Matlab 2011a student version

Please advise.
I have installed Matlab 2011a on a Window 7 64 bit OS laptop.
Will it run smoothly?
If not what are the fixes?
Thanks
RR

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

Does Visual Studio compilers support student version MATLAB
Hello, my goal is make cuda code working at my MATLAB student version .I have 2010 Visual Studio with MATLAB Version(R2011a) This is my VER MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a) MATLAB License Number: STUDENT Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.12 (R2011a) Simulink Version 7.7 (R2011a) Control System Toolbox Version 9.1 (R2011a) DSP System Toolbox Version 8.0 (R2011a) Fixed-Point Toolbox Version 3.3 (R2011a) Image Processing Toolbox Version 7.2 (R2011a) Optimization Toolbox Version 6.0 (R2011a) Parallel Computing Toolbox Version 5.1 (R2011a) Signal Processing Toolbox Version 6.15 (R2011a) Statistics Toolbox Version 7.5 (R2011a) Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 5.6 EDU>> setup_cuda_mex Note that only Visual Studio compilers are supported. Creating cudamexopts.bat based on ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

MATLAB Student Version, Database Toolbox, SQL Server 2008 Express;
Hi, I am new here; thanks in advance for your patience. Can the Database Toolbox be added to the MATLAB Student Version? If so, is SQL Server 2008 Express supported? Which other versions of MATLAB, if any, support SQL Server 2008 Express? Nicole ...

Matlab 6 Student Version 12 w/Simulink [Windows
I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of Matlab. How may I resolve this dilemma ? Appreciatively, C.Thomas "Courtney Thomas" <ccthomas@joimail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.05.18.13.50.51.891670@joimail.com... >I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the > bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the > necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. > > In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of > Matlab. > > How may I resolve this dilemma ? The Student Version of MATLAB shouldn't need a password -- the bookstore employee was probably thinking of the professional version of MATLAB, which does require a passcode or a license file. Chapter 2 of the Learning MATLAB 6 manual, which should have been included in the box, discusses how to install the Student Version. As long as you follow the instructions in that chapter and have your documentation CD in the drive when you start MATLAB, it should work. There is one issue that you may run into if your machine has a Pentium 4 -- see section 27 of this document for instructions on how to avoid this issue. http://www.mathwo...

Discrepancy in MATLAB versions
Hi , I am profiling code in two different versions of MATLAB (2009a and 2012a). The machine 2012a is installed is newer than the machine with 2009a, and thus, a better CPU. However, when I execute the following: A=magic(10000) A.*A I received two different timing results, the 2009a results (414.0415 seconds) are much lower than 2012a (574.746 seconds). Any suggestion on why this is the case would be greatly appreciated. Also, all other subsecquent code in MATLAB 2012a is much lower than 2009a. Thanks On 29 apr, 15:30, "Jerome " <the_r...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi , > I am profiling code in two different versions of MATLAB (2009a and 2012a). The machine 2012a is installed is newer than the machine with 2009a, and thus, a better CPU. However, when I execute the following: > > A=magic(10000) > A.*A > > I received two different timing results, the 2009a results (414.0415 seconds) are much lower than 2012a (574.746 seconds). Any suggestion on why this is the case would be greatly appreciated. > > Also, all other subsecquent code in MATLAB 2012a is much lower than 2009a. > > Thanks Simple question, but hard to answer: What happens if you exchange Matlab versions? I know, too much trouble, but this may shed some light on your problem. And do you have more memory available to the 2009a version? Just some thoughts. Good luck "Jerome " <the_rome@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jnjfp0$9fc$1@newscl01a...

Matlab 2011a #2
I have installed a Matlab 2011a on a Windows 7 64bit OS. Will I be able to rum Matlab smoothly? Thanks RR ...

Detect matlab version
Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file. The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying IF (MATLAB < 2007) use this ELSE use imhist END Does this exist? thank you Erik wrote: > Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file. AllVers = ver; ThisVer = AllVers(strcmp({AllVers.Name},'MATLAB')); You can then either look at ThisVer.Release(2:end-1) to get out 'R2007a' (for example), or at ThisVer.Version to get out '7.4' (for example) "Erik " <Idont@wantSpam.co> wrote in message news:gd35ou$l1m$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am > using while running a file. > > The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new > code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying > > IF (MATLAB < 2007) > use this > ELSE > use imhist > END > > > Does this exist? Use VER, VERSION, and/or VERLESSTHAN: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/ver.html http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/version.html http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/verlessthan.html As the Remarks section of the VERLESSTHAN reference page indicates, if your version of MATLAB doesn&#...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

Change of version for MATLAB files
Hi , I have installed MATLAB 7, now if I want to install 6.5 then how to change the version of MATLAB files which are made in version 7, as some files of newer version may not work in older version? "rajesh " <rajesh.shaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ff9e6t$26v$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi , > I have installed MATLAB 7, now if I want to install 6.5 > then how to change the version of MATLAB files which are > made in version 7, as some files of newer version may not > work in older version? There is NO version number for your m files when you create them? they are just plain text file. But If you create an .m file which runs ok under version 7, and you want this file to run ok under earlier versions (assuming it does not), then you need to make the necessary changes in your m file to make it run under earlier versions (this is sometimes called backporting). But if your m file calls function(s) that are part of Matlab and those functions only exist in version 7 and not in the erarlier version, then you might be out of luck there. I am not sure why you want to do this. The common practice is to go the other way. Any reason why, if you have version 7 you want to use version 6.5? may be if you give the reason it would help to give you a better advice. Nasser On Oct 18, 10:13 pm, "Nasser Abbasi" <n...@12000.org> wrote: > "rajesh " <rajesh.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > ne...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Legend in Matlab 2011a using ubuntu10
I am getting same red colour in both the legends with the following code: p=0.99; k=0:1:1000; geomSeries =p.^k; G = 1/(1-p); plot(k,G,'r'); hold on; plot(k,cumsum(geomSeries),'b'); legend('Infinite Sum', 'Finite Sum', 'Location', 'NorthEast') hold off; xlabel('Index'); ylabel('Sum'); title ('Convergence of geometric Series with p=0.99'); Can someone help me out.... Thanks in advance ...

Difference in griddata/TriScatteredInterp between MATLAB versions
I am getting significant differences when using griddata/TriScatteredInterp between different versions of MATLAB. This interpolation is a necessary step in a much larger routine to compute the spectral approximation to a velocity field, and using the griddata/TriScatteredInterp functions in the latest MATLAB release (2012a) produces overall results that do not converge appropriately as the sampling resolution is increased. In contrast, the 2010a results do converge properly. Thus, the newest version of MATLAB appears unusable for me for this problem. The griddata/TriScatteredInterp function is the only MATLAB built-in function I use in my larger routine. I've included a simple routine that samples a velocity field at a discrete number of points, and then tries to interpolate at a new grid staggered from the first. There is no difference (to machine precision) between MATLAB versions for the sampled velocities, however their interpolants differ greatly (the max difference between the interpolants is between 2-4% of the maximum x- and y-velocities). This difference is identical using both the griddata and TriScatteredInterp formulations. It is a shame that the newest release appears to perform so poorly, whereas the older version (2010a) seems to give much more accurate results. Does anyone know why this would be occurring or a workaround to fix it? Is there any way to roll back the current griddata/TriScatteredInterp routines to their 2010a predecessors? I j...

PID control in new version of Matlab
Hi, I am trying to implement PID control in a simple second order servo system using a simulink block diagram. Previously using Matlab7 I could get a PID block, which had a simple options form with coefficient for each of P, I and D. we are now running Matlab 2010b and I have encountered a problem. The PID block is now called PID(s) and the options form is much more complex. It still has fields for inputting coefficients of P, I and D and many more. When using this block the response characteristics are quite different from previously and I cannot tune it to give a desirable response to a simple stepped input. Can anyone shed any light on this? I really just need simple control like I had previously. I am not an expert in control, I am a bio-mechanist who is teaching this to undergraduates. Thanks Oli ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

fread problem in different Matlab version
Dear all, I had a data file with a file head of 4096 characters. I try to use fread to read the file head, however, the results are different in different Matlab version: [FileAsChars, NumChars] = fread(fid,4096,'char'); I used Matlab 7.1.0.246 (R14). service pack 3 and 7.3.0.267 (2006b), it seems the result is not right at 2006b. Anyone can give me some advices? thank you very much! "bin " <binpersonal@gmail.com> writes: > Dear all, > > I had a data file with a file head of 4096 characters. I try > to use fread to read the file head, however, the results are > different in different Matlab version: > > [FileAsChars, NumChars] = fread(fid,4096,'char'); > > I used Matlab 7.1.0.246 (R14). service pack 3 and 7.3.0.267 > (2006b), it seems the result is not right at 2006b. > > Anyone can give me some advices? Did you open the file in binary mode? fopen(filename, 'rb') Otherwise, on some platforms (cough cough Windows) the C library will convert carriage-return/linefeed pairs in the file to linefeeds in your buffer, changing the number of characters. -Peter Thank u, I changed to 'rb', but it didn't seem to work. my original code is: fopen(strcat(UserInput.filepath,UserInput.filename),'r','ieee-le'); FileHeader = []; [FileAsChars, NumChars] = fread(fid,4096,'uchar'); > Did you open the file in binary mode? &...

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

How to know in which matlab version an .mat file is saved?
Hi, I have a problem with .mat files. I get some data in mat format and can not open it in windows with matlab 2011b, but succeed by using matlab 2010a on a linux server. Does matlab use different mat format on linux and windows? Is there any function to get in which matlab version and in which OS an .mat file is saved? Thanks a lot ...

Web resources about - Matlab 2011a student version - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Student - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A student (Also Pupil) is a learner, or someone who attends an educational institution. In some nations, the English term (or its cognate in ...

Former University of Wollongong student Nicholas Toso sentenced for filming up fellow student's skirt ...
Nicholas Toso was caught filming up a fellow student's skirt for more than an hour. He still can't explain why he did it.

Here’s An Absence Excuse Form For Law Students
This handy form will help you deal with professors when they notice you are absent.

Stephen Glass Tells Journalism Students He Has Paid Back $200,000
... Republic star Stephen Glass visited Duke University today. During his talk, he dropped an astounding number: In his conversation with students ...

Video shows white SFU student accosted because dreadlocks “appropriate” Egyptian culture
San Francisco State University is investigating allegations that an African-American university employee physically accosted a white student ...

A Student’s Question About the Minimum Wage
(Don Boudreaux) Tweet Last night in my Principles of Microeconomics class at George Mason University (ECON 103) my students and I discussed ...

Student who says he was expelled for rough sex wins lawsuit
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — A federal judge has ordered George Mason University to reinstate a student who said he was wrongly expelled for sexual misconduct ...

Sallie Mae To Offer Increasingly Popular Parent Student Loans
For years, parents have assisted their children in shouldering the increasingly high cost of college: co-signing private student loans, taking ...

UVA Illegal Immigrant Group Demands ‘Xenophobes’ Be Barred From Student Government
UVA Illegal Immigrant Group Demands ‘Xenophobes’ Be Barred From Student Government

Cisco To Invest $100 Million in India To Push Digitisation And Train 250000 Students
Dazeinfo (blog) Cisco To Invest $100 Million in India To Push Digitisation And Train 250000 Students Dazeinfo (blog) Cisco Systems, Inc (NASDAQ:CSCO), ...