wrote in message <inuu68$9eb$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> > I also note that finally (as far as I can tell, I have not verified this myself), students can now download the 64 bit version of Matlab 2011a.  Hoorah!  I am myself sick of trying to save memory within Matlab  because, as a student (and without the budget for the full commercial version), I was previously limited to the 32bit version (4Gb PC, 32 bit windows 7, 32 bit Matlab = about 1.4Gb available to Matlab).
> >

> Unfortunately, only 32-bit version (Windows) available.  But they now support the 32-bit application on a 64-bit windows platform.

What about Linux 64Bit?

I am running ubuntu 64bit and like to use Matlab 2011 student edition with the parallel computing toolbox and taking advantage of Nvidia GPU.

One more question: the student license allows installation in 2 different machines: can we install one copy on a windows machine and another copy on a Linux machine with just 1 student license?

The whole point here is learning Matlab, programming, operating systems,...

> What about Linux 64Bit?
>
> I am running ubuntu 64bit and like to use Matlab 2011 student edition with the parallel computing toolbox and taking advantage of Nvidia GPU.
>
> One more question: the student license allows installation in 2 different machines: can we install one copy on a windows machine and another copy on a Linux machine with just 1 student license?
>
> The whole point here is learning Matlab, programming, operating systems,...

Nope, Linux is only available in 32-bit as well.

And I would assume you should be able to do one install in windows and one in linux.  The licensing is the same for both platforms so shouldn't make a difference (theoretically), but only one way to find out...

Matlab 2011a student version
Please advise. I have installed Matlab 2011a on a Window 7 64 bit OS laptop. Will it run smoothly? If not what are the fixes? Thanks RR ...

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

Matlab Student Version on Multiple OS
Hello, I recently purchased a Student edition of Matlab and installed it on a Windows PC. According to Mathworks, I can install Matlab on multiple computers. I wanted to also install it on a PC running Mac OS X; however, when I ran the installer and submitted the serial number, I got an error that prevented me from activating it on my Mac. Has anyone been able to successfully install the Student Version on multiple PCs? Thanks in advance! "Srikanth " <sri243@gmail.com> wrote in message news:j74of3$p45$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > I recently purchased a Student edition of Matlab and installed it on a > Windows PC. According to Mathworks, I can install Matlab on multiple > computers. I wanted to also install it on a PC running Mac OS X; however, > when I ran the installer and submitted the serial number, I got an error > that prevented me from activating it on my Mac. Has anyone been able to > successfully install the Student Version on multiple PCs? Please contact Technical Support for installation/licensing questions or for help with installation problems. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

old version matlab becomes parallel
Hello everyone, I have an old version of matlab in unix environment which has not the parallel computing toolbox and i want to parallelize my program for more speed. Any idea how can i do that??is it possible with threads?Any useful tutorials? Please help!!! Thanks in advance ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

[...]

Does Visual Studio compilers support student version MATLAB
Hello, my goal is make cuda code working at my MATLAB student version .I have 2010 Visual Studio with MATLAB Version(R2011a) This is my VER MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a) MATLAB License Number: STUDENT Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.12 (R2011a) Simulink Version 7.7 (R2011a) Control System Toolbox Version 9.1 (R2011a) DSP System Toolbox Version 8.0 (R2011a) Fixed-Point Toolbox Version 3.3 (R2011a) Image Processing Toolbox Version 7.2 (R2011a) Optimization Toolbox Version 6.0 (R2011a) Parallel Computing Toolbox Version 5.1 (R2011a) Signal Processing Toolbox Version 6.15 (R2011a) Statistics Toolbox Version 7.5 (R2011a) Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 5.6 EDU>> setup_cuda_mex Note that only Visual Studio compilers are supported. Creating cudamexopts.bat based on ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

MATLAB Student Version, Database Toolbox, SQL Server 2008 Express;
Hi, I am new here; thanks in advance for your patience. Can the Database Toolbox be added to the MATLAB Student Version? If so, is SQL Server 2008 Express supported? Which other versions of MATLAB, if any, support SQL Server 2008 Express? Nicole ...

Matlab 6 Student Version 12 w/Simulink [Windows
I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of Matlab. How may I resolve this dilemma ? Appreciatively, C.Thomas "Courtney Thomas" <ccthomas@joimail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.05.18.13.50.51.891670@joimail.com... >I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the > bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the > necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. > > In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of > Matlab. > > How may I resolve this dilemma ? The Student Version of MATLAB shouldn't need a password -- the bookstore employee was probably thinking of the professional version of MATLAB, which does require a passcode or a license file. Chapter 2 of the Learning MATLAB 6 manual, which should have been included in the box, discusses how to install the Student Version. As long as you follow the instructions in that chapter and have your documentation CD in the drive when you start MATLAB, it should work. There is one issue that you may run into if your machine has a Pentium 4 -- see section 27 of this document for instructions on how to avoid this issue. http://www.mathwo...

embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a
I downloaded the MS visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and the SDK as detailed in http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/?solution=1-6IJJ3L My embedded function didnt work at the beginning because I did "mex -setup" before I installed my SDK. But after I installed the SDK, I ran "mex -setup" in Matlab once again and choose the MS visual C++2008 as my compiler. Then, my embedded matlab function worked. Thanks to the contribution from above! ...

Discrepancy in MATLAB versions
Hi , I am profiling code in two different versions of MATLAB (2009a and 2012a). The machine 2012a is installed is newer than the machine with 2009a, and thus, a better CPU. However, when I execute the following: A=magic(10000) A.*A I received two different timing results, the 2009a results (414.0415 seconds) are much lower than 2012a (574.746 seconds). Any suggestion on why this is the case would be greatly appreciated. Also, all other subsecquent code in MATLAB 2012a is much lower than 2009a. Thanks On 29 apr, 15:30, "Jerome " <the_r...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi , > I am profiling code in two different versions of MATLAB (2009a and 2012a). The machine 2012a is installed is newer than the machine with 2009a, and thus, a better CPU. However, when I execute the following: > > A=magic(10000) > A.*A > > I received two different timing results, the 2009a results (414.0415 seconds) are much lower than 2012a (574.746 seconds). Any suggestion on why this is the case would be greatly appreciated. > > Also, all other subsecquent code in MATLAB 2012a is much lower than 2009a. > > Thanks Simple question, but hard to answer: What happens if you exchange Matlab versions? I know, too much trouble, but this may shed some light on your problem. And do you have more memory available to the 2009a version? Just some thoughts. Good luck "Jerome " <the_rome@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jnjfp0$9fc$1@newscl01a...

how to do this in matlab
Number of column: 5 Vector A: [ 2 4 6 7 8 ] Vector B : [ 5 7 8 10 1] Choice = 1 : Find the highest value Vector A : 8 Vector B: 10 The highest value : 10 Choice = 2 : Find the lowest value Vector A : 2 Vector B: 1 The highest value : 1 Choice = 3 : Find the average value of : Vector A Vector B "Syamil " <syamilsaid@gmail.com> wrote in message <inq3g8$hhd$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Number of column: 5 > Vector A: [ 2 4 6 7 8 ] > Vector B : [ 5 7 8 10 1] > > Choice = 1 : Find the highest value > Vector A : 8 > Vector B: 10 > The highest value : 10 > > Choice = 2 : Find the lowest value > Vector A : 2 > Vector B: 1 > The highest value : 1 > > Choice = 3 : Find the average value of : > Vector A > Vector B Type in matlab: doc min doc max doc mean ...

problem with parallel matlab
for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); %%rssi having the signal strength from all AP's end end when i'm running the following code, i get the same value for each element of rssi (serially i get different results) where is my problem? Creating some fake data and and implementing a simple LOSS function, I do not see a different between the serial and parallel execution. Does LOSS use any persistent or global variables? function [ rssi rssi2 ] = foo APLocation = rand(10); RXpoint = rand(10) * 5; for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); end end for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); for j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi2(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); end end end function rv = LOSS( a,b ) rv = sum( a+b ); end "michael" <bezenchu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ht0t0k$fce$1@fred.mathworks.com... > for i=1:size(APLocation,1) > point=APLocation(i,:); > parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) > rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); %%rssi having the signal > strength from all AP's > end > end > > when i'm running the following code, i get the same value for each element ...

matlab 2011a problem
problem after installed matlab 2011a the shortcut to run from it not appeare,can anyone help me. thanks ...

creating GUI in matlab out of some programs written in matlab
I have written some code in matlab for my application. I want to make a graphical interface so that an user can easily use my code. I do not know, how to link my code or a particular function when user clicks on a particular button. I mean, how to assign a function written by me to a push button so that it will execute the function. And how to give the input to my function and get output after executing the particular function. I am quiet familiar with matlab code. But I am absolutely new with GUI in matlab. Please help me to deal with the above problem. On 4/12/2011 12:37 AM, sk maidul haque wrote: > I have written some code in matlab for my application. > I want to make a graphical interface so that an user can easily use my code. > I do not know, how to link my code or a particular function > when user clicks on a particular button. I mean, how to assign a > function written by me to a push button so that it will execute the function. > And how to give the input to my function and get output after > executing the particular function. > I am quiet familiar with matlab code. But I am absolutely new with > GUI in matlab. Please help me to deal with the above problem. Use GUIDE to make the gui. It is very simple and powerful to use. I use it all the time for my school projects and HW's. I know some prefer to code the thing by hand, but I prefer GUIDE. When you add a button in GUIDE, it will create a callback stub for you automatically...

Error version MATLAB
Dear friends, I have made a m-file to solve an ODE with boundary conditions by bvp4c function. However, I can not run it on my MATLAB version (R2008a), besides it runs very well on MATLAB version of my colleague. The errors that appears on my version are: ??? Error using ==> times Matrix dimensions must agree. Error in ==> odenumjac at 121 del = (s - (~s)) .* abs(del); % keep del pointing into region Error in ==> bvp4c>BCnumjac at 966 [dBCdya,ignored,ignored1,nbc] = odenumjac(@bcaux,bcArgs,bcVal,dBCoptions); Error in ==> bvp4c>colloc_Jac at 671 [dGdya,dGdyb,nbc] = BCnumjac(bc,ya,yb,n,npar,nExtraArgs,ExtraArgs); Error in ==> bvp4c at 187 [dPHIdy,NF,NBC] = colloc_Jac(n,x,Y,yp,Fmid,ode,bc,Fjac,BCjac,npar,... Error in ==> nelsonreatorteste at 8 sol = bvp4c(@fun,@cc,solini); How can I run this m-file in my MATLAB version? Thank you for any informations, Sincerely, Isaías "Isaías Soares" <ibaso2@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message <j3o068$4mo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear friends, > > I have made a m-file to solve an ODE with boundary conditions by bvp4c function. However, I can not run it on my MATLAB version (R2008a), besides it runs very well on MATLAB version of my colleague. The errors that appears on my version are: > > ??? Error using ==> times > Matrix dimensions must agree. > > Error in ==> odenumjac...

code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009
I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks "moonman" wrote in message <ipmsl7$23v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there > then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working > > If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks Can you be more specific about the fact that your code is not working in 2009a but worked in 2007a? It would be helpful if you could narrow down what is not working in 2009a and provide error messages. Wayne ok thanks wyne i will send error message after some hours ...

Matlab 2011a #2
I have installed a Matlab 2011a on a Windows 7 64bit OS. Will I be able to rum Matlab smoothly? Thanks RR ...

Help with Parallel Matlab
Long story short, here is the criteria I need. 1) I need two modules running in parallel. One function must activate these two They don't need to START at the same time but both neither return info nor end. They run pretty much infinitely 1.1) I would prefer if the One function also ran separate from the above two in it's own loop but i can deal with a 3'rd function also not ending. 2) I need a shared variable between two of the modules. 1 Module will place information there while the other just reads it, but as they are running parallel. That's it. I can do this in pretty much any other language but matlab I've been having issues with. Problem is I absolutely need to use matlab for one module. If this is impossible to accomplish all in matlab then can i instead run this in C and call one matlab module with separate thread? Sample code below. function mainParallelTest() persistent counter; counter = 0; parfor i=0:2 if (i == 0) ImageProccessorParallelTest(); elseif(i == 1) EventProcessorParallelTest(); elseif(i == 2) prevCounter = 0; tempCounter = 1; while(true) tempCounter = counter; if (tempCounter == prevCounter) %disp('hi') end prevCounter = tempCounter; end end end "Alex Cruikshank" <cruiksam@gmail.com> writes: > Long story short, here is the criteria I need. >...

Detect matlab version
Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file. The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying IF (MATLAB < 2007) use this ELSE use imhist END Does this exist? thank you Erik wrote: > Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file. AllVers = ver; ThisVer = AllVers(strcmp({AllVers.Name},'MATLAB')); You can then either look at ThisVer.Release(2:end-1) to get out 'R2007a' (for example), or at ThisVer.Version to get out '7.4' (for example) "Erik " <Idont@wantSpam.co> wrote in message news:gd35ou$l1m$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am > using while running a file. > > The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new > code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying > > IF (MATLAB < 2007) > use this > ELSE > use imhist > END > > > Does this exist? Use VER, VERSION, and/or VERLESSTHAN: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/ver.html http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/version.html http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/verlessthan.html As the Remarks section of the VERLESSTHAN reference page indicates, if your version of MATLAB doesn&#...

Why does Matlab do this
What is happening when I type rand(1:10) at the command line? Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? Thanks "Robert" wrote in message <j64asi$5v4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > What is happening when I type > rand(1:10) > at the command line? > > Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? > Thanks Hi Robert, You're create a 10-D array with that syntax. Do you just want a vector of 10 uniformly distributed random numbers. x = rand(10,1); % or x = rand(1,10); Wayne Hi Wayne, You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! Thanks for the explanation. Robert "Robert" wrote in message <j64d2h$dvo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi Wayne, > You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! > Thanks for the explanation. > Robert That's fine. Welcome to MATLAB!!! If that's the worst memory-intensive mistake you ever make, you'll be fine :) I've done much, much worse. Wayne ...

Web resources about - Matlab 2011a student version/ Parallel computing box - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the formal concept of computation, see computation . For the magazine, see Computing (magazine) . For the scientific journal, see Computing ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Apple Signs Deal To Use Google’s Cloud Computing
More and more businesses are moving their computing platform to the cloud. Cloud computing is the term given to accessing computer and database ...

Can we stop pretending the iPad represents the future of computing?
... post-PC era was upon us. Not to single out Cook, even Steve Jobs believed that tablets were going to one day eclipse PCs as the future of computing. ...

Skyport Raises $30M from GV and Cisco Investments to Ramp Delivery of Zero-Trust Secure Computing Infrastructure ...
Skyport Systems, the company redefining enterprise security architecture, today announced a $30 million round of funding, enabling the company ...

Breakthrough brings quantum computing a big step closer
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated that a key building block can ...

Could a Fredkin gate be the next quantum leap forward for computing?
Building quantum computers is tricky business, with a range of obstacles to overcome, but scientists have had a recent breakthrough with a new ...

Quanta partners with Ericsson for cloud computing datacenter business
Quanta Computer has partnered with telecom equipment maker Ericsson to push the cloud computing datacenter market and the cooperation is expected ...

Eight Ways Solar Power Is Driving New-Gen Computing
As solar technology advances, it's becoming clear that solar is a vital part of the equation that will grow tech's future.

GPU computing breakthrough? Cloud rendering company claims to run CUDA on non-Nvidia GPUs
The cloud rendering company Otoy is claiming to have invented a new software translation layer that would allow Nvidia's CUDA to run on a variety ...